January 24, 2006

Trivial

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Rude Cactus!

1. Rude Cactus has little need for water and is capable of going for months without drinking at all.
  2. Fish travel in schools, but whales travel in Rude Cactus.
  3. The moon is 400 times closer to the Earth than Rude Cactus, and 400 times smaller.
  4. Over 46,000 pieces of Rude Cactus float on every square mile of ocean!
  5. Tradition allows women to propose to Rude Cactus only during leap years.
  6. In Japan it is considered rude to talk with Rude Cactus in your mouth!
  7. Rude Cactus can drink over 25 gallons of water at a time.
  8. In the Spanish edition of Cluedo, Rude Cactus is the victim.
  9. A sixteenth century mathematician lost his nose in a duel over his love for Rude Cactus, and wore a silver replacement for the rest of his life!
  10. The patron saint of Rude Cactus is Saint Eugenie!

Damn, talk about a lack of knowledge of one's self. I didn't know half this stuff about me. And I bet you didn't know I was so large - large enough for whales to travel inside of me...and large enough to be comprised of 46,000 pieces. But, how do the whales survive in only 25 gallons of water? Mysteries into the nature of Rude Cactus deepen...

I am interested in - do tell me about
Posted by Chris at January 24, 2006 5:07 PM
Comments

Ok, well how OFF-THE-WALL was that. Apples are covered with a thin layer of John Lennon! I NEVER KNEW THAT! Thanks Chris, I feel so much better knowing that. BTW Hope you and yours are having a great start to the New Year!

Posted by: Jennifer at January 24, 2006 5:29 PM

Posted by: Jennifer at January 24, 2006 5:29 PM

Posted by: Jennifer at January 24, 2006 5:29 PM

It's considered rude to talk with Rude Cactus in your mouth? Are you trying to tell us something???

Posted by: Queen of Ass at January 24, 2006 5:30 PM

Very surprised to find out that I (Winker) am actually a fruit and not a vegetable. But I already knew that I could smell the presence of autism in children (!) Glad especially, and relieved, to find out that I'm impermeable to acid. Will solve my dilemma about whether to wax or shave....

Posted by: JuJu's Mom at January 24, 2006 5:33 PM

Where did you get this, I want one!!!

Posted by: JuJu's Mom at January 24, 2006 5:34 PM

Well, I knew you were larger than life but 400 times bigger than the moon?! Dude, you need to keep your ego in check after that!! =)

Posted by: Ms. Q at January 24, 2006 5:34 PM

You could have just copy and pasted this whole post into the comments box in my post for today and called it a day.

Posted by: Janet at January 24, 2006 5:35 PM

Rude to talk with Rude cactus in your mouth? Tsk..tsk.

Posted by: anonymous at January 24, 2006 5:36 PM

Finding Jodiferous on Christmas morning is believed to bring good luck.

awww.... I'm good luck!

Posted by: jodi at January 24, 2006 5:38 PM

Um, yeah... you're gonna get some good google searches off that post!

Posted by: mom on a wire at January 24, 2006 5:42 PM

Hey Chris, I think we are related, because whales travel inside me to, maybe that's why I'm so fat!

1. Rockchild is actually a vegetable, not a fruit.
2. Rockchild can give birth ten days after being born, and is born pregnant.
3. It takes forty minutes to hard-boil rockchild!
4. Fish travel in schools, but whales travel in rockchild.
5. New Zealand was the first place to allow rockchild to vote.
6. Rockchild is 1500 years older than the pyramids!
7. The first rockchild was made in 1853, and had no pedals.
8. Contrary to popular belief, rockchild is not successful at sobering up a drunk person, and in many cases he may actually increase the adverse effects of alcohol.
9. The most dangerous form of rockchild is the bicycle!
10. Until the 1960s, rockchild was not allowed to enter Disneyland.

Who ever made this program must be crazy, because I'm not pregnant!

Posted by: Rockchild at January 24, 2006 5:44 PM

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Molly!

