July 3, 2005

Saturday Summary

Yesterday was a busy one! But most importantly, we had the chance to meet Bad Penguin for lunch! Personally, I think she should change her name to Cool Penguin because she didn't strike me as bad in the least. We had a wonderful time. Hopefully I didn't come off as neurotic and creepy.

Afterwards, we hit the local outlet mall (along with all the other Washington area residents) then braved Babies R Us for some vital baby gear. Then it was home...to chill. The musical highlight of the day has to be Pink Floyd's performance at Live 8. Musical history and absolutely freaking incredible.

Posted by Chris at July 3, 2005 8:24 AM
Comments

I hope you didn't come across as neurotic and creepy too, as they are both quite unattractive traits, and possibly rather offputting.

Aren't Pink Floyd awesome? Roger Waters apparently said once they'd reform when hell froze over - no wonder it's so damn cold here tonight. There was a doco on TV here recently about Syd Barrett - sad stuff.

Posted by: DaFFy at July 3, 2005 8:28 AM

You still have need for vital baby gear? I thought that by now you would have everything - except the baby, of course. That should take a bit longer.

Have a great 4th!

Posted by: cassie-b at July 3, 2005 8:56 AM

what outlet mall did you go to? The reaaaaaaaaally big one? Cause that's by my house :)

Posted by: skurdycat at July 3, 2005 9:03 AM

My knee jerked so much during that concert that I bought five songs from iTunes to try and get them some money. I really don't like the plastic bracelets (Hey, I want all cancer to stop, AIDS to be vanquished, peace everywhere, our troops to come home, and domestic violence to stop, as well. I just don't have room on my arms.), but they do donate money for what you buy from them.

And where was Sting? I expected him to be there...

Good to know we had the same post for the weekend. :)

Posted by: alektra at July 3, 2005 10:43 AM

We only had Beyonce here. So we had a cook out and Rita's instead.

Posted by: autumn at July 3, 2005 12:54 PM

Yeah, Pink Floyd was great. I have to admit, I love the song Comfortably Numb but the Scissor Sisters (who was in London too) version. I was a little stunned when they were performing it then realized... OH! It's their song! It was good to hear their other stuff that I didn't even know was theirs. I have no sense of rock history. ;)

Posted by: Carla at July 3, 2005 2:03 PM

I was about worn out by the time Floyd finally played.

If you were neurotic and creepy, you will just build your legend. And if you did, and you have a sister, I'll probably date her.

Damned If I Know

Posted by: R U Serious at July 3, 2005 2:35 PM

I can't believe we missed Pink Floyd! Alas, moving interrupts so many crucial TV moments. We'll have to wait for the Live8 DVD.

Posted by: samantha at July 3, 2005 5:21 PM

Neurotic and creepy are the last words I'd use to describe you -- I had a very nice time.

In fact, I just wrote almost the exact same post as this, plus some extra bits about my house. Wasn't Pink Floyd awesome? And they looked really happy to be on stage together too, which is nice.

Posted by: bad penguin at July 3, 2005 5:26 PM

I was a HUGE Floyd fan before the breakup - the performance at Live 8 was fantastic, they genuinely looked happy to (finally) be playing together, and man, wouldn't it be great if they put the acrimony behind them and recorded and toured again!

Posted by: Jason at July 3, 2005 5:55 PM

That is an exceptionally green wall. Very nice. I hate malls. Checked out Bad Penguin's site- thanks for another great link!

Posted by: Vicki Bennett at July 3, 2005 10:57 PM

that wall needs some gum stuck to it. ever been to san luis obispo in california? they have a whole alley filled with people's already-been-chewed gum.

Posted by: tj at July 3, 2005 11:33 PM

Nooooo! I can't believe I missed Pink Floyd!! Damn. Damn. That's what happens for not reading or watching any news whatsoever in a week. I'll never let it happen again. :(

Posted by: ava at July 4, 2005 6:42 PM

where is it you are located?? what state??

Posted by: soniclibra at July 11, 2005 8:22 PM