August 7, 2007

Baby No. 2: Just The FAQs

I realize that I was a little light on the details when I broke the news about baby number two yesterday. So, in an attempt to enlighten you and answer as many questions in as proactive manner possible, I present to you the Baby Number Two FAQ.

1. How'd it happen? The usual way. Beth and I got frisky, knocked boots, bumped uglies, did the horizontal mambo, got it on, made sweet sweet love.
  2. What did you say when Beth told you? Whatchyou talkin' 'bout Willis? And then I soiled myself.
  3. No, really, what did you say? Wuh-huh? And then, possibly, holy fuck. But I meant it in a very sentiment, caring way.
  4. When's the baby due? February 6th. Give or take.
  5. How does Beth feel? Queasy, not puking, but queasy. And tired.
  6. How do you feel? Queasy, not puking, but queasy. And tired.
  7. Are you going to find out the sex? We had the sex. Aren't you paying attention? Oh, the baby's sex? Yep, we'll find out but not for a little while.
  8. Boy or girl - what do you want? I want a second kid, one that's healthy, happy, with all twenty fingers and toes. Beyond that, I'm easy. Although we sure do have a lot of girly clothes we could put to good use. It's either have another girl or train a legion of female circus chimps. Which could be a good source of extra cash, I guess.
  9. Have you thought of any names? Not knowing the sex makes it a little more of a challenge. The only one we've come up with is Nofe (with an accent on the e, of course). Mia dumped her alphabet puzzle and those four letters lined themselves up. Call it fate, call it serendipity - I think you'll agree that it's a pretty bitchin' name that would work out great for a boy or a girl.
  10. What does Mia think of the idea? We're working though the whole new house thing at the moment. Once we get that in the rear-view, we'll deal with the whole big sister concept. Baby steps, so to speak.
  11. So, this is why there was such a rush for the new house? Nope. The two had absolutely nothing to do with each other. We caught the house bug before the whole reproductive process kicked in. It was just a rather fortuitous coincidence.
  12. How do you feel about the whole thing? I'm excited, nervous, terrified and still moderately bewildered by the entire thing. And I'm trying to stock up on sleep. Because I'm sure I'll never sleep again.

Thanks to all you guys for your kind words and good wishes. I hope you stay tuned for the ride to come. I trust it'll be interesting.

Posted by Chris at August 7, 2007 6:14 AM
Comments

I love your sense of humor.

Aren't you moving soon? Within the next two weeks or so?

Posted by: Maria at August 7, 2007 6:55 AM

I am so excited for you, Beth and Mia. Oh and little Nofe too. :)

Posted by: Anna at August 7, 2007 7:57 AM

Congrats!

Although wishing for 20 fingers and toes could still bite you in the butt....personally, I'm hoping for 10 of each for babies #2 (yours and mine).

Posted by: Ross at August 7, 2007 7:59 AM

Oh, there is no chance it won't be interesting!! This part of the process is half the fun! Am I right or am I right? ;)

Posted by: BID at August 7, 2007 8:10 AM

Thank heavens, you covered all of my questions!

I was so excited about this, I text messaged my sister and said, "Beth and Chris are pregnant!" and we both squealed with glee for you three.

I asked Beth if she'd do the belly pictures but she said she's already so fat. I find that hard to believe. I thought that was the most fun thing during her pregnancy with Mia. Convince her, will ya?

Posted by: Emily at August 7, 2007 8:17 AM

lol@ stock up on sleep. Sorry, but I don't think it works that way!

Again, congrats! This baby will have an awesome family!

Posted by: Alissa at August 7, 2007 8:18 AM

Congrats again! I can't wait to hear how Mia reacts when she figures out what's going on.

Posted by: Fraulein N at August 7, 2007 8:23 AM

awwww, dude, congrats! i must have missed the update about baby #2! i rarely get a chance to read all the blogs i used to (busy new job, life, wedding planning, etc), but i just had to stop by when i saw this email update. i'm so happy for the two of you! yay!! :D

Posted by: Judy at August 7, 2007 8:24 AM

Sorry I wasn't able to say this yesterday, but Congratulations and good luck!

Posted by: Jessie at August 7, 2007 8:31 AM

So...... will new baby "___________" get a website that Mia f.k.a. the Cactusfish did?? I hope so!! For those of us, having trouble getting our own show on the road, its fun following yours!!

Posted by: Stephanie at August 7, 2007 8:33 AM

You are so funny!

