June 8, 2007

Breaking Schadenfreude!

One of my long-standing beliefs has, apparently, proved false. God does exist after all.

Screaming and crying, Paris Hilton was escorted out of a courtroom and back to jail Friday after a judge ruled that she must serve out her entire 45-day sentence behind bars rather than in her Hollywood Hills home.

"It's not right!" shouted the weeping Hilton, who violated her probation in a reckless driving case. "Mom!" she called out to her mother in the audience.

Hilton, who was brought to court in handcuffs in a sheriff's car, came into the courtroom disheveled and weeping, hair askew, sans makeup, wearing a gray fuzzy sweatshirt over slacks.

She cried throughout the hearing, her body shook constantly and she dabbed at her eyes. Several times she turned to her parents, seated behind her in the courtroom, and mouthed, "I love you."

Justice may or may not be blind but apparently she doesn't like snotty bitches.

Posted by Chris at June 8, 2007 4:26 PM
Comments

I just got finished telling my husband about this. Hilarious.

Posted by: Jen at June 8, 2007 4:38 PM

Snotty bitches....snort.....that snotty bitch has used up her 15 minutes and more. What a waste of DNA...

Posted by: Sue R at June 8, 2007 4:43 PM

"Snotty bitches" and "waste of DNA" love it :)

But why do you think it feel so good to dislike her so much?

Is it because we envy her silver spoon in mouth life? Or is it just because she annoys the crap out of all of us so much with her stupidity? (for me it's the latter)

Posted by: sunchaser at June 8, 2007 5:04 PM

good. i was wondering if something like this would happen as most of the population was (justifiably) angered that she was going to be allowed to serve her sentence at home. she's already receiving special treatment by being held apart from the rest of the jail population....why should she be given more?

Posted by: reb at June 8, 2007 5:22 PM

You should have seen the amount of helicopters flying over downtown a bit ago. You'd think they were chasing OJ again.

I'm so glad she got sent back. Beotch deserves it. I sure as hell don't want her driving in my world.

Posted by: Phoenix at June 8, 2007 5:24 PM

Can you see me smiling? Hehehehehe!!!!

Posted by: Maribeth at June 8, 2007 5:29 PM

Oops - it thought I was a spambot. My fault.

Trying again.

I've always know there were two standards of justice. At least this time they got it right.

Perhaps this will be the wake-up call she so desperately needs.

Have a great weekend!!

Posted by: ann adams at June 8, 2007 6:05 PM

I found it interesting that she was "screaming!" and "hysterical!" on AP but "wailing" and "trembling" on Reuters. AP has the more Schadenfruede approach.

Posted by: TheQueen at June 8, 2007 6:27 PM

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha he he he he he he (I could laugh for HOURS and HOURS, I think I will...) what a dumb beeotch. Yeah, I guess one would say I am a tad bit jealous of her 'silver spoon'. But what really gets me is that she drove, got in trouble, then drove AGAIN and got in yet MORE trouble, so she was finally sent to jail. Only of course after her sentence was cut in half for good behavior (?) and there was the fiasco of here getting out of jail early...and free (basically). I could litterally go on for another hour. I hope she has a fabulous time in there. I think it's "hot".

Posted by: michele at June 8, 2007 6:53 PM

Is it bad that I am getting so much enjoyment out of this? "snotty bitch" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ~snort~But damnit, if it was anyone else they would have said, "Don't wanna eat? Fine. Think you are having a nervous break down? Well, hell we can let Big Buelah keep you company in your cell. She has a waaay with the newbies."

Posted by: Lauren at June 8, 2007 7:09 PM

Wow. I saw the sheriff's news conference tonight, and boy is he in a snit over the judge hauling Paris back to jail. Apparently Paris is mentally ill and wasn't taking her medication while incarcerated. So now they've got her in the jail "treatment facility". Sheesh. I'm pretty darn sure if her medication was THAT friggin vital, her attorneys would have made certain she could have it in jail.

Good God, this whole circus is nauseating, isn't it?

Posted by: coolchick at June 8, 2007 7:44 PM

That was the best comment ever!!! NO other Breaking Schaddenfreude could have said it better.

Posted by: Shawntay at June 8, 2007 9:52 PM

I tried so hard not to care about this, but when they let her out of jail, it made me very, very angry.

I'm glad she's going back.

