October 10, 2007

The Hump Day Challenge

You know how sometimes I get all deep and reflect on life or fatherhood or something? Or I break out some deeply intellectual and introspective question for you to ponder over coffee? Yeah, that ain't happening today. Instead, I challenge you all to something silly (because, who doesn't like some good hump day fun?) - caption this or, at the very least, explain how I came to be like this:

sombrero%20madness.jpg

The person who makes me shoot stuff out of my nose the farthest wins, uh, something. So, internets - bring it!

Posted by Chris at October 10, 2007 6:46 AM
Comments

That last pic looks like you had a few too many re-fried beans!

Posted by: Amber at October 10, 2007 7:09 AM

This is obviously an action shot of famed Mexican wrestler Pablo “Pastel” Sombrero in the midst of his signature move “Montezuma’s Flaming Flatulence”.

First we see Pablo striking a sweet gangsterish pose as he concentrates the burrito fueled gases in his gullet.

Secondly he prepares for release as he firmly plants his feet into an appropriate “Flaming Flatulence” stance. Notice the force one must stomp down with in order to achieve the proper anchorage for such a devastating maneuver.

Finally, in the seconds before he unleashes hell upon his enemies, in this case an unsuspecting refrigerator, he contorts his face as he clenches up and prepares to attack! “FIRE IN THE HOLE! Olay”

Posted by: Matt at October 10, 2007 7:33 AM

The world-famous Mexican wrestler, El Cacto Grosero, battles the hated Invisible Man in a best two out of three falls "Kitchen Brawl".

Posted by: Scott at October 10, 2007 7:36 AM

Sorry, laughing too hard to contribute anything useful. Does it help that you nearly made *me* shoot my Pepsi out my nose?

Posted by: Alissa at October 10, 2007 7:47 AM

Yeah, I was going to try and be all clever and funny. But that Matt guy wins.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 10, 2007 7:58 AM

Looks to me like the ritual of the great mexican poop

Posted by: Tera at October 10, 2007 8:19 AM

Looks to me like the ritual of the great mexican poop

Posted by: Tera at October 10, 2007 8:19 AM

After being brought from his native country Jose has a little trouble understanding the term lighting the gas stove and tries his damnest to help out with the "gas" part...

Posted by: Stephanie at October 10, 2007 8:28 AM

Taco Bell! The new sponsor of the Japanese sumo wrestling team

Posted by: mikkie at October 10, 2007 8:30 AM

Here is my caption-

"How in the hell did this guy impregnate Beth."

Posted by: William at October 10, 2007 8:30 AM

Well, someone had to demonstrate to Mia how Beth's Vbac will look. And obviously no self respecting woman would give birth without her double sombrero (one for the new baby when it comes) and knee/elbow pads.

Posted by: Cassandra at October 10, 2007 9:12 AM

50 pesos (aka Chris Cactus) started out humbly. Here he is practicing some of his highly choreographed dance moves in his kitchen in 1999. These are before the fame of a billion dollar record deal sent him crashing through a life drugs, loose women and flatulent beans.

Posted by: Arwen at October 10, 2007 9:17 AM

You're choreographing the Mexican version of Men Without Hat's lovely tune, Safety Dance. The last panel is the re-arrival of that funny-tasting fish taco you had for lunch.

Heh...Fish taco.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at October 10, 2007 9:18 AM

You know how we joke about embarrassing baby pictures you can bust out on Mia's prom night?

Yeah, they're nothing compared to this set.

Posted by: Fraulein N at October 10, 2007 9:32 AM

Ok, I dunno how you got that way, but it looks like that bean burrito is making a run for the border!

Posted by: Traci at October 10, 2007 9:35 AM

This is the one of the funniest things I've seen online in a while.
Here's something to show my appreciation:
htp://www.incirlik.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/070520-F-7996H-003.jpg

Posted by: Lisa at October 10, 2007 9:41 AM

The only thing to do is quote the Bible: NACHO LIBRE. Long live Jack Black!

Nacho: Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour.

Chancho: So you've never wrestled?

Nacho: Me? No. Come on. Don't be crazy. I know the wrestlers get all the fancy ladies, and the clothes, and the fancy creams and lotions. But my life is good! Really good! I get to wake up every morning, at 5AM, and make some soup! It's the best. I love it. I get to lay in a bed, all by myself, all of my life! That's fantastic! Go. Go away! Read some books!

Posted by: GreenCanary at October 10, 2007 9:57 AM

I got nothin'... have I mentioned I am sick? *insert whine*

Posted by: sue at October 10, 2007 10:05 AM

"cacto libre" :)

crap...just read the comments and green canary beat me to it....

Posted by: ali at October 10, 2007 10:30 AM

Sumo Pooper ready....

Sumo Pooper dANCE...!!!!

SUMO POOPER POOP!!!!