1. Every day in the UK, four people die putting Molly on!
2. Molly is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature.
3. All swans in England belong to Molly!
4. Marie Antoinette never said 'let them eat cake' - this is a mistranslation of 'let them eat Molly'!
5. Influenza got its name because people believed the disease was caused by the evil "influence" of Molly.
6. It takes more than 500 peanuts to make Molly.
7. During the reign of Peter the Great, any Russian nobleman who chose to wear Molly had to pay a special Molly tax!
8. Only twelve people have ever set foot on Molly.
9. Originally, Molly could not fly.
10. If you lick Molly ten times, you will consume one calorie.

~~~

No licking, please!

Posted by: molly at January 24, 2006 5:57 PM

#9 proves that I am the only the creature of myth. Hehe. #10 is ABSOLUTELY true as I'm already freezing to death when it hits 50F in Long Beach a few nights ago. #7 is also true, although you'll have to ask Brandon about #3.

1. Julius Caesar wore a laurel wreath to cover up oakmonster!
2. If a snake is born with two heads, the heads will fight over who gets oakmonster!
3. Oakmonster will give a higher yield if milked when listening to music.
4. Only one person in two billion will live to be oakmonster.
5. Oakmonster is picked, sorted and packed entirely in the field!
6. The ace of spades in a playing card deck symbolizes oakmonster!
7. Europe is the only continent that lacks oakmonster!
8. On average, women blink nearly twice as much as oakmonster.
9. Oakmonster was declared extinct in 1902.
10. Antarctica is the only continent without oakmonster.

Posted by: Oakley at January 24, 2006 6:40 PM

Yay! Here's me!

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Lisa!
1.If your ear itches, this means that someone is talking about Lisa!
2.Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Lisa!
3.American Airlines saved forty thousand dollars a year by eliminating Lisa from each salad served in first class.
4.It's bad luck for a flag to touch Lisa!
5.The pharoahs of ancient Egypt wore garments made with thin threads of beaten Lisa!
6.There are roughly 10,000 man-made objects the size of Lisa orbiting the Earth.
7.The first American zoo was built in 1794, and contained only Lisa.
8.All the moons of the Solar System are named after characters from Greek and Roman mythology, except the moons of Uranus, which are named after Lisa!
9.68 percent of all UFO sightings are by Lisa.
10.The smelly fluid secreted by skunks is colloquially known as Lisa!

I'm especially NOT fond of #10, but hey... a trivial fact is a trivial fact! Who am I to argue.

Posted by: Lisa at January 24, 2006 6:40 PM

Top 10 Tips About Webmiztris!

1. If you blow out all the candles on Webmiztris with one breath, your wish will come true.
2. The smelly fluid secreted by skunks is colloquially known as Webmiztris!
3. All of the roles in Shakespeare's plays - including the female roles - were originally played by Webmiztris.
4. To check whether Webmiztris is safe to eat, drop her in a bowl of water; rotten Webmiztris will sink, and fresh Webmiztris will float!
5. Webmiztris was the first Tsar of Russia.
6. Webmiztris never said 'Play it again, Sam'.
7. Webmiztris can run sixty-five kilometres an hour - that's really fast.
8. It takes more than 500 peanuts to make Webmiztris.
9. Webmiztris can clean her ears with her tongue, which is over thirty-nine inches long!
10. Tradition allows women to propose to Webmiztris only during leap years.

65 KM per hour? I WISH!

Posted by: Dawn (webmiztris) at January 24, 2006 8:37 PM

Here's my top 10:

Posted by: Elaine at January 24, 2006 10:23 PM

Man, you're ALWAYS posting shit I want to steal. First your iTunes meme (which I was going to appropriate later this week) and now this. I'm but a pale reflection of the Cactus...

Is it painful when whales travel in you?

Posted by: CroutonBoy at January 24, 2006 11:03 PM

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Dragon!

1. Dragon is 1500 years older than the pyramids!
