March 16, 2007

Schadenfreude Friday: The Case Of The Missing Schadenfreude

I was in an all-day meeting yesterday. It was, no shit, 12 hours long. As painful as I'm sure that sounds, it was really a pretty great day. But I'm now braindead. And? Braindead? I already mentioned that I'm brainded? Sorry. Must be because I'm braindead.

All that good strategic thinking left me without the good quality time necessary to get my schadenfreude on. So it's your turn. Yes, your turn to clue me in to the weekly schadenfreude I'm too braindead to deliver to you this Friday. Let's have it - tell me about the good, the bad and the ugly.

Once you're done, check out some magically cute booty-shakin' over at Beth's Playgroup Dropout site. Watch it, and you'll get twice your recommended daily allowance of cute. Warning - there is danger of cute overload. Consider yourself warned.

Posted by Chris at March 16, 2007 7:01 AM
Comments

It has been one of those four letter work weeks for me, so this is probably going to be lame.

Her elevator obviously doesn't go to the top floor. How else can you explain her staying with someone with that kind of record?

Posted by: Maria at March 16, 2007 7:29 AM

As much of a dick I can be and I can't manage to think of anything schadenfreuden to say. I must be having a better week than I thought.

Posted by: tesco at March 16, 2007 7:36 AM

From Reuters: "Mayan leaders will spiritually "cleanse" ancient ruins in Guatemala after a visit by U.S. President George W. Bush, unpopular here because of foreign policies going back to Central America's civil wars.
The leaders said they would hold a spiritual ceremony to restore "peace and harmony" at the Mayan ruins of Iximche after Bush tours the site on Monday."

I'm sorry, but I got a kick out of this and actually laughed out loud when NPR broke the story. Seriously? Cleanse the site? Because honestly, I can totally relate. If I actually met the man, I might need a good long bath afterwards....

Posted by: Corinne at March 16, 2007 7:45 AM

Looks like Seth MacFarlane might have gone too far this time...

the question is, can you copyright an ear pull?

Posted by: SciFi Dad at March 16, 2007 7:49 AM

Wow...that was cute overload.

Posted by: daisy at March 16, 2007 8:33 AM

This one just cracks me up! Oh no, they're giving you dirty looks at the grocery store! Like Prince Frederic von Anhalt goes grocery shopping! Give me a break!

Posted by: Michelle at March 16, 2007 8:33 AM

Hope next week is better for you.

It's been fun watching the squirming going on in Washington, DC and wondering which heads will roll of course.

Alberto Gonzales looked like a bug on the end of a pin and Peter Pace didn't fare a whole lot better.

There may be hope.

Enjoy your weekend.

Posted by: ann adams at March 16, 2007 9:00 AM

This seems to be pretty big news as it's due to release today or sometime soon. When you're the 1000th sex tape to come out, why are you surprised? Idiot. Idiot who let a guy pee in her mouth (from what I've heard).

Posted by: Brad at March 16, 2007 9:30 AM

Well that just put the biggest sile on this old face. Thank for the smiles. Mia is a star!

Posted by: Patrice Vicory at March 16, 2007 9:32 AM

Well, apparently Britney Spears left rehab again. Apparently to go to Kevin Federline's birthday party. Because, we all know that a party is a GREAT excuse to leave rehab...

Both democrats AND republicans are calling for the resignation of Alberto Gonzales. That's gotta sting.

And Viacom is suing YouTube for copyright infringement.

Posted by: Hope at March 16, 2007 9:43 AM

To add to Hope's bit, apparently Brit Brit has found herself a sweetie in rehab as well.

And get this.... Angelina Jolie has adopted another child. This time, it's a 3 yr old Vietnamese boy. What's the first thing she does? She changes the child's name!! WHAT? He's 3 yrs old people. Not 3 weeks old. Certainly a 3 yr old knows his own name. And she changed it. That's just plain ol' wrong in my book.

Posted by: coolchick at March 16, 2007 9:50 AM

It sounds like we're having the same week! I'm afraid that in order to contribute a Schadenfreude, I'd have to have seen the news or read a newspaper in the last four days. I've got nothing. Just meetings and the cold from hell.

Posted by: bad penguin at March 16, 2007 9:52 AM

Well, as a rabid Jayhawk fan, all I can say is it's been a long time coming ... Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Duke gets knocked out of the NCAA tournament in the first round! (OK, well, yeah, we did the last two years, but we hate Duke around here.) Go VCU!!!!!!

Posted by: Heather at March 16, 2007 10:03 AM

I don't have any schadenfreude (it's 7am and I am being picked up in 2 hours... and I am reading blogs instead of packing for my weekend away with my best friend...). I just came to give you MAD PROPS for teaching Mia the booty shake. Because that is so damn cute. Excuse me, I need to go get some cavities filled before I eat breakfast...

Posted by: Teenuh at March 16, 2007 10:06 AM

Obviously, the booty shakin' is disgustingly cute. You daughter is beyond adorable. But upon watching the video, the most emphasized thought in my head was, "Sweet Jesus! Who has the amount of patience it takes to hang all of those photographs in the kitchen IN A PERFECT LINE?!" Bravo my friend. Bra-vo.

Posted by: smoness at March 16, 2007 10:38 AM

What? I'm sorry? I didn't pay attention to your blog because I'm OD'ed on CUUUUUUUUUTE!

Posted by: oakley at March 16, 2007 12:59 PM

Saw this and thought of you:

I can't say for sure there's no photoshopping of the photos, but they're a great illustration of what the past years may have done to GWB anyway. Also a snippet about his drinking and general craziness, though I think at this point it wouldn't come as a huge surprise to anyone. I am so tired of this man.

Hope you guys have a great weekend! I can't wait to see what new tricks you teach Mia :)

Posted by: Laura GF at March 16, 2007 2:03 PM

Awww, the cute little Mia dancing.

Braindead, yep that's the result of a day full of meetings. I know the feeling :)

Posted by: Nadine at March 16, 2007 2:58 PM

I just found out that the evil Kyle Sampson who just got fired from the US Attorney General's office was actually a pretty good friend of mine during our freshman year of college.

Blink Blink.

Posted by: jen at March 16, 2007 3:02 PM

This one is pretty damn funny too! Why would you even keep your prison ID???? lmao

Posted by: Michelle at March 16, 2007 3:12 PM

Just reading that you were in a 12 hour meeting has made me braindead too.

Or perhaps it WAS the cute overload.

Posted by: Alyndabear at March 16, 2007 6:24 PM

That video is too cute for words, she has learnt it so well...you have done a great job of teaching her that :D...now its a time for your video doing the same (LOL)

Posted by: Dee at March 16, 2007 11:52 PM

I saw a story on CNN where they are making a live action game out of crossing the border. Soledad O'brien was in a group of 50, and a lot of them were kids from scouts troops. Who would pay to do this? Apparently, it's a tourist adventure run by the Nanu indigenous people.

Posted by: nila at March 17, 2007 4:37 AM

I check out the video...and thanks for the warning. That KC song brings back old memories and I love watching Mia getting down with her bad self.

Posted by: wordgirl at March 17, 2007 12:04 PM

Damn the long work days.

Yesterday everyone at work left HOURS early because of the planned anti-war protest. Hooray for leaving work early. The best part was that the protest wasn't that big because of the damn rain here in Seattle. So, basically we got to leave early for nothing.

Again, hooray for leaving work early.

(and also, the war sucks. That is all.)

Posted by: Isabel at March 20, 2007 12:19 PM