Posted by: linda at August 7, 2007 8:36 AM

Did someone actually ask you how it happened? Seriously?

Pretty impeccable timing on the house. It should be nicely broken in by the time Nofe arrives. Congratulations.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at August 7, 2007 9:02 AM

Holy crud, congratulations! You're got your work cut out for you, but I have faith in you, Grasshopper. I'd be terrified as hell...

Posted by: croutonboy at August 7, 2007 9:14 AM

Long time lurker. I just wanted to give you and Beth a HUGE congratulations! How very fun and exciting!!!! I have 10 month old twins, so trust me I know about the no sleep thing....but sheesh if I would have known you could stock up on it I would be in a much better place. =)

Posted by: lesley at August 7, 2007 9:43 AM

Yeah I'm so excited for you guys. Congrats!

Posted by: Red at August 7, 2007 10:25 AM

hilarious and I love the pictures as usual (the ones from the previous post.)

Congratulations!!!!

Posted by: August at August 7, 2007 10:33 AM

Congratulations! :)

One thing I found that helped with the whole 'nother baby coming along and getting the 2 yr old to understand--wait until Beth is showing a fair amount. Sully doesn't really understand about brothers and all that. We found out the sex solely to help adjust him. Now we talk about a "little brother" and he knows him by name. I think that helped A LOT. :) Good luck, maybe Beth have a nice easy pregnancy!

Posted by: Phoenix at August 7, 2007 10:43 AM

Nofe and the Bean. That sounds like a rock band.

My good friends James and Aurora announced last week that they're pregnant too. Lots of babies this way come!

And don't you worry. We'll be here with ya!

Posted by: oakley at August 7, 2007 11:35 AM

don't you feel like such an expert this time around? at least this time you know how much sleep deprivation you're walking into.

congratulations!! that is one lucky kid, even if he (i'll throw my guess in that it's a boy) doesn't know it yet, to have such fantastic parents.

Posted by: Noelle at August 7, 2007 11:40 AM

I'm sorry, but the answer to #2 made me giggle out loud. I can totally picture you saying that. As for the soiling...well...I'm trying to forget.

Posted by: wordgirl at August 7, 2007 11:50 AM

nofe...PERFECT! :)

Posted by: ali at August 7, 2007 12:07 PM

I think it's so cool though, because I started reading just after Mia was born so I'll be here for this one. I'm a big ol' geek that way :)

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at August 7, 2007 12:29 PM

congrats! thats really exciting. :)

Posted by: steph at August 7, 2007 1:12 PM

Soiling yourself after quoting Gary Coleman is common after finding out you're going to be a dad again, I hear.

Congrats again. I hope Beth's pregnancy is great and that you don't get too many sympathy cravings. ;)

Posted by: mamatulip at August 7, 2007 1:27 PM

Yeah, two under the age of 3? You can forget sleep. But? You can totally look forward to 5X the giggles. They multiple exponentially.

But then, so do the diapers. And college tuitions.

Cocktail? :)

Posted by: Pammer at August 7, 2007 2:49 PM

LoL! Love the FAQ. We bought this house in July last year. A few weeks later I got pregnant. Must have something to do with buying a house. All that excitement! lol!

Posted by: Mary at August 7, 2007 3:04 PM

Omigosh, I haven't heard the expression "knocked boots" in ages. I LOVE IT! I'm so excited for you guys!!! We're due September 30.... So, hopefully my soon-to-come tales of adjusting to having 2 kids under 2.5 will ease any anxieties you have -- tales like, how my new baby will be sleeping through the night on DAY 2, how the monkey is The Best Helper and totally cooperative and eating EVERYTHING, etc., etc., oh, and how I got skinny again by day 5.... ;)

Posted by: Haley-O at August 7, 2007 3:13 PM

Congratulations, Chris! I'm 22 weeks pregnant myself and therefore love reading about all things gestation-related. I'm sure you guys will make an awesome family of four. :)

Posted by: Frema at August 7, 2007 3:23 PM

Congratulations on the impending new arrival.

I'm sure Mia will be a great Big Sister... although she might actually prefer female circus chimps initially....more fun and all. heh heh

Posted by: ewe_are_here at August 7, 2007 4:05 PM

Yeah... based on the phenomenal gorgeousness of your first progeny, I'd say that sleep is going to be hard to come by in the next 20 or so years, particularly if you have another girl.

