July 5, 2007

Another Bullet-Point Thursday (Yes, I'm That Lame)

Allergies are kicking my ass all over the place and I've only managed to consume a couple sips of coffee. Bullet points are going to have to suffice this morning.

• Are any of you other Americans out there completely and utterly screwed up by the whole mid-week holiday thing? It feels like Monday and also Friday which is really one of the strangest calendar-based sensations I've ever felt.
  • I'm slightly disturbed by the fact that a recent series of searches for jenna elfman donkey loving has resulted in visits to my site. Seriously, that's not what those scientologists are into, right? I thought they were into Galactic Overlord Zenu Loving.
  • Yesterday we did what every good American is expected to do on the Fourth of July - blow shit up and eat pie.
  • I dreamed last night that Tom Petty told me his song "It's Good to be King" was written about Larry King. It was disturbing and I lost any respect for Petty I'd previously held.
  • My friend Aimee wrote a brilliant post yesterday. Ya'll should seriously go check it out.
  • I was sitting in our basement playroom with Mia and Beth yesterday morning. Sitting. That was the extent of my physical exertion. And I pulled something in my neck. It still hurts like a motherfucker. While it's still preferable than the alternative dirt nap, I hate this getting old shit.
  • Yesterday, while at my parents' holiday cookout, Mia found a glass, raised it and said "more wine!" I swear we're good parents. Rarely to we let her booze it up.
  • No one's bought our house yet. I'm totally confident someone will but they should do it, like, now. I shall now pray to Galactic Overlord Zenu. Or donkey-loving scientologists.

Posted by Chris at July 5, 2007 7:01 AM
Comments

yeah the mid-week holiday thing is screwing me up a bit. yesterday as we were saying goodbye to our guests it felt like a sunday nite and then i remembered it was wednesday nite and i was all 'Whut'. oh well, at least it broke up the week. hope your necks feels better. last weekend my husband and I moved a little furniture around, pain for like 2 days. and haha about the wine. love it!

Posted by: madmom at July 5, 2007 8:52 AM

You look totally wasted in the photo below. Tough 4th, my friend?

Posted by: Maribeth at July 5, 2007 9:18 AM

Seemed like Sunday to me too. I don't know why since I don't go out to work anymore.

Posted by: ann adams at July 5, 2007 9:31 AM

there is no shame in using bullets.

wait...that came out wrong...

;)

Posted by: ali at July 5, 2007 9:43 AM

Ok, searching for jenna elfman donkey lover may have been odd, but it did help me find this brilliant blog of yours, didn't it?

Ummm

Anyway, I thought you sold your house? I am so confused.

Posted by: August at July 5, 2007 10:07 AM

I totally kept thinking it was Saturday...my head is really screwed up right now :)

Posted by: Sue R at July 5, 2007 10:22 AM

I once broke my foot by falling over. From a standing position. Believe me, I've never been able to live that down. Getting old(er) blows, my friend.

Posted by: GreenCanary at July 5, 2007 10:24 AM

Posted by: GreenCanary at July 5, 2007 10:24 AM

It must be a weird dichotomy to love your country fiercely whilst simultaneously loathing what is has become under the present administration to both its people, and the onlookers from other countries.

Posted by: Jacqueline at July 5, 2007 10:59 AM

What a great post by Aimee, thanks for the link.

And I am totally messed up by the holiday in the middle of the week thing. I don't know whether I'm coming or going today. My hubby took today off too, so I am extra confuzzled.

Have a great donkey loving scientologist fake Monday on a Thursday day!! :)

Posted by: Teenuh at July 5, 2007 11:08 AM

Is St. Joseph in the ground yet? That will be a little less expensive and painful than dealing with the Galactic Overlord Zenu or donkey-loving scientologists. Visit a couple thrift stores on the way home and hey, if it's St. Christopher who's REALLY gonna know?

Posted by: Johnny Smoke at July 5, 2007 11:12 AM

Agree...feels like a Monday. We need to behave more like Canadians and move the damn holiday to a Monday or Friday to avoid this mid week wrinkle. Thanks for the tip to check out Aimee.

