July 20, 2006

The Mixed CD Multiple Choice Extravaganza

Over the past couple of years, I've offered up a few chances to win some mixed CDs. There are always some people who sound really bummed when they don't win. And I feel sad. When I posted my mixed CD Elements of Style, I received quite a few comments and emails asking for another chance to win. So here it is...the Mixed CD Multiple Choice Extravaganza!

Think you know me? We'll see about that. Scour my site, check out old entries, think back to responses to your comments. Some of the answers are out there, some aren't.

Update: 15 questions? What was I thinking? That's way the hell too many. The burden's a little lighter on you guys now. Anyone who guessed using the original set of questions gets extra credit.

The fine print: One entry per reader. All entries must be accompanied by a valid email address and be submitted via comments to this post by July 23, 2006. The reader with the most correct answers wins. In the event of a tie, there will be a violent cage match to the finish. Or, I'll just send CDs to all the winners. Whichever. Frankly, I'm leaning towards multiple winners because I don't want anyone to die, nor do I feel like cleaning up the mess. It's just a CD, people. In addition, you must be willing to contact me privately with your mailing address. Because I'm not psychic, you know. In the event that anyone answers ALL questions correctly, he or she will win two CDs and the title of The Rude Cactus Freaky Stalker '06. This may or may not be followed by a restraining order.

Now, on to the questions...

1. When I was a kid, I coined the term “Grover dinner”. This refers to:
a. A dinner in which all food is blue
b. Dining while watching Sesame Street
c. A meal of all kinds of unrelated food
d. Grilled Muppets

a. An avid churchgoer
b. A minister
c. A scientologist
d. The owner of 27 Bibles
e. Holder of an undergrad degree in religion

5. My favorite movie of all time is:
a. Citizen Kane (Rosebud!)
c. The Three Amigos (Sew, old one. Sew like the wind)
d. Logan’s Run (There is no sanctuary!)
e. Casablanca (I don't mind a parasite. I object to a cut-rate one.)

6. I wear:
a. Briefs
b. Boxers
c. Nothing – commando, baby!

7. The name of my first band was:
a. Atomic Bitchwax
b. Swan Song (Zeppelin covers band)
c. Rude Cactus
d. Wyld Stallionz
e. Eclipse (Pink Floyd covers band)
f. Hardcore Rickshaw Attack

Posted by Chris at July 20, 2006 6:51 AM
Comments

I know that 10 is D and 15 is C. Does two out of fifteen qualify for a CD?

Probably not, huh?

Posted by: Emily at July 20, 2006 7:19 AM

Well, I know the answer to #1 right off the bat. I'm pretty sure about 5 and 6.

Shoot, Chris, I don't have time to do that. I guess I'll just have to resign myself to never getting one of your ultra cool mix CD's.

But this is a great idea. You are too creative for words, my friend.

Posted by: Alissa at July 20, 2006 7:42 AM

Chris, I love you like the little brother I always had who still gets on my nerves to this day. Heh.

Sadly, he is not a musical savant and has not passed his knowledge on to me.

All I really know about music right now, in this moment, is that I love me some Johnny Cash.

Have fun with the the contest!

Posted by: Contrary at July 20, 2006 7:46 AM

I am currently accepting bribery offers for the correct answers, and would also like to point out that you cannot register by political party in Virginia.

Posted by: Mrs. Cactus at July 20, 2006 7:46 AM

Ok, I'll give it a try...

1. Of the following jobs, I have never worked as a:
c. DJ

2. When I was a kid, I coined the term “Grover dinner”. This refers to:
a. A dinner in which all food is blue

3. Which of the following names were never in the running for our daughter:
f. B and D

4. When I was in first grade, loading things into my mom’s car for the trip to school, a giant boxer (woof woof, not Sugar Ray) ran up our driveway and jumped into the car, crushing:
a. My new backpack and school supplies

5. I am a registered:
c. Democrat

6. My favorite band is:
c. Genesis

7. I am most commonly told I resemble:
d. Jon Cryer

8. The highest educational degree I hold is:
b. Bachelor’s degree

9. Despite my religious beliefs (or lack thereof), I am:
d. The owner of 27 Bibles

10. I drink my coffee:
d. Black

11. My favorite movie of all time is:
a. Citizen Kane (Rosebud!)

12. I wear:
b. Boxers

13. When I was in high school and college, I was an educational speaker. I used to visit elementary schools and talk about:
c. Homelessness

14. For several years, I taught summer school classes (the fun kind, not the kind you land in because you failed algebra). I taught:
d. Music

15. The name of my first band was:
c. Rude Cactus

This was tougher than I expected. Maybe I just need more coffee.

