December 27, 2006

Snapshots, Health and Pajama-Burn

...more on Flickr, as always...
I promised you pictures, and pictures you shall have. Head to my Flickr site for more. As evidenced by these pictures, Mia was happy and not throwing up some of the long holiday weekend. I didn't take any shots of the actual vomiting, as I didn't think anyone would particularly care to see that. You're welcome.

You'll be happy to know that a day has passed without illness...and there was some fairly significant playing happening yesterday too! Unfortunately, the night wasn't quite as puke-free - Mia experienced something of a relapse. But back to the playing. All of it focused around the playtime epicenter that is the brand spankin' new kitchen we bought for her. She loves it. And I love to see her loving it. We made this bitchin' spoon casserole this afternoon. I'd be happy to pass along the recipe, although it's pretty easy...air, tiny broiling pan, a spoon and a fake oven...three or four seconds of fake cooking time and you're set. Serves, well, as many as you want.

If I hadn't mentioned it, I'm taking the week off. So, posting will be light. Okay, okay...I'll probably be driven by my insane desire to please and I'll post everyday but just don't expect insightful wit or brilliant social commentary. I'm giving my brain some time to chill.

I do have one question - what genius thought it was a good idea to put rough, rubbery pebbled treads on the soles of PJ feet? Sure, they're grippy when your toddler runs through the house first thing in the morning but when you're curled up in bed with them all night because they're sick and restless, they can give you a massive case of pajama-burn on your nether regions. Hypothetically, of course.

Posted by Chris at December 27, 2006 7:47 AM
Comments

Hopefully the sickness is well and truly gone and the rest of the week will be enjoyable and full of much more kitchen playtime. LOVE the pictures!

Posted by: Alissa at December 27, 2006 8:07 AM

I saw that kitchen and I coveted it!

Posted by: TheQueen at December 27, 2006 8:17 AM

Oh, poor baby (pajama burn). I hope Mia starts another more permanent upturn. You've got two beautiful girls there, Chris, even when they are ill.
Loved all the pictures!

Posted by: Maribeth at December 27, 2006 8:41 AM

My god but she's a beautiful child. I'm not even saying that because she's got Elmo (!) stickers on her hands. :D

You'd better invest in Tylenol stock right now cuz I foresee serious headaches coming your way in about 13 years. oooph. Three words for you: all girl's school.

Posted by: patricia at December 27, 2006 8:43 AM

I'm so glad she's feeling better.

Enjoy your week off - sounds like you all could use it.

Posted by: ann adams at December 27, 2006 9:16 AM

PJ burn - snort!
Hope the sickies have all passed. Glad Mia loves her kitchen.

Posted by: Traci at December 27, 2006 9:31 AM

Dang! Mia's kitchen is even more high-tech than mine! She has an ice maker in her fridge!!

Posted by: Michelle at December 27, 2006 9:41 AM

I had to stop and catch my breath a little after seeing that kitchen. Totally awesome! The pictures are great, as usual. Glad you're getting to take a week off and be at home. You guys always seem to find good ways to spend your downtime together.

Posted by: wordgirl at December 27, 2006 9:54 AM

I'm glad I don't remember having to wear footie pajamas - I hate anything on my feet when I sleep and they would drive me insane now.

Glad Mia's feeling somewhat better and that you had a good Christmas. Hope you have an even better rest of the week off.

Posted by: Jessie at December 27, 2006 10:12 AM

That is one way-cool kitchen set! Looks like Mia will enjoy that for a few years to come, given the size. Looks perfect, actually. Good job Santa!

Hope Beth and Mia are both past the illness, and that you and the g-parents didn't catch it. No way to spend a week off, eh?

Posted by: coolchick at December 27, 2006 10:13 AM

PJs with feet; hate 'em. That's what scissors are for. ;-)

Glad everyone is feeling better.

Posted by: ewe_are_here at December 27, 2006 10:27 AM

I am glad your Christmas was wonderful. I know it was from a couple days ago, but I also just loved the New Orleans music from the studio 60 show. Thanks for sharing it. For us more techincally challenged, is there a way you could /would send me this music in a file I could save for my personal use? I appreciate it. Love your site. Pam

Posted by: pam at December 27, 2006 10:28 AM

Taking the week off here as well. Enjoy your time, and fight the compulsion to blog, unless you really want to.

Spoon casserole sounds great!

Posted by: Jeff at December 27, 2006 11:14 AM

Great pics! I have to admit I have kitchen envy though!

Posted by: Doll House Lover at December 27, 2006 11:38 AM

I remember those pebbly grippy things being not-so-comfortable from the inside either (on the bottoms of the little feet inside the pjs. And I have to say, although you can tell she is sick, I really kind of like the picture of her lying lethargically in front of her kitchen.

Posted by: Judy at December 27, 2006 12:07 PM

Hypothetically, yes.

Posted by: Heather at December 27, 2006 12:30 PM

I'm glad to hear that things are getting better (healthwise) in your house.

Enjoy your week off. I'm working half days from home this week, and it's almost like being on vacation. Today I was entertained by the lady who cleans our house. I rarely see her, and it was nice to hear how her family's doing. She's been cleaning this house since she was a newly wed, and that's quite a while ago.

Posted by: cassie-b at December 27, 2006 1:58 PM

Mmmm, spoon casserole. Much better than the mud pies and loogie burgers my brothers made as kids. Enjoy your vacation!

Posted by: Tink at December 27, 2006 4:20 PM

Dig the Waterford shot. Way to break out the wedding crystal! Love the twinkle on the table.

(We have the same ones!)

Posted by: Pammer at December 27, 2006 5:04 PM

Hmm, wouldn't know about the pajama-burn. But it looks like the vomiting stopped long enough to enjoy the holiday a little bit. Great pics as always!

Posted by: Beth in StL at December 27, 2006 7:55 PM

Hmmm... spoon casserole, huh? I guess it sounds alright, but you haven't had anything until you've had pancake lasagne with rice and syrup on top.

My niece and I played grocery store with her awesome new grocery cart. After she purchased her groceries, she then made me several nice meals. I'll see if I can get Mia some of her recipes.

Posted by: angela at December 27, 2006 9:00 PM

Looks like an amazingly good Christmas despite the illnesses. Is it just me or does Mia get cuter every day?

Posted by: Krush at December 27, 2006 10:11 PM

Pajama burn? That's your story? Okay.

Saw some pictures of her rocking the kitchen over at Beth's. Looks like a huge hit. Glad she's enjoying it.

Posted by: Annie at December 27, 2006 10:54 PM

I know I'm late...but Merry Christmas and I hope everyone is feeling better now.

Posted by: Adi at December 28, 2006 3:42 AM

Hooray! Cream-colored puppy won the vote!

Posted by: ktjrdn at December 28, 2006 8:24 AM

Loved the pictures! I'm happy Mia is feeling better. She looks absolutely beautiful in the pics as do all of you. Enjoy your time off from work!

Posted by: Dee at December 28, 2006 8:06 PM

you'll be more gratefull for the rubbery spots on footsies when Mia is tearing around at full speed more.. We constantly have wipeouts in socks, and the owies are not pretty.

Posted by: raine at January 3, 2007 11:25 AM