August 9, 2007

Sleepless in Virginia

I am a morning person. Beth is not. By any stretch of the imagination. This can cause frequent conflict, especially now that Mia and I have ganged up on her. Mia's a morning person too. Last night, neither of us slept worth a damn. We were thinking about the new house. And whenever we did finally fall asleep, Mia, with a new set of molars making themselves known, started crying. Then, this morning, I couldn't find my shoes.

Me: Good morning
Her: Merhsushushs
Me: No sleep?
Her: No.
Me: Me either. I thought about the new house all night.
Her: Me too.
Me: Have a good day. I love you.
Her: I love you too.

...five minutes later I returned to the darkened bedroom...

Her: What's wrong?
Me: I can't find my shoes.
Her: If you put them away, this wouldn't happen.
Me: You'd have been helpful the day after the Hindenburg disaster - Hydrogen? Not such a good idea dudes!
Her: I'm asleep you know.
Me: Bye.

...five minutes later I returned to the darkened bedroom...again...

Her: Back again?
Me: I can't find my fucking shoes!
Her: Try downstairs. Or somewhere else. Please.
Me: Okay. I love you hot ass.
Her: Hot ass?
Me: Yeah, that's what I'm going to call you from now on.
Her: I'll legally change my name. When I'm awake and not trying to sleep!
Me: It should be your rap name.
Her: Because I rap so much.
Me: You should. You'd be good.
Her: Would you please go find your damn shoes and go to work?
Me: Okay. I love you Hot Ass.

And here I am. At work. Tired and ingesting coffee and what I'm sure is a lethal rate.

Posted by Chris at August 9, 2007 7:04 AM
Comments

You know I am thinking that Beth is a very kind and generous woman. I am not a morning person either -- mornings are just cruel. I would have hit you -- with the shoes. :) Then gone blissfully back to sleep.

Posted by: Nat at August 9, 2007 8:13 AM

....... I have to ask, where were the shoes? Or did you give in and go to work wearing flip flops?

Posted by: Stephanie at August 9, 2007 8:15 AM

Sleepless in Los Angeles too. Had just fallen asleep when earthquake hit. Due to my insane fear of earthquakes bred by the 3 major ones I've been in but esp. 94 Northridge, sleep fled immediately to be replaced by neurotic waiting for next one girl who is griding her jaw due to nerves so bad. ugh.

Posted by: Amy at August 9, 2007 8:15 AM

But did you find your shoes??? ;-p

Posted by: Michelle at August 9, 2007 8:16 AM

I hate not being able to find my shoes too! I've gotten in the habit of putting my shoes, socks, and belt out in a pile the night before because while I can fumble around in the dark and find clothes to wear to work, I always seem to end up wearing brown shoes, black belt, and orange socks (or the like) when I try to pick *these* items out in the morning.

I recently bought a second pair of dress shoes, too. Now I have TWO pairs of shoes I can't find when I'm in a hurry!

Posted by: Ross at August 9, 2007 8:27 AM

So, you found the shoes? You're at work in your socks?

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at August 9, 2007 8:35 AM

Are you wearing shoes?

When we moved noone slpt for three days... I hope it gets better and good luck this weekend!

Posted by: Just Janice at August 9, 2007 8:40 AM

Did you find your shoes? Enquiring minds want to know.

Posted by: Maria at August 9, 2007 8:48 AM

You're totally shoeless at work, aren't you?

Posted by: Fraulein N at August 9, 2007 9:21 AM

I'm agreeing w/ Nat, I totally would have thrown the shoes at your head and let your unconcious butt lay there while I blissed back out! lol

So shoes were found? were replaced w/ snowshoes? perhaps you are wearing Mia's shoes?!

Posted by: Kris at August 9, 2007 9:31 AM

I need to know about the shoes! I have an image of Chris, walking through the office in his sock-feet (those are nice sock, BTW) and clutching a cup of coffee as though it's his saving grace.

I, too, would have thrown something at your head when you returned to the darkened room.

Posted by: MamaKaren at August 9, 2007 9:56 AM

I feel her pain. I am not a morning person either, yet I'm married to one. He knows better than to speak to me. I yell mean and nasty things. Then i get up 2 hours later and pretend it didn't happen. Cause us non morning people are like that.

Posted by: Karen at August 9, 2007 10:36 AM

So, what exactly are you wearing on your feet?

