April 19, 2007

Oh my peter!* I'm feeling pretty banged up this morning. I'll blame the late nights and interrupted sleep with a sick child. And the 10+ hour days at work, all day meetings, and dinners on Capital Hill. I started working at 6:30 yesterday morning...and ended up getting home at 9. The good thing? Today is my Friday. Yep, I'm taking the day off tomorrow.

One question - do I smell? As always I thank everyone who stops by on a regular basis. I know I've been delinquent in my own commenting. But, you know, I'm an insecure son of a bitch. So, delurk and comment today. Let me know what's up.

Finally, I've been featured over on BloggerView. Very cool site so go check out my interview and poke around and read the other goodness.

Meanwhile, I'll be pulling a Costanza, napping under my desk.

* an expression Elvis frequently used to express surprise.

Posted by Chris at April 19, 2007 7:34 AM
Comments

Hey Chris.

Posted by: William at April 19, 2007 7:54 AM

hey- i'm on vacation this week (don't hurt me) so i've been catching up on reading. But I check in with you every day. you're awesome. (which, my now 5 year old says WAY too often.)

is it spring where you are? cuz I'm hating the rain and cold we've had in MA for almost a week now.

Posted by: Sharri at April 19, 2007 7:57 AM

Hi! I'm here, still reading. I just haven't commented in a really long time. Heck, I hardly even have time to update my own blog. I have a sleepless 7 month old over here, so I feel your pain.

Posted by: Heather J. at April 19, 2007 7:57 AM

I'm jealous of your early Friday. So jealous, in fact, that I may just do the same thing!

OK, off to read your interview. Happy Early Friday!

Posted by: Alissa at April 19, 2007 7:58 AM

That must've been during Elvis' later years involving the mountains of sweet delicious heroin and deep-fried whatnot.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at April 19, 2007 8:06 AM

*waves* Still here!

Enjoy your day off, by the sounds of it, you deserve it.

Posted by: s@m at April 19, 2007 8:11 AM

hang in there...
it is my Friday too...every other Friday I am off and tomorrow is the other! yay!
Enjoy the weekend! Take a nap!

Posted by: Steff at April 19, 2007 8:12 AM

*delurking* Hi! Hope you have wonderful things planned with the family on your day off. Enjoy it!

Posted by: Colleen at April 19, 2007 8:21 AM

hiya~~~

Posted by: sue at April 19, 2007 8:26 AM

Told you it was coming.

Posted by: Mrs. Cactus at April 19, 2007 8:29 AM

I suck at commenting AND posting lately.

Posted by: Leah at April 19, 2007 8:36 AM

As long you don't sleep with the cleaning lady on top of the desk!

Posted by: Karen at April 19, 2007 8:52 AM

Checking in.

(Although I must ask, what do you want from me? I comment at least 2x a week as it is...)

Posted by: SciFi Dad at April 19, 2007 8:53 AM

for real? did elvis really say that? wow.

Posted by: Nicole at April 19, 2007 8:56 AM

May I suggest if you're going to pull a Costanza you use a digital alarm clock rather than a ticking one ;) then you won't get busted like George!!
Happy Friday to you... wish it was mine!!
PS you don't smell

Posted by: Steph at April 19, 2007 9:02 AM

This is my Friday too, effective at noon today. I'm headed to Nashville to see my parents and my sister's new baby and my grandmother who is visiting, and hopefully inject a little levity into my life. I live in Christiansburg, VA so this week has been a little more than overwhelming.

Posted by: jaime at April 19, 2007 9:02 AM

Still here...not writing on my site and not really commenting either...saving all my words for my two papers that are due in the next week. Happy Friday to you.

Posted by: Krush at April 19, 2007 9:12 AM

I can't tell if you smell. I don't have that option on my computer. But...I doubt it. Things have been pretty quiet in the blog world. Lots of folks giving birth, moving or simply giving up blogging for good. I don't have the audience you do so any decrease in commenting is fairly devastating.

Posted by: wordgirl at April 19, 2007 9:21 AM

Its still pretty early in the morning, but suddenly I find myself craving a peanut butter and banana sandwich...

Posted by: J at April 19, 2007 9:34 AM

Wait just a minute? I just finished trying to cram 9 days worth of work into 2 1/2 days - because of vacation and an unexpected April snow day - and you want me to be coherent enough to comment? Uh-uh. Ain't gonna happen.

Posted by: Traci at April 19, 2007 9:38 AM

Hoorah for long weekends! Sounds like you need one. Enjoy!

