August 15, 2005

Breaking News!

I'm just sitting here watching the local news and, in reference to the Greek plane crash, they reported (and I'm not making this up here, I swear)...

"To update you on the tragic plane crash in Greece that killed everyone aboard, there are several theories emerging about the causes of the crash. One theory is that there was a problem on the plane."

Ya think?

Posted by Chris at August 15, 2005 6:15 PM
Comments

Oh my gosh...

Posted by: Dana at August 15, 2005 6:20 PM

Who was the reporter? Ron Burgundy?

Reminds me of a bit that just ran here in San Diego, in which the reporter stated with a straight face:

"People could only exit the house from the inside."

Posted by: Jason at August 15, 2005 6:23 PM

dear lord...

Posted by: Tricia at August 15, 2005 6:23 PM

well, there is always that evil alien monkeys on the wings, throwing off the aerodynamics, theory.

Posted by: jodi at August 15, 2005 6:23 PM

ROFL

Posted by: Angelia at August 15, 2005 6:31 PM

Crickets.

Were they drinking before the news? Can you tell me who that was????

Posted by: Sue at August 15, 2005 6:42 PM

*LOUD sighs and exagerated eye rolls*

Some reporters are too smart for their own good.

Posted by: myllissa at August 15, 2005 6:56 PM

You have got to love the local news shows around here. I watch the Fox station just so I can get a good laugh.

Posted by: Nicole at August 15, 2005 6:59 PM

Do you think the person who wrote that news actually got a degree before they were hired?

Posted by: Daria at August 15, 2005 7:26 PM

yeah...dumb...

Still...a tragedy. I can't remember how many "under 16s" there were on the plane... but one four year old...

Posted by: Snidget at August 15, 2005 7:29 PM

That is some in-depth reporting. Pulitzer material... wish I'd written that. really. Now as if working in PR for Air Traffic controllers for 5 years wasn't enough to put the fear of flying in me, now I'm worried about the cabin depressurizing and freezing to death.

In all seriousness, and as a parent, I really feel for the parents of all those kids heading off to camp. Something to be said for big yellow school buses I guess...

Nat.

Posted by: Nat at August 15, 2005 7:45 PM

another theory is that the pilots were drunk as skunks and thought they were playing with flight simulators.

but we'll go with a 'problem with the plane'.

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at August 15, 2005 9:19 PM

BluePoppy's tag sent me over here, as she tagged me too. Your posts make me smile and I've been female-heavy on the blog reading lately. Nice to find a funny guy to read!

Posted by: Heather at August 15, 2005 9:30 PM

Aren't you glad they said that on the news? because seriously, if they hadn't, I don't think we could have figured out there was a problem on the plane...THANKYOU NEWS FOR KEEPING ME INFORMED....sheesh!! :-)

Posted by: Nina at August 15, 2005 9:44 PM

Well, remember some birds took out one of our AF jets some years ago... Maybe he wanted ya'll to know that possibility was ruled out??? Just giving the benefit of the doubt, or playing devils advocate.

Posted by: Theresa at August 15, 2005 10:04 PM

Gasp...I suppose the teleprompter broke or burped!

I am never going on a plane EVER again! If I wasn't paranoid before asking the pilots if they were happy, if they had a great time and recently got laid, I have to worry about the pressure in the plane!

Posted by: Gypsy at August 15, 2005 11:29 PM

(hi chris...this is beautiful face...with my alter-ego in recovery)

I just love the line "ya think" and the look that goes with it. Take a picture with that look next time!

okay?

Posted by: bellacara at August 16, 2005 12:46 AM

Um, wow...I bet that sent shockwaves around the world. You think now they may go over previous plane crashes with that new theory? That could shed the light on a lot of crashes...what'd ya think?

Posted by: Kate at August 16, 2005 1:48 AM

Hey, let's remember reporting the news isn't exactly brain surgery -though several of the anchors are probably candidates for it. LOL

We can barely get a news report here in FL that isn't obsessed with hurricanes -even when there aren't any on the horizon, or even when they're nowhere near us, e.g. the one that hit Mexico.

Posted by: hr mommy at August 16, 2005 6:40 AM

yes, yes. quite funny indeed, but pray tell, how will this affect me?? because as we all know, nothing happens anywhere in the world without it having a direct impact on our lives here in the US.

blah.

Posted by: pea at August 16, 2005 8:23 AM

Okay, so it's just not me who hears this stuff.

Example: Weather Channel on Sunday, reporting on the riptides and rough surf in North Carolina..."Poor swimmers should stay out of the water in North Carolina"

Posted by: Amy at August 16, 2005 9:44 AM

aren't the DC area reporters top notch? i tell ya, i don't know what i would do without their intelligent and stimulating news reports.

LOL.... damn, i was trying to keep a straight face...

Posted by: Judy at August 16, 2005 11:42 AM

Love Love LOVE the stupid newscasters!

Posted by: HipMamaB at August 16, 2005 12:32 PM

must be related to the rocket scientist who said this:

"It's very clear that something went wrong, probably on the mechanical side, ..." David Hahn, President of BC Ferries

when a BC Ferry "missed" the terminal and crashed into a marina

Like, DUH

Posted by: Kathryn at August 16, 2005 3:40 PM

Frightening... I have issues with the news people, not so fond of them ;)

Posted by: Chrissie at August 17, 2005 8:36 AM

But, don't you think this added to it?

'Our conclusion is they had circulation and were breathing at the time of death'

Maybe it's just me, but if I have circulation and am breathing at the time of death, please, please don't start the autopsy.

Posted by: wlfldy at August 17, 2005 8:43 AM