August 8, 2005

Back At Work: 10 Observations

Well, I'm back at work.

The Good:
1. I won't be required to do a lot of laundry here at work.
2. Today's my first day in my shiny new window office.
3. I've dealt with a whiny baby. I should be able to handle whiny co-workers. 4. As long as I don't have to change their diapers.
5. My coworkers won't spit up on me...hopefully.

The Bad:
1. Well, come on - it's work. They call it that for a reason.
2. People are going to expect me to know what I'm talking about.
3. I haven't yet been able to locate the HR form on the company's intranet which allows me to stay at home, completely forget about work yet still get paid.
4. My shiny, new window office? Piled high with my completely unorganized shit.
5. Neither Beth nor Mia are here.

Posted by Chris at August 8, 2005 8:53 AM
Comments

LOL - I'm still looking for that HR form too. Though lately? I don't want to stay home with Sierra - she's colicky :(

Posted by: Marie at August 8, 2005 9:00 AM

At least you have us!!! :-)

Posted by: carrster at August 8, 2005 9:00 AM

What a day for me too..
GOOD: 1. There are donuts and coffee.
(that's all i could come up with)
BAD:
1. It's Monday and only 9:00am.
2. The stitching came undone from my side zipper on my pants and now there is a gaping hole.
3. I have to do work.
4. It's now only 9:01am.

ARGH.

Posted by: Michelle at August 8, 2005 9:01 AM

Try to have a good day anyway. Congrats, and my sympathy for the first day back to work. Besides you can brag about Mia and Beth.

Posted by: Angelia at August 8, 2005 9:01 AM

I feel you this morning - I had no less than 14 voice messages and at least that many e-mails.

Don't people realize I don't work on weekends.

Posted by: Lee at August 8, 2005 9:07 AM

hook up a web cam and you will have Mia and Beth with you all day. :) Hugs and enjoy your day.

Hugs, Zissy

Posted by: Zissy at August 8, 2005 9:21 AM

Let me know when you find that form. Because boy would that be nice...

Posted by: ~L. at August 8, 2005 9:29 AM

*pout* Sorry you can't be at home with the baby and mama... just remind yourself you're bringing home the bacon. :)

Posted by: Corinne at August 8, 2005 9:42 AM

Sorry to hear you had to go back to work. Just think how happy your girls will be to see you at the end of the day. (Seriously, how much work do you think you'll actually do today? Between unpacking the new office and showing off baby pictures to all of your coworkeers.)

Posted by: Krush at August 8, 2005 10:12 AM

Here's what you do...
Spend a couple hundred dollars on some of those scratch tickets that if you win you get $1000 a week for the next 25 years... make sure you buy at least one winning ticket and voila, no more work! ;)

Posted by: Erin at August 8, 2005 10:26 AM

Yup. Work sucks. I've been working at the army band office the last couple weeks. I get to bring my baby with me, though. :-)

Posted by: Ginny at August 8, 2005 10:43 AM

Take it easy getting back into the routine. I'm sure it will be hard to be away from the girls at first!

Posted by: Dooneybug at August 8, 2005 10:44 AM

Aww, I liked the last part. If I worked there, I'd probably spit up on you just so you'd be able to take it off "The Good" side.

The form that allows you to stay at home and still get paid is called the NTGONAHPN and can be found on our website at http://incanadayoucouldtakeayearoff.com happy hunting!

Posted by: Grace at August 8, 2005 11:27 AM

The webcam thing is a great idea.
Congratulations on the new office :)

Posted by: ava at August 8, 2005 11:48 AM

Ya know, I haven't even found a job that HAS the HR form yet! Lemme know when you find it, will ya? Email one my way!

Posted by: Queen of Ass at August 8, 2005 12:30 PM

Just think of how great it'll be to walk in the front door tonight :)

My day so far has consisted of checking blogs, answering emails from my friends, and staring blankly out the front windows. hehe

Posted by: Rhonda at August 8, 2005 12:45 PM

Coming back to work after time off sucks. Hope it all goes well. And just think, once you move the junk, you have a window to look out:)

Posted by: Adi at August 8, 2005 1:03 PM

again, i cannot feel sympathy for those who have an office, with a door. that shuts. shuts out the incessant chatter from the two übergeeks who sit behind you.

