December 10, 2007

Ho-Ho-Holy Crap It's Monday

This weekend was a packed one. Especially compared to last weekend in which I hid out in my basement and never left the house.

On Saturday, the three of us managed to escape the surly bonds of home and found a perfect Christmas tree. So we bought it and brought it home. Then Beth and I went out on a date. Since my birthday fell on a school night, we asked my parents to come over and babysit while Beth and I went out for a nice dinner on Saturday night. We hit a good new Indian place and got all our Christmas shopping for Mia done.

We decorated our tree - and the house - on Sunday. Mia helped. Hence the unusual concentration of ornaments on the lowest branches of the tree. And I managed to put lights on the tree without shouting obscenities. Something of a first for me. And then we wrote our letter to Santa. More on that later.

Now, for those of you who read about my troubling behavior on Friday, I'd like to set the record straight. I'll have you know there's a really good excuse - Mia wanted me to. Really, do you need more? She told me we were having a birthday party for her trains. And I needed a party dress...which she then handed me. Who can argue with that kind of logic?

Reason #431 I'll never be elected president:

And what did you do this weekend?

Posted by Chris at December 10, 2007 6:30 AM
Comments

Although I am female, sadly, lingerie was not invloved. We also celebrated my husband's birthday since his fell on a school night. There was also laundry, grocery shopping and other misc. shopping to be done. And football.

Although I didn't cram my weekend full of too much stuff, I still feel I qualify for an extra day. Who do I speak to about that?!???

Posted by: ironic1 at December 10, 2007 6:59 AM

The husband and I drove out to Charles County, MD to buy a great library table. Then we drove back to Alexandria where I crossed the Woodrow Wilson Bridge for the first time (for Washingtonian's that thing is the bane of our existence and I have lived here for 2.5 years without dealing with it). We walked around Old Towne Alexandria and tried out the best Fish and Chips place in America (and I have had a lot of fish and chips). Then we window-shopped until we walked off lunch and came home and did chores. It was a great Saturday!

Posted by: at December 10, 2007 7:22 AM

Posted by: Goodsnake at December 10, 2007 7:23 AM

Got mad at you b/c you wouldn't let Michael come over to play.

Posted by: jodi at December 10, 2007 8:01 AM

You never looked so good! The things you do for your kids that would have never crossed your mind before, huh? I mean, maybe it crossed your mind before to wear Beth's lingerie but you just didn't act on it. Or maybe you did wear Beth's lingerie before and now are just glad you can admit it out loud b/c you have Mia to blame. Who am I to judge???

Posted by: Shelly at December 10, 2007 8:04 AM

My weekend sucked because I've been sick and my mini roadtrip was cancelled at the last minute (Pout). Instead of going to Chicago, I instead stayed in town and went to Costco (yeah, I'm that cool). Sunday, my hubby and I went shopping for the kids' for Xmas and then went home to prepare for our 2nd annual cookie decorating party. All told we had 9 kids (plus parents) here decorating over 200 sugar and gingerbread cookies - which we then sent home with them so I wouldn't eat them all. Fun times.

Posted by: sarah at December 10, 2007 8:06 AM

Pretty!

Posted by: Fraulein N at December 10, 2007 8:55 AM

You wear it well!

Posted by: diane at December 10, 2007 9:36 AM

Huh. Nice excuse (wink wink!)

We had our big Christmas bash on Friday in Indy. It was wonderful (our parties are always stellar). I enjoyed all the amenities of a five star hotel (Conrad) including a morning at the spa (best facial EVER) and OUR first time away from Matthew together (even though my husband spent most of his time face down in the toilet.) Not much occurred beyond that because I had a horrible headache and was sick to my stomach though I did manage to get more shopping done buying even more stuff that I did not really need to buy!? Oh well.

Posted by: Christina at December 10, 2007 9:45 AM

we made lots and lots of holiday snacks! Carter (peanut butter) balls, milk chocolate covered pretzels, and dark chocolate covered cherries that involved with stage where you roll each little cherry in fondant that is basically powererd sugar, cherry juice and a liberal serving of cherry cordial, then double dip them in the dark chocolate and hope that in the week they have to spend in the back of the frige in covered containers to liquify the fondant works!

And we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Jingle all the Way with the govenator! Love cheesy holiday movies while making candy! ;-D

Posted by: Michelle at December 10, 2007 9:50 AM

You look so sexy in Beth's lingerie. It could totally get you elected. I'd vote for you.

My weekend? I gave my computer a lobotomy. New hard drive (400 gigs!!). Reinstalled Windows XP. Spent all stinking day yesterday finding drivers and updating software.

Posted by: jessica at December 10, 2007 10:34 AM

I never would've guessed that toy trains have a guys-in-silky-lingerie-and-party-hats fetish.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at December 10, 2007 10:39 AM

Hockey, of course. Decorating the Christmas tree and having it fall on me twice (well, fall toward me--I actually caught it both times...)