Posted by: amber at July 20, 2006 7:48 AM

All righty:

1. b
2. e
3. f
4. d
5. b
6. f
7. d
8. c (although, hee, Master of the Universe)
9. d
10. d
11. b
12. b
13. b
14. f
15. c

Posted by: Dawn at July 20, 2006 8:03 AM

You've got to be kidding right? These are some mighty small hoops to jump through my friend. Alrighty- (cracks knuckles) 1) C 2) E 3) E 4)C 5)E 6) D 7) D 8) B 9) D 10) D (this one was a gimmie) 11) C 12) B (and I'm a little disturbed that I seem to know this one- is this a frequent topic?) 13) A 14) D 15) F (although I would love for it to have been A) How'd I do? And if I got them all, I do promise to abide by that restraining order, I'd totally understand.

Posted by: Nic at July 20, 2006 8:07 AM

Okay, I'm going to totally suck at this but here goes:

1-e
11-a
12-b
13-b
14-c
15-c

Posted by: Corinne at July 20, 2006 8:22 AM

Aight, here we go. Although I must admit, I wanted to put a bunch of the odd ball answers down just for the fun of it b/c interestingly, I can see you liking or doing some of the other answers. teehee ^_~
1.c
2.a
3.f
4.a
5.a
6.c
7.d
8.b
9.e
10.d
11.b
12.b (There is nothing wrong with going commando)
13.c
14.c
15.c (Wyld Stallionz - Totally bitchin' name)

Posted by: Michelle at July 20, 2006 8:25 AM

E
B
D
C
C

Posted by: jennifer at July 20, 2006 8:53 AM

Oh my I could have soooo much fun with this one.
But I already have a cd from you guys (I can't remember why....hmmmmm)
And I says you most resemble John Cryer.

Posted by: Pamalamadingdong at July 20, 2006 9:04 AM

um..well..since i've been winning all sorts of cactus-fish contests...i figured that i'd sit back and let someone else win this time.

also? the questions are making my brain hurt.
but i do know a few of the answers...

Posted by: ali at July 20, 2006 10:04 AM

Love the idea, love the prize but I'm too new to know and honestly haven't gone back to the archives, so I'll have to sit back and cheer on someone far more knowledgeable about you to win.

Although, if there's a prize for getting the most wrong, I'd probably have that one in the bag.

Posted by: Amy at July 20, 2006 10:14 AM

11C
12B
13C
14B
15C

Posted by: Kate the Shrew at July 20, 2006 10:27 AM

I have a cd and I don't have a clue. I think 9 is D though. With all those books, it would make sense even if you never opened any of them.

Posted by: ann adams at July 20, 2006 10:57 AM

Dang! What about us people that tried all 15 questions? Do we get extra prizes for doing them all? *Cagematch time*

Posted by: Michelle at July 20, 2006 11:23 AM

Holy crap, you changed the questions before I could answer! Here's my answers to the old questions anyhow...

1-d
10-d
11-d
12-d
13-c
14-c
15-c

But now that you've changed them:
b, c, d, d, d, b, c.

Posted by: Jen at July 20, 2006 11:30 AM

Oh... can you email me the original list... then maybe I can get at least a couple right... I only know 2 of the ones that you posted.

How about if I just cry and beg... can I still get a cool cd? How about if I send you a cd of one of my favorite local bands, (check out my current post on my blog for a hint of what they sound like) you send me one of your cds... (Yes, I will stoop to... what ever that is that I just stooped to.)

