September 7, 2005

Fasten Your Rattles

My wife just put Mia in her swing. I was sitting here listening to her and she started to recite the in-flight safety lecture you normally get on a plane. To Mia. About the swing. It was just about the cutest thing ever.

Oh, and FYI, cats don't particularly like to wear wrist rattles.

Posted by Chris at September 7, 2005 5:15 PM
Comments

Can you write down the in-flight lecture? I would love to hear what she said!

Posted by: jen at September 7, 2005 5:19 PM

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one that tests the patience of my cat.

Posted by: wendy at September 7, 2005 5:21 PM

Oh, there are lots of things cats don't like to wear. For example, bottle caps on their head. Yes, we have done that!

Posted by: Stephanie at September 7, 2005 5:23 PM

but it looks so cute on the kitty. and isn't better to look good than to feel good?

Posted by: jodi at September 7, 2005 5:24 PM

But does she do it in french like kate hudson in Almost Famous (see how I can bring an almost famous scene into nearly anything???)

Posted by: Amy at September 7, 2005 5:28 PM

Did it include instructions for the vomit bag? And just curious, do those new swings come standard with oxygen masks in case of sudden drops in cabin pressure? Just curious... you know, as a mom-to-be

Posted by: Corinne at September 7, 2005 5:37 PM

You really should send some pictures of your cats to these people: http://www.stuffonmycat.com/

They'd get on there for sure.

Posted by: Veronica at September 7, 2005 5:52 PM

Chris. With all due respect sir, this is where you and I part ways. I am not a 'cat' person. I am a dog person. Actually, I'm a frustrated dog person because I don't have one of my own. The wrist rattle on the cat was priceless. If you could put two of them on the cat it would be even BETTER: One tying the front paws together, the second...( I know, you're already there.)

A cat, hog tied with wrist rattles, could "sit in" with the percussion section of Santana's band! YeeAhh! NOW CATS RAWK DEWD!

Blog on,
Sam

Posted by: Sam at September 7, 2005 7:28 PM

That is just too cute for words... both Beth's in-flight safety lecture and the cat with the wrist rattles :)

Posted by: ava at September 7, 2005 8:05 PM

omg....that is adorable...but yeah, i can imagine the cat NOT liking that!! i had to take the bells off my cats collars cuz they HATED them.

did mia like the swing??

Posted by: lizabetty at September 7, 2005 8:19 PM

Have a cat, love cats...but LMAO @ Sam's comment!!!

Posted by: Hazel at September 7, 2005 8:32 PM

Cats also hate having paper towels taped to their tales. Just sayin'.

Posted by: Spring at September 7, 2005 8:33 PM

they also don't like having stickers put on their backs FYI... ;)

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at September 7, 2005 9:15 PM

Ooh, I tried the sticker-on-the-cat's-back thing when I was little. And I wondered why she always tried to attack me! Cats are fun to mess around with.

Posted by: supine at September 7, 2005 9:18 PM

Did the cat tell you that it didn't like to wear the wrist rattle? My childhood cat loved to wear doll clothing and sit in my doll stroller.

Posted by: Marie at September 7, 2005 9:37 PM

Sweet. My dog is not fond of them either...;)

Posted by: beanhead at September 7, 2005 9:46 PM

heeheehee....i hope mia paid close attention to that safety lecture ;)

Posted by: suze at September 7, 2005 10:27 PM

the amount of adorable in this post is almost too much.

i said "almost".

Posted by: alektra at September 8, 2005 6:21 AM

In my experience, babies don't really like to wear them either. Before my daughter had any motor skills whatsoever, she still was able to squirm her way out of those rattles. She hated 'em!

Was Mia careful to keep her hands and arms inside the swing at all times? That's important, too.

Posted by: Julie at September 8, 2005 9:27 AM

ROFLMAO!! Ohhh that Picture!.. Poor Kitty, LOLOL!!

Posted by: Tammy at September 8, 2005 10:18 AM

Oh! I forgot about the wrist rattles. Gi has a set for her wrists and ankles - now that she's "arrived" as your lovely wife put it, I should try them. Aren't these smiles the most rewarding thing, ever?

Posted by: shannon at September 8, 2005 2:01 PM

poor kitty..heh heh ;)

Posted by: laura at September 8, 2005 4:44 PM

Awww...you big meanie! LOL. Poor kitty.

I took to wearing bells this weekend too. I have these anklets my "aunty" made for me with little bells on them. I haven't worn them for a long time. Brandon said it felt like having a cat in the apartment hearing the jingling. Well, for us apartment dwellers on a budget, that is as good as we could get to having a kitty. :)

Posted by: Oakley at September 8, 2005 4:47 PM

I said it before- the cat really falls off her pedestal once the baby arrives. :-)

Posted by: Vicki at September 8, 2005 6:11 PM