Posted by: julie at June 8, 2007 9:59 PM

Woohoo! I meant to comment this morning and tell you how much this whole thing just ticked me off, but now she's back in jail and I'm happy! (Ah, joy at the misery of others. Wait...isn't that the definition of shadenfreude?! ha!) I was so angry, because drunk driving and driving without a license are such serious things and she'd truly endangered others and I'm so glad to see her getting a *real* punishment!!

Posted by: Heather at June 8, 2007 10:32 PM

I, too, tried not to blog about the PH Jail Fiasco, but it angers me to the point of my blood boiling, and that ain't good.

All I can say is that jail is SUPPOSED to be uncomfortable and the IDEA is to get you to straighten your shit out. This judge has some balls and isn't afraid to, *ahem*, use them. His message is loud and clear -- PH doesn't get it/like it/understand it, but us common folk, well, frankly, it pleases us to no end. PH is NOT above the law and her money can't buy her freedom from the law, and that's the way it should be.

Damn, if you and I were as stupid as she is and pulled the same stunts, we'd be left to rot in jail for way longer than 45 freakin' days.

Anywho, it pleases me to no end to know that her skanky, bony ass was hauled back to jail.

Posted by: ironic1 at June 8, 2007 10:33 PM

My husband and I actually high fived eachother when we saw the news. We're evil human beings I tell ya.

I don't disagree that her sentence might have been steep, but what gets me is her trying to get out of it. Like she's special or something.

Posted by: nila at June 9, 2007 1:51 AM

The problem is that since her sentencing she hasn't appeared remorseful for what she has done. While being an over-privileged brat, she is also stupid. She blamed other people for her driving under the influence, she blamed other people when she drove with a suspended license, she needs to accept that she did something wrong and suck it up. Jail is cold, boring, has bad food, but she has her own private cell and sees other people for an hour, if that. Be lucky she isn't in prison somewhere else. Could we send Paris to Mexican prison?
Also, I love that the judge isn't buckling. That man fucking ROCKS!

Posted by: Eeek at June 9, 2007 10:41 AM

I'm glad the judge sent her back. Maybe now she'll really start to realize that her actions have consequences that mommy and daddy's money can't buy her way out of...

Posted by: suze at June 9, 2007 12:29 PM

I think it's hysterical that there are people who are actually defending Paris (not here on this site of course) and saying that the judge is "making an example out of her" and she's being treated unfairly. Give me a break. She's being punished as much for the DUI as driving on a suspended license (twice), and well she should be. She's lucky she didn't hurt or kill someone when she was driving drunk. If any "regular" person were sent to prison for the same reasons, would we be guaranteed our own cell? I doubt it. And frankly, I think the idea of being locked up with some stranger is WAY scarier than being locked up alone.

I wonder if her "medical condition" had to do with withdrawls from whatever prescription or non-prescription drug she's hooked on? I also heard a rumor that she had some sort of stress-related herpes break out. (Eew.) Personally, I think it's entirely possible that her lawyers planned the whole medical release thing as soon as they knew she'd actually have to serve time. It could be the real reason she turned herself in early and tried to appear contrite and like she was taking it seriously - anything to try to win points with the judge. I'm so glad the judge doesn't seem to be falling for her BS and I hope he stands his ground. I also hope the sheriff who violated the judge's orders by releasing PH for home detention is held in contempt of court - or at least investigated. What do you figure some $$ from the Hiltons helped him along with that decision?

When the CNN breaking news email started popping up in inboxes at my office yesterday we all started cheering. Schadenfreude indeed!

Posted by: erin at June 9, 2007 1:46 PM

The DRAMA. Oh, the drama.

(me, shaking my head).

Posted by: Librarian Girl at June 9, 2007 6:27 PM

I know I probably shouldn't, but... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by: Katy at June 10, 2007 5:25 AM

Everybody seems to hate her. (And yes, I'm not a fan either) What I want to know is how she gets so much media attention, or WHY? She has no talent. She's just a spoiled (overgrown) child.

Posted by: motherofbun at June 10, 2007 11:28 PM

Posted by: motherofbun at June 10, 2007 11:28 PM

Posted by: motherofbun at June 10, 2007 11:28 PM

What drives me insane about this is that she's probably going to be even more 'popular' after her jail time. ugh!

Posted by: ewe_are_here at June 11, 2007 5:04 PM