December 16, 2005

What A Week

This week was, uh, as busy as a midwestern hooker when a plumber's convention comes to town. Eh, not the perfect comparison but you know where I'm coming from. I had three Mondo-Important Reports due which required me to do a lot of managing of people and talking to clients and other fun, similar things. And have I ever told you how much I hate calling people on the phone? It's one of my weird quirks. Anyway, there were also Big Critical Meetings, a holiday gift exchange (White Elephant style which I really think brings out the worst in everyone), and the company holiday party. And? And? The Great Ice Storm of '05 which was really The Day The Weathermen Overreacted and A Little Bit of Rain Froze Yet Still Freaked Everyone Out And Caused Them To Drive Really Badly. That's why I'm working from home today, as is pretty standard for a Friday with me.

Just a little while ago, I was checking out my notify list and I know a lot of you catch me through newsreaders but don't you want to be cool like everyone else? I mean, look who's reading:

notify.jpg

I still want to know who rudecactusfan is.

My apologies for the many lame entries with which I've most likely bored you to tears this week. This is what happens when you get busy.

Happy Friday everybody!

Posted by Chris at December 16, 2005 7:02 AM
Comments

That gmail address sits on that fence right between complimentary and scary-stalking. I'm sure it is someone VERY nice.

What did you get for the gift exchange? The Clapper? ;)

Posted by: angela marie at December 16, 2005 7:28 AM

wow...ducky!

Posted by: wn at December 16, 2005 7:38 AM

Interesting. And the posts aren't lame.. want lame read one of my blogs.

Posted by: Angelia at December 16, 2005 8:07 AM

maybe it's your wife :)

Happy Friday!

Posted by: soniclibra at December 16, 2005 8:38 AM

I was trying to be discreet... just kidding.

Posted by: Jazzy at December 16, 2005 8:46 AM

wow. that's commitment to your blog. i wonder if the person uses the email just for your updates or for general use. i suppose there's not much to worry about unless of course you start getting emails along the lines of: may i admire you again today? :sigh: i *heart* pretty in pink

i hate using the phone as well. i especially hate having to leave voicemail. the pound and asterisk are my best phone friends. yes of course i want to re-record!

also, my apologies for the many lame and boring comments i've left this week. i, sadly, have no excuse for them. which likely means they will not be getting better. feel free to ban me at your leisure. ;-)

Happy One Week Before Christmas Eve Eve!

Posted by: pea at December 16, 2005 9:23 AM

I hate white elephant gift exchanges too! I seriously dont even know why they have gift exchanges at work.

Posted by: linda at December 16, 2005 9:36 AM

The Midwestern hooker comment nearly made me shoot coffee out my nose! My firm has several unions as clients and some of the union guys are pretty raunchy. I've heard some nasty stories about some of their conventions. And considering I'm from the Midwest...well, anyway, it just made me laugh.

Posted by: Beth in StL at December 16, 2005 9:50 AM

I hate gift exchange crap like that too. Like here at work, we had to give $10 for presents for the 3 bosses. There's like 25 employees too. That's

Posted by: Michelle at December 16, 2005 10:03 AM

That gift exchange thing quirks me too. Here at work each employee gave $10 to pay for presents for our 3 bosses, and there's like 25 employees. That's $250 for between 3 people!! What ticks me off is you think that my boss is going to dish out some cash on me? My guess is NO. We'll probably get some lame ass present like Hershey kisses or a shoe horn, while those 3 are basking in their x-mas present glory. What erked me even more is that they originally wanted around $20. *grrr*

Posted by: Michelle at December 16, 2005 10:07 AM

Your posts never bore me Chris. But wow, I don't have a destinyqueenfan reading my blog! You're bigtime!

Posted by: Heather at December 16, 2005 10:13 AM

I've been trying to sign up with notifylist but it keeps telling me my password is in the email and nothing ever arrives. Grrr.

Happy friday to you too!

Posted by: Kestrel at December 16, 2005 10:47 AM

Your blog? AWESOME Always. My blog? Boring 99.9% of the time. Just so we're straight here. heehee.

Posted by: Lisa B at December 16, 2005 11:35 AM

i am going to ask a probably stupid question and then walk away like nothing happened...

wtf is white elephant style?

