December 27, 2005

Post-Holiday Progress

To all of you who returned to work today, I'm sorry. Me? I'm taking the week off. But that doesn't mean it's all sitting around the pool with margaritas with the latest Joan Collins novel. Why?

a) I'm not a woman...or a sissy boy.
b) It's cold outside.
c) I don't have a pool.
d) The very thought of reading something penned by Joan Collins frightens me.
e) Infant in the house! Infant in the house!

This morning started off a little before 7:00. While Mia did an excellent job sleeping the previous few nights, last night wasn't so hot. So, I got up with Mia and let Beth sleep a while. We hung out with some of the new toys and watched a little bit of a Baby Einstein DVD (kinda freaky, people - I'm thinking there's some subliminal shit going on there and, in a generation, Walt Disney [owner of the Baby Einstein company] will flip a switch and - bam! - instant minions!). She eventually fell asleep on my shoulder so I could watch a little Law & Order. Now we're all up and here I am.

Yes, yes, I know - I've still got pictures to edit and post. Hopefully I'll have those up today. In the mean time, what did you all get for Christmas?

Posted by Chris at December 27, 2005 10:19 AM
Comments

I think returning to work on a Tuesday has really screwed up my sleep clock. I'm soooo groggy and the girl I work with asked if I was ok..LOL. As for Christmas presents, I got an area rug for my room, work clothes, some Octane Booster from good ole' Dad for the car and some little things here and there. All in all, it was a great Christmas.
Hope everyone had a great holiday too :)

Posted by: Michelle at December 27, 2005 10:24 AM

We had a very nice Christmas here, and the gifts were very nice as well. Santa brought me a necklace (slide) that was made from a "girl's best friend". Big shock.

We saw at the two gatherings we went to about 40 family members - wow

And yesterday, we got to watch a movie, just the two of us. Don slept through most of it.

I've worked a 1/2 day and have the rest of the day to myself. Nice!
We'll be waiting for the pictures. I just loved the Christmas card with Mia's picture. Thanks for sharing.
And have a great day!
Cas
No Joan Collins for me, either.

Posted by: cas at December 27, 2005 10:28 AM

What's up with the babies being so good sleeping through the holiday weekend, only to screw it up last night?

Freebird (7 weeks) slept 7-7.5 hours each of Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, yet last night, when I actually have to get up for work, he's up at 3:30 and took forwever to put back down again after his feeding.

Posted by: Gobo at December 27, 2005 10:32 AM

Yeah, I (as usual) got a cold over the 4 day weekend, so today was less than fun to wake up for. I woke up, sat on the bathroom floor feeling shitty, then emailed my peeps to tell them I'd get there eventually but not before a little more sleepy time. But at least this is a week where I'm going to be totally shocked if I hear from the client...

Posted by: ~L. at December 27, 2005 10:49 AM

Oh, a little Joan Collins never hurt anyone. Fluff is good sometimes. Though I have to admit that it's been ages since I've read anything by her. I went through my trashy novel phase during my high school years. I much prefer Danielle Steele. Now that's got me wondering if she's got anything new out.

Happy week off from work!

Posted by: pea at December 27, 2005 10:56 AM

yay! Enjoy your vacation!! :) even if you aren't sitting poolside with a trashy novel. *g* :)

it sucks for me this week, but i"ll be on vacation in Northern Cal or Reno (depending on the day. lol) next week, so that's okay. :) :)

Posted by: Manda at December 27, 2005 11:28 AM

The Swimmy's inundated with Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony. Until Friday when she'll be crushed by dollhouses and other goodies.

Husband got a new wardrobe (to be purchased this week) thankyouG-d.

And I? Got something sparkly.. And? Nauseous.

Good times. Is it January yet? Sheesh.

Posted by: Pammer at December 27, 2005 11:36 AM

No Joan Collins is allowed over here, either!

Got an HP photo printer (& supplies), LOST season 1, CSI season 5, Nip/Tuck season 1, lots of gift cards for more PANTS, and a sparkly necklace from my fiance... among the other incidentals. At least I don't have to assemble anything -- which is good, because I certainly don't possess an engineering degree.

Now, all I've got to do is get myself on a quasi-schedule to I can return to work next week NOT looking like a zombie.

Posted by: ironic1 at December 27, 2005 11:42 AM

An iPod!

Which within one day was uploaded with 1200 songs and I am still thinking what else should be on there... Is that sick or what?

Posted by: kimz at December 27, 2005 11:44 AM

Santa and the folks at Apple forgot me this year. Dunno, I must've been some bad. I bought myself a DVD and a CD I wanted.