Posted by: Karen at July 20, 2006 11:44 AM

My answers with comments
1)C- although it could be A but there aren't that many blue things to eat unless you put blue food coloring in your mashed potatoes maybe
2)C- your first concert i believe with your dad
3)D - but I'm tempted with C because, at this point, I might be going with the C-always-wins strategy
4)D - the Bibles. Which is probably more than I own and I'm in seminary so that's kind of crazy. I also think you're an avid church visiter - just not during services - because you like architecture. And I know you majored in history at university.
5)C - At least I really, really hope it is. Because it's a great movie.
6)B - But honestly, I really don't want to know about the undies.
7)C - Again with the C. But I know it was one of your band names early on. Wasn't Wyld Stalions from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

Crossing all my fingers and toes...

Posted by: hannah at July 20, 2006 11:46 AM

Oh God, I just glanced at the questions and decided my mind is too fried by the heat to even attempt it. So can I get a CD just because I'm a loyal reader who knows your daughter's name is Mia?

Posted by: Heather at July 20, 2006 11:55 AM

1. When I was a kid, I coined the term “Grover dinner”. This refers to: (WILD-ASS GUESS)
e. An all-dessert dinner

2. My favorite band is:
c. Genesis

3. I am most commonly told I resemble:
d. Jon Cryer

4. Despite my religious beliefs (or lack thereof), I am:
e. Holder of an undergrad degree in religion

5. My favorite movie of all time is:
(A 3-WAY TIE!)
c. The Three Amigos (Sew, old one. Sew like the wind)
d. Logan’s Run (There is no sanctuary!)

6. I wear:
b. Boxers

7. The name of my first band was:
c. Rude Cactus

Regardless of official title, I am the Rude Cactus Freaky Stalker '06. I expect the restraining order any day now, but I will completely ignore it just like that last one! =P

Posted by: Ms. Q at July 20, 2006 12:10 PM

As a fairly new reader, this quiz is entirely too much work, but I'd like to take a guess at question two. It's Air Supply, right?

Posted by: krystyn at July 20, 2006 12:12 PM

Guessing, yo.
b
b
d
b
d
b
c (duh)

Posted by: Elaine at July 20, 2006 12:31 PM

1. When I was a kid, I coined the term “Grover dinner”. This refers to:
a. A dinner in which all food is blue (the dinner of every good liberal)
2. My favorite band is:
c. Genesis
3. I am most commonly told I resemble:
d. Jon Cryer (You are totally Duckie!!!!)
4. Despite my religious beliefs (or lack thereof), I am:
e. Holder of an undergrad degree in religion (This really sucks because I asked you this question recently and you blew me off. I think you actually have a degree in History but maybe it was religion, Chinese something....)
5. My favorite movie of all time is:
d. Logan’s Run (There is no sanctuary!)
6. I wear:
b. Boxers
7. The name of my first band was:
c. Rude Cactus duh!

C'mon give me a challenge here...why dont you ask your SSN, home address and your work phone number. Maauuwwwhhhhh!!!!!

Posted by: linda at July 20, 2006 1:31 PM

I'm too lazy to do this. Can you just put my name in a drawing or something?

Posted by: Debbie at July 20, 2006 1:38 PM

Um...

1. B, although I really want it to be D.
2. C.
3. D. And C is the stuff of nightmares dude.
4. E. Although 27 bibles might get you a record.
5. B.
6. B. Unless it's laundry day?
7. C. Although A is by far my favorite.

Alright I'm probably waaaay to late and most definitely wrong. But it was fun playing. Post the answers!

Posted by: Tink at July 20, 2006 1:45 PM

I hope the answer to number 3 isn't C.

(I've just put my foot way down my throat if it is...)

Posted by: mamatulip at July 20, 2006 1:47 PM

Ok, I'm just taking wild guesses here because well, I just spent 5 hours removing all traces of $%@#*&*&^% viruses from my computer.

1. a
2. c
3. d - p.s. I met Abe Vigoda when I was a kid. Now that I think maybe there is some resemblance there too. ;)
4. d - gotta be more than a few bibles on that bookcase. lol
5. a
6. b
7. c
Now, all of my answers are probably wrong except for 3.
But did I mention I spent 5 HOURS cleaning up my computer - which obviously cut into my time to research before answering.
And I am NOT an IT person. Our IT person? In Israel. On vacation.
Feel sorry for me yet??

