June 13, 2005

Umm...

Apparently, should you be interested in committing a crime and subsequently getting away with it, you should move to California.

(No offense to my friends in California, but your state looks kinda wacky.)

Posted by Chris at June 13, 2005 5:36 PM
Comments

and I am bummed, because if he were guilty, he would have been housed in "special" facility inside the prison, where the truly infamous prisoners go. Like Charles Manson. And, until recently, Sirhan Sirhan.

Ok, maybe that is really mean, but I sort of found the idea of a man, who uses his wealth and celebrity to entice children into his home and bed, living with Charles Manson, a just one.

Posted by: jodi at June 13, 2005 6:00 PM

This just shows you the things that are valued in America. Grown men just don't sleep in the same bed and shower with young boys. Its just sad...

Posted by: Cher at June 13, 2005 6:00 PM

I REALLY, REALLY thought there was no way in hell he'd go free. I guess I over-estimated the intelligence of the jury. I'm completely stunned, just disgusted. I hope he moves to Europe like he said he would, just not Portugal, he can move to Sweden or something.

Posted by: Carla at June 13, 2005 6:12 PM

Um...yeah....I'm a Californian through and through, but I don't understand the people they find for some of these juries. And, I can say that about the celebrity cases and non-celebrity cases, as I once worked very closely with court involved child abuse cases. At least I can say I will NEVER send my children over to his house for a sleepover.

Posted by: Nicole at June 13, 2005 6:32 PM

Being a Californian can really suck. I was appalled at the verdict. Asolutely certain in the beginning that his money couldn't get him out of this one. At least I live in the Northern part of the state!

Posted by: Lizzy'sMom at June 13, 2005 6:50 PM

wow, so much for innocent until proven guilty around these parts, huh?

I'm seriously interested to know what in the world you're basing your judgements on.

Yeah, Michael Jackson is a total whack job. Just being a whack job doesn't make you a child molestor.

And allowing a child to sleep in your bed with you, weird though it may be, does NOT make you a child molestor.

What it comes down to is that the accuser and his family were so UNBELIEVABLY NOT CREDIBLE that there was no way to erase reasonable doubt. I'd like to know how a bunch of people who don't know the family, weren't at the trial and are most likely not hiding in Michael Jackson's closet consider themselves qualified to pronounce the man guilty, when a jury who sat and listened to all of the evidence thinks he isn't.

Certainly puts a bit of doubt in my mind about my safety if I'm ever wrongly accused and put before a jury of my peers.

I'm not a big commentor, and I'm certainly not much of a disagree-er, ever. I prefer to keep my mouth shut, but crimeny, people. INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY.

Posted by: lucky at June 13, 2005 6:56 PM

It's O.J. all over again! You are innocent until proven guilty, but when more then one person comes along and accuses him of child molestation, what's the possibility that they're all lying? I don't care about his celebrity-ism...people don't go accusing Leonardo Decaprio of child molestation, or Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Eminem, there are tons of people who are just as famous as Michael Jackson that DON'T get accused of these types of crimes. I mean, look at Elvis! He is MORE world renoun then Michael, and he was never accused of child molestation (wife beating, yes, child molestation? NO!)

I guess it goes to show, it's not what you know, it's how much money you can soak Michael for after the trial's over and you tell him you were part of the jury.

Posted by: Randi at June 13, 2005 7:23 PM

I'm wondering if anyone who believes that Michael Jackson is innocent a)has kids and b)would send their kids over to Neverland Ranch for a sleepover.

Posted by: Jason at June 13, 2005 7:29 PM

WTF? I really don't get it. I doubt he was guilty on all counts, but innocent on all of them? I highly doubt it. Cases are not brought for no reason! *most of the time* I really truly hope that if he's hurting little children that he gets torn apart, somehow. Being 300 million dollars in debt is a good start though.

Posted by: Heather at June 13, 2005 7:32 PM

Since when is molesting children considered a crime? I don't get what the big deal is here. The guy is only an extremely psychotic, perverted, pedophile. I think he should be free to roam the streets and have children sleep in his bed whenever he likes. After all, he IS a celebrity! Duh.

Posted by: RockStar Mommy at June 13, 2005 8:09 PM

I totally knew that Jackson was going to be declared not guilty on all counts. If I bet money, I would have won quite the office pool, but it was a really simple question throughout all the eleven counts and the simple fact was that despite Jackson being an incredibly weird individual, there were doubts about whether or not he did the things he was accused of at the time and place he was accused.