I hear you on Joan Collins.. as for Baby Einstein, they used to be independant until they sold out to Disney. So disappointing. The little punk rocker in me is crushed. For some seriously screwed up stuff, there's a bit in Baby Van Gogh with sun burned zebras... too funny. Ok, maybe that had to do with the 4 martinis... but my nephew who does not SLEEP EVER loved it.

Merry Christmas... happy week off.
N.

Posted by: Nat at December 27, 2005 12:03 PM

Wow, we can't be more opposite if we tried.

a) I am a woman. And a sissy boy.
b) It's warm outside.
c) I have a pool.
d) The very thought of reading something penned by Joan Collins thrills and delights me because I love doing things that are lame and make me stupid. er.
e) I have no infant in the house.

So, as you can see, you and I are alike in no way!
I got a puppy and an iBook. I grin maniacally.

Posted by: melati at December 27, 2005 12:14 PM

My husband took the girls to a pottery painting place and made a plate with their footprints. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Posted by: Eulallia at December 27, 2005 12:17 PM

Yay for having the week off! :))

I got a few cookbooks (I'll take that as a hint :) and a "body pillow". That pillow is the best gift I got in ... like ever! :)

What did you get?

Posted by: Sweety at December 27, 2005 12:27 PM

I got a digital camcorder! YES!!! I'll be getting lots of embarrassing moments of the boys for when they get older:-)

Posted by: Magnolia Mom at December 27, 2005 12:41 PM

I'm at work today, if you want to call it that. All of my clients are out until the new year so I'm getting paid to blog! That is a present in and of itself, however the best present I received this year is a two day pass to see the Yonder Mountain String Band. Yay!

Posted by: TB at December 27, 2005 12:45 PM

i got some great stuff this xmas; stuff i actually needed: warm sweaters, a briefcase thingy for work, gift cards.

but the two top items? my ipon nano and the KITTY I'M ALLOWED TO GET. don't know when i'm going to make the trip to the SPCA, but i've gotten the green light and that's all i need. :D

what things did you get?

Posted by: Judy at December 27, 2005 1:39 PM

I scored pretty well for chrsitmas but my favorite toy is my ipod. LOVE it!

Posted by: Carrie Jo at December 27, 2005 1:53 PM

Santa was very nice to me and brought me the Calvin and Hobbes box set :) Yes, the one made fun of in today's Foxtrot cartoon. I don't care--it's awesome. Oh and bendy pencils. Bendy pencils rock. Almost as much as new books :)

Posted by: wavybrains at December 27, 2005 1:58 PM

i have the week off too! it's great. i love it. why can't i have more weeks like this? oh yeah, not independently wealthy, that's why.

Posted by: jodi at December 27, 2005 2:03 PM

i'm glad you guys had a great christmas. next year, when mia rips paper and all that, it gets even more fun.

i finally got the christmas spirit on christmas morning. i've always been a procrastinator.

late again, but merry christmas! enjoy your week off!

Posted by: misi at December 27, 2005 2:47 PM

Socks! And gift cards! And socks! heh. But they're good socks, some hand knitted and some fuzzy chenille and some called "Oppo-socks" which are just amusing.

Posted by: Heather at December 27, 2005 3:01 PM

It was a wonderful X-mas. My hubby's sis came into town. She hadn't seen our little guy since he was one. So there was alot of playdoh flying and chasing and acting silly all weekend. My hubby being home... His sis being in town and bonding with our little man. THen seeing my parents and siblings... That was the best gift I've ever gotten.

Posted by: Lisa B at December 27, 2005 3:10 PM

James and I ended up with so much stuff that it took us, no joke, two days to put it away. Hilights include an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier, bathroom curtains (had to be custom maid; I can't sew), 5-piece cordless tools, Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-4 on DVD. The tools are "technically" for James. I just come up with the ways in which he may use them. Tee hee.

What'd YOU get?

Posted by: Emily at December 27, 2005 4:06 PM

okay, most beautiful fluffin' baby pictures since my girl was a babe at christmas...

2. you suck for taking the week off... don't try to down play with "infant in the house..."
you suck

3. enjoy my friend, enjoy.

Posted by: speckledpup at December 27, 2005 5:13 PM

Infant in the house!!! Giggle You make me so smile! And I would love to see you by a pool and reading Joan! That would be funny! Thanks for the image!

I got iPodege and I am SO happy! I even downloaded my first video! But kinda mad there is NO Bowie on Video! But they have one of Iggy Pop! What is up with that? (wrinkled nose) So I got Stevie Nicks...I am SO happy with the Pod! Clapping hands!

Posted by: Gypsy at December 28, 2005 1:11 AM

I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, but it shows how lame I am.
Joan Collins = actress
Jackie Collins (her sister) = writer of bad books.

and yes, I buy them at Goodwill and read them. It's like crack.

Posted by: new girl at December 30, 2005 5:47 PM