April 30, 2007

Weekend Recap: The Zoo!

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, which, in this instance means that, the better the weekend, the faster it seemed to disappear. The weekend felt as if it was, oh, fifteen minutes long.

Friday was chill (yo). We hung out, got Mia to bed and caught up on some hot TiVo action. [Aside: Two brief observations - Grey's Anatomy keeps getting sillier and Lost just needs to answer some freaking questions. What the hell is happening to all the good stuff on TV? The Sopranos is a snooze-fest, House has been pretty much reduced to the same episode each week and CSI is more laughably silly than it ever has been.] So, basically, we watched shitty TV and went to bed. That's a good night in my book.

Beth and Mia went to visit Beth's parents (Nana and Papa, if you're keeping score at home). They were taking care of my brother-in-law's dog for the weekend. Big fun was had by all. I stayed home and caught up on about 2,305 things I've been meaning to take care of for weeks an eternity although I'm having a hard time actually listing what I accomplished. I started a book, burned some backup CDs, listened to some music, worked on some code for the site, answered email, edited pictures...you get the drift. The rest of the day was spent playing. As it should be.

Saturday was like an opening band taking the stage. Sunday was the headliner. We went to the zoo, not just to see the requisite lions, tigers and bears (oh my!) but to meet Nadine, FreezeM, their son Tim (as yet, blogless but I have no doubt that will change) and Zandria! The day itself was gorgeous, the zoo was hopping and the company was excellent. At least, it was on our end. I might have come off like a complete dork with the social skills of a fine pasteurized cheese. It was insanely cool to meet folks I've been blogging with for years. And Mia absolutely loved Tim. I mean, there was kissing and more than a few mentions of Tim throughout the afternoon and evening.

And there it is, in a nutshell. The weekend. Okay, enough. This Monday thing isn't funny anymore. Pass the coffee and tell me it's Friday.

Posted by Chris at April 30, 2007 7:21 AM
Comments

Look at all the pretty people! :-)

I worked about 17 hours this weekend, from home on Saturday and in the office on Sunday. I wish I could tell you it was Friday because I'm already tired.

Posted by: Maria at April 30, 2007 8:00 AM

Yay! The Zoo! I love the zoo. I went to Australia Zoo (crocodile hunter place) last week in fact. I'm almost getting to the stage where I can't go without people looking at me funny because I don't have a kid at the petting zoo portion of the place. Where's the rule that you need a kid to go to the zoo anyway? Gah!

Posted by: E :) at April 30, 2007 8:10 AM

Wish I could. I would like this week to evaporate as well.
Good picture of everyone, and the meet-up sounds like fun.
My weekend, shopping, playing with puppies (they're 5 months old now!), and cleaning up after puppy. (The little female is all trained, but the boy, well, little slow!) All in all, not too bad.

Posted by: Maribeth at April 30, 2007 8:29 AM

I just love hearing about blogger meet-ups for some reason.

Oh, and it's totally Friday. I'm hoping if we all keep saying that it'll make it true. It's Friday.

Posted by: Fraulein N at April 30, 2007 9:05 AM

wow. what an attractive group you are...

Posted by: suze at April 30, 2007 9:22 AM

TV is getting very annoying (except Heroes). Especially LOST. I'm probably going to keep watching til the end, but I really want the series to end next season.

Posted by: Denise at April 30, 2007 9:34 AM

you need to play a drinking game while watching sopranos. we talked about it last night while we were watching with friends. would have made it much more interesting.
shots for:
any time tony's in his bathrobe
any time someone says whoo-er
any time tony's cell rings
any time we see melfi's bad acting.

Posted by: ali at April 30, 2007 9:53 AM

Chris, I am extremely disappointed in you. Getting my web address wrong after all these years? I mean, hello? Zandria.com? No, no, no.

Good people, it's http://zandria.us

It was really nice getting to meet you after all this time. And there was nothing wrong with your social skills. :)

Posted by: Zandria at April 30, 2007 10:01 AM

The weather was gorgeous all weekend, wasn't it? That's what spring is supposed to be like.

What is the deal with the Sopranos this season? It has been so boring.

Does Mia have a favorite animal at the zoo?

Posted by: bad penguin at April 30, 2007 10:03 AM

"worked on some code", huh? Sounds euphamismy.

Also, dude, Soprano's is boring as hell. I watched it for the first time in a year last nite. What happened?

Posted by: andy at April 30, 2007 10:58 AM

I love meeting bloggers even when I have to drive 135 miles to San Francisco to do it.

Posted by: ann adams at April 30, 2007 11:09 AM

So when does Mia get her own blog then?

Posted by: Heather at April 30, 2007 11:10 AM

Sounds like a fun weekend.. Ours went away too quickly as well..

I stopped watching house because it seemed like everyone either had some parasite eating away at some part of their body that was making them crazy or they had an STD.

We have Heroes and 24 on Mondays
Jericho on Wednesdays
And I know that there are a couple of others in between, but we Tivo them.. and I think we have some full seasons to catch up on one of these days..

Posted by: Molly at April 30, 2007 11:26 AM

yes, the weekends always seem to fly when there is fun to be had. My daughter loves the zoo, now that the weather is nicer I intend to take her soon. Before it gets too hot! I'd like to tell you that Friday will be here soon, but id be a liar. sorry :(

Posted by: MadMom at April 30, 2007 12:05 PM

Will you hate me if I confess that I took today off, just for the hell of it?

Posted by: sandra at April 30, 2007 12:07 PM

It was great to meet you! The zoo was fun and you are not cheese. As I am Dutch, I know everything about cheese :)

What a shame you have to work, it's such lovely weather outside :)

Posted by: Nadine at April 30, 2007 3:04 PM

glad you had a fun weekend...sorry it had to end. But hey, it's Friday! No?

Posted by: Michele at April 30, 2007 3:44 PM

You guys are the best looking bunch of people on earth EVER! :)

Posted by: Dee at April 30, 2007 4:55 PM

i agree with you completely on the grey's anatomy thing. katie (inapuddle.com) and i were just talking about this the other day....it's gotten -really- bad. and what's with the "behind-the-scenes with denny" a few weeks ago? lame.

Posted by: reb at April 30, 2007 7:44 PM

How social of you guys to meet up with other bloggers! Nice!

Well, Monday's over now! Have a donut or something. :) Friday will be here before ya know it.

Posted by: Haley-O at April 30, 2007 8:54 PM

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Hopefully the week goes by quickly so that you can have another one.

Posted by: angela at April 30, 2007 10:27 PM

I agree. Grey's is ridiculous and Lost is...I don't know what. But I will keep watching. Because I have to.

Posted by: Jenn at May 1, 2007 12:18 AM

Hey! Send Zandria back to California! I liked having her here!

Posted by: Janet at May 1, 2007 10:56 PM

That is so cool you all got together!!! I know the bloggers!!! Well not really know but you know...

Posted by: Mrs Mogul at May 3, 2007 8:33 AM