October 24, 2005

Ears, and The Slow Progression of Geology

I know you're all wondering. And the answer is yes. Of course I tried it on. Remember me? The same guy who put Eeyore and an iPod box on his head? You didn't think I'd pass up an opportunity like this, right?

I have to go get trained this morning. Trained on what, you ask? It would bore you within an inch of your life if I tried to explain. So I won't. Just trust me. It won't be fun. Neither will the commute. Its cold and rainy outside and, despite wishing, Maryland isn't going to get any closer.

Me: Do you think Maryland might somehow get a few miles closer overnight?
Her: I doubt it.
Me: Some tectonic shift on the as yet undiscovered Mason Dixon Plate, or something?
Her: I really don't think so. And if, for some reason, it did get closer, I have the feeling your training would be cancelled anyway.
Me: True.

Posted by Chris at October 24, 2005 8:50 PM
Comments

oh you know how i love it when you put things on your head and take pictures! it's my favorite.

Posted by: jodi at October 25, 2005 7:18 AM

It looks good on you *grin*

Oh so, what you are saying is that we are too stupid to understand what you are getting trained for, huh? Yep, sure, I understand *sniffles* I hope your ears whap you in the face.

Don't mind me, I haven't had my coffee yet *slinks off to make coffee* =)

Posted by: Lauren at October 25, 2005 7:20 AM

Be careful driving with that on. Look over your shoulder too quick and "whap"... there goes an eye.

Posted by: zeno at October 25, 2005 7:41 AM

Wow. On a quick glimpse, you reminded me of a little boy that I used to care for while working at a daycare center. He was, uhm, a handful. Cute as pie though which sometimes helped but not always in terms of getting out of trouble. Geez. He'd be about 20 now. I'm so old! anyway. I drive into MD every day and it's not so bad. Really, you'll see. Hush. That's my story and I'm sticking with it as the saying goes.

Posted by: pea at October 25, 2005 7:57 AM

These are not the kind of days to go to work and sit in crummy meetings. These are the days to sit at home with a fire going and snuggling.

Can you get paid for that?

Posted by: angela marie at October 25, 2005 8:15 AM

You can tell people those ears are part of mandatory training and if anyone laughs, they're fired.

Posted by: Michelle at October 25, 2005 8:35 AM

How did I know you would try that on? I am willing to bet there'a a lot of laughter in your house...nice, isn't it?

Posted by: Theresa at October 25, 2005 8:40 AM

Well, you may THINK this gets you off the hook for the whole costuming up with the Mia on Halloween... We're still waiting for the match set, though. And Mia will be too when she grows up. She'll be wanting to see THOSE photos. ;)

Posted by: Keri at October 25, 2005 8:45 AM

It's almost too bad - Maryland being closer AND your training being canceled sounds like one heck of a win-win situation.

Posted by: Dawnie at October 25, 2005 8:54 AM

The Mason-Dixon tectonic plate, bwa-ha-ha!

Posted by: Alison at October 25, 2005 9:25 AM

HA HA HA!!!!! You look wonderful darlink!

Posted by: Tammy at October 25, 2005 9:33 AM

What about the REST of the costume?

Posted by: Queen of Ass at October 25, 2005 9:53 AM

HA! ;)

Posted by: VirgoJen at October 25, 2005 10:00 AM

it is a little known fact that the "mason-dixon plate" is what my grandmother serves the thanksgiving turkey on.

Posted by: monique at October 25, 2005 10:02 AM

DUDE! That is scary!!

Dew

Posted by: dewnut at October 25, 2005 10:07 AM

Seriously people don't understand the sheer distance between Maryland and Virginia. It may seem close and cool and all convenient and shit, but really if you lived here, you wouldn't want to go between the two places. You stay in your own hood, you don't cross the other side of the tracks. This is why there's a mall in Bethesda and one in Virginia.

Posted by: Heather B. at October 25, 2005 11:11 AM

Wow. You look hott!

Will not say anything about tetonic plate shuffling since it may wake the sleeping giant underneath me and, let's face it, this office will crumble like a stack of cards in the pyramid form in the middle of a strong breeze.

Posted by: Grace at October 25, 2005 11:13 AM

Two flavors of "eep":
eep - nice hat! (Ooooooh Mia will be so ticked with you for stealing her thunder)
eep - better load up your iPod with hyper music for the long drive.