You'll never sleep... or if you do, it'll be about a guy showing up to take Mia or Nofe out on a date... he'll be driving a van with a waterbed in the back and a t-shirt that says 'Free moustache rides'.

Buy a gun now.

Posted by: Stacy at August 7, 2007 4:54 PM

Congratulations to you & Beth! You crack me up.. but I'm glad neither of you are puking yet.

Posted by: alyndabear at August 7, 2007 4:58 PM

I sent a congratulatory message to Beth... so figured you needed one too. From another expecting mother to kid 2 (though I am 8 months along now)-- huge congrats! ;-) It should be fun. We went from a boy for kid 1, now to a girl. Seems I can get a little pink now.

Posted by: Bethany at August 7, 2007 4:58 PM

Great news. Beth got the longer comment read the news from her first.

Love how you announce things. Unique sense of humor.

CONGRATS!

Posted by: Diane at August 7, 2007 7:48 PM

My not being able to surf at work made me miss the exciting news. Congrats to the Cactus/Fish family.

Very exciting!!

Posted by: Wicked H at August 7, 2007 8:06 PM

Holy fricken hell! Yay for you and Beth! That is so exciting. I am quite sure Mia will be one of the best big sisters ever.

Posted by: Kari at August 8, 2007 11:33 AM

And you SURE that you and Bryan are not long lost brothers???

Because, did you know that Greeble is really Declan's middle name? And that Greeble is not my maiden name as some people believe - it is a word Bryan *made up* because he thought it would be funny when calling Declan his whole name in anger, we should have something in there to lighten the mood. "Declan Greeble _______, get your ass in here!!!"

We settled on Greeble after I spent 6 months talking him out of having a SOUND as the middle name. As in "Ppphhhppt."

Posted by: aimee/greeblemonkey at August 8, 2007 11:39 AM

The house, the baby... serendipity! (spell?)

Posted by: sue at August 8, 2007 2:23 PM

That is certainly some crazy, unexpected news! Very, very happy for the both of you. :)

Posted by: Zandria at August 8, 2007 7:17 PM

CONGRATS TO YOU ALL! YEAY! SO EXCITED FOR YA'LL.

Posted by: motherofbun at August 8, 2007 8:34 PM

HEY, that's my birthday ;)

Posted by: Tonya at August 8, 2007 11:37 PM

Allow me to be the 40th person to congratulate you. Babies rule!

Posted by: Jason at August 9, 2007 11:00 PM

Allow me to be the 40th person to congratulate you. Babies rule!

Posted by: Jason at August 9, 2007 11:00 PM

I'm a couple of days later than I wanted to be commenting here, but I still want to congratulate you on Baby #2! I'm really excited for you and Beth and Mia, and I can't wait to read all the funny sibling related posts that are sure to come!

Posted by: Heather at August 10, 2007 12:32 AM

CONGRATS! 2nd pregnancies are just as much fun!

Posted by: HipMamaB at August 10, 2007 5:17 PM

Great, another gorgeous Cactus baby that makes me dread the day I have kids just in case they turn out like hairless monkeys.

But seriously.... CONGRATULATIONS!

Posted by: Tink at August 11, 2007 10:57 PM

Dude... I go on vacation and the whole world changes! Congratulations on the new home AND the new baby. Exciting!!!! :)

Posted by: Laura at August 13, 2007 3:00 PM

congratulations! that's awesome news. guess you got the move done just in time so your wife could still carry boxes! LOL, just kidding. best wishes as you navigate the wonderful world of living with #2 on the way!

Posted by: dadinprogress at August 13, 2007 4:02 PM

congrats guys! nofe- i think i saw that on a personalized shelf in the pottery barn catalog, right next to "ethan"

Posted by: kimblahg at August 14, 2007 6:02 PM

Posted by: kimblahg at August 14, 2007 6:02 PM

Posted by: kimblahg at August 14, 2007 6:02 PM

oops- i meant TRIPLE THE CONGRATULATIONS with triple the comments

Posted by: kimblahg at August 14, 2007 6:03 PM

If you are willing to buy real estate, you would have to receive the home loans. Furthermore, my mother usually takes a short term loan, which supposes to be really useful.

Posted by: MaeTyson at April 1, 2010 9:50 PM

Some specialists say that mortgage loans help a lot of people to live the way they want, just because they can feel free to buy needed things. Moreover, various banks give bank loan for different persons.

Posted by: business loans at June 6, 2011 11:04 PM