Posted by: donna at April 19, 2007 9:40 AM

Chris:
I read you everyday. However, I'm all wrapped up in the nonsense that is my life right now and I rarely comment on anybody.... so sorry, it's so rude.
I have no excuse. I'm going through the Big D and I'm self involved.
Bite me.
Have a happy SHIT (sorry honey, it's Thursday) as your TGIF.....later tater.

Posted by: the speckledpup at April 19, 2007 9:42 AM

I'm doing a Friday today too. Unfortunately, it's becuase I'm doing an all-nighter Friday night... but whatever. Sleeping is for OLD PEOPLE. God, they look so fucking peaceful too, don't they? Lucky, wrinkly people.

Posted by: Brad at April 19, 2007 9:47 AM

Well, Beth said not to say anything, because you are sensitive to the issue, but yes, you do smell.

There. I said it.

Posted by: Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah at April 19, 2007 9:48 AM

Good interview!

Enjoy your Friday off. You deserve it!

Posted by: coolchick at April 19, 2007 10:09 AM

I am cracking up at the image of your Costanza nap. I hope you know there are more than 100 of us who read you through Bloglines, a channel indulges my laziness and only decreases the chance that I'm going to comment on any given day -- I'm sorry!

Posted by: Laura GF at April 19, 2007 10:13 AM

Pleasant dreams!

Posted by: Allan at April 19, 2007 10:31 AM

I just clicked over to read the interview and the Google ad between the title and the interview says "Are you gay?" For some reason I found that really funny.

I have a friend who keeps a blanket at work and actually does close her door and take a nap under her desk. I'm hoping to try it out someday (when I get an office with a door).

Posted by: dee at April 19, 2007 10:33 AM

Here you go. A pat on the back.

Hope you enjoy your long weekend.

Posted by: anna at April 19, 2007 10:40 AM

I'd nap under my desk too, but since I'm at home, I just know my kid would find me eventually.

Posted by: Jenn at April 19, 2007 10:46 AM

I missed you in my email this morning. Usually it's the first thing I look for.

Something seemed off kilter. What could it have been? Oh, of course. No Chris to entertain and confound me.

Posted by: ann adams at April 19, 2007 11:00 AM

Happy Thursday!

Posted by: Karen at April 19, 2007 11:01 AM

You don't smell. Good luck with the under-desk napping. And congrats on the feature!

Posted by: Amy at April 19, 2007 11:03 AM

Hey there! Can't pass up an opportunity to comment on a post that references the Costanza nap. You know I love Seinfeld. And I enjoy your blog, even if I rarely comment. But then, you frequently comment on my site, which is always surprising to me, considering you read like 400 blogs every day, right? So I'm due to say ... something.

Something.

Happy Thursday. I mean, Friday. Meh.

Posted by: Jen at April 19, 2007 11:11 AM

No, I can't say I smell any BO. If I don't have anything insightful or clever to say, I rarely comment. But I read all the time.

Posted by: Kim at April 19, 2007 11:16 AM

Well I am glad you explained the Elvis quote because that quote followed by you were banged up this morning had my mind in the gutter way too early this morning.

Posted by: linda at April 19, 2007 11:35 AM

I've been busy myself with a sick 20 month old, so not much commenting for me. I think he's got a slight cold and the stomach flu (hopefully only the 24 hour kind).

I read you faithfully every day though! You rock!

Posted by: ProudMary at April 19, 2007 11:38 AM

Enjoy your long weekend! Hopefully spring weather will make an appearance!

Posted by: Colleen at April 19, 2007 11:52 AM

You do kinda smell a little...

(glad to hear you're taking tomorrow off!)

Posted by: fauve at April 19, 2007 12:01 PM

i'm always reading, never commenting. shame on me.

Posted by: b. at April 19, 2007 12:01 PM

There's no smell coming through Bloglines.

Posted by: Katherine at April 19, 2007 12:07 PM

Ooohhh. An under the desk nap sounds good right about now. However, I think I will go take a walk and enjoy the lovely spring-like weather that has finally decided to show up...

Happy pseudo-friday to you...

Posted by: suze at April 19, 2007 12:15 PM

oooh...nap...couldn't seriously use one..

Posted by: ali at April 19, 2007 12:30 PM

COULD, damnit to hell...

see how badly i need a nap???

Posted by: ali at April 19, 2007 12:30 PM

Friday? what is that? I have a newborn & everyday is the same as the next - i think i got 4 minutes of sleep last night, but still have enough energy to read your blog :)

Posted by: danielle at April 19, 2007 1:35 PM

Happy Friday! I myself am taking a short unexpected mid-week vacation.

Posted by: Jen at April 19, 2007 1:41 PM

I'll delurk today cuz you asked so nicely!

