March 22, 2007

(Things That Make Me Go) Hmmm

My Day. I thought yesterday was hellish. Boy was I wrong. Check out today's calendar.

Oh, and yeah, I realize I don't know how to spell aforementioned. It's early, people.

Items Caught In my Spam Filter. Erection sent a curious message entitled What Is Erectile Dysfunction? You'd think good old Erection would know. Curious Toronto kept it simple; the subject line simply read Zero. Qmana Extort wants you to know that it's Not My Protuberant while Ms. Lawrenta Hugo wanted to discuss Your Email Result (won)! but since my curiosity is sated in the subject line, it's just one less piece of spam I have to open. Messages from both Wesley Snipes and Jennifer Lopez were accidentally routed to my spam box. I'm not sure why except that, once opened, I was confronted by some pretty impressive images of, um, rather mature women, um, let's use the phrase going out for a Sunday drive if you know what I mean. Of course, above all, I was really happy to hear from my old friend Lame Thug.

Death of A Strange Dude. Larry "Bud" Melman died. What was kind of sad about this funny guy's passing? The last line of the CNN story. "There will be no funeral service for DeForest, who left no survivors."

The Radio. On the way home from work yesterday, I heard a peculiar ad on the radio. The ad's slogan? Donate your used car to the blind. Now, I know what they mean but my first thought? Does this country really need more crappy drivers?

Posted by Chris at March 22, 2007 7:33 AM
Comments

When are you eating lunch? Are the Overpriced Product Demo people feeding you?

Posted by: Alissa at March 22, 2007 7:51 AM

Eeek. That schedule makes me want to go back to bed and hide under the covers. And its not even MY schedule. Hope it goes fast.

Posted by: motherofbun at March 22, 2007 8:10 AM

Larry Bud..rest in peace.

Posted by: William at March 22, 2007 8:21 AM

So let me get this straight. The biggest block of time is set aside for a 2-hour demonstration of something you won't ever buy? Sounds like time well-spent to me! :)

Posted by: Zandria at March 22, 2007 9:06 AM

The students are on spring break this week. We've done lab upgrades but now we don't have much to do. So, I brought in my wii and we're going to play some wii tennis this afternoon.

If it makes you feel any better, I spent the first half of the week trapped in the most boring training seminar of all time. So I feel your pain.

Posted by: Hope at March 22, 2007 9:20 AM

I still can't figure out why drive up ATM's have braille on the buttons and why there is a sign on the door of McDonalds saying Braille menu available?!?!?!

Posted by: Jeff A at March 22, 2007 9:33 AM

Meetings seem to be such a big part of your day. Do the Powers That Be at your place of work ever give you guys time to actually...um...work? Or is it all about sitting around a big table and controlling your urge to strangle someone?

Posted by: wordgirl at March 22, 2007 10:00 AM

Posted by: wordgirl at March 22, 2007 10:00 AM

ha! i'm with Jeff...braille at drive-up atms! what's up with that??!!

(and what exactly does it mean when you donate your car to the blind???)

Posted by: ali at March 22, 2007 10:46 AM

That's great. There's nothing like brainless meetings to ruin productivity. Those kinds of days make a person WANT a blind driver to run them over.

Posted by: Stacy at March 22, 2007 10:53 AM

That's probably the most entertaining calendar I've ever read. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever read an entertaining calendar, at least not one that didn't have girls in bikinis in it. Your days look like mine: all meetings with no time for actual work.

Posted by: Holmes at March 22, 2007 10:56 AM

How did you copy my calendar from yesterday and then add completely appropriate yet hilarious descriptions??

I'm in a good mood - my weekly Everlasting Nails-on-Chalkboard Torture board meeting (7 hours) got cancelled today. Now I'm hiding from all those people who want to schedule new meetings in that timeframe.

Posted by: KathyK at March 22, 2007 11:26 AM

Oh, that *is* sad.

Posted by: candace at March 22, 2007 11:31 AM

This is the most detailed blog I've ever seen. Love the reading recommendations. Will definitely return for more!

Posted by: amyh at March 22, 2007 12:53 PM

When do you find time to work?

Wait.. I do see a spot between 10 and 10:30 .. Or is that lunch?

Posted by: Molly at March 22, 2007 12:57 PM

Good luck making it through the day.

(Back when I used to have to go to a ton of meetings, I would take work find puzzles and tape them to the inside of my notebook. It looked like I was taking notes,when in reality I was doing the puzzle. Just a suggestion.)

(Of course you won't want to try that on the meetings that you are in charge of. Yeah, that won't work.)

Posted by: Isabel at March 22, 2007 2:08 PM

good luck with that schedule! i loved the parenthetical explanations though hah

Posted by: kate at March 22, 2007 2:13 PM

that's so sad about Larry Bud.

Posted by: kalisah at March 22, 2007 9:08 PM

Your calendar looks awful. Most importantly, when do you eat??

Posted by: angela at March 22, 2007 9:57 PM

Dude, that is one seriously effed up day on your calendar!

Posted by: coolchick at March 22, 2007 10:18 PM

Do you even like your job?

Posted by: Katherine NYC at March 23, 2007 12:12 PM

Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh! I enjoyed that post :)

Posted by: Nadine at March 23, 2007 4:32 PM

That is so sad that Melman's not going to have a funeral. Even if he didn't have any survivors, I'm sure a friend or two would show up. David Letterman might go. Perhaps a niece or long lost nephew? That just makes me a little depressed.

Posted by: Sijbrich at March 23, 2007 5:08 PM

That's well known that cash makes us free. But what to do if one does not have money? The only one way is to receive the business loans or financial loan.

Posted by: ESPERANZAGarrett29 at February 18, 2011 2:48 PM