Posted by: Brad at October 10, 2007 10:41 AM

yeah, I am laughing too hard to try to come up with something clever

Posted by: Slinger at October 10, 2007 11:04 AM

No matter how much he prepares...no matter the safety precautions, he cannot deliver the baby for Beth.

Posted by: MammaLoves at October 10, 2007 12:06 PM

You are attempting to do the hokey-pokey latin style.

But you didn't quite achieve the look you were going for.....

Posted by: Jen at October 10, 2007 12:35 PM

Chris tries hard to relinquish his standing as DILF. Despite his best efforts, he remains a DIPLF (dad I'd probably like to...).

Posted by: Trix at October 10, 2007 12:38 PM

William wins! Too funny.

Posted by: Leilani at October 10, 2007 12:46 PM

Power Farting.

That's what it looks like to me.
And thank god you were wearing protective gear.
Hope you didn't get any on ya.

Kisses...the pup.

Posted by: speck at October 10, 2007 1:03 PM

Clearly, he is asserting the superiority of Mexican food and tortillas over that box of pasta in the top frame. The two sombreros serve to show the strength of his conviction. Caption: "Al dente?! I'll show you what I think of your al dente!"

Posted by: Judy at October 10, 2007 1:10 PM

Clearly, it's easier than eating things.

Posted by: bhd at October 10, 2007 1:24 PM

Beth must have been having a very odd (and slightly perverted) pregnancy craving that you were trying to satisfy.

Posted by: fauve at October 10, 2007 1:31 PM

Knowing that you don't drink throws every theory I have out the window.

Posted by: whit at October 10, 2007 2:16 PM

Here comes another invisible clown. I'll get that little bugger.

I'll hit you with my sombrero and dance on your big red nose until you wipe that annoying smirk of your face.

Oh no! Gotta do a number 2.

I hope you made it to the bathroom in time!

Posted by: Nadine at October 10, 2007 3:20 PM

it's the newest dance...The Constipated Cactus!!!

Posted by: Wicked H at October 10, 2007 4:13 PM

Chris is practicing to coach Beth during labor, hoping to make her laugh so hard she shoots new baby right out instead of going through hours nad hours and hours and hours of labor.

Posted by: joss is boss at October 10, 2007 4:46 PM

Its true you are sneaking tequila which as obviously caused constipation... you certainly have that look going on!

Posted by: Steff at October 10, 2007 5:11 PM

Its true you are sneaking tequila which has obviously caused constipation... you certainly have that look going on!

Posted by: Steff at October 10, 2007 5:11 PM

love the hat!!!!!!

Posted by: haley-o at October 10, 2007 5:45 PM

Wrestling with Mia's invisible clowns? :P You look so silly, it's just grand.

Posted by: Heather at October 10, 2007 7:04 PM

"Everybody was sombrero fighting
Those cactus fish were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they fought with hilarious timing"

Posted by: Joanne at October 10, 2007 7:57 PM

I apologize if this was already touched on but, I come to think you have decided to be Dora the Explorer for Halloween. Mia can be Boots.

Posted by: BID at October 10, 2007 9:09 PM

Barilla enema--STAT!

Posted by: Sphincter at October 10, 2007 9:32 PM

My votes: William, Cassandra & Sir.

I can't touch 'em.

Posted by: aimee/greeblemonkey at October 10, 2007 10:49 PM

HOWEVER! Did I mention I got Bryan a Ripstick for his birthday? Your outfit will work perfectly for him on Cinco De Mayo. Ship it west when you are through, will ya?

Posted by: aimee/greeblemonkey at October 10, 2007 10:51 PM

And one more vote: Joanne! bwaaa haa haa!

Posted by: aimee/greeblemonkey at October 10, 2007 10:57 PM

This is what happened when Juan Valdez went loco!

Posted by: Maribeth at October 11, 2007 8:14 AM

The Mexican Rapper who is trying out his new skateboarding gear and gets a serious bout of constipation.

"See my knee can't feel my elbow punding into it. Oh crap! My turd is stuck!"

Posted by: Red at October 11, 2007 9:14 AM

You are acting out this scene from the movie Nacho Libre for family entertainment:

Nacho: Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice pile drive to the face... or a punch to the face... but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbor.

Chancho: So you've never wrestled?

Posted by: Christina at October 11, 2007 9:33 AM

Matt's comment is hysterical.

I was going to go with Tequila and Mexican food as well, but Matt wins.

Posted by: meleah rebeccah at October 11, 2007 10:00 AM

Carrying invisible toilet.

Plunging invisible toilet.

Using invisible toilet.

Posted by: Holmes at October 11, 2007 10:04 AM

Hump Day mating dance?!? Dude, you said Beth was already pregnant. You don't need to do that dance anymore, ever.

Posted by: michele at October 11, 2007 3:27 PM

While channeling Captain Morgan on Cinco de Mayo, Chris was surprised to discover that the Cap'n apparently suffers from the occasional hernia.

Posted by: Amy at October 11, 2007 6:45 PM