Posted by: jodi at August 8, 2005 1:22 PM

I start my new job next week and I am so excited and nervous. I probably won't have a window though, but maybe someday I'll get one of those shiny new promotion thingys and get that all set up. Definitely get the web cam...as much for Beth as for you.

Posted by: Amy at August 8, 2005 2:42 PM

I think you'll find dealing with a whiny baby far more pleasurable than dealing with a bunch of whiny adults --- at least the baby has a valid excuse having no other real verbal skills as yet (not to mention the cutes to back it up!)

a window, eh? you must be really important now =)

Posted by: Kathryn at August 8, 2005 2:58 PM

yeah, thats icky, i wish you coulda had more days to stay home...bein a grown up stinks sometimes, lol!

Posted by: lizabetty at August 8, 2005 3:20 PM

Congrats on the window office, even if it does look like hell right now.

Posted by: Fraulein N at August 8, 2005 3:56 PM

The work day is almost over, so that's a good thing!

Posted by: lucy at August 8, 2005 3:57 PM

I miss my window office. I printed out an 8x11 of the view and posted it behind my monitor. Ah. Almost like old times.

Use the webcam for work. Set up a broadcast station at the office. Go stand on the X and talk to the camera to get in touch with the Cactus. Hehehehe.
It'd ALMOST be like being there, but not. :)

Posted by: Oakley at August 8, 2005 5:00 PM

I keep meaning to send this to the both of you. Don't worry, it's just some parental wisdom from my brother.

Posted by: at August 8, 2005 5:07 PM

Totally forgot to fill in the little name box when I made that comment. Sorry, 8 months pregnant, you know...

Posted by: shannon at August 8, 2005 5:08 PM

welcome back....

TO HELLLL!!!

;)

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at August 8, 2005 7:48 PM

i'm sure you'd much rather be at home changing diapers :) sorry to see you're back at work!

Posted by: tiffanie at August 8, 2005 10:44 PM

Hi Chris! I havent checked your blog for..oh it must be 3 weeks and now you have a baby! Congrats to you and Beth on your lovely little baby.I will be keeping in touch more often now.

Posted by: butterflies at August 8, 2005 11:10 PM

Yay! Congrats on the new office. Good luck with the clean-up...I have to say, it's quite a chore. :)

Posted by: Zandria at August 8, 2005 11:57 PM

I love The Bad #5...
I SO LOVE a man in love!

Cool on the window office...bad on the shit piled up!

Posted by: Gypsy at August 9, 2005 12:21 AM

a melancholy day....uggghhhhh

"the worse day folding laundry and staring at the baby is better than the best day at work"

Posted by: beautiful face at August 9, 2005 1:03 AM

"4. As long as I don't have to change their diapers." ROTFLOL! :))

Here, new fathers get 2 days paid leave and mothers at least 16 weeks. What does Beth get from work?

I'm sorry you have to miss your loved ones today!

Posted by: Sweety at August 9, 2005 6:16 AM

I was kinda expec ting there to be an "ugly". ;) Lucky for you, you seem to mostly like your job.

Posted by: Heather at August 9, 2005 6:19 AM

Btw, congrats on the shiny new office.

Posted by: Heather at August 9, 2005 6:19 AM

Hell, I'm HR. I'll give you a special dispensation. You need have no form. Stay home. Play with the baby. Of course, I can't do anything about holding the job for you. ;)

Posted by: hr mommy at August 9, 2005 6:43 AM

Have fun (ha, yeah right!) getting back to work. I think you should plaster tons of pictures of Mia and Beth in your office. That way they're sort of there with you, and it'll scare off stupid co-workers. ;)

Posted by: Kitty at August 9, 2005 9:04 AM

If you want to buy a car, you would have to receive the business loans. Furthermore, my brother commonly takes a commercial loan, which occurs to be the most reliable.

Posted by: KERRYJames at March 31, 2010 8:28 AM