April 4, 2005

The Monday Recap

It was a busy, but good, weekend. Here's what it looked like...

There are more...head over to the Flickr galleries for all the photos!

First things first...Friday. I worked from home which was nice but, in keeping with the major theme of stress and overwork, I was busy! Once the business world decided to leave me alone (step off!) I had some time to finish taping off the nursery. I was hoping to get it primed this weekend but the cold, wet weather just wouldn't let me. As a double happy bonus surprise, though, I did manage to electrocute myself. I was impressed too. Nothing like a nice jolt of electricity to get the weekend off to a good start! On the plus side, Brenda called and we set something up for Saturday. Of course, I didn't exactly make a good first impression, what with just having been electrocuted and all.

Having decided on a late lunch/early dinner in Georgetown with Brenda and her sister, Beth and I headed into the District early to hit the art galleries. Despite the ongoing monsoon, there were still tons of tourists out to see the cherry blossoms but it was nice to hang out downtown for a while. The weather improved by the time we left and we were able to successfully rendezvous with our out of town guests and have a wonderful meal over completely inappropriate conversation. Don't ask. You may think you want to know but you don't. Really. Then we drove home. In a massive hail storm. How's that for karma?

Now, a question - did you all remember that whole spring ahead/fall back thingy? Because Beth and I totally didn't. Until noon yesterday. By which time we were convinced that there was something really fucked up going on in the world. Once we noodled it through, we went looking for baby furniture. And, um, can I tell you how much baby furniture there is to choose from? No, I can't. Because there's way too much. I'm half-tempted to just put a blindfold on, walk to the center of the store, rotate and point. It would be just about as effective. Of course that would be the one crib that gets recalled. Between the conspiracy to alter time and the stress of looking at 384,291 cribs, we were worn out, headed home and watched the last four episodes of 24 season one. Oh, and hooked the iPod up to Beth's belly for The Beanette. And in case you're wondering, she listened to Massive Attack.

It was truly a wonderful weekend, the best part of which was all the good time spent with Beth. Now, how about you? How was your weekend?

Posted by Chris at April 4, 2005 8:01 AM
Comments

Madre de Dios! Is that one the DC Galleries?
That's spectacular

Posted by: wn at April 4, 2005 8:10 AM

Jeez. I feel like an underachiever. *lol*

Posted by: Iki at April 4, 2005 8:49 AM

Isn't being electrocuted fun? I try it once in a while just to remember that silly shaky feeling. :D

How was my weekend? Ran in another trail race. Sore as hell today. I might try electrocution to take my mind off it.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at April 4, 2005 8:51 AM

So, is your hair frizzy now?

Posted by: Amber at April 4, 2005 9:30 AM

sounds like a good weekend! sorry to hear about the electrocution!!! eek! did your hair stand on end?? yeah i had brunch on sunday and suffice it to say that people would NOT wnat to know what we were talking about either!! ;)

Posted by: lizabetty at April 4, 2005 9:33 AM

Hey your weekend sounds much better than mine, what with getting my car stolen and all. Thanks for the sympathy on my blog, it was more appreciated than you (or anyone who gave me sympathy) could ever know. Kind of reaffirms that there ARE good people out there, thankyou again.

Posted by: Nina at April 4, 2005 9:47 AM

I've been wanting to check out the American Indian Museum. Glad you had a nice weekend...it rained buckets up here, too.

Posted by: Milly at April 4, 2005 10:46 AM

It happened. It's over now. I miss it.

Posted by: Queen of Ass at April 4, 2005 11:15 AM

Ah, electrocution. Good times, no?

Posted by: Heather at April 4, 2005 12:16 PM

Ooo, electrocution, my husband did that too when working on the outlets in the nursery. He also managed to blow out all the electricity in that part of the house.

Picking furniture, weee fun. There is way too much out there. Let me say though, I was really happy with my purchase of an Italian made wood crib. It has thus far survived two infants with nary a scratch.

Posted by: A.K. at April 4, 2005 1:54 PM

Massive Attack? LOL!

Be glad you got electrocuted in the US. We have twice as much power (220 watt? no .. 220 volt? ehm.., you know what I mean :)) on the net here as you have. And me being clumsy and all have met that 220. Very exciting.

Great pictures!

Posted by: Sweety at April 4, 2005 2:12 PM

Damn...aren't you TIRED now?!

Posted by: QC at April 4, 2005 2:31 PM

Nice pics, looks like you had a great weekend! :) But you might want to avoid electrocution in the future ... just a thought ;)

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at April 4, 2005 2:43 PM

It was a very quiet weekend. Oh, and I nominated you and the spousely one for a meme. Find it here: http://www.jaynedarcy.us/archives/2005/04/this_was_passed_1.php

Posted by: etherian at April 4, 2005 3:02 PM

I think you need those plastic safety outlet covers now, forget about when the baby comes.

Posted by: bd at April 4, 2005 3:19 PM

Those night pictures are really cool. I didn't remember about the hour until I went to bed. I didn't even notice that shows were on ahead of time. ;)

Posted by: Carla at April 4, 2005 3:53 PM

Just remember: you don't need all the baby stuff they make you think you need...

(A crib is good to have, though).

Posted by: Alison at April 4, 2005 3:53 PM

K, some of those shots are outstanding. I especially like the tunnel one.

Posted by: Heather at April 4, 2005 6:38 PM

That sounds like an excellent weekend! Of course the weather is beautiful NOW, you know, just in time for work and all.

(I once shocked myself on a goat fence but I don't know that it compares with actual ELECTROCUTION. Hope you are feeling okay!)

Posted by: supine at April 5, 2005 12:15 AM

I agree that a lot of the baby stuff out there is not what you really need. If I may pry (and I'm ok with it since you do publish your lives on the net ;)), how much have you gotten that's a donation? I know my sister didn't get a crib because she had some friends that had them in the past and passed them on.

I'll take the crib recommendation and raise you a diaper genie.

I also loved the pictures. It looked like a very nice weekend despite the wonkiness of time changing.

Posted by: Sepra at April 5, 2005 12:35 AM

fork in the toaster??

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at April 5, 2005 12:53 AM

Boy, what a sweetie you are! Mmm... sushi...

I was electrocuted by my garbage disposal yesterday. I hate that.

Posted by: jenorama at April 5, 2005 10:23 AM

Ooh geez, yeah i totally didn't even know it was spring forward time... insane weekend check my latest entry for the recap... oy vey!

Posted by: angel at April 5, 2005 1:25 PM