Posted by: Wack-a-do at July 5, 2007 11:14 AM

I imagined that you and Beth would've high-fived after Mia demanded a refill. There should be pride in the fact that your daughter is no lightweight.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at July 5, 2007 11:15 AM

Has anyone told you that you're famous yet? Your entry from yesterday was quoted in today's Express.

And I didn't realize until just now that PIE is totally what was missing from yesterday. How could I forget pie? But I did make red, white, and blue cupcakes instead... close enough?

Posted by: Stephanie at July 5, 2007 11:21 AM

More wine? LOL! And I thought you didn't drink! :)

I'm sorry about the pain in your neck. I hope you feel better soon!

Posted by: Nadine at July 5, 2007 11:37 AM

Thanks Chris and everyone else for your nice comments. I was very nervous about my post yesterday, so I *really* appreciate the positive feedback.

In return I will pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that he sends his noodley appendages all over your house and makes it sell uber fast.

Posted by: aimee/greeblemonkey at July 5, 2007 11:47 AM

YES! The Flying Spaghetti Monster -- brilliant, Aimee. We mustn't forget about the mighty FSM. Surely the FSM AND St. Christopher can get the job done for you two!

And, where the heck is the Monday Haiku? Oh, right...

Maybe "more wine" will help that neck of yours... Anyway, just remember it's THURSDAY, you should make it through to the end of Friday just fine.

Posted by: ironic1 at July 5, 2007 12:23 PM

I hate to be the one to tell you Chris, but this getting older thing, it gets worse!

Posted by: Jeff A at July 5, 2007 2:27 PM

responses to each of your bullets.

Bullet 1: Hell yea! I wrote a post about it...called SECOND MONDAYS OR WHY I AM IN A BAD MOOD!

Bullet 2: I really don't know what to say to that...but whatever Jenna Elfman's donkey does is fine by me.

Bullet 3: I watched other people blow shit up and ate smores!

Bullet 4: Weird. I dreamed something about taking allergy medicine...which I didn't do.

Bullet 5: That was a great post...thanks for pointing it out.

Bullet 6: That's ok...I wasn't going to say anything but I think I pulled some sort of side muscle yesterday...washing my dog!

Bullet 7: When I was 3 my dad gave me a sip of cold duck and I ended up cackling like a banshee and crawling into walls. Don't worry tho...I turned out mostly fine.

Bullet 8: Good HOUSE SELLING MOJO for you! Tons of it. All the way from Cali...do you feel it?

Posted by: Amy at July 5, 2007 2:37 PM

Midweek holidays, when not accompanied by the preceeding/following two days off, are the spawn of Satan. No one should have to suffer two Sunday nights in one week.

Posted by: Candy at July 5, 2007 4:18 PM

LMAO @ Mia the wino! That is just too cute.

And yes, the mid-week holiday idea is messed up. Today was a rough day. Long, and rough.

Hope your neck feels better soon!

Posted by: coolchick at July 5, 2007 8:23 PM

Hee, still giggling thinking about Mia demanding wine, like a little drunken queen or something.

And yes, the holiday in the middle of the week thing is weird. I took the whole week off though, so it was slightly less weird for me.

Posted by: Fraulein N at July 5, 2007 8:24 PM

thanks for the link to aimee's post- good reading.

Posted by: kimblahg at July 5, 2007 10:20 PM

The mid-week holiday has thrown me off balance and my allergies are terrible this morning. I feel like a truck ran over me.

LOL at Mia raising the glass. What was everyone's reaction?

Posted by: Maria at July 6, 2007 6:39 AM

I'm so jealous that you got to eat pie.

Sigh. Soon I will get to.

Posted by: Jenn at July 6, 2007 11:07 PM

This totally messed with traffic flow at work at the airport. The two days before the 4th were horribly busy and the last few days...unusually slow.

Posted by: Marsha at July 7, 2007 12:18 PM