Posted by: Betti at October 25, 2005 11:47 AM

Hi there,
YOU MADE MY DAY by reading my blog! Because you? You are an INTERNET ROCK STAR. Like Dooce. Like Amalah. Like Zoot.

I've been reading you since before your wife found out she was pregnant. (So about a year or so....) And its always entertaining.

So thank you, thank you, thank you for spending a few minutes to check out my blog.

Oh and I laughed so loud on your Friday's post, I ended up waking my child.

Take care,
Lisa B.

Posted by: Motherofbun at October 25, 2005 12:09 PM

Just don't stretch out Mia's things when she's a teenager and screaming furiously for you to not shove her cute little shoe on your BIG GIANT WIDE FOOT. Because it's just not as cute as you might think.

Not that my dad did that or anything...heh

Posted by: Rhonda at October 25, 2005 12:27 PM

Somehow it just doesn't look as cute on you. But it may be a good defense when she sues you, you can plead insanity now! :-)

Posted by: Jeff A at October 25, 2005 12:39 PM

That is so ha-worthy. Whenever my husband makes a funny like that, I have to do a double-take to make sure he meant it as a joke, or was being serious.

Posted by: melati at October 25, 2005 1:10 PM

You know I'm SO not surprised by this--I've come to expect this from you. LOL

I think you should have put on the whole outfit and then drove the car. Mia would really love Daddy if he were a living and breathing Eeyore!

Posted by: Michele at October 25, 2005 1:11 PM

Made me smile on a day with too little sleep the night before! And yeah, training in anything sucks.

Posted by: Heather at October 25, 2005 1:16 PM

Hm. An abundance of Heathers. Odd.
Now, Chris, what do you think you could do that *would* actually defy our expectations? Because as charming as the pink floppy ears are, judging on the previous comments, we all saw it coming ;)

Posted by: Heather at October 25, 2005 1:26 PM

Something tells me I should be glad the trunk is attached to the cute little head thing.

Really.

Posted by: Kellie at October 25, 2005 1:30 PM

I have to echo Motherbun's sentiments about the whole reading our personal journals... how much that means as you are an Internet Giant. I've often thought along those lines, but wasn't sure how to say it - but hers was perfect!

Anyway. Some people have weird fetishes; like licking toes (or something yucky like that), playing with locks (*cough*), etc. So I guess your fetish of putting random things on your head isn't *that* weird. And at least it's inadvertently providing leverage for your daughter when she becomes a teenager and y'all are threatening to expose her more embarassing baby pictures to potential boyfriends. She can say, "Oh yeah? Well, I was just a baby... what's your excuse dad??"

Way to go!! :)

Posted by: Amber at October 25, 2005 2:41 PM

We wives are so quick to rain on your parades, aren't we? :)

Posted by: Bonanza Jellybean at October 25, 2005 3:28 PM

Let me just say, I've also gone for that training for that male stripper job, and I don't think it fully prepared me for the actual on-job hassles of women grabbing me and screaming for me to "take it off."

Posted by: Neil at October 25, 2005 5:08 PM

lol - I have to say, you both look adorable... :)

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at October 25, 2005 8:57 PM

OMG, too cute for words! (both you and Mia)

Posted by: Niki at October 25, 2005 11:29 PM

Just as cute as the little princess! :)

What it it with guys and putting things on their heads? My boyfriend can't walk past a hat without trying it on, he puts stuffed animals on his head (especially funny: squids!), pillow cases with or without pillows in them... a.s.o. :D

Posted by: nina at October 26, 2005 8:14 AM

Almost as cute as Mia. And on the subject, Oh dear God in Heaven!! I just want to hug her to me and run like the wind!

Oh, she is so adorable!!

Posted by: zanie at October 26, 2005 11:53 AM

Why am I not surprised? Haha. Only slightly less adorable than on Mia.

Posted by: Christina at October 26, 2005 1:23 PM

I'm apparently behind at commenting, but...

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE.

Posted by: Zandria at October 28, 2005 11:41 PM

I REALLY have to get by more often! YOU are adorable!

Posted by: Gypsy at October 29, 2005 2:50 AM