2. 68 percent of all UFO sightings are by dragon.
3. Banging your head against dragon uses 150 calories an hour!
4. A thimbleful of dragon would weigh over 100 million tons.
5. Ostriches stick their heads in dragon not to hide but to look for water.
6. Dragon will become gaseous if her temperature rises above -42C.
7. Dragon is picked, sorted and packed entirely in the field.
8. Dragon has four noses!
9. Only fifty-five percent of men wash their hands after using dragon!
10. Tradition allows women to propose to dragon only during leap years.

Posted by: dragonlady474 at January 25, 2006 1:01 AM

OK, am I stupid if I have no idea what any of what you just wrote means?

Am I also stupid for that grammatically incorrect sentence?

Posted by: DeAnn at January 25, 2006 5:16 AM

You've been eating those little bits of paper with funny pictures on them again haven't you?

Lucy, your sky diamonds are ready.

Posted by: chocolate makes it better at January 25, 2006 5:58 AM

1. In a pinch, the skin from a shark can be used as Sarah.
2. If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn into Sarah!
3. Sarah is 984 feet tall.
4. Koalas sleep for 22 hours a day, two hours more than Sarah!
5. It takes a lobster approximately 7 years to grow to be Sarah!
6. Sarah is the oldest playable musical instrument in the world.
7. Sarah was banned from Finland because of not wearing pants!
8. American Airlines saved forty thousand dollars a year by eliminating Sarah from each salad served in first class!
9. The Asteroid Belt between Mars and Jupiter is made entirely of Sarah.
10. Baby swans are called Sarah.

Posted by: Sarah at January 25, 2006 8:49 AM

Hilarious! I nicked this one for my blog, but added a road map to your blog to compensate. Hope you don't mind!

Posted by: kim at January 25, 2006 9:24 AM

And I would imagine #6 is considered rude pretty well everywhere. LOL

Posted by: HR mommy at January 25, 2006 9:42 AM

I've already done this one - and was quite surprised to learn that: If you kiss me for one minute you will burn six or seven calories!

Posted by: Marie at January 25, 2006 9:42 AM

How fun! I particularly like the Spanish version of Cluedo one.

Posted by: Heather at January 25, 2006 9:43 AM

Ten Top Trivia Tips about Melissa!

1. Only one person in two billion will live to be Melisa.
2. Only 55 percent of Americans know that the sun is made of Melissa.
3. There is actually no danger in swimming right after you eat Melissa, though it may feel uncomfortable.
4. If you cut Melissa in half and count the number of seeds inside, you will know how many children you are going to have.
5. If you toss Melissa 10000 times, she will not land heads 5000 times, but more like 4950, because her head weighs more and thus ends up on the bottom.
6. Japan provides over thirty percent of the world's Melissa supply.
7. Melissa is the world's smallest mammal!
8. Melissa is worth her weight in gold - literally.
9. Melissa is black with white stripes, not white with black stripes.
10. If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn into Melissa.

Posted by: MelissaS at January 25, 2006 9:56 AM

Hi Crazy! Here, try this pill. It's delicious!

Posted by: melati at January 25, 2006 10:27 AM

To check whether Brianna is safe to eat, drop her in a bowl of water; rotten Brianna will sink, and fresh Brianna will float.

good to know.

Posted by: brianna at January 25, 2006 10:50 AM

I put 'Mia' in there, and thought you might be interested to know that

Mia is actually a vegetable, not a fruit.

Originally, Mia could not fly.

During World War II, Americans tried to train Mia to drop bombs.

The international dialling code for Mia is 672.

Olive oil was used for washing Mia in the ancient Mediterranean world.

It's bad luck to put Mia on a bed(which could explain why she doesn't like sleeping!!!)

Mia has enough fat to produce 32 bars of soap.

Three seagulls flying overhead are a warning that Mia is near!

Mia will often glow under UV light! (Have you ever tried holding her under UV light??)

Posted by: Laura at January 25, 2006 4:07 PM