November 8, 2005

Confession

I'll admit it. As much as I advocated it this morning, I didn't vote. If you had the day I did, you'd understand. There's this project I'm working on that's driving me up the fucking wall. Today was, for the most part, maddening. Brightened by the many fine emails, comments and IMs from you of course. Tonight? More brainless work. Tomorrow? Guess what. More of the same. But no, I didn't vote. I'm an asshat. Thought you should know.

Posted by Chris at November 8, 2005 7:49 PM
Comments

damn dude. i had the same kind of day. i wanted to vote.

but no, i didn't. ugh.

Posted by: jen at November 8, 2005 7:52 PM

OK. I admit it. Neither did I. I may have forgotten to do the whole "change of address" thing, so no voting for me.

Posted by: Heather at November 8, 2005 7:54 PM

no worries dude, I did vote (all Democrat; first time in my entire life) the other candidates were from the scary end of the conservative spectrum.

Posted by: Lee at November 8, 2005 7:56 PM

Well, I never!

Nah, that's a lie. I didn't, once. Nobody revoked my planetary citizen card.

Posted by: bhd at November 8, 2005 8:04 PM

I didn't either. And I so should have cause Arnold? HE IS CARAZY yo. Off the charts, in Bush's pocket, right wing freak crazy. And the propositions he's got on the VERY EXPENSIVE special election ballot today?? Are downright WRONG.

I wish I'd voted. I do. But now I have to go to airport. heh

Posted by: amy at November 8, 2005 8:19 PM

Me either. Out here (in CA) they are saying there was something like 10% registered voter participation by 3 p.m. today. There was nothing huge on the ballot (like gov, congress, etc.) but the Governator was trying to pass some shady stuff. I fully intended to vote, but I have no car and no way to get to the polls before they close today. My hubs voted for me! Anyway, I am obviously not the only one. It looks like 90% of registerd voters couldn't be bothered either. What a shame. We're all asshats. We are going to have to change our name to the United States of Apathy.

Posted by: Ms. Q at November 8, 2005 8:20 PM

well, you can just play your "get out of voting FREE" card. we all get one or two every decade or so.

Posted by: jodi at November 8, 2005 8:28 PM

Hey Dude, don't feel bad. I didn't even vote and I Always Vote. Call it apathy, whatever. Oh, yeah, and it was raining. It's not like four more years of W. was at stake for crissakes. Get off my back. ;-)

Posted by: JuJu's Mom at November 8, 2005 8:40 PM

Sometimes it drives me a little crazy to be a Washingtonian with no representation. I followed the gubernatorial campaign in VA and was jonesing to cast a vote - especially since both candidates were neck on neck.

Though I had a day from hell too and if I did live across the river it's doubtful I would have had time to go cast my vote.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh --- the road to hell is paved with the best intentions.

Posted by: Mala at November 8, 2005 10:12 PM

It's OK. I still love you.

(In a totally platonic way, of course. Move along, Mrs. Cactus! Nothing to see here!)

Posted by: Dawnie at November 8, 2005 10:13 PM

Oh shit today was voting day...yea I forgot too until I was already at work and then...ah well bottom line you are not alone.

Posted by: Michelle at November 8, 2005 10:37 PM

I didn't vote either. I didn't know the candidates well enough, just moving to the area and all. I figured not voting was better than voting without knowing the position.

Posted by: Krush at November 8, 2005 10:42 PM

Hey, at least you're honest. That's more important than getting your ass to the polls to vote. Hell, I'd have forgone the whole voting thing today as well (there was nothing pressing to vote on), but my polling place is DIRECTLY across the street from where I work. Thus, I had no excuse.

The cool thing? I got to use Ohio's new touch-screen voting machine. VERY, VERY COOL. The Inner Nerd in me emerged for a millisecond when I saw those and got to use one. Then she quietly went back into hiding. Thank gawd! ;o)

Posted by: ironic1 at November 8, 2005 10:45 PM

Well, the bright side is that the election is over and we will not have to sit through any more ads. I almost threw my shoe at the tube last night! Sorry you didn't get to vote, but life goes on! ;)

Posted by: Raybelle at November 8, 2005 10:55 PM

I completely understand...as much as I'd have liked to gone to vote today, there just wasn't enough hours in the day. If they'd just make my voting location a little more convenient to work...at least its only the first semi major election I've skipped in the past seven years :)

Posted by: christina at November 8, 2005 11:07 PM

A friend posted this in his blog tonight. And of course, I thought of you.

Posted by: Rhonda at November 8, 2005 11:08 PM

WHAT?! Well at least you're an honest asshat. ;)

Posted by: Marilyn at November 8, 2005 11:58 PM

Don't feel bad. Neither did I. Then again, I'm not a citizen. So yeah. You're so guilty. Asshat.

;-)

Posted by: Oakley at November 9, 2005 12:08 AM

We get fined if we don't vote here in Oz. Fined!!!

Gets people voting I supppose

Posted by: chocolate makes it better at November 9, 2005 7:02 AM

LOL - at least your honest! And now - you have no right to complain about who was elected bc you didn't participate...

Posted by: Marie at November 9, 2005 7:14 AM

I didn't vote either, but then again, I don't think PA had any poles.

Posted by: Michelle at November 9, 2005 8:05 AM

I am in California...I HAD to vote!

Posted by: Gypsy at November 9, 2005 10:07 AM

I always felt that actually going to the polls and voting was the best part about voting day. But there's a lot to be said for absentee ballots.

I laughed at my wife when she elected to always vote via mail. That was before we had twins. I'm glad we did it by mail because there's no way I would have voted today.

Posted by: Matthew at November 9, 2005 10:34 AM