May 23, 2005

Haiku For Monday #80

Hi ho, hi ho...oh
fuck that. I'm here. At work. Are
you all satisfied?

(Personally, I'm of the mind that there needs to be some incremental "return to work" system whereby, following a nice vacation, you spend two hours in the office the first day back, four the next, and so on. This will help alleviate the feeling, halfway through the first day back, that you've metaphorically blown a tire while doing 95 on the highway. Just a thought.)

Posted by Chris at May 23, 2005 6:58 AM
Comments

Boy, that sucks. I really feel generally nervouse about going on holidays because i know I have to return to work and THAT feeling. I have a little mini-fantasy that i win the lotto on hols and never return, only I return in 6 months to dance about the office and answer my former colleagues questions as to where I have been for the last 6 months, before dancing some more, leaving the office and laughing because the rest of my life will be a holiday with occasional visits to old haunts to dance about in a slightly gloating manner. Sure everyone will hate me but I don't care, i am still on holiday!! The fantasy ends and I succumb to the drudgery. Sniff.

Posted by: andy boy at May 23, 2005 7:44 AM

Welcome back. If it helps, I don't think Mondays are any better for the non-vacation crowd. Or maybe that's just me.

Posted by: Fraulein N at May 23, 2005 8:20 AM

Heh. You're funny, Mr. Cactus. Also, I'm exhausted, and that makes everything funnier.

Posted by: Heather at May 23, 2005 8:20 AM

The child stopped sleeping
I've been up since one-thirty
Oh God please send drugs

Welcome back!

Posted by: Stacy at May 23, 2005 8:23 AM

I totally agree with your incremental return policy. I'm usually so depressed the week after vacation it's not even funny. *sigh* Oh well, I'm not giving up vacations no matter how hard it is to come back!

Posted by: carrster at May 23, 2005 8:58 AM

Zzzz, zzzz, zzz, zzzz, zzzz
zzzz, zzzz, zzzz, zzz, zz, zz, zz
Zzzz, SNORT, uh, huh? What?

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at May 23, 2005 9:00 AM

Re-entry is a bitch, no two ways about it. Glad you're back!

Posted by: SueBec at May 23, 2005 9:15 AM

i have one whether they want me to or not. anything longer than a three day weekend and i've forgotten how to do my job. i spend the first few hours just touching all the buttons the multitude of computers at my desk, spinning in my chair, and raiding the office supply cabinet.

Posted by: jodi at May 23, 2005 9:26 AM

I think there should be an obligatory week off AFTER you return from somewhere wonderful. There's laundry to do and sleep to be had and shit. It's just supposed to be a rule, I'm thinking!

Posted by: Queen of Ass at May 23, 2005 10:15 AM

Oh I sooo hear you. Neither of us want to be at work. I am on my last two weeks at work they they are squeezing every last little stinking drop of effort and knowledge out of me, like squeezing a damn sponge dry. Why did I give 3 weeks notice? Am I insane? In fact, while I am typing this, a candidate for my job is waiting in the lobby for me to interview him. Do I tell him all the reasons he does NOT want this job? Nah...let him figure it out. Okay, and how weird is it to interview your replacement?

Posted by: beautifulface at May 23, 2005 4:00 PM

Yes, I'll go for the Gentle Re-Entry Into Work After a Vacation System.... and while we're at it, how about the same kind of system that eases us back into the week after the weekend? Then Mondays might not suck as much ass.

Posted by: ironic1 at May 23, 2005 5:47 PM

I wasn't yesterday - but I am today :( wahhhh! I wanna go home!

Posted by: Marie at May 24, 2005 9:27 AM

YES. Totally. And I was only gone for a long weekend - I can't even imagine how you must be feeling.

Posted by: Dawnie at May 24, 2005 12:08 PM