October 29, 2007

The Great Lazy Weekend of '07

There are weekends during which you come up with a list of 3,309 things you want to do and get every single one of them done. You paint the house, landscape your yard, teach your kid to use the toilet, carve pumpkins, perfect a rare brain transplant surgery, solve the whole issue of hunger in sub-Saharan Africa, read the latest translation of War And Peace, and, to top it all off, catch up on some of the sleep you missed during the previous week.

This was not one of those weekends.

After days and days and days of rain, the clouds miraculously parted and there was sun. And it was good. And the people - namely us - rejoiced. But other than all the rejoicing action, they did very little. And that was double-plus good. I'd like to tell you that the weekend was more involved than that, but it wasn't. We were lazy. And this weekend I needed lazy like Britney needs panties and a good driver's ed course. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the only time I left the house was on Sunday, when we took Mia to a local farm to check out the animals. For some strange reason she was afraid of each of them. Apparently she's heard about the outbreak of baby pig attacks and the ambushes by carnivorous sheep. We didn't really understand it either.

Other than that, we read, we caught up on all the wonderful things TiVo's been keeping track of for us (Bionic Woman rocks, Private Practice does not, and on Grey's Anatomy it finally seems as if the writers have stopped taking large hits of meth), and we ordered a lot of takeout.

The upcoming week isn't going to be a lot of fun. I'm not at all looking forward to it. Hopefully I banked enough laziness to keep my sanity. Wish me lots of luck.

What did you guys do this weekend?

Posted by Chris at October 29, 2007 6:25 AM
Comments

ALOT of the same....(take-out wise)...oh and made cupcakes...and soup...and various other non-healhty things (cravings, anyone? yea...)

AND saw the most AWESOME costume EVAH....Check Steps 1 and 2 on the blog!

Posted by: wn at October 29, 2007 7:19 AM

I'm finding it difficult to remember, which suggests I didn't do all that much. I know I dug over my vegetable patch, as my lower back muscles keep reminding me.

Posted by: Sarah at October 29, 2007 8:05 AM

Oh I love the picture of Mia. She looks right at home on that tractor!

Posted by: Maribeth at October 29, 2007 8:36 AM

I am not really awake? So when you said you ordered a whole lot of takeout, I thought you'd said a whole lot of naked, and I thought, "Hm, that may be more than I needed to know about Chris and Beth's weekend."
My weekend went very fast too, mostly because I've been feeling icky and in bed for most of it and though I got a lot of reading done, I really feel as though the whole point of weekending was rather sadly missed!
Also, love the picture :)

Posted by: Heather at October 29, 2007 8:41 AM

private practice is SOO bad.

(sounds like the perfect weekend to me!)

Posted by: ali at October 29, 2007 9:05 AM

For me the weekend involved a whole lotta cooking and merry time with friends. Oh and sleeping till past noon both the days. Dont look at me like that, I slept when it was morning...

Posted by: Dee at October 29, 2007 9:14 AM

Running the kids to hockey--once on Friday, three times on Saturday; carving pumpkins; swimming lessons; installing wainscotting in the upstairs bathroom--yup, ours was a busy one.

Posted by: Susan at October 29, 2007 9:16 AM

We had the same sort of weekend. I think it was the final change from hot to cool, crisp Fall weather that did it.

I heard the early reviews for Bionic Woman weren't that good, and zoned out. I wanted Private Practice to be good so badly, and have been trying to support it, but frankly, it sucks. And I still love Gray's.

Posted by: Candy at October 29, 2007 9:39 AM

I ran in a local 2km race with my 7 year old son. He beat me by 1 minute and 6 seconds. You're impressed, aren't you?

Posted by: Loth at October 29, 2007 10:14 AM

Dude, you do not even want to imagine my weekend. The sad sad evidence is here: http://photosoftheday.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-28-2007.html

Though there was pumpkin carving on Saturday and that was awesome.

Posted by: Laura GF at October 29, 2007 10:27 AM

I went to bed Saturday night and woke up this morning. Laziness? You betcha'.

Posted by: GreenCanary at October 29, 2007 10:42 AM

Hmm, well, I went to an acupuncture appt for the 1st time ever - it rocked! I also had girl's night a friend's house which consisted of eating, drinking and being merry! On Sunday we went to see the colors again, tripped around the little town nearby that has lots of tourist items, etc and mostly just hung out and did the usual household chores. Generally a lazy weekend but it was really wonderful as well!

Posted by: Christina at October 29, 2007 11:06 AM

My biggest achievement this weekend was to catch a cold. I also played some poker, watched some football and made some delicious food, but the cold is all I can think about right now.

