May 31, 2005

Help! I've Gardened and I Can't Get Up

Remember that major excavation work gardening I did on Sunday? So do I. Worse, so does my body. Picture me, a relatively healthy, vibrant 32 year old. Now, imagine how'd I'd be getting around if I were, say, a 90 year old. With two artificial legs. And severe back issues. Throw in a painful hernia or something for good measure. That's me today. Sexy, huh?

Let's see...you know about the birthing classes. You're caught up on that whole gardening thing. (Oh man! I just tried to stand up...I don't, repeat do not, recommend that!) I think you're pretty much caught up. Oh, we did venture out yesterday to catch up with Western civilization and saw the latest Star Wars movie. The verdict? It didn't suck. It wasn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, or even muffins, but it was far better than the first two.

So that's it. My boring update for the morning. Now, who has morphine? I needs me some of that.

Posted by Chris at May 31, 2005 7:23 AM
Comments

Still need the visuals on this gardening project. It's possible that you've gotten what you deserve, Chris. It
sounded a tad ambitious, but if it is the garden of your dreams, hey, it was worth it!

Posted by: Vicki at May 31, 2005 7:54 AM

If you get some of that morphine pass it this way when you're done. I fell off my bike into a gravel pit this weekend.

Posted by: Krush at May 31, 2005 8:49 AM

We spent all weekend in the yard/garden too - thankfully due to many prior dandelion uprooting sessions, the pain didn't come this time (yay) and I'm in "gardening shape." Now I'm just hoping those damn carrots grow! If I run across any morphine, I'll send it your way.

Posted by: carrster at May 31, 2005 9:25 AM

I could offer you vicodin, but you'd be over it by the time I could send it to you....

Posted by: Queen of Ass at May 31, 2005 9:51 AM

Diddo on episode III. Didn't suck and was better than the first two. Oh, and like whiskey and cigarettes--gardening will kill ya. Avoid it at all costs ;-)

Posted by: Ginny at May 31, 2005 9:56 AM

Was the movie better than the first two? Or better than the first two that are actually the fourth and fifth in the former first series of three, that is now the second series of three?
Or something?

Posted by: DaFFy at May 31, 2005 10:00 AM

This weekend I told my husband I feel like a 70 year old woman. My back hurts, my ankles are stiff and crack every time I walk, my kidneys ache and I have gas.

I hate being an 33 year old trapped in the body of an old hag.

So, dude, I feel your pain. Only I can't blame mine on any hard work. Suckage.

Posted by: Y at May 31, 2005 10:40 AM

Your assessment of the new Star Wars is exactly the same as mine: It didn't suck.

Posted by: jen at May 31, 2005 10:46 AM

Awww you poor man... I know what gardening pain feels like, lol. I felt the same way last year after helping my mom (The gardening queen) with her vegtable garden and front flower beds.

get some rest, you're gonna need it, hehe

Posted by: Tammy at May 31, 2005 11:35 AM

I love gardening..until the next day

Sounds like it beats my outdoor experience. Cleaning massive amounts of algae out of our pond while the fish snapped at me......yummy!!

Posted by: beautifulface at May 31, 2005 12:18 PM

Don't they have "clappers" for your office? No? Have them installed, old man . . .

Posted by: bluepoppy at May 31, 2005 1:32 PM

ha ha, you are old, lol!

Posted by: lizabetty at May 31, 2005 1:47 PM

Hey, you old geezer! That'll learn ya to not do so much yardwork at once!

Star Wars did not suck the second time I saw it either. I actually got a little teary at the very end.

Anyhoots, take a hot bath tonight and you'll feel much better tomorrow. The second day is always the worst!

Posted by: Q at May 31, 2005 3:00 PM

people around here recommend arnaca cream for these aches and pains. which you can find in your local natural foods type store. ie: every other block in seattle. i tried it and it did seem to help a little.

i recommend what my massage therapist told me. hot hot bath with epsom salts. it will make you sweat out the toxins, the lactic acid, that was released when you used muscles you didn't know you had.

Posted by: jodi at May 31, 2005 3:10 PM

We too spent the weekend gardening...we'll show you ours if you show us yours.

Posted by: jen at May 31, 2005 3:46 PM

pictures of the landscaping?

Posted by: Snidget at May 31, 2005 5:23 PM

Just lay off the Advil. You read what happened to me. Probably better off with Aleve, you know.

And I wish I could have gardening pain. My "garden" consists of about 8 flower pots and planters along the balcony. I have to rotate every week because they are all leaning out the balcony for a few hours of AM direct sunlight. I'm hoping I don't end up with squiggly plants...

Posted by: Oakley at May 31, 2005 6:56 PM

I have a funny story which happened recently, actually, involving moi (pretend that's in bold italics) and morphine (ditto). Too involved to go into here but I'll email you the story one day...
I trimmed the shrubs bordering our front lawn yesterday and likewise, yee-owwwww!!! Is there a medical condition called "jelly arms"?

Posted by: Juju's Mom at May 31, 2005 7:43 PM

know what u feel about the whole 90 year old sensation with fake legs - I worked at the dog rescue yesterday and today I've been up since 4am playing tents with my kid in my bed and my knees have decided to pass on to a better world.
But hey, at least you re not feeling like this WITH a newborn - no more gardening after she is born!

As for Bonnie TYler, I have a secret addiction :) But your making up songs is no where near as embarrassing as me doing the dance from The Time. (who rule, by the way). I'm only 1 - I'm too young to be dancing to this stuff...

Posted by: song at May 31, 2005 7:58 PM

Pass the morphine, please........

Oh, and we, too, saw Star Wars and we, too, agree it did not suck.

"Suck, it did not"..........

Posted by: Julie at June 1, 2005 9:19 AM