Posted by: Traci at July 20, 2006 2:37 PM

okay, this is my best guess:

1. b. Dining while watching Sesame Street
(however, choice D made me laugh out lound and i would totally be down with E)
2. c. Genesis
3. d. Jon Cryer
4. d. The owner of 27 Bibles (but i must admit this one stumped me. however your undergrad degree is history, and you have an enormous collection of books, so i'm going with D.
5. d. Logan’s Run (There is no sanctuary!)
6. b. Boxers
7. c. Rude Cactus

Posted by: suze at July 20, 2006 2:54 PM

b, d, d?, d, e, a, b (c's too easy to be right)

Fingers crossed!

Posted by: Gavin at July 20, 2006 3:50 PM

1.a
2.c
3.d
4.e
5.d
6.b
7.c, but I really like d!

Do I win? Am I even remotely close? Are you having a great summer?

Shash

Posted by: Shash at July 20, 2006 5:23 PM

1.d
2.c
3.c
4.d
5.e
6.c
7.d

I answered these based on what sounded the most off. Just for the hell of it. ;0)

Posted by: Melissa at July 20, 2006 6:02 PM

Much at the risk of sounding like your personal stalker, here goes nothing. Also I see only 7 questions, where are the rest of the 8 qsts? You reduced them to 7 from 15 I assume.

1. When I was a kid, I coined the term “Grover dinner”. This refers to:

6. I wear:
b. Boxers

7. The name of my first band was:
c. Rude Cactus

Hope to win this.

Posted by: Dee at July 20, 2006 9:10 PM

I'm very poorly read when it comes to RC but I'll give it a whirl (that's code for "I'm gonna make uneducated guesses")

1. C
2. D
3. D
4. E
5. B
6. B
7. C

Posted by: Izzy at July 20, 2006 11:00 PM

I started this, then I realized this was more work than I put into my history thesis. Can't you just tell me the songs?

If not, here are my answers:

1. c
2. c
3. c
4. c
5. c
6. c
7. c

Posted by: CroutonBoy at July 21, 2006 10:16 AM

I gotta try cuz I really, really, really want the CD. Oh, and since I read your blog almost every day, but seldom (if ever) comment. How rude am I? I know it's not delurking day, but here it goes anyway:

1. b. Dining while watching Sesame Street
2. c. Genesis
3. d. Jon Cryer
4. d. The owner of 27 Bibles
5. d. Logan’s Run (There is no sanctuary!)
6. b. Boxers
7. c. Rude Cactus

Posted by: unixlass at July 21, 2006 6:09 PM

okok. i'll play, even if i'll LOSE! i thought i played already, but i was at work, and i must've just read the post and not answered. oops. :)

1. a. A dinner in which all food is blue
2. c. Genesis
3. d. Jon Cryer (seriously. hehe)
4. d. The owner of 27 Bibles (with your library, this honestly wouldn't surprise me, hahaa)
5. b. Full Metal Jacket (Five-foot-nine, I didn't know they stacked shit that high.)
6. b. Boxers
7. c. Rude Cactus (regarding d... wasn't that like Bill & Ted's band?? rofl)

Posted by: Manda at July 22, 2006 8:46 AM

1.C
2.C
3.D
4.D
5.A
6.B
7.C

Cheers,
JJ

Posted by: jackassjimmy at July 22, 2006 11:38 AM

I'm still waiting on mine that I fully and rightfully won! ;)

Posted by: VirgoJen at July 23, 2006 12:00 AM

1) b
2) c
3) d
4) b
5) c
6) b
7) c

There were a couple of guesses...The movie one is tricky...

Posted by: Sue at July 23, 2006 5:40 PM

Best pills Online Pharmacy

Posted by: Pills For Men at July 27, 2006 6:38 PM

Hello! http://sudanportal.mrcc.aast.edu/images/ass-fuck.html ass fuck
http://sudanportal.mrcc.aast.edu/images/ass-in-tight-jeans.html ass in tight jeans
http://sudanportal.mrcc.aast.edu/images/big-black-ass.html big black ass