March 6, 2007

A Picture, Three Conversations and Booty Shaking

One: The Brush
He: This is a fucking great brush.
She: Huh?
He: This brush...it's fucking great!
She: It's a brush...for the dishes.
He: I know! And it's fucking great!
She: I didn't know you had such strong feelings.
He: I likes me a good brush.
She: Obviously.

Two: Yub Yub
Beth: IEEEEEE!
Bean: IEEEEEE!
Me: Is this a squealing contest?
Beth: IEEEEEEEEEE!!
Bean: IEEEEEEEEEE!!
Me: Or did someone just run over an Ewok?

Three: My Left Foot
Colleague: He really gave this report his all.
Me: Good. I appreciate that.
Colleague: Me too.
Me: Hell of a lot better than giving just, say, your left foot.
Colleague: Uh-huh.
Me: Especially when they, you know, put their left foot in then take their left foot out. Then put it in again and shake it all about.
Colleague: You okay?
Me: Not especially.

And I'm not. I'm a little under the weather, actually. Somewhat heavy weather. The good news is that, while I had seven meetings yesterday (no shit), I only have two today. I might just survive after all. The other good news is that I taught Mia how to shake her booty last night. It was awesome, as you might imagine.

And how are you?

Posted by Chris at March 6, 2007 7:23 AM
Comments

Doing good. Although feeling a little like a schlub on the meeting front. I only had four yesterday and four today. Actually, I could do without any meetings, now that I'm thinking about it. I have work to do!

Feel better!

Posted by: Empress at March 6, 2007 7:48 AM

T I R E D
have a 3 week old and a 2 yr old, nuff said.
Booty shaking, too cute!

Posted by: Danielle at March 6, 2007 7:53 AM

i love to start my day off with a good booty shakin'! Go Mia!

Posted by: kristen at March 6, 2007 7:55 AM

Well, I'd be better if I could see the booty-shaking. I think a video is in order :-)

Feel better!

Posted by: Alissa at March 6, 2007 7:58 AM

I have to head down to VA Beach next week for a meeting. Ugh. No fair going to a town with "beach" in the name if you actually aren't going to see the beach.

I loves me a good brush, too, especially for the dishes.

Posted by: Nicole at March 6, 2007 8:00 AM

DEFCON 3 stress level, but thanks for asking.

Feel better!

Posted by: Wicked H at March 6, 2007 8:25 AM

shaking booty video please. :)

Posted by: ali at March 6, 2007 8:35 AM

I REALLY can't wait until the booty-shaking lessons commence at our house.

Also, your wife can't make fun of you for your excitement over the brush if she's as excited as she seems to be about this vacuum. Which, I may be as well. Will you buy me a vacuum like hers?

Posted by: Leah at March 6, 2007 8:41 AM

I hope you feel better soon. And just think, Mia will probably use those booty shaking skills more than you want to know when she's in college;)

Posted by: Heather at March 6, 2007 8:45 AM

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Booty shakin' by children is too cute...and should make anyone feel better.

Posted by: daisy at March 6, 2007 8:46 AM

I had my first PT on my knee yesterday and all I can say is IEEEEEEEEE!

Posted by: Maribeth at March 6, 2007 8:49 AM

Doing great, thanks for asking. Sorry you are under the weather. Nothing serious I hope. Same stuff Beth had?

And I agree that a booty shakin' video should be in our near futures. We all deserve a little booty shakin'.

Feel better soon! (take huge doses of zinc)

Posted by: coolchick at March 6, 2007 8:51 AM

Well, even if you're not feeling that great, you can still make me laugh in the mornings. Random gibberish is quite amusing when you look back on it. Get feeling better soon!

Posted by: Heather at March 6, 2007 9:36 AM

I was in Blockbuster just the other day, and I saw a guy wearing your "Not W for the president but for the local baseball team" cap. And my first thought was, "what the heck is he doing in my Blockbuster?!" Then the guy turned around (the cap was backwards) and he looked not a damn thing like you... and I was kind-of dissappointed.

Get to feeling better soon!

Posted by: smoness at March 6, 2007 9:41 AM

Seven meetings in one day is way more than any sane person should have to deal with.

Posted by: Zandria at March 6, 2007 9:42 AM

A bit tired because I'm trying to cut back on coffee, starting yesterday, but otherwise good. I'm always surprised when my co-workers are freaked out by even the slightest bit of goofy behavior. Who are these people? Why are they so serious all the time.

Posted by: Holmes at March 6, 2007 9:50 AM

I was just lamenting our lack of a dish scrubbing brush this week. I'm going to have to get me one of them.

I am so very busy. It's annual review time here, so I feel like all I'm doing is writing up reviews, conducting reviews, helping my employees with the reviews they have to conduct for their direct reports or being reviewed myself, all on top of my usual busy schedule. But I do have a raise and a bonus coming next week, so I can't really complain.

Posted by: bad penguin at March 6, 2007 9:53 AM

I'm good... laughing at that left foot one...

