June 6, 2005

Ramblings From The Weekend

Ahh, the weekend. Now just a memory. In case you need to catch up, there were lots of coincidences, talk of a registry for the Bean, and an Extreme Makeover: Bathroom Edition. Understandable that I'm a little tired, right? Other than that, you didn't miss a whole lot. Beth and I did figure out how we're going to make enough money to retire early though...

Her: We're not going to work tomorrow, are we?
Me: Nope. Work on a Monday? Crazy talk.
Her: So, what are we going to do instead of work.
Me: Ooh! Drive to West Virginia and play the slots!
Her: And bet on the ponies?
Me: Sure.
Her: They should race weiner dogs.
Me: That would be awesome!
Her: Finding jockeys would be tough though.
Me: Ferrets. Use ferret jockeys.
Her: Those might be a little big.
Me: True. Hamsters?
Her: Chinchillas!
Me: Nice. Weiner dogs and chinchilla jockeys! We should get it sponsored by Oscar Meyer. That way it'd be, like, the Oscar Meyer Weiner Weiner Dog Championship. Better with two weiners.
Her: That's perfect.
Me: Yep, I'd put my money on a good weiner.

Posted by Chris at June 6, 2005 8:43 AM
Comments

What would you do with the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile for a day?

Posted by: Michelle at June 6, 2005 8:51 AM

Would you have an Oscar Meyer Weiner float that flew overhead during the races too?

Posted by: Queen of Ass at June 6, 2005 9:42 AM

You know, you two really are lucky you found each other. I'm not sure anyone else would be able to keep up with either one of you for very long.

Posted by: Kerry at June 6, 2005 10:32 AM

Ya know...in Seattle they DO race weiner dogs. A local radio station here sponsors it. The owners run ahead and the dogs follow. It's ridiculously cute. I think Peanut Wee Wee one last year! https://www.emeralddowns.com/default.asp?cat=8&id=150
If you scroll down the link a bit you'll see it.

Posted by: Jessica at June 6, 2005 11:15 AM

That's how I made my millions! I only work for the fun of it now. Go weiner dogs!

Posted by: Q at June 6, 2005 11:58 AM

You know, you guys may have something there, I I'd totally put my money on a good weiner! And by the way, YOU saying that I am good with a camera was seriously my high for today...thanks!

Posted by: Kate at June 6, 2005 12:25 PM

Weiners...got a love 'em. It's like men, can't live with them...can't live without their weiners. LOL sorry..bad joke.

Posted by: J at June 6, 2005 12:33 PM

I'm trying to think of something witty -- a good comeback to: "Yep, I'd put my money on a good weiner" --- I just can't put my finger on it...

Posted by: bob at June 6, 2005 1:09 PM

I'm picturing this geeky, hotdog-lookin' dude with a microphone and bad teeth announcing to the screaming mob/crowd "And the Weiner is..."
*crackle, crackle*
*crowd roars*
*feedback* ouch!
"Numbah Fawty-faw, ladies and gennelmen!" and on and on, you get the picture...

PS I think we all need serious psychiatric evaluation :-)

Posted by: JuJu's Mom at June 6, 2005 4:44 PM

Chinchillas go crazy and eat each other when surrounded by loud noises. Weird, huh?

It was a lawsuit with a drag race next to a chinchilla farm...

Posted by: alektra at June 6, 2005 8:43 PM

The smart money is on the hamster jockeys. They're smaller. Lighter. More devious. Surly, even. They'l cut you, man.

Posted by: Jason at June 6, 2005 11:50 PM

Researching for your event? Check this out: http://www.partypics.com/ver2/EventImages.aspx?EventID=88442

I live in St. Louis. We host the second largest (I don't think I made up this stat) Mardi Gras celebration in the nation outside N'awlins. One of the more family-oriented events during the week is the Weiner Dog Derby. The link is pix from this year's races. No chinchillas, though, so you may be onto something even better!

Posted by: Gwen at June 7, 2005 12:10 AM

Oh, no! I think i have to draw that!

Posted by: Krista at June 7, 2005 8:12 AM

i'd bet on those weiners too! i've always wanted a chinchilla so i could name him chimichanga! meet chimichanga the crazy chinchilla!!

Posted by: angel at June 7, 2005 7:29 PM

If you are willing to buy a car, you would have to receive the mortgage loans. Furthermore, my father all the time takes a financial loan, which supposes to be the most reliable.

Posted by: CorrineRoss at January 2, 2011 3:54 PM