July 17, 2006

President Says What?

Oh my god! The President dropped the s-bomb at the G-8 today! (CNN's got the video). If the media's reaction is any indication, the world will now come to a screeching halt. (Mission accomplished now, bucko!)

Come on, guys. Who the hell cares? What we should really be surprised by are his atrocious table manners. Chew with your mouth closed, dude. And go easy on the butter.

You know somewhere in Texas Barbara's breaking out a bar of soap.

Posted by Chris at July 17, 2006 3:43 PM
Comments

Nice! I am very proud that our president conducts himself with the grace and dignity befitting a man of his stature on the world political stage.

What a doofus. Seriously, most dogs have better manners than he does.

Posted by: Ms. Q at July 17, 2006 3:52 PM

What a smacked ass. Then he says that some of the reps "talk too long". America should be so proud of such a fine, eloquent speaker. We are so going to get nuked one of these days...Just b/c of his sheer stupidity. Thank god for passports...I'm going to Canada or Switzerland once things start getting bad, er, worse.

Posted by: Michelle at July 17, 2006 3:55 PM

Oh. Good. Grief. Who cares!?
I agree though, his momma's definitely getting ready to give that boy a whoopin'. Except maybe not, because in that family, she probably ascribes to the good ol' all-round adage..."Boys will be boys." (I hate when that's used as an excuse for actually inexcusable behavior.) But saying shit? Other than enumerating the fact that the president has a significantly limited vocabulary...meh.

Posted by: Heather at July 17, 2006 3:56 PM

is that what i have been feeling? all morning? the world at a standstill? that explains a lot.

Posted by: jodi at July 17, 2006 3:56 PM

Oh yeah. AND talking with his mouth full too. Does he not learn from the pretzel incident a few years ago?? Damn. Now, if he choked and then Blair had to Heimlich him, that would be HILARIOUS...

Posted by: Oakley at July 17, 2006 3:59 PM

Wait a minute. It's clearly not the end of the world, and certainly doesn't deserve to be headline news, but not only is he the freaking president of 'Mericuh but when I went to church, cursing like that would send me straight to hell. He is going to make baby Jesus cry with that foul mouth! I am eager to hear what will Falwell et al say about this!

Posted by: Ms. Q at July 17, 2006 3:59 PM

It's really sad that our President doesn't have enough class to not use expletives.

Posted by: Pixie at July 17, 2006 4:01 PM

The funny part is that it's probably the most intelligent thing he's said on air in his presidency. I mean, the guy has a point about Syria.

Posted by: Leah at July 17, 2006 4:08 PM

I really don't care that he said the s word. It's not like it was in a speech or something, my goodness!

Posted by: Scarlet at July 17, 2006 4:13 PM

Exactly. And it looks like there might be a little bread with that butter... just a little.

Posted by: mingaling at July 17, 2006 4:14 PM

Oh that's funny in a sad and pathetic way. good grief. And I heard it here first. Thank dog. I so avoid the news. heh.

Posted by: Keri at July 17, 2006 4:25 PM

At least he didn't puke on another world leader like his father did.

But really, who gives a sh*t (heh)? It's kind of refreshing for once to hear something unedited from the world of politics. He has opinions of his own! Hoorah! He swears like the rest of us and everyone in that room with him.

If I were Barb, however, I would be washing out his mouth (and the funny thing is I can totally see her doing that).

Posted by: E :) at July 17, 2006 4:26 PM

I do not like Bush but I love when out leader's swear. It's good times.

Chewing with your mouth open, though? *shudder*

Posted by: Liberal Banana at July 17, 2006 4:32 PM

Someplace I have an entire list of things he said when he thought no one was listening.

I don't care about the word but it's one more example of his hypocrisy.

Posted by: ann adams at July 17, 2006 4:35 PM

Houston....We have found your village Idiot....

Posted by: Jennifer at July 17, 2006 6:11 PM

This reminds me of one time when a minister of Jean Chretien's government privately called Bush a moron, which was unknowingly recorded by a nearby microphone. She ended up resigning of her own accord, even after Chretien fended off pressure to fire her. :(

So, while I don't care whether he swears like a sailor or not, I want him to catch at least some flak for this.

He's wrong about Syria and Hezbollah, too. Denouncing Hezbollah would be the last thing Syria would ever do; they're their last toehold in Lebanon, which they recently lost control of in the Cedar Revolution (which was quite an inspiring event). So I don't know where Bush is getting his ideas.

Posted by: Gavin at July 17, 2006 6:20 PM

Ah yes, I'm SO proud of the leader of my country. He's good at offending people left and right. Nice picture in the article too - in some countries, especially those in the Middle East if I remember correctly, the "thumbs up" is a rude gesture. What a dumb ass.