At first I thought you were talking about something else there - phew! Interesting fact about Elvis though. I'll have to lay that one on my mother-in-law who is obsessed with the dead dude. :) Have a great day!

Posted by: Mary at April 19, 2007 2:15 PM

I used to sneak into my boss's office while he was at lunch so I could nap on the sofa. In a pinch, I'll lie down in the supply room an snooze with the post-it notes.

Posted by: Moose at April 19, 2007 2:27 PM

I detect no smell - and my nostrils have gone into hyperdrive lately, so I'd know for sure. Rest easy, Mr. Cactus!

Random happy news from the blogosphere: I heard my kid-to-be's heartbeat for the first time today!

Posted by: Betti at April 19, 2007 2:37 PM

hey Chris! I'm a reader not a commenter! ;) Really most of the time my comments to you would be, "yeah man." So instead of putting that kind of pithy witticism out in the world, I usually keep it to myself. I'm always here though, agreeing and thinking how cute your Mia is. Thanks!

Posted by: tulip at April 19, 2007 2:46 PM

Chris, you do smell... very good, I imagine. At least in my Rude Cactus shrine you smell like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Have a restful and fun Friday!

Posted by: Trix at April 19, 2007 2:50 PM

I am lazy and my children have sucked my brains out.

Posted by: Annie at April 19, 2007 3:05 PM

I read this:
"Meanwhile, I'll be pulling a Costanza, napping under my desk."

and then this:
"* an expression Elvis frequently used to express surprise."

And for a brief moment thought you were on crack. But a split second later, I realized that it must be ME on crack. Seriously, who forgets that the asterisk has a purpose?

Posted by: Elaine at April 19, 2007 4:06 PM

Whazzzup? Ewww that smell, can't you smell that smell? ;)

I'm just lazy--sometimes the effort to put together a sentence or three is more than I can handle. :)

Posted by: Nanette at April 19, 2007 4:27 PM

hi! dinner on Capitol Hill sounds all fancy schmancy to me, but only cuz I've never been there. I need to get out (and across the continent, apparently) way more.

Posted by: Heather at April 19, 2007 4:44 PM

Oh man, I'm glad I read the asterix, because at first I thought you were talking about a certain anatomical part.

Posted by: Heather at April 19, 2007 4:59 PM

Hi! Delurking and trying to keep my head above water during the last 2 weeks of spring semester :)

Posted by: Stephanie at April 19, 2007 5:03 PM

Yeah, you smell. But, you don't stink! ;-)

Posted by: Jaycie at April 19, 2007 5:14 PM

Just to let you know that I am a big time lurker. I used to comment sometimes but then life happened. So I'm delurking today to tell you that I'm famous. Yes, I'm famous. Don't believe me? Go look: and oh lord I hope the link works

Posted by: Lori at April 19, 2007 6:52 PM

I still sometimes get the automated response/message that says I've commented too frequently, and that my comment will not be posted. It kinda makes me feel pathetic and stalkeresque.

Maybe I'm the one who smells?

Posted by: Sphincter at April 19, 2007 9:25 PM

Um, I don't think you smell. Esp as I'm no 61 on your comments.

If you smell I darn well stink. Well...whatever.

Posted by: Laurie at April 19, 2007 10:06 PM

I'm still here, reading away. :) Wednesday was a seminar day for me, hooray for continuing education. I got a refresher on business ethics. Oh what a joy to be a CPA!

I hope you have a lovely weekend. (Which so includes having a healthy child at home!)

Posted by: Teenuh at April 20, 2007 2:43 AM

Enjoy your long weekend!

Posted by: Maria at April 20, 2007 9:23 AM

damn. sounds like youve had it rough. enjoy your long weekend!

Posted by: steph at April 20, 2007 9:33 AM

hello from capit-O-l hill. take advantage of the o-version when you can - it's rare.

Posted by: malia at April 20, 2007 2:22 PM

Well, now that you mention it, I have noticed a bit of a funk around here lately. (Even though I haven't actually really been here lately, as I've had a pretty intense workweek myself.)

Posted by: angela at April 20, 2007 11:44 PM

A day late and a dollar short... I'm delurking a day late. And?

Posted by: ironic1 at April 21, 2007 12:08 AM

Hey. I read you and the Mrs. blogs almost daily. Sorry I never comment and tell you how great I think you guys are! Hope you're having a good weekend...

Posted by: Michele at April 21, 2007 4:26 PM

Not catching any weird scents here - you're fine on that score. As with most people, I read much more than I comment, but look forward to your posts.

Glad to hear you had Friday off, and I hope by now you've recuperated from such a busy week. And that Mia has recuperated as well!

Posted by: Melissa at April 22, 2007 7:46 AM