November 19, 2005

A Meme for Saturday

The lovely Fraulein tagged me memewise. So here it is...and it's a painful one to think about on a weekend.

Do you use an alarm clock to wake up in the morning?
Yes. I'd wake up without it (I think) but I wouldn't want to take the risk.

What time do you set it for?
Freakin' early o'clock. Five something, to be exact. Only, that's RCBST (Rude Cactus Bedroom Standard Time), which is approximately 12 minutes faster than the rest of the house and, consequently, the world.

Do you hit the snooze button? If so how many times?
Yes. Everydamnday. But I only hit it once. I mean, you really wouldn't want to hear that annoying noise any more than is absolutely necessary.

Have you ever abused an alarm clock?
Of course. I recall one time in high school dragging a non-functional alarm clock and beating the ever-loving shit out of it just to put a little fear into the hearts of alarm clocks everywhere. Kinda like Office Space. It didn't work. Since then, I've been kind to my clocks in the hopes that they might one day cut me some slack.

It's time to spread some Blogcess linky love:
Anyone out there? You know you wanna.

Posted by Chris at November 19, 2005 4:06 PM
Comments

Hehe, that's funny... I also have MAJOR issues with alarm clocks. As in, I've only ever found one that will pull me out of the deep depths of slumber I reach. I hate waking up in the morning :(.

And holy crap, I think I'm the first one to comment this time. It's a history-making day, people! :) (kidding... really).

Posted by: Amber at November 19, 2005 4:11 PM

Explain to me why an AOL money and finance pop-up window showed up on my screen when I came here....*taps foot* You totally sold out to the Man, didn't you? All this liberal spewage you keep posting is to throw us off your scent!

j/k

I have become so bad about alarm clocks. I have to use to two. I hate them both.

Posted by: Rhonda at November 19, 2005 4:16 PM

Do you use an alarm clock to wake up in the morning?
Hell no. I get up when I damn well please, which is usually about the time regular folks' tummies are growling for lunch.

What time do you set it for?
On the rare occasion I use one, I have a hard enough time sleeping....just knowing that it's there...ticking it's ass off counting the seconds of my sleep away.

Do you hit the snooze button? If so how many times?
Oh yeah...many many times. And since it's usually early when I need an alarm clock, I give myself a whopping 13 minutes
to get ready and get out the door. I am rarely late and always forget something like brushing my hair.

Have you ever abused an alarm clock?
Isn't it enough that I would awake early and abuse everyone I come in contact with with my abominable morning-presence.NO, the poor little alarm clock has escaped so far. But in the unlikely event that I must use one for extended periods of time, abuse is certain.

Posted by: Geezitron at November 19, 2005 4:40 PM

Mmmmm...got up at 1:17 PM today! Alarm clock? No.

Posted by: Jaycie at November 19, 2005 4:53 PM

I am up to hitting that snooze button three times a day now. I don't know how I got so bad.

Posted by: Jenn at November 19, 2005 5:34 PM

when i hit the snooze button, i hit it as many times as i can, before it just quits alarming. often, i just sleep through the whole thing, and wake up when the music switches off.

Posted by: jodi at November 19, 2005 5:45 PM

It's the thing I miss most about working nights, or even evenings - waking up on my own, whenever I freaking wake up. But working this pesky day shift, nooooo... gotta use the alarm clock. Hate it.

But hey! You've supplied me with blog fodder. Some day people will write songs about you, man. :)

Posted by: Iki at November 19, 2005 8:26 PM

I think i'm secretly a mascochist. I've been known to hit the snooze for hours.

Posted by: Bethany at November 19, 2005 9:05 PM

I am NOT lying, my husband hits snooze 4 times every.single.morning. Sometimes I lie to him and say "honey, you've already hit it three times, aren't you counting?" Unfortunately he's figured out just what time it is after hitting snooze 4 times (he's a math genious damnit) so he has to be really out of it to fall for that trick.

Posted by: Incredimom at November 19, 2005 10:29 PM

alarm clocks. yuck. unfortunately, i always end up waking up just minutes before it is about to go off. the bad part is that i miss a few good minutes of sleeping time...but on the other hand i don't have to hear the god awaful BEEEP BEEEEP of the damn thing. i never hit snooze. it's pointless for me. after the alarm goes off, i can't fall back asleep right away...especially if i know it will be going back off in a few minutes. no good. dave, on the other hand, has the loudest, most annoying alarm clock in the world, and he hits snooze many times. luckily i'm usually up before him so i miss it. he's such a heavy sleeper, he's only ever found one alarm clock that will wake him up...and he has to put it across the room otherwise he won't remember shutting it off and he'll sleepwalk right back into the bed.

ok, that was a long response. i guess it makes up for the fact i haven't commented lately, huh? :)

Posted by: tiffanie at November 20, 2005 12:34 AM

Do you use an alarm clock to wake up in the morning?
I set one but I don't always use it. Most of the time I get up either half an hour to ten minutes before it goes off.

What time do you set it for?
7:00 am, my clock is also set fast (by 10 minutes).

Do you hit the snooze button? If so how many times?
Nope

Have you ever abused an alarm clock?
No but I did abuse my brothers nose that I mistook for an alarm clock once. He had spent the night on my bedroom floor and when the alarm clock went off he sat up just as I was reaching to turn it off lol.

Posted by: dragonlady474 at November 20, 2005 12:40 AM

Um, thanks but no thanks there Chris...I actually don't wanna :)

It was fun reading yours though and picturing you pummeling a poor defenseless teller of time. That made for a great Sunday morning visual.

Posted by: Kate at November 20, 2005 11:29 AM

the sound of an alarm clock HAS to be the theme song in hell....

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at November 20, 2005 6:34 PM

I have been known to snooze for over an hour...bad...very bad...

Posted by: Amy at November 20, 2005 11:33 PM

Alarm clock, oh you mean that thing that I load a cd into? Mine plays cd's so I can pick the god-awful-horrid-noise I wake up to!

Posted by: Jeff A at November 20, 2005 11:54 PM

I hate the sound of any alarm clock. Whether I am awake or asleep, I cringe when I hear that sound and immediately want another 15 minutes of sleep. Have a Happy Monday.

Posted by: Nicole at November 21, 2005 6:33 AM