D does this all the time, only he actually will turn the lights on and then wonders why my palm pilot, cell phone, and whatever else is handy are whizzing past his head.

Posted by: Krush at August 9, 2007 11:16 AM

I am reallly not a morning person... I'm with Beth on this one...

Cannot survive w/out coffee! (shaking triple shot iced latte at you)

Posted by: Sue R at August 9, 2007 11:58 AM

Is it the sign of a good marriage when one person is a morning person and the other is a night owl? If so, the Boy and I have that DOWN. He's still asleep after working all night long on the thesis. Glad to be home, though! :) Here's to those molars coming through today and the pain ending in Mia's mouth today. Poor baby.

Posted by: alektra at August 9, 2007 12:18 PM

Your conversations crack me up!!

How's the persuading going? Making progress? Tell her that she could put it on Vimeo like those people did on YouTube with 9 months of gestation in 20 seconds!!

Posted by: Emily at August 9, 2007 12:29 PM

Hopefully you are there with your shoes?

Posted by: Jeff A at August 9, 2007 12:40 PM

I really do not care about the shoes. I'm on Beth's side. Just shaddup already... I'm sleeping. (Hubs and I just had a rather loud discussion this morning because I was NOT awake and he was and wanted to talk...and I didn't. Ever.)

Have a good day~~

Posted by: sue at August 9, 2007 1:09 PM

I only vaguely remember this morning, but I am confident that I have never in my life spoken that many consecutive words before 9 AM. Liar.

Posted by: Mrs. Cactus at August 9, 2007 1:19 PM

Heh. You guys are funny. (Me = not morning person either. Hey, it's still morning here.)

Posted by: Heather at August 9, 2007 1:24 PM

Too funny, you are lucky you escaped without one of her shoes being thrown at your head.. Never interrupt a sleeping woman, those are the rules, hot ass or not.. lol..

Posted by: MsRebecca at August 9, 2007 2:28 PM

Morning people suck.

Posted by: Annie at August 9, 2007 2:36 PM

Hahah @ Beth. Me either. The Meester usually values his life too much to come anywhere near me anytime before morning is over.

Posted by: statia at August 9, 2007 4:04 PM

See, I'm betting that Chris never found his shoes and ended up wearing a pair of Beth's pumps into the office today. That'll give his co-workers something to talk about for years.

Posted by: J at August 9, 2007 5:05 PM

All of us are wondering the same thing. Where were your shoes?

Posted by: ann adams at August 9, 2007 5:10 PM

You know... a similar situation happened here, except my hunny is now called "scrumptious buns". ;)

Posted by: Laura at August 9, 2007 7:17 PM

Cute.

If I ever move again, I'm making everyone keep their shoes in the garage or in a mud room. My guys keep their shoes everywhere and my boy frequently misplaces them--all over the house

Posted by: Diane at August 9, 2007 7:41 PM

It's a good thing we women like to stock up on shoes. You never see us wandering around in the mornings looking for a pair because we have plenty of backups.

Posted by: angela at August 9, 2007 11:11 PM

Haha! So did you end up going to work on your socks? ;)

Posted by: Nadine at August 10, 2007 3:22 AM

Ugh, you and my husband! Although I get "does this match" instead of "I can't find my shoes". Thankfully, Lilli is willing to sleep in sometimes, plus she's old enough now to get up, turn on the tv or computer and amuse herself for awhile.

Posted by: Kelley at August 10, 2007 11:36 PM

What is hilarious is Bryan had nearly the exact conversation today. I play you and he plays Beth. We rode in to work today together and finally he grunted at me and said "Do you annoy *yourself* this much when it's just you in the car?!?!"

Posted by: aimee greeblemonkey at August 11, 2007 2:25 AM

I am *not* a morning person in anyway... might be because I am up at 2:47 a.m. working most nights - or maybe not ;)

Posted by: Chrissie at August 11, 2007 2:48 AM

Posted by: Chrissie at August 11, 2007 2:48 AM

I do not know why I constantly double-post on here, sorry!!

Posted by: Chrissie at August 11, 2007 2:49 AM

You're so much nicer to a grumpy morning person than Hoop is (AKA, me). Then again, I'm like TNT in the morning. I set everything and one around me off too. Kaboom.

Posted by: Tink at August 11, 2007 10:54 PM

This TOTALLY makes me want to sleep with you guys.

Posted by: Paige at August 12, 2007 6:12 PM