November 9, 2005

Another DadCentric Tease

I've been quiet here...and slaving away on the Boring Project That Won't Die. But I have managed, at long last, to make another contribution to DadCentric. Here's a tease. Hit the site to read the rest...

Iím pretty confident that Iíve perfected a few infant entertainment techniques but Iím positive my arsenal isnít sufficiently stocked. I can read stories, I can dance and sing, and I can make the really obnoxious farting noises she likes on or independent of her belly. I can push a stroller, speak in silly voices, shake rattles like a percussionist at a Latin music festival, squeeze a bottle and play the Winnie the Pooh song on a Fender Strat. But I get this sneaking suspicion that all of these skills might not be enough when push comes to shove. For there will loom, just out of sight, the menacing Absense of Mommy.

Now, go read the rest of Why Sunday Scares The Bejesus Out of Me.

Posted by Chris at November 9, 2005 2:50 PM
Comments

If it's awful, Mia will forget. You, however, will be traumatized for life. Hehe, I think you'll do just fine!

But, you can just forget about that whole "day of rest" thing.

Posted by: Jaycie at November 9, 2005 3:09 PM

Don't worry... I'm sure she'll get past this stage. You know, it might be the boobs. Maybe you should buy one of those things that Robert Dinero had in Meet the Fockers... those man boobs... "moobs" Maybe then, she won't miss mommy so much :) (I would KILL to see a photoshoped pic of you w/ a moob... hilarious!)

Posted by: Corinne at November 9, 2005 3:15 PM

You mean babies need to be entertained!?!?

Seriously, I thought you can just hold them or whatever and merrily go about your business.

That's what all my Mormon neighbors did, anyway.

Maybe you should convert to Mormonism.

Posted by: melati at November 9, 2005 3:23 PM

Yes, unfortunately there will come a time that Mia will prefer Mommy over Daddy. But the period is brief and she will ALWAYS be daddy's little girl, a honor that mommy will NEVER have. Lucky you. ;)

Posted by: TTL at November 9, 2005 3:26 PM

Very, very soon, she will totally prefer YOU over mommy. When daddy is in da house, I'm chopped liver.... That's totally ok though. Because then my kiddo bothers his father instead of me. heehee.

Posted by: Lisa B at November 9, 2005 3:48 PM

Posted by: Lisa B at November 9, 2005 3:48 PM

boy, you get around! i didn't know you posted to a daddy blog. i'm gonna go over and read your entry right now!

or, uhm, as soon as i get home on account of they actually want me to do work. and i figure 30 minutes before quitting time is a good a time as any to start with that.

Posted by: pea at November 9, 2005 4:00 PM

You got me - I raced right on over to read it - great post! You'll do great!

Posted by: Marie at November 9, 2005 4:51 PM

Can't wait to hear how it goes. You'll do great - I'm sure of it!

Posted by: VirgoJen at November 10, 2005 12:34 AM