November 10, 2005

WNT

Before I go to bed every evening, I go through my closet and pick out what Im going to wear the next day. I do this for several reasons:

A. Beth (and now Mia) are still asleep when I leave for work.
B. Waking up Beth (and now Mia) results in a very cranky Beth (and now Mia). So if I can avoid turning on lights and stomping around the bedroom, so much the better.
C. Ive tried to get dressed in the dark. It wasnt pretty. You wouldnt think someone could actually put on half of two different pairs of shoes but let me tell you, you can.

Last night was no exception to the ritual. Before bed, I picked out a simple white button-down shirt, pair of black pants, belt, tie and associated undergarments. And this morning, the wardrobe Id so carefully picked conspired against me.

Clad in boxers and white undershirt, it was quickly brought to my attention that there was an issue with one of my socks. I noticed this because my right big toe emerged from a hole in said sock, thus defeating, in part, the purpose. I took them off, snuck back into the bedroom, rooted around in the sock drawer and took a handful of pairs since, with my luck, Id pick up a pair of white tube socks. And that wouldnt be a good look. Crisis averted. Until I put on my pants. Which had, for some odd reason, a big smudge on the ass. I have no idea how it got there but Im blaming the baby, okay? Off with the pants and back to the closet. New pants acquired (same ones I wore yesterday shhh!) and crisis, once again, averted. Until I inspected the shirt and noticed that the collar buttons were coming off and pulling little holes in the shirt at the same time. Back to the closet. New shirt. All was right with the world.

But three wardrobe malfunctions got me thinking. What if this was some kind of sign? So, to piggy-back on the popularity of Half-Naked Thursday (HNT), Id like to introduce WNT Work Naked Thursday. Um, whos going first?

Posted by Chris at November 10, 2005 7:37 AM
Comments

Yes but the real question is .. did you do it all without waking up Beth or Mia?

Posted by: Michelle at November 10, 2005 7:43 AM

Work Naked Thursday?

I don't think that would be a good idea. I work in a plating shop.

Muriatic acid, cyanide, and bare skin just don't mix well. That and I work with a bunch of guys that I really don't ever ever ever want to see with even their shirts off, let alone naked!

Oh God, I need to wash my brain again!

Posted by: Jeff A at November 10, 2005 8:00 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either...It would be a major Boob-Fest here at the office considering it's all chicks and 2 guys. Gross if you ask me.

Posted by: Michelle at November 10, 2005 8:14 AM

ha! i think i'll leave that to the professionals. have a good thursday!

Posted by: Judy at November 10, 2005 8:21 AM

Forget Work Naked Thursday. I think we need a "Get a new wardrobe" Saturday. Come on. Mia's old enough to experience the joy of Potomac Mills. It's fun for the whole family!

er. Or not. I can't stand that place. And I'll forever wonder why, why, why they didn't make the stupid mall a complete circle? Who makes a U shaped mall?

Posted by: pea at November 10, 2005 8:40 AM

Im with previous poster, Get a new Wardrobe Saturday is much better than Work Naked Thursday, unless its Work Naked Thursday from home. That I could do...

Posted by: linda at November 10, 2005 9:03 AM

You have me thinking....

Oh and thanks for posting on my blog! :)

You will be fine on Sunday! Loved that entry on DC!

Posted by: Kelly at November 10, 2005 9:34 AM

Ha! I can do that! I'm going to clean house today! Naked housework works for me.

Hey, um, Flying Piggies is no more, as I was telling you. Come check out my new blog home!

Posted by: Theresa at November 10, 2005 9:38 AM

I've been wearing the same pants for 3 days. Today I finally picked up my dry cleaning and changed into my clean pants on the middle of Constitution Avenue (I was in my car).

Posted by: Heather B. at November 10, 2005 9:39 AM

If only I worked from home on Thursday! Sadly, WNT is not so much fitting in with the dress code here. Silly dress code.

Posted by: Dawnie at November 10, 2005 9:39 AM

Um. Are the students still going to be here? Because that would probably be a bad move for me, career-wise.

Posted by: Queen of Ass at November 10, 2005 9:57 AM

Ew ew ew ew. I want to see none of my coworkers naked, nor do they want to see me sans clothing. Except wait! I'm not at work today. Muahahahahaaa! How about the hottie lawyer-types down the street? Can I pretend I work with them? Can I tell them that today is WST (Work Shirtless Thursday)??

teehee

Posted by: Rhonda at November 10, 2005 10:03 AM

nah, I'll pass on WNT... it's only me and my male boss here in the office I work in and that would just be weird. But I'm all for SAHNT (Stay At Home Naked Thursday)... :)

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at November 10, 2005 10:19 AM

dear god, my entire office would go blind if i were to celebrate WNT. we can't have that.

Posted by: suze at November 10, 2005 10:26 AM

I work from home...does that count? ;-)

Posted by: VirgoJen at November 10, 2005 10:28 AM

What you don't know is that I'm naked right now!!!