Posted by: Susan at December 10, 2007 11:08 AM

SO HOTTTTT!

ha ha ha haaaaaa! I knew this was the reason why, but it's still good to see it. :) I have a 4-year-old who still thinks its perfectly acceptable that I play the queen or princess.

Posted by: Brad at December 10, 2007 11:54 AM

I had to click on the full sized photo to see, and then I was going to *ask* if you were wearing lingerie, but then I clicked to your wife's blog as instructed and confirmed for myself. And now I think that photo is redonkedly adorable but it the severestly disturbing way.

And that's all I have to say about that.

(I may have just watched Forrest Gump recently.)

Posted by: Poppy at December 10, 2007 12:02 PM

Now Chris. I recall about 18 months ago or so when you commented (on my blog)regarding my dress up shoes that I woke up still wearing. And now this? Well well well. Never such a good idea to judge, eh?? I kid!

This weekend? I went to a cookie baking party in my pajamas and drank champagne while listening to Christmas music. I got to pulverize candy canes for the chocolate peppermint dipped cookies.

Finally, and most importantly,I watched hours upon hours of Real Housewives of Orange County on my DVR. Pure bliss I tell you.

Posted by: Stella at December 10, 2007 12:50 PM

That's a great look for you Chris!

You'd be so proud of what I did this weekend. I set up my Mother and father in law's new MAC. All me...all by myself...who'd have thunk people would call me for tech support. i should charge, no?

Posted by: lil foots mommy at December 10, 2007 2:50 PM

You look... umm... yeah.

So spill, what's the new indian place. Hubby and I are headed to the Corcoran for the Ansel Adams and Annie Leibovitz shows and then out to dinner after. He mentioned indian... Yummmm... Masala...

Posted by: Karen at December 10, 2007 3:38 PM

(by way of so the fish said)

mmmhumm, quick thinking "Mia made me do it"

*wink*

Posted by: Nancy at December 10, 2007 4:04 PM

I just have to say wow! :)

Posted by: ::c:: at December 10, 2007 4:42 PM

You look FAB-ulous!

Posted by: Becky at December 10, 2007 4:52 PM

sexay ;)

sounds like an eventful weekend. we basically watched a lot of football and i made a 25 pound lasanga. other than that, things were pretty quiet. but thats gonna change this weekend when we get our brand new puppy from the breeder. my kid is gonna flip! i hope.....

Posted by: madmom at December 10, 2007 5:12 PM

My 3-1/2-year-old daughter just saw your picture and noticed the birthday hat ... and she sang happy birthday to you. (She didn't say anything about your dress, but it sorta looks like the princess costume she's wearing.)

Posted by: Becky at December 10, 2007 5:38 PM

This weekend, I baked my first batch of Christmas cookies for the season, went to the gym, hit up two holiday parties, and watched football all day Sunday. No cross-dressing for me.

Posted by: Stephanie at December 10, 2007 5:54 PM

We also picked up our Christmas tree from a local tree farm, decorated it, put up Charlotte's first stocking, and braved the crowds to do some Christmas shopping. Oh! And I was good and went to the gym yesterday. :)

Posted by: Dawn at December 10, 2007 6:11 PM

It looks surprisingly good on you ;-)

Posted by: Heather at December 10, 2007 6:48 PM

Lookin' snazzy, Chris. I'd say you need a brighter color- the light pink isn't really "you". :)

Posted by: Cassandra at December 10, 2007 9:25 PM

I went to see It’s A Wonderful Life in the theatre. Very cool.

Posted by: Sphincter at December 10, 2007 9:42 PM

maybe beth is wrong...maybe pink IS your color!! hahaha!

Posted by: ali at December 10, 2007 9:45 PM

I really hope that this looks better on Beth than it does you. And maybe you should invest in a new party dress for when the trains turn two. You've got time.

Posted by: angela at December 10, 2007 10:43 PM

At least you pair the satiny little number with jeans. You bring lingerie to daily wear! Good for you. LOL.

My first 2 DVDs of "Young Riders" (Does anyone remember this?) arrived so I watched those while I wrapped gifts and did Christmas cards Saturday - Sunday. That's pretty much it. Haha.

Posted by: oakley at December 10, 2007 11:29 PM

Dude, that's hot. ;)

Posted by: Teenuh at December 11, 2007 1:58 AM

You're the best daddy. LOL

I worked this weekend. I'm so exhausted right now that I sound like I have a cold. I also baked cookies. Other than that, I have nothing.

Posted by: Maria at December 11, 2007 4:06 AM

Oh sure, I should be focusing on the lingerie, but I'm noticing the jeans. Very nice by the way. I know you've said you do some shopping at Old Navy, are those Old Navy jeans? They really look nice on you.

Posted by: alfredsmom at December 11, 2007 10:20 AM

OK much better than the mental picture I got after reading Beth's post about you wearing her lingerie!

I think that will get you elected president! I have seen crazier things.

Posted by: Nadine at December 14, 2007 6:01 AM

Following my exploration, millions of people all over the world receive the personal loans at different creditors. Hence, there's good chances to receive a consolidation loan in every country.

Posted by: RushMildred35 at August 13, 2011 1:43 PM