June 28, 2005

Well, At Least That's Over

Thanks for all the encouragement today. What happened? Well, it all went okay. I'd be enthusiastic and say "fucking great" but I'm just going to stick with "okay" for now. Picture this though - you walk into a room and there are 15 people staring back at you. They're so senior, you're pretty sure that they can't even see your particular rung on the corporate ladder. Yet you have to talk to them, tell them why they should promote one of your employees. I talked for five minutes and hopefully didn't ramble. Then they asked me questions. Hard ones. I guess I didn't walk into it thinking it was going to be all that trying. But I walked out of there shellshocked. But it went okay...probably better than I think...and I'm cool with that.

Since you asked, here's the suit. And as much as I like the new suit, I think I'm really more of a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll allow my brain to recover a bit. Live to fight another day, and all that crap.

Posted by Chris at June 28, 2005 4:50 PM
Comments

Nice Suit....I'm partial to both looks myself.

Here's hoping it went better than you thought!

Posted by: Kate at June 28, 2005 5:07 PM

aw, wook! chwis is aww gwowed up!

Posted by: alanna at June 28, 2005 5:08 PM

glad it's over for you.

and in case you're wondering... you look just as good in the suit as you do in jeans and a t-shirt. some guys just can't pull it off.

Posted by: monique at June 28, 2005 5:08 PM

looking dapper... let us know if your employee gets the promotion.

Posted by: chlamygirl at June 28, 2005 5:14 PM

oooo... very grown up. luckily, we know the truth.

Posted by: jodi at June 28, 2005 5:16 PM

Since I'm probably as old as some of those "seniors", I can say this and hopefully not embarrass you or myself or either of our families-
I'd buy anything a guy looking like that had to tell me. To prove it, I booked a sitting for a family portrait at a local grocery chain today from an equally-handsome and well-dressed dude about your age, knowing full-well I would be out of town the day of the appointment. Of course I'm not in the habit of doing such things! Was all fun and games, though, until he asked for a deposit to reserve my appointment. Did I see that coming? Sure but it was fun up to that point. I know, naughty, naughty, and all that.
Actually, I'm embarrassed and I'm going to flip a coin to see if this gets posted or not.
Tails. *red face* I lose. Or you win, depending on how you want to look at it.

Posted by: JuJu's Mom at June 28, 2005 5:55 PM

Too hot for the corporate workplace....your wife is a lucky woman.

Posted by: jennifer at June 28, 2005 6:06 PM

God you have a lucky wife! You are a serious hottie! I like the suit but the jeans are best!!

Posted by: zanie at June 28, 2005 6:22 PM

While you are describing this meeting...all I could think of is the horrible 'interviews' those "The Apprentice" finalists have to go on. They always look like they are about to vomit and faint away. YOU didn't look like that, did you?

Posted by: angela marie at June 28, 2005 7:44 PM

Nice suit. I have to don mine once a month here at the board of directors (read: investors) meeting. And I HATE those days. Due to my ankle injury, I've been wearing tennis shoes for the past 3 months, and will have to for another 2 months at least. I may just keep going with the tennies if nobody notices... :)

Glad you're all done with that stuff. Time to go back and let the Bean kicks you some more!

Posted by: Oakley at June 28, 2005 7:47 PM

You got the speak no evil down, but you gotta work on the hear and see. :)

Very nice suit, Beth is a lucky woman!

Posted by: Dooneybug at June 28, 2005 8:42 PM

Well how handsome are you? Love the suit, glad you made your way through the meeting and got out in one piece!

Posted by: Lori at June 28, 2005 9:18 PM

Well don't you clean up nice. :) Glad your meeting went well.

Posted by: A.K. at June 28, 2005 9:36 PM

You do realize you have blog groupies, right? heh heh heh
(BTW, sorry for the Ed Grimley comparison on my post today... but I just couldn't resist! Did anybody else notice it with that pic, or was it just me?)
LJ

P.S. Yes, definitely dashing in the suit!

Posted by: mooalex at June 28, 2005 10:17 PM

Giggle!
See, you make us all proud! : ) Very nice Cactus man! I would give you what you wanted!

Posted by: Gypsy at June 28, 2005 11:49 PM

Swanky! My fave part? Your square-toed shoes. I'm all about the shoes. ;o)

Posted by: ironic1 at June 29, 2005 12:34 AM

Cactus be looking very good! See we all know you are a very good looking man in general, but add an impresive suit and bamo its "hello hot stuff"! Glad the meeting went well, im sure you kicked ass!

Posted by: Dawn at June 29, 2005 1:09 AM

You look very GQ. And also, quite hot. Beth is a lucky lady :)

Posted by: Heather at June 29, 2005 1:32 AM

Now if that suit didn't impress them, nothing will... surely?

Posted by: Amelia at June 29, 2005 4:08 AM

it is the GQ Rude cactus :)

Posted by: stinkerbell at June 29, 2005 5:02 AM

Chris,

Today is a good day in Canadian History.

www.lotsawords.blogspot.com/2005/06/we-are-nation-of-minorities-and-in.html

When are you and Beth gonna move to Canada? You know we rock, at least in a politically socialist kind of way!

Posted by: wn at June 29, 2005 7:59 AM

Well, well, aren't you corporate looking. Nice shoes.

Posted by: Fraulein N at June 29, 2005 8:46 AM

Wow. Look atchu! Love Love Love the blue. My boy refuses to wear that shade because it reminds him of his mechanic days.

Posted by: Krista at June 29, 2005 8:56 AM

You kinda remind me of that guy from the Matrix..the one who kept on saying "Mr. Anderson..." If you have that kinda power, i'm sure you got the promotion for your colleage...pretty snazzy suit, good choice of colors and the square toe shoes!

Posted by: Michelle at June 29, 2005 9:42 AM

nice shoes.

Posted by: autumn at June 29, 2005 11:52 AM

Well, don't you clean up nice ;)

Posted by: Amber at June 30, 2005 8:19 AM

all men look drop dead sexy in a well fitted nice suit. ;) I'd love to see Suisse in one again but I might have to wait until our wedding day :p

Posted by: angel at June 30, 2005 4:18 PM

H-h-h-hot. Sizzzzzzle. :)

Posted by: Zandria at June 30, 2005 5:36 PM

I agree, jeans and tshirt. Me too, I'd rahter wear jeans and a tshirt any day of the week.

Posted by: Indigo at June 30, 2005 8:06 PM

Ooooooh, da Cactus, he be looking HAAWWWWWT!

Very handsome Chris! And WHOOT! Real men wear cufflinks! Love that! And I'm with the rest of the groupies above, love those shoes, fella!

Both looks are great.

Must go work on a nice Native American name for you now........

Posted by: Scarlett Cyn (aka White Girl All Good) at July 1, 2005 6:10 PM