I'm cold.

Posted by: melati at November 10, 2005 10:29 AM

Ha! I'm regularly half naked at "work", so I'll play. :)

My husband does the same thing so as not to wake me and the baby up. Luckily we have a walk in closet so he can just get dressed in there with light and everything. :)

Posted by: A.K. at November 10, 2005 10:33 AM

There are some people that I work with that I really would never need to see like that. *shudder*

Posted by: amber at November 10, 2005 10:44 AM

I wonder what kind of money I could raise if I did it naked? It would either be (a) off the charts, or (b) nothing at all.

Life's harsh like that.

Posted by: Pammer at November 10, 2005 10:58 AM

Good thing I work from home.

I sleep in the nude, blog nekkid, and even watch NASCAR in the all together.

;)

Posted by: Allan at November 10, 2005 11:09 AM

I love that you lay out your clothes every night. I have been doing the exact same things for years. My reason? I am too groggy in the morning to choose a decent outfit for work (let alone try to iron it). I call it my "routine". Same thing, every night.

And as for working naked. I work in construction and the guys would like it TOO much. It isn't going to happen!

Let me know how it works for you!

Posted by: Isabel at November 10, 2005 11:22 AM

if they'd let me work at home today, like i want to, i'd fully work naked. :)

Posted by: jodi at November 10, 2005 11:38 AM

Sounds good to me! I'm a stay-at-home mommy. It takes us a good three hours to get fully clothed anyway! :-)

Posted by: Steph at November 10, 2005 11:46 AM

There are so many mornings that I ask myself "Would it really be THAT BAD to go to work in my robe? I really don't want to wrestle with my closet this morning . . ."
It never occurs to me to go to work NUDE, although I'd probably get a raise *ba da boom*
Eeeeewww . . . I'm off to scour my brain, scan my face or SOMETHING . . .

Posted by: Betti at November 10, 2005 12:09 PM

Well I work in a photo shop, and somehow being naked around all those cameras doesn't seem like a very good idea. Then there's the whole over- exposure thing!

Posted by: at November 10, 2005 12:47 PM

Here I am, at work naked in honor of WNT. You guys are doing it too, right? Guys? Guys??

Posted by: Lizzie at November 10, 2005 3:29 PM

Oh well at least if you went naked you'd have someplace to hang your doughnut when juggling coffee and paperwork.

Posted by: dragonlady474 at November 10, 2005 4:03 PM

Um, HELL NO on the WNT.... or any OTHER day, for that matter. Let me just say that NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE wants to see ME nekkid! Even *I* don't want to see ME nekkid! However, it might clear the area out VERY quickly... and it would be quite conducive to getting much work done... but I'd definitely need to hide the nekkidness quickly thereafter.

Right. WNT just won't work for me. Especially at the elementary school where I work.

However, I have a few celebrities I think would fare well from WNT, as long as I was able to see them. Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson... Wentworth Miller... Angelina Jolie... (c'mon, she's hot... and even this chick can appreciate that!)

OK, perhaps I've taken this a bit too far? Anyway, better them for WNT than me. Word.

Posted by: ironic1 at November 10, 2005 4:49 PM

I don't work right now but it just so happens that I usually spend thursdays naked anyway. So , bonus, Rock on and all that other rebel speak.

Posted by: Bethany at November 10, 2005 5:33 PM

This is my first time commenting, althought I've enjoyed reading your blog for several months now. Your idea of WNT had me both laughing and cringing today, as I participated in a videoconference with a bunch of geeky engineers and old farts from across the country. Not a pretty picture to imagine - but funny!

Posted by: KathyK at November 10, 2005 5:44 PM

Well you first Natch! Then show the photos and I proooooomissssse I'll play too! ;-)At my office it would be a parade of all the naked whiteys who are a tad out of shape because we work in an office... Candy and cake all the time. Ugh. Wouldn't be pretty...

Posted by: Amy at November 10, 2005 6:16 PM

I think that would make alot of people stick to their diets.... It would work for me!

Ok. Another reason why I like doing the stay-at-home mom thing...

Posted by: Lisa B at November 10, 2005 7:05 PM

If you go first, then I will.

naked as in exposing your soul right? :)

Posted by: Michele at November 10, 2005 9:13 PM

Work nekkid thursday eh? That could possibly take sexual harrassment to a whole new level.

Posted by: Colleen at November 10, 2005 11:27 PM

Um. I teach two year olds at a CHURCH preschool... ok. I'm in, but you have to back me up when I tell them my reason for going butt naked.

Posted by: Incredimom at November 10, 2005 11:30 PM

I could do it, because I am unemployed. :)

Posted by: Zandria at November 10, 2005 11:45 PM

You go first, Chris.

Posted by: :: jozjozjoz :: at November 11, 2005 12:33 AM

I think you should invest in a flashlight for the nightstand. That's what I use to lurk around my room in the wee hours of the morning... Have a great weekend!

Posted by: Angela at November 11, 2005 1:10 AM