April 18, 2005

Zootastic!

Yesterday, Beth and I took the Beanette (in utero, of course) to the zoo! I'm sure she just figured we were doing an extra amount of walking or something but it was a beautiful day.

...click here to see all the pics...

The rest of the weekend was just as glorious as the trip to the zoo. Most exciting of all (to me) was the arrival of a new mattress. You see, when we bought our Ikea bedroom furniture, we also bought one of their mattresses. Ikea furniture? Awesome. Ikea mattresses? Terrible. So after a year of sleeping in utter discomfort, and for the sake of my now-chronically uncomfortable pregnant wife, we bought a super-duper top of the line pillow top mattress that truly must be made with the primary components of angels' wings and rainbows. Trust me - it was hard leaving it behind this morning. And? We shopped for a new tree. We lost our plum tree last year and are finally getting around to replacing it. Tree-hunting pictures later this week.

Posted by Chris at April 18, 2005 8:44 AM
Comments

I see how the terrible, awful, no good mattress cramped your fingers!! How messed up is that? Heh! Its a good thing you replaced it with angelwings and rainbows! Glad you had a nice time at the zoo with Baby Beanette! Happy Monday, if there is such a thing!

Posted by: Tricia at April 18, 2005 8:51 AM

Wait, didn't I go with you? I could have sworn I went with you, but it appears I wasn't there after all.

Posted by: Mrs. Cactus at April 18, 2005 9:28 AM

Man, you cannot put a price on a good mattress. My Futon is my best friend and my alarm clock my worst anarchistic enemy...

Posted by: andy boy at April 18, 2005 9:34 AM

The Zoo!!! Glad you had fun, looked like the weather was great! I too and not thrilled for it to be Monday. I appreciated your note about us "all in this together and we'll survive. That alone will help me make it through today.

Posted by: alfredsmom at April 18, 2005 9:34 AM

The big animal in the middle of your picture montage looks so mean and nasty! Why would you want to snap a picture of that evil creature????

Outside of that, looks like a beautiful day all in all!

Posted by: Jade at April 18, 2005 9:55 AM

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

when we first got our pillow-top mattress we didn't want to leave it either... it was like sleeping on a corner of heaven! enjoy!

Posted by: monique at April 18, 2005 10:06 AM

yeah, no pics of the Fish or the Fetus!! ???

Posted by: ::c:: at April 18, 2005 10:10 AM

it really is all about poop. you'd better come to terms with that before the baby gets here.

Posted by: jodi at April 18, 2005 10:54 AM

you had a much better weekend than i! there is nothing [almost] better then a great mattress topped off with great modal sheets ;)

Posted by: angel at April 18, 2005 11:02 AM

Nice zoo pics, and what's that nasty looking creature in the middle? Must be...The Rude Cactus! :D

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at April 18, 2005 11:11 AM

QUICK! Say something nice to your wife -- she'll start crying again!

Gah! Men! Can't keep up with the hormones...

Posted by: Stacy at April 18, 2005 11:39 AM

//Now...its Monday. I'm not happy about that but we're all in this together and we'll survive.//

Promises, promises.

And I think ya'lls zoo is way prettier than the Dallas one.

Posted by: Queen of Ass at April 18, 2005 11:43 AM

Ah yes. The boyfriend and I have been sleeping on a $200 mattress for almost four years now. We've finally figured out what's causing the constant morning backaches, and are going to splurge on something fancy. Props to new mattresses!

Posted by: Heather at April 18, 2005 11:55 AM

The mattress? Such a good call. Pillow top is like heaven (as you know).

And, I found both pandas. I'll take my $10 now.

Posted by: bmh at April 18, 2005 12:04 PM

I was so thinking this was a post about Zoot...

Glad you had a good weekend. :)

Posted by: alektra at April 18, 2005 12:11 PM

As soon as I opened to your blog I could tell you had a swell time. thanks for sharing!

Posted by: vicki at April 18, 2005 12:30 PM

A good mattress is VERY important for sleeping pregnant mommies. Glad you two got a new one!

Posted by: Pink Sun Drops at April 18, 2005 12:33 PM

Lovely pictures. You've got me hankering to visit the zoo now!

Posted by: princessdominique at April 18, 2005 1:20 PM

Love the pictures. I haven't been to a zoo in ages.

We bought IKEA pillows once. They were extremely comfortable for exactly ONE week. Never again :)

Posted by: Sweety at April 18, 2005 2:44 PM

Fight the power man!

Though, being on the East coast, you're almost to the end of your day.

Lucky bastard.

Posted by: JP at April 18, 2005 2:51 PM

Hey man, who are you shooting those fingers at? It'd better not be me! I'll have to shoot you back... and I'm warning you, I never lose a "shoot off!" :p

Dude, the zoo totally rocks and a new pillow-top mattress is awesome! Hope Beth is all comfy now ;)

Posted by: Gweny at April 18, 2005 4:04 PM

Did you know, if you go in the ape house, sit with your back to the gorilla habitat window, a gorilla will come sit back to back with you. I made a great gorilla friend that way.

Posted by: Nicole at April 18, 2005 8:37 PM

Please tell me that you bought a Kingsdown mattress for your poor wife. Mine is a little (well big, King sized in a queen-sized room actually) slice of heaven and cost as much as a decent used car. I thank the good credit gods every night I lie on it though.

Posted by: Geezitron at April 18, 2005 11:29 PM

totally just sprayed myself over that photo.
and the only reason I will consider forgiving you is because no one in the office saw me do it.

Posted by: stinkerbell at April 19, 2005 6:15 AM

ooh, did it have real plums on it, yum!!! i haven't been to the zoo in a while, that would be a fun weekend thing to do, thanks for the good idear!!

Posted by: lizabetty at April 19, 2005 3:08 PM

Frame that one and put it next to the beanettes bed. She'll never dream of monsters.

What on God's Earth did Beth do to deserve taking that picture?
;-)