Posted by: kate at December 16, 2005 11:44 AM

*yawns*

Because I haven't had my coffee yet, not because you're boring! I saw Jon Cryer once in person. I've never seen Tony Blair in person. And, rudecactusfan? That's our group email! We are your groupies. But we don't go all the way. Does that makes us "blog aids" then? Just wondering!

Posted by: Ms. Q at December 16, 2005 11:47 AM

Have a relaxing weekend with free (sorta) amusement from the Whiner and enjoy your family! :-)

Posted by: Jade at December 16, 2005 12:04 PM

You have a fan? I'm jealous.

But, I guess I shouldn't be. I have a "Freak" who likes to send me freaky emails.

Don't be jealous of me now.

Posted by: Y at December 16, 2005 12:59 PM

Wow, well isn't that impressive!!! ;) I'm a huge RC Fan but I never went so far as to create a new identity stating as much!!! Something for me to ponder this weekend.

Happy Friday to you as well and have a lovely day working from home. I am doing the same. Oh, and thanks for the comment, it totally worked, I'm no longer sick! :)

Posted by: Kate at December 16, 2005 1:14 PM

I was thinking...stalker. LOL your own private stalker, lucky you. ;)

Posted by: Michele at December 16, 2005 1:33 PM

Friday? Already? I had no idea. I have been stuck at work all week and need to desperatly leave and do some shopping. Oh, and feed my face. I am so hungy.

I dislike the White Elephant thing also. There needs to be more rules on what you can and can't bring. Mostly it's either CRAP or someting totally inappropiate, which make you feel uncomfortable even though you really had nothing to do with it.

Anyway...stay warm this weekend and enjoy!

Posted by: Isabel at December 16, 2005 1:40 PM

I *promise* it's not me! :)

Posted by: VirgoJen at December 16, 2005 1:52 PM

We did a White Elephant for work as well. I gave a CD case and this funny little dancing reindeer, and I got a stuffed Santa with Ferrero Rocher in his bum pocket. Not too bad. Definitely could've been worse. Someone got giant elf slippers though...I kinda wanted those.

Posted by: Heather at December 16, 2005 2:37 PM

jon? cryer?!?! YOU ARE THE MAN. i wonder if he reads between getting treated like charlie sheen's BITCH on that one show he's on now.

... funny show though.

Posted by: misifoota at December 16, 2005 2:57 PM

As this was exam week, I haven't noticed many of the lame entries, but I'll be sure to catch up over the weekend!

Posted by: Queen of Ass at December 16, 2005 4:07 PM

Your entries are everything but lame, that's why I'm one of your blog's biggest fans ;)
I promise I don't have a gmail account for it though!

Posted by: Ava at December 16, 2005 4:41 PM

I hate the work gift exchange too. Isn't it bad enough we have to work for a living but we need the forced holiday merriment too? I'm just a grinch this week, but I gave my $10 gift.
Have a great weekend.

Posted by: Jil at December 16, 2005 6:05 PM

It's not me - not that I'm not a fan, I'm just not a psycho hose-beast fan.

Posted by: Marie at December 16, 2005 7:02 PM

rudecactusfan? whoa.

if I found a webmiztrisfan I'd have to get a better home security system cuz I'd be SKEERED!

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at December 16, 2005 9:44 PM

I enjoyed my loot from our white elephant gift exchange (apparently also called the "chinese gift exchange" here, which, as a sidenote I want to know why everything screwy is "chinese", i.e., chinese firedrill and now, chinese gift exchange). But people's true personalities shine (and by "true personalities", I mean the side of them that can be a royal assmunch!) and frankly, that is something I can do without.

Nevertheless, it sure can be fun to be the only sober person at a party where folks are on their 3rd or 4th appletini. :)

Posted by: Brooke at December 16, 2005 10:23 PM

hey-- that's a total urban myth about busy midwestern hookers--- we take our TIME.

Posted by: Elizabeth at December 17, 2005 8:40 AM

LOL! You gotta fan. I don't have a gmail account--so it isn't me... :-)

Posted by: Ginny at December 17, 2005 12:08 PM

Jon Cryer reads this site? Interesting.

Maybe Rude Cactus fan and Jon are the same person, it's just the clever alias thing he does to divert attention. Let me know if anyone by the name of "Ducky" pops up anytime soon.

I've been here before but should come here more often. Amy of Inherent Passion recommended me here today.

Posted by: janet at December 17, 2005 1:44 PM