July 13, 2007

Schadenfreude Friday: Fill In The Blank Edition

If you've dropped by at all this week (and I wouldn't blame you if you hadn't - boooriiiing), you'll know I was stuck in training all week, isolated from the rest of the world, holed up in a hotel conference room taking tests and eating high-protein meals whilst stretching and doing breathing exercises and, quite possibly, being sucked in to a cult without my conscious knowledge. I haven't had more than two minutes to check out the news, scroll through the gossip rags and entertainment sites and poll some of my more secret sources of schadenfreude. From where I'm sitting (my basement, in my jammies with a cup of coffee as big as my head), I'm pretty ill-informed.

That's where you come in. I'm turning control over to you. Fill in the blanks below and you will come up with this week's schadenfreude. It's all up to you. No pressure or anything. Your answer doesn't have to be original and it certainly doesn't have to be something in the public eye. Whatever strikes your fancy. So, here you go:

"This week's schadenfreude has got to be _____________ because ___________. And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land."

Posted by Chris at July 13, 2007 7:13 AM
Comments

"This week's schadenfreude has got to be __George W__ because __he exists__. If you need a more specific reason, let's throw yesterdays one-hour press conference of nothingness, evasion and idiocy out there. And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land."

Posted by: Traci at July 13, 2007 7:37 AM

"This week's schadenfreude has got to be Continental Airlines because they threw a toddler off the plane for saying bye bye plane and told the mom to give him benadryl (check out jodifur for a link). And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land. (except for my husband)"

Posted by: jodi at July 13, 2007 7:49 AM

Yay! Hot Daddy Blogger!

What about the fact that Nicole Ritchie is pregnant, and they're trying to use that to keep her out of Jail? -.-

Posted by: Secha at July 13, 2007 8:37 AM

Congrats on making it through the week! TGIF for real, right?

I'm going to second the Nicole Richie nomination for schadenfreude of the week. I feel guilty for being so curious about her entire situation, but it also makes me happy for terribly normal my life is.

Posted by: Jessie at July 13, 2007 9:29 AM

"This week's schadenfreude has got to be _Zheng Xiaoyu__ because _the Chinese government don't play when it comes to screwing around with their capitialist potential__. And I must say, you're ruly the trottist addy-jogger in all the gland."

For the story

...and in a related story: Chopped cardboard is main ingredient in Chinese buns

Posted by: Johnny Smoke at July 13, 2007 9:34 AM

"This week's schadenfreude has got to be U.S. Air because those bastards didn't seat me with my kids. And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land."

Can I do two? Great.

"This week's schadenfreude has got to be Becks and Posh because really, their kids are going to see those pictures. And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land."

Posted by: Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah at July 13, 2007 9:57 AM

Oh, and off topic here, did Beth tell you that I had a dream you had to take me to Prom because she had to stay home and show your house?

Posted by: Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah at July 13, 2007 9:59 AM

Member of Florida's House of Representatives, Bob Allen, offers oral sex to undercover cop in men's bathroom.

He's one of the lawmakers (along with the ultimate example of schadenfreude, Mark Foley) who passed sex offender legislation that placed a 7-year old on the sex offender's registry. Because you can never be too careful.

Florida has officially surpassed Louisiana as "The Most Backward State in a Country Rapidly Going to Hell in a Handbasket". I think they get a sign saying as much at all of their interstate border crossings.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at July 13, 2007 10:08 AM

This week's schadenfreude has got to be how "everyone" is so consumed with Brittney Spears dating her manny and wanting more time with her kids because - seriously? Who the hell cares about Brittney Spears OR her manny...

And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land.

Posted by: Emily at July 13, 2007 10:14 AM

This weeks schadenfreude goes to "W" for implying that Congress has no right to involve itself in his little game of Risk.

Posted by: Candy at July 13, 2007 10:18 AM

I got nuttin'... oh, except of course, that you are the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land. (But you knew that.)

Posted by: sue at July 13, 2007 11:06 AM

No offense to Jodi above but there is an update to this Continental Airlines story. Wsbtv.com has an article posted today with the headline, Mom Booted From Plane Goes National; Kid Kicks, Whines At Interview. AND...there is video. Apparently, this well-behaved angel of a child was so disruptive during the interview with Diane Sawyer this morning on GMA that the co-anchor had to take him off the set. Hmmm...