Look at all the counts: "four counts of lewd conduct with a child younger than 14; one count of attempted lewd conduct; four counts of administering alcohol to facilitate child molestation, and one count of conspiracy to commit child abduction, false imprisonment or extortion"

If you think the boy might have been lying (and there was enough evidence to cast doubt) about the touching, then that's four counts down, he could have given him alcohol, but maybe not with the intention of molestation (down four more), and I doubt that he tried to kidnap the boy, so that's all of them.

Would I let my niece sleep over with him? No. Do I think justice was served? Sure. While he might be a child molester, he can't be convicted of molesting a boy he didn't. I know that sounds awful, but you know it's true.

Posted by: Sepra at June 13, 2005 8:37 PM

Dude, innocent until proven guilty or not - he's dangerous. I'm sorry but it's just wrong to entertain children in your bed and feed them alcohol any way you slice it, molestation or not.

I can't *believe* that these parents actually let their kids have sleepovers in this man's BED after he was accused the first time. What the hell is wrong with people?

If the tradition continues, and I hope it does not ... I am not sure whose fault it is if some kid gets hurt. The perp? (I got that from Law and Order SVU, heh) The parents? The jury?

Damn.

Posted by: chepooka at June 13, 2005 9:27 PM

He'd have been happier if he'd gotten sent to juvie....

Posted by: Queen of Ass at June 13, 2005 9:32 PM

I read this quote somewhere and had to share:

"Our law system is a joke. Martha goes to jail, priests go to jail and Michael gets off... on kids."

Bwaaaahaaaa!

Posted by: Dooneybug at June 13, 2005 10:19 PM

i don't know if you want to limit it too just Cali... i mean how many other multi-million dollar entertainers/sports stars/etc. have gotten away with murder simply because of who they are?

but, ummm, yeh, i'll be keeping me and my little boy outta that state!

Posted by: monique at June 13, 2005 10:21 PM

OK. I'm so embarassed...BUT we are moving out of California this weekened.

Posted by: jee at June 13, 2005 10:21 PM

This makes me so angry. I have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, and I believe in the system, until something like this happens and it's like WTF?

Posted by: Indigo at June 13, 2005 10:31 PM

No offense taken -- I live only a 45 minute drive from Neverland and everyone I've ever talked to about this case (and believe me, it's all that's talked about around here) says he was guilty, at least on some counts. Not once person who said he wasn't guilty. So I'm not sure what the heck is going on --

Posted by: Jeans Mommy at June 13, 2005 10:51 PM

It is quite scary, just another reason to not raise your family in California.

James

Posted by: Jamie at June 14, 2005 12:14 AM

I've lived here my whole life & I can honestly say -

THE WHOLE STATE'S FRIGGIN' NUTS!!!

*ahem*

Posted by: Jay at June 14, 2005 12:59 AM

I'm with Lucky on this one. Is Michael a fruitbat? Absolutely no question. Do I think he did it? No, I don't. But if Michael *is* a scum-sucking perv -- and just because I don't think he is doesn't he isn't, I've been wrong before, blah blah blah -- he truly has committed the perfect crime because after that trainwreck of a mother as the main witness? Ain't no WAY he's ever going to get prosecuted again.

Seriously, inasmuch as Michael is a fruitbat, what does it say about any parent who would let their kid sleep in the same bed with an adult that was not them? ESPECIALLY when they were on the premises, fer chrissakes. It says the family was more interested in getting what they could out of the guy than the safety of their child. That's obvious.

Posted by: Broad at June 14, 2005 2:39 AM

Rich mans justice, and the jury were a bunch of inbred hicks if ever I saw. Personalities were the basis of this judgement not the evidence, the jury press conference said it all, they were too hung up on running witnesses down, but that is "Good trial strategy", but please no comeback album, or comeback tour, but then again there are those legal bills...

Posted by: andy boy at June 14, 2005 3:15 AM

Yay! I knew there was a reason I was going to California...party time! No consequences for my actions! hahahahaha... :)

Posted by: Zandria at June 14, 2005 9:07 AM

Change my Wacko Wednesdays 'beat it' to Wacko Wednesdays 'get off'-- all still hump related.

Posted by: bmh at June 14, 2005 11:28 AM

Aye carumba. We must be nuts. I was shocked when I heard Wacko'd been set free. How many kids need to come forth and talk about how he molested them before he gets thrown in jail? It disgusts me.

In other completely unrelated things: I haven't been around for awhile, and I noticed you added 'impending fatherhood' to your bio -- so congratulations and valium to you! Kids are the best and hardest thing I've ever done...despite being a native Californian.

Posted by: Kelly McCord at June 14, 2005 11:40 AM

Must be all the liberals out there. :D

Maybe he'll get hit by a truck very, very soon.

Posted by: Jon in Michigan at June 14, 2005 1:19 PM

Nature does has its own justice system... Its called Karma.

Posted by: Cher at June 15, 2005 3:31 PM