Oh, I have to share... it's a good share though. Was driving home last night, and on the car radio there was a guy burping, then kids giggling... them more burping, more giggling... then fake snoring and hysterical giggling... Grossology at the MD Science Center... You, I mean Mia, would love it!

Posted by: Karen at March 6, 2007 10:47 AM

Ooh! Are you going to share a video clip of Mia dancing? Please! The day sucked, but at least you ended it on the right note.

I am EXHAUSTED. Today is the ninth consecutive 10+ hour day that I've worked. My body aches and I'm congested because I'm so tired.

Hope you feel better soon.

Posted by: Maria at March 6, 2007 11:03 AM

I demand a video of the booty shaking!

Who's with me!?

Posted by: oakley at March 6, 2007 11:17 AM

Sam's fever is gone but has left a cough in its wake. I'm fighting a sinus thing and am super sore from sleeping on Sam's floor.

Those Hokey-Pokeyers are the worst.

Posted by: Annie at March 6, 2007 11:24 AM

We taught Zoey how to shake her booty too, except when she sang the song it went like this:

Shake shake shake
Shake shake shake
Shake your booooby
Shake your boooooby!

Posted by: Brad at March 6, 2007 11:26 AM

I'd like to join the throng of fans requesting a booty-shaking clip!

How'm I? Busy, busy, happy, sore, sleepy! The 40 hour a week cubicle gig is busier and better paying thanks to a promotion, I've got freelance work, my credit card balance is ZEEERO (kiss my @ss, creditors!!), I've been training for roller derby like a manaic, and (for the first time in 20 years) I've been falling asleep before 10pm.

Eep, don't succumb to the flu! Find and drink Emer'gen-C vitamin supplements asap - raspberry is the best flavor!

Posted by: Betti at March 6, 2007 11:30 AM

argh ... I'm still bitter about the Ewok song being replaced in the celebration scene of ROTJ! I can see the reason why Lucas did it ... I don't fault him for that ... but I would have been much happier if they included it as a special feature on the DVD. Isn't that what DVD's are for!?

As a consolation prize to myself, I did just find a barbershop version of Yub-nub which is very, very wrong (yet very amusing at the same time): http://youtube.com/watch?v=IN62wqBdbxA

Posted by: airwick at March 6, 2007 12:22 PM

well at least you're still very funny when you're sick :P i hope you feel better soon!

Posted by: kate at March 6, 2007 1:20 PM

tired. stressed. perhaps i should try shaking my booty.

Posted by: jodi at March 6, 2007 1:24 PM

What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about? :P
I think some upcoming video of Mia showing off her new dance moves may be required :-)

Posted by: Heather at March 6, 2007 1:32 PM

I'm good, if not a little bit stiff and sore. I had my first appointment with a personal trainer yesterday. It was hard, and my body is protesting, but I'm happy. This is something I've needed for a long time.

And would you throttle me if I said I miss having a job that requires me to go to meetings?

Posted by: Judy at March 6, 2007 1:39 PM

Poor Ewoks!

In other news, the booty shaking sounds fabulous!

Posted by: Alyndabear at March 6, 2007 3:04 PM

One has to ask one's self what they have done in their past lives to deserve, backing out to go to work, at the ripe hour of O:dark-thirty, to find, in the middle of the night, your gutters have fallen off and are being precariously held on by the power lines.

I swear whatever it was...I didn't do it.

Cheers,
JJ

Posted by: JJ at March 6, 2007 7:00 PM

Today was another day in a line of days that blur together because there is so much to be done at the office that we all have started feeling like mice in wheels. We just keep running and running and running, yet we're covering no ground and we really have nothing to show for it except for crappy attitudes. On the upside, I worked out (for the first time ever) with my husband today and I am SO better at the workout than he is (nevermind the fact that I've been doing it for 6 months and this is his 4th time).

Posted by: Emily at March 6, 2007 8:01 PM

Yeah, I think you're going to have to give us a video of that girl of yours booty-shaking.

Posted by: Beth in StL at March 6, 2007 9:12 PM

The Hokey Pokey.
Hope you feel better soon.
At least your catching up on the important things in life, booty shaking is a much important lesson in a childs life, and much better she learn it from you than say Britney Spears.

Posted by: Toni-Marie at March 6, 2007 9:45 PM

Same as you...minus the meetings. I guess I'm wondering where everyone is. Do comments seem light to you?

Posted by: wordgirl at March 6, 2007 11:11 PM

I take it your colleague doesn't have kids. Or, he has older kids. Funnee!!! that could totally be a comic....All of it.

Posted by: Haley-O at March 7, 2007 2:19 PM

Even better when I don't put my left foot in my mouth. Love Mia and the mirror.

Posted by: ann adams at March 7, 2007 7:13 PM

I had got a dream to start my firm, however I didn't earn enough amount of cash to do that. Thank heaven my close colleague said to take the loans. Thence I received the credit loan and made real my desire.

Posted by: HENRIETTAJackson18 at May 18, 2010 4:50 AM