September 16, 2005

Where I'm Not

Work!

After the past four days, I'm beat. And, due to a slight hiccup with a particular project, there's nothing I can do until next week anyway. So I'm at home with my girls. Oh, and the contractor who finally showed up to finish all the work that was started before Mia arrived. It's kinda funny - Mia has just about as many teeth as the contractor. So, my girls and the toothless contractor.

Happy Friday everyone.

Posted by Chris at September 16, 2005 7:33 AM
Comments

aw. that sucks all around. the way i look at it is, i'd spend millions of dollars on a new house before i'd hire a contractor to do a grand worth of work. they're pretty much all scary.

Posted by: misifoota at September 16, 2005 7:38 AM

I love contractors at the moment because our new home is nearly finished. Although I have to say, most of them seem to have lots of teeth.

Posted by: DaFFy at September 16, 2005 7:41 AM

Enjoy your girls and the contractor's WORK... and the fact that you're not at YOUR work!

Posted by: ironic1 at September 16, 2005 7:42 AM

every single time you post that you're working from home i wish i had a job that allowed that. then again, i'd probably not get a single thing done so maybe it's for the best.

regardless, i hope friday treats you well.

Posted by: pea at September 16, 2005 7:58 AM

So what do you all have for lunch when two of you don't have teeth?

Posted by: Betty at September 16, 2005 8:06 AM

Happy friday backatcha! I wish you sleeping through the night for you and your girls.

Posted by: That Girl at September 16, 2005 8:10 AM

I hope you and your girls have a nice weekend. It sounds like you could use a little break from the stresses of the job.

Cas

Posted by: cassie-b at September 16, 2005 8:55 AM

Happy Friday. Wish I was there. Well my home not your home. I don't think you'd appreciate my lazy butt camped out on your couch all day. So enjoy your day off, your girls AND your toothless contractor.

Posted by: Shawntay at September 16, 2005 8:56 AM

You look MAH-velous in sepia tone!

Here's to you, your wife, your daughter and gumby.

Blog on!
Sam

Posted by: Sam at September 16, 2005 9:39 AM

Have fun working from home. I'm jelous, I wish I could work at home, but then I wouldn't do anything, so it is probably good that I have to come to work to work.

Posted by: Adi at September 16, 2005 10:21 AM

give that girl a hammer and put her to work!

Posted by: jodi at September 16, 2005 10:55 AM

stop your bitchin'. you could be at work with the annoying passive-aggressive condescending idiot savant who's always telling you to turn your music down "please" or having her friends stop by and forget to answer the door when they knock because they don't have security clearance to get into the area and they persistently knock until you answer it and you feel like some lame ass bellboy and there's no tip and not even a thank you, just a look of anger since you didn't jump up right away and then the passive-aggressive co-worker finally gets off her ass and thanks for you for opening the door in a tone that would mistaken her for the queen of england and you're her lowly servant and you spend the rest of the day wondering what it would be like to trip her.

Posted by: Grace at September 16, 2005 11:29 AM

Well, just make sure Mia's diaper stays up, and then you'll at least only have one plumber-butt in the house. At least, that's how ALL those guys are around here- I think it's some kind of requirement for certification.

Have fun with your girls. Those were always good days when we got them.

Posted by: Bonanza Jellybean at September 16, 2005 11:44 AM

Heheh " Mia has just about as many teeth as the contractor" :))

I hope you get some rest & feel better...

Posted by: Sweety at September 16, 2005 12:34 PM

I saw these on flickr before I was out here reading the post and I like to take a guess at what the series are all about... So I'm looking at them and for some reason I had in my mind "Chris was changing stinky Mia diapers here." LOL! Hard times at work/diapers... yeah, it fits.

Posted by: Keri at September 16, 2005 12:48 PM

Get some rest!
At least you get to spend the day with your girls. That's nice. :)

Posted by: Kitty at September 16, 2005 12:50 PM

Well, at least you're home. My plan is to leave early, pick Munchkin up from school, and start the damn weekend already!

Posted by: Queen of Ass at September 16, 2005 1:02 PM

Never a good thing when your contractor asks you to "squeal like a pig."

Posted by: Jason at September 16, 2005 3:01 PM

"your girls"

How precious.

Posted by: Y at September 16, 2005 4:03 PM

Happy Friday to you too! I got to stay home on this Friday as well. We are totally the stay at home Friday twins...Friday Twin Power Activate! Shape of a slacker....Form of a giant cup of coffee! AHAHAHA! But my reason was because Kai was sickie...EW! But you know, if that's the sacrifice she has to make for her Mom then I think it should be made. :) Hope you and the girls have a lovely weekend, sans the toothless guy!

Posted by: Kate at September 16, 2005 6:34 PM

Since it is kind of toward the end of Friday, I will wish you a happy weekend instead of happy Friday. Glad you got to spend a day at home with your girls (and your toothless contractor). Did he ever get the confusion with the locks sorted out?

Posted by: bad penguin at September 16, 2005 7:21 PM

Happy Weekend! :)

Posted by: chepooka at September 16, 2005 10:49 PM

I wasn't at work today, either --- YIPPEE!! However, I will have to return the way-to-expensive piece of cashmere I bought while not at work 'cuz I was all too caught up in the lady of leisure moment at Banana Republic =(

Bon weekend, mon ami!