June 8, 2007

Schadenfreude Friday: Wanted Drunk or Alive

There is, as always, more Schadenfreude than you can shake a stick at. Look...here's a sample.

Only The Names Will Change

Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora entered an undisclosed treatment facility on Wednesday, a rep for the band tells PEOPLE exclusively. "Richie Sambora has entered an undisclosed treatment facility in Los Angeles," the rep said in a statement. "He asks that you respect he and his family's privacy at this time." The specific nature of Sambora's problem was not disclosed. (courtesy of People)

According to other reports, Bon Jovi performed for a new MTV Unplugged show on Tuesday night and Sambora was hammered. Other musicians were forced to cover for Richie and Jon had the band perform Wanted Dead or Alive at least three times before he was satisfied with the results. So, who isn't in rehab right now?

The Final Showcase Showdown

Bob Barker maintained a smile on his face throughout the final show as he bid goodbye after 35 years as host of "The Price Is Right" and 50 years of daytime TV. But he got misty-eyed afterward while speaking to reporters. "The thing that surprises me most is that I got through the whole (show) without crying," the 83-year-old icon said, still holding his trademark microphone with the old-fashioned cord. (courtesy of AP)

I remember watching The Price Is Right during summers or when I stayed home from school sick. It was, and is, an institution. Without Bob, Plinko just won't be the same.

We'll Always Have Paris

Paris Hilton was let out of jail Thursday morning, days after she began serving what was to have been a 45-day sentence for violating probation, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said. Hilton must wear a monitoring bracelet and remain at her home for another 40 days, said sheriff's department spokesman Steve Whitmore. Medical considerations "played a part" in the decision to offer Hilton home confinement for the remainder of her sentence, Whitmore said. (courtesy of CNN)

Original speculation regarding the "medical considerations" centered around the fact that Paris refused to eat. In reality, it appears as if officials feared a mental breakdown. So, they sent her home. Because that sends the right message. Yeah. You know, there's a word for people like Paris but I've vowed not to use it. But it rhymes with punt.

Posted by Chris at June 8, 2007 6:43 AM
Comments

After spending the night in her posh Hollywood hills mansion Paris is being summoned back to court today by the judge...I hope he sends her ass back to prison. anyway...don't they know, if she is forced to wear an ankle bracelet she'll just lose weight to get it off....hahahahah

Posted by: li'l foot's mommy at June 8, 2007 7:41 AM

Two things: 1. If I have to hear about Paris Hilton on the local and/or national news one more time, I may go off. This is not important news! It drives me nuts. 2. I'm going to admit it right here. When I saw the interviews with Bob Barker and he was crying? I cried right along with him. I can't hold it in when I see an older man cry.

Have a great weekend!

Posted by: Jessie at June 8, 2007 7:43 AM

I'm with you. Paris IS a punt.

Posted by: Debbie at June 8, 2007 7:46 AM

Runt?

Posted by: William at June 8, 2007 8:15 AM

We're on the same page. I say she is a word that rhymes with wussy.

I used to love watching Barker.

Have a nice weekend.

Posted by: Maria at June 8, 2007 8:32 AM

I believe even Dostoyevsky would agree that true punishment is being confined to a mansion for 40 days. It's awful, really. How can they be so cruel?

Personally, I think a mental breakdown would've done her a world of good.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at June 8, 2007 8:34 AM

I'd love to see Paris in a halfway house or someplace like that.

Bob, man, I love him so much. I was watching the other week, and have you noticed how incredibly kind he is to each contestant? The chances of winning on that show sucked big time, but it was totally worth it to meet Bob. One of the nicest men on television.

Now ask me if I want to be on Jeopardy.

Posted by: alektra at June 8, 2007 8:53 AM

Three whole days? I'm just amazed she lasted that long in there. Stay tuned!

Posted by: cassie-b at June 8, 2007 8:58 AM

Yeah, You know, I think Paris Hilton is more than a ....she is a spoiled rotten, super bitch! So what if she stops eating. Then she and Nicole Richie (another drunk driver) will look alike. You gotta have friends, right?

Posted by: Maribeth at June 8, 2007 9:19 AM

Bunt?

She joined the women's softball team when she was in prison?

Posted by: pinetree22 at June 8, 2007 9:29 AM

this paris thing surprises me...um, yeah, not at all. i knew she wouldn't actually serve any real jail time...

Posted by: ali at June 8, 2007 9:30 AM

So can anyone else imagine the laughter when one of the inmates in the regular prison(not the special one Paris was barely in) try to use the same excuse?
Get over yourself Paris.

Posted by: Kim at June 8, 2007 9:58 AM

The Price Is Right will not be the same without Bob Barker. It just won't.

And I'd love to know what the LA County Sheriff's department does when a scared girl from Compton ends up in jail and doesn't eat and is headed for a breakdown. Why, I bet they ignore her, which is what they should have done to Paris.

Posted by: bad penguin at June 8, 2007 10:00 AM

And the TPIR models won't be the same not getting banged by Bob Barker anymore.

Posted by: Phil at June 8, 2007 10:26 AM

So who is replacing Bob anyway?

I haven't seen that show in a long, long time, but it is pretty strange to think of without him. I bet their viewership goes way, way down.

Paris. What can you say? But is it her or the parents we should be kvetching about?

Posted by: sunchaser at June 8, 2007 10:36 AM

Paris is a serious punt. I was so pissed yesterday when I saw she was released. Grr. I hope she gets tossed back in today.

Posted by: Teenuh at June 8, 2007 2:00 PM

Man I wouldn't mind living in a mansion for 40 days having people wait on me hand and foot, inviting all of my friends over to party and watching all the not yet released movies in my private screening room.

Must be a tough life. When we see her driving on the cover of US weekly next week though, I hope they lock her back up and throw away the key. And I'm with you, she is a um...runt.

Posted by: Phoenix at June 8, 2007 2:27 PM

off-topic: just spent 2 days in your "land". Flew in Thurs for dinner in Georgetown, meeting in Rosslyn Fri AM, lunch in Crystal City, and sitting at National with a view of the WA monument. I am jealous that you get to live here. I am jealous that you have all of this lovely weather (yes, I know its 100 and humid), greenery, activity, life, and history. And, yes, I feel the need to express my feelings to a local.

Posted by: Lisa at June 8, 2007 2:48 PM

Heh, thought you'd like to know that the local (So Cal, of course) news station just had a helicopter following the sheriff's dept. car as is ferried Paris to her court hearing. 'Cause you know that's "breaking news!" UGH! I kept waiting for the cop to make a run for Mexico or something!

Posted by: Jaycie at June 8, 2007 3:19 PM

she's been pulled out of court, screaming, on her way back to jail...a friend just emailed this to me. http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/08/paris.hilton.ap/index.html

Posted by: mox at June 8, 2007 3:36 PM

Don't get me started on Paris.

Posted by: aimee/greeblemonkey at June 8, 2007 4:03 PM

Holy crap I love this shiz!!!!

Posted by: Isabel at June 8, 2007 5:41 PM