Posted by: Beth in StL at July 17, 2006 6:54 PM

I can't stop commenting on this. Wouldn't it be tragic if his little profanity slip somehow caused World War III? It should be kind of funny or amusing to hear the president drop the S-bomb (LBJ had quite a potty mouth if I remember correctly), but it won't be funny if someone drops an H-bomb because of it. I know I'm being melodramatic, but, hey, that's me!

Posted by: Ms. Q at July 17, 2006 6:56 PM

If only we could impeach his ass for that.

Posted by: Melissa at July 17, 2006 7:12 PM

You think that's sad? I'll tell you what's sad. I started a new class for my Master's program today. This is my first class with this particular professor. The topic is applied linguistics, so you would think, well, this man has a PhD, in a linguistically related topic, no less, yet through the 5 1/2 hour class, he dropped the s-bomb like 10 times. Seriously. You would think that he would be able to articulate himself a little better after all that studying. I'd like to read an academic article that he's written and see if he's as free with his speech there as he was in class. Tomorrow I'm gonna tally to see how many times he says it. It'll help keep me awake.:-)

Posted by: Sijbrich at July 17, 2006 7:34 PM

Heh, I was wondering if you'd catch that one, too.

I think you are absolutely right about Barbara and her bar of soap.

Posted by: Kate the Shrew at July 17, 2006 7:43 PM

That was what struck me as the funniest thing when I saw it this morning before work - his eating. Here's Blair, leaning over him, talking shop and Dubya is just shoving food in his mouth. And talking. I thought maybe he'd just take a bite out of Blair. That would've made for good television.

Also, yeah with this being the big story of the day. Middle East in shambles? Who cares! Nearly 100 people dead in a tsunami? WHAT IS A TSUNAMI?! Don't you understand that the president said SH_T TODAY??????

I did think their little "the sh_t heard 'round the world" was pretty clever. Heh.

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at July 17, 2006 7:48 PM

Hah!
I'm actually a fan of his. *ducks*

Posted by: Kris at July 17, 2006 8:57 PM

I say more butter! More pretzels! (The chokey kind of course)

Posted by: Heather at July 17, 2006 9:17 PM

Ummm ... is that a bad word?

Maybe I should stop saying it around my kids, huh?

Posted by: s@bd at July 17, 2006 9:56 PM

It really doesn't bother me that he dropped the s-bomb during a dinner, like someone above pointed out it wasn't a televised speech. However if he had dropped the F-bomb that would have bothered me.

Posted by: MrsJoseGoldbloom at July 17, 2006 11:17 PM

It was actually refreshing to hear him say it. I mean, to hear him say something that wasn't totally scripted!

Posted by: haley-o at July 17, 2006 11:18 PM

I care. He should apologize for using that type of language. As the President, he should set an example.

Posted by: Travis LeMaster at July 18, 2006 6:42 AM

Not only is Barbara looking for a bar of soap, but there's a village looking for their idiot.

I don't care so much that he dropped the s-bomb... but yeah, get some table manners. Sheesh...

Posted by: Karen at July 18, 2006 11:05 AM

My thoughts exactly. I was more appalled by him talkng with food in his mouth. And this is the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world? We must be a laughingstock.

Posted by: Carolyn at July 18, 2006 12:31 PM

I was so hoping he'd say something much worse, and much more stupid, but then again, do we really want other countries thinking we're any more stupid than they already think we are?

Posted by: Kristi at July 18, 2006 2:16 PM

He can drop the F bomb at the State of the Union for all I care, the man is an idiot. The rest of those guys must be shaking their heads in amazement when he leaves.

Posted by: Brad at July 18, 2006 2:16 PM

I would have thought liberals would be happy with an s-bomb instead of just a bomb. I think it was extradionary and a glimpse of what the president does when the liberal media is not nipping at his heels like whiny little dogs. How ironic that they just couldnt ignore this....hehehe....too bad for liberals that he is busy being president.

Posted by: linda at July 18, 2006 2:50 PM

Chewing with your mouth open is something that has been a HUGE pet peeve since childhood. I don't care about the swearing, but it is significant because of his purported Christianity.

Posted by: Kristina at July 18, 2006 3:53 PM

You know, I thought it was funny how much the MSM made about the whole profanity thing. What I thought was worse, was the comments about, "Russia is Big, and China is Big" This is the leader of the free world? He sounded more like a child in a special needs class. Yes George, Russia is a big Country. And Yes, China is too. Now shut up!

Posted by: Latte Man at July 19, 2006 11:23 AM