This reminds me of the woman who said the TSA was overly aggressive with her at Reagan National because of her child's sippy cup. Then the TSA posted the video and we were able to see who was really the aggressor.

If you want to talk airline schadenfreude, how about the United flight missing a taxiway turn in Florida and ending up on a runway where a Delta jet was trying to land! Whoopsie!

Posted by: snakeepoo at July 13, 2007 11:07 AM

All the good ones are already taken but here's an honorable mention.

This week's schadenfreude has got to be the two so-called Christians because they were tossed from the U S Senate for protesting a Hindu chaplain who led the Senate prayer.

And of course James Dobson of Focus on the Family who sent out an action alert trying to stop said chaplain from leading in the first place.

And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land.

Have a great weekend.

Posted by: ann adams at July 13, 2007 11:42 AM

This week's schadenfreude has got to be George W. Bush because of his complete disregard for a little thing called the US Constitution and his complete disconnect with reality (based on the way he keeps ignoring Congress and his refusal to recognize that the jig is up in Iraq and it's time to cut our losses and get the heck out of there). And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land.

Posted by: erin at July 13, 2007 12:06 PM

This week's schadenfreude has got to be Sen David Vitter because of so many reasons:

1. Family Values Conservative busted going to hookers to be made to wear diapers

2. Appointed to the House seat (before running for Senate) vacated by Bob Linvingston who resigned after having an affair while impeaching Bill Clinton.

3. His wife once said "I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary [Clinton]. If he does something like that, I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me."

Posted by: Jack at July 13, 2007 12:39 PM

Beckham and Posh Spice. Too icky to contemplate. And yes, you are the best!

Posted by: Maribeth at July 13, 2007 1:01 PM

This week's schadenfreude has got to be the Spice Girls getting back togeather because I had just forgotten the words to their annoying "get stuck in your head forever" songs. And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land.

Posted by: Phoenix at July 13, 2007 3:27 PM

This week's schadenfreude has got to be the karma being created by my fellow Education students, because they won't shut the fuck up while the Professor is talking, then they get him to repeat himself. And someday they're going to be teachers, trying to get their students to shut the fuck up.

And I must say, yada yada...

Posted by: Stacy at July 13, 2007 4:26 PM

Ok, being Canadian, I have to say this one:
This week's schadenfreude has got to be Conrad Black because he can bilk millions out of his company and shareholders and get-Obstruction of Justice, and 3 counts of mail fraud in Chicago. Can you say, slap on the wrist?
See here for details: http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/black_conrad/rise-fall.html
And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land (except for my hubby, of course).

Posted by: Lin at July 13, 2007 5:23 PM

This week's schadenfreude has got to be my husband's burning explosive diarrhea after gluttonously devouring all of the super-hot Thai dish I made and then drinking the last Corona in the house. Serves him right!
I don't really see daddies as being "hot" but , ok,
And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land.

Posted by: Geezitron at July 13, 2007 5:39 PM

I can't believe I'm going to post this. It's not this week's schadenfreude, but it has to win some sort of an all time award: http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007/05/30/unemployment-check-this-video-contains-all-the-reasons-why-our-society-is-doomed/

And truly... hot daddy blogger. :)

Posted by: Laura at July 13, 2007 8:17 PM

I got nothin'. It's been that kind of week for me too (she says as she sits in her office on Sunday afternoon, waiting for this damn computer program to catch up)

And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land.

Posted by: coolchick at July 15, 2007 1:54 PM

This week's schadenfreude has got to be MY CAT MINDEN because HE'S SO DARN FREAKING CUTE. And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land.

Posted by: Haley-O at July 15, 2007 11:38 PM

"This week's schadenfreude has got to be tasty because licorice makes me sick to my stomach. And I must say, you're truly the hottest daddy-blogger in all the land."
(Please forgive the weirdness. I chose to treat this like a game of Mad Libs)

Posted by: Amaya at July 16, 2007 6:33 PM