July 12, 2007

Bullet Point Thursday: The Training Edition

All I got are bullet points.

• Today is a glorious day for both me and you - it's the last day of this supposed training.
  • In other words, you won't have to hear me bitch about it anymore. Nice, huh?
  • This week, I've reconfirmed my belief that I'm no fan of school. Ever have that dream in which you've just realized you're late for a final in a class you've never attended? That's how I feel in any class or on any test.
  • Sadly, this almost happened to me for real in college. I was a somewhat reluctant attendee.
  • Even in my freshman year, I had to beg a professor not to fail me because I'd only been to one of his classes the entire semester. For some reason he gave me a D. No money or sexual favors changed hands.
  • This is why Beth drives me nuts. One reason at least. She used to skip classes with me and somehow she did much better in school than I did.
  • We had a rule in college - if you thought about skipping class it was already too late. Once the thought crossed your mind, the decision was made. Amazing how that worked out.
  • In general, I hate having stuff hanging over my head. Which is why I'm not looking forward to the big-ass test I have to take next Wednesday.
  • I think they keep the training room hovering around -32 degrees to keep us awake.
  • My nipples could cut glass.
  • I ruin more good shirts that way.

I fully realize I've served up a lot of sub-par posts so far this week. Thanks, as always, for reading them anyway. I'll be back to something approaching normal soon. Or, whatever's normal for me.

Posted by Chris at July 12, 2007 6:24 AM
Comments

I know the feeling about tests. I am exactly the same way!

Posted by: Maribeth at July 12, 2007 7:22 AM

My first year of college I took a class called Advanced Studies in Language II, which was a class about translation. The professor was ancient, and French, and he'd stand up at the front of the class mumbling about "les pieges de language" (the levels of language) for an hour and ten minutes at 8:30 am. I didn't make it to that class much. He had given us a comprehensive syllabus though, so I'd show up toward the end of class, turn in my work, and leave. At the end of the semester he recommended that I not take any more 8:30 classes. But he did give me an A. Please don't hate me. There were far more classes I didn't get A's in!

Good luck with your last day of training.

Posted by: bad penguin at July 12, 2007 8:08 AM

You have to pass a test of top of all that?

Good luck.

Posted by: ann adams at July 12, 2007 8:27 AM

I think that was why I didn't go to college... I was one of the 10 kids with the worst attendance records. I -went- to school, I just usually ended up in other people's classes.

Posted by: Phoenix at July 12, 2007 8:29 AM

"Ever have that dream in which you've just realized you're late for a final in a class you've never attended?"

This is one of my major reoccurring dreams. MAJOR. My therapist says that many people have school related dreams because we spent 20 years, 20 formative years when our brain was being wired, so many times it's how we relate to stress even as an adult and it comes out in our dreams.

More than you wanted to know, probably.

Posted by: aimee/greeblemonkey at July 12, 2007 9:25 AM

school...blecky.

Posted by: JuJuBee at July 12, 2007 9:50 AM

You're forgiven. Your bad post days are much better than mine on a good day. See? I liked school. Go figure. In the real world it doesn't matter so much...

Posted by: sue at July 12, 2007 9:59 AM

Any post that says "my nipples could cut glass" is automatically better than "sub-par".

And, what is this "skipping class" you speak of? You mean, I don't have to go to class? And I can still graduate? Hallelujah!

Posted by: trix at July 12, 2007 10:08 AM

i guess i'm in the minority. i LOVE school. i would be in school forever if they'd let me!

Posted by: ali at July 12, 2007 10:09 AM

any chance we could get a picture of those glass-cutting nipples? =)

Posted by: monique at July 12, 2007 10:11 AM

Glass, eh? Our office building, in general, is hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I bring a heated blanket with me when it's cold. Maybe you should have done the same. Wouldn't it have been funny? "Um, yeah - I'm gonna need to sit near a wall. I have to plug in."

Posted by: Emily at July 12, 2007 10:13 AM

Is it one of those certification tests? Like, Cisco or (God help us all) Microsoft? Those suck.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at July 12, 2007 10:36 AM

You still manage to be hilarious. It must just be who you are. Apparently you're well liked in the blogasphere. (eww, cringe. I hate that word).

Posted by: august at July 12, 2007 11:25 AM

Your nipples could cut glass. Good thing you're not a nursing mother.

Posted by: wordgirl at July 12, 2007 11:26 AM

Your nipples could cut glass. Good thing you're not a nursing mother.

Posted by: wordgirl at July 12, 2007 11:26 AM

1. I have the same dream all the time - final day in a class I have never attended. And yes, I found myself in the same boat in real life a couple times as well. Not sure how exactly I graduated....

2. Totally agree with you - if you think about skipping, you are going to skip. That also applies to calling in sick to work. At least for me.

Posted by: donna at July 12, 2007 12:05 PM

"I think they keep the training room hovering around -32 degrees to keep us awake."

When it gets too cold, that makes me huddle up and then I get more sleepy than I would have been had the temperature been set to something reasonable.

Silly people for thinking they can manipulate us that way!

Posted by: Lisa at July 12, 2007 12:19 PM

The rule about skipping? Sooo true. Good luck uh, softening your nipples? Glad your course is almost over, for your sake.

Posted by: Heather at July 12, 2007 12:34 PM

At UCSB my roommate and I's rule was if its raining, if its our birthday, if its friday, no classes

Posted by: Punk Rock Mom at July 12, 2007 1:26 PM

"My nipples could cut glass", would make a great google search. ;)

I dated a guy in college who was like Beth. I'd skip and he'd skip and I'd study and he'd not and I'd walk away with a B or C and he'd ace it. Jerks.

Posted by: Phoenix at July 12, 2007 3:11 PM

You are so right on the rule about skipping class. It's like an unwritten law. Although, you just wrote it down.

LOL! I am so happy to know that about your nipples.

Posted by: Nadine at July 12, 2007 4:43 PM

I hope the weekend is rejuvinating!

Posted by: That Girl at July 12, 2007 9:56 PM

during my first semester of college, I ended up failing oceanography because i never showed up to class, i drew pictures of keith richards instead of studying for tests, and i didn't get the memo that said that our final was cumulative. oops. Sigh, oceanography... one of the many classes that's so freaking important for a graphic designer.

Posted by: Denise at July 12, 2007 10:39 PM