Posted by: Melissa at October 29, 2007 11:15 AM

I hemmed The Boy's costume. (This is news since every one seems impressed that I can thread a needle.) Took photos of boy in costume. The Man and I discussed how some people find our (ironic) of "The Boy" offensive. Ate. Slept

Run a 10K on Sunday and ate. Too much. Chilled. Wondered about the insomnia.

Posted by: Nat at October 29, 2007 11:30 AM

Low key weekend - Friday I came down with the germs my kids have been coughing around for the past few weeks, so I spent Saturday pretty much holding the couch down while watching crap on Food Network (and letting Hubby be on Dad duty!). Yesterday, I was feeling a smidge better so I took a mini day trip with some girlfriends to Ikea. It was nice to get a bit of a break. Being a Stay at home mom who also works PT from home, I'm usually burning the candle at both ends. A break was niiiiiiiiice.

Posted by: Sarah at October 29, 2007 11:51 AM

Sounds like a really nice weekend. And I agree, Grey's was pretty good this past Thursday.

Friday we were lazy. Saturday we were lazy. And Sunday we were lazy too. We did manage to make an appearance at a Halloween party and drop some money at Target. We also say Dan in Real Life. And I napped, for like half the day yesterday. Great weekend.

I hope you make it through this week in one piece.

Posted by: Jennie at October 29, 2007 12:01 PM

Inside scoop on Bionic Woman is that it's going to be canceled. Might not want to get too involved. ;)

Posted by: colleen at October 29, 2007 12:20 PM

Oh my gosh, I know...the rain was driving me nuts! We had a sort of lazy weekend too...football, pumpkin carving and then Field of Screams to top it off last night.

Posted by: Katie at October 29, 2007 12:41 PM

Cutest baby profile EVER.

We....let's see. What did we do? Oh! We ate pizza twice! And--AND--watched a disc of My Name is Earl, season two.

Posted by: Swistle at October 29, 2007 12:56 PM

Private Practice makes me crazy because EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. in that office is gorgeous. Gorgeous AND brilliant in their respective fields. It's like a car wreck. I know I shouldn't watch, I'm sorry when I do...but I just can't look away. Yet.

Posted by: wordgirl at October 29, 2007 1:16 PM

Work.Work.Work. Damnit.

Posted by: sue at October 29, 2007 1:28 PM

Your weather looked as gorgeous as ours! Let's see - I went to an all-day concert for a bunch of people I'd never heard of but loved on Saturday. Sunday, I did some yard work and things around the house. Mostly, though? I just relaxed. :o)

Posted by: Emily at October 29, 2007 2:30 PM

I love that picture.

I'm loving Bionic Woman and Dirty Sexy Money. Have you seen that one? Private Practice is okay. I could take it or leave it.

I saw a ton of TV this weekend and carved the hell out of some pumpkins. Not really much else, which was great.

Posted by: Phoenix at October 29, 2007 3:12 PM

I just thought to add that, while we didn't do MUCH, we did manage to nab a copy of Guitar Hero III. That solidified what we did Sunday.

Posted by: Candy at October 29, 2007 3:50 PM

Those are the best kinds of weekends.
Hope the week isn't TOO bad.

Posted by: Janet at October 29, 2007 5:01 PM

Ugh. PLEASE, send some of that sun my way. It's been raining for so long my skin is perma-pruned.

Posted by: Tink at October 29, 2007 5:39 PM

I too had the laziest of lazy weekends. It was lovely.

Posted by: suze at October 29, 2007 9:47 PM

Of all the tasks you listed, i was gonna congratulate you on the "teach your kid to use the toilet". Over a weekend? You had me impressed for a while.

Posted by: NM at October 30, 2007 1:11 AM

Our weekends are never lazy, as long as you don't count staying in bed most days til noon. *grin*

We went to the Solomon Island Tiki Bar closing, then spent the night in the new hotel (name isn't recalled) and it rocked! Flat screen TVs and anything you could imagine, all for $120.00, not bad!!

Tiki Bar was a bust...$50.00 for the Grill Sargent and all it was was meat. We walked up to the Pier, where I was met with a HUGE captain and diet by our regular bartender, guess she thought I was thirsty.

Then we decided since we weren't going home and we hadn't been to Catamaran's in years, we'd hang out with the 20 somethings like we were kids. A co-worker was there, so we danced a bit (me and the co-worker, hubby doesn't), got rip roaring drunk and went back to the hotel, where we took no advantage of anything we paid for. LOL dropped into a drunken coma and woke up.

Went to breakfast...came home to housework....UGH!

Posted by: been there, done that at October 30, 2007 3:03 PM

We did this: http://flickr.com/photos/mollyh61398/sets/72157602702890692/

AND took first place.. :)

Sunday we went to a pumpkin patch with the kids and had a bonfire with our next door neighbors.

It was a beautiful weekend. :)

Posted by: molly at October 30, 2007 4:09 PM