February 4, 2008

Hurry Up, Wait

I realize I don't need to remind you of this but it's Monday. Which means that the weekend has just recently, tragically ended which signals my need top tell you all the crap that I did this weekend. Instead of rambling paragraphs of prose, I have organized key activities (or inactivities as the case may be) into two lists.

Things We Did This Weekend
- installed a ceiling fan;
- patched wall touched up paint around a replaced thermostat;
- hung a Roman shade;
- delivered a long lecture on the rudeness of touching penises (to Mia, not Beth);
- took advantage of nice weather and went to the playground;
- hung curtains over sliding door;
- patched walls in the basement (left over from moving mishaps);
- framed pictures for the nursery; and
- watched a couple quarters of the Superbowl.

Things We Did Not Do This Weekend
- have a kid

It's still the 3.9 of us. Although at this stage, maybe it's 3.97. Wally seems very content where he is. I'm pretty sure he gets that from me. I only left the house once this weekend and that was to hit the local playground with Mia. So at this stage, no news. But we're getting anxious. I mean, I'm not looking forward to the nights in the hospital but it would be nice if Beth could move. Without pain. But still, we wait...

Amidst all of this, I have some heavy work stuff going on. Nothing bad, just stressful. And I have to deliver a major two hour briefing today as well. This week? It's going to be tricky. Wish me luck.

And what did you do this weekend?

Posted by Chris at February 4, 2008 6:19 AM
Comments

Poor Beth. Soon, I hope, soon.

Posted by: ewe_are_here at February 4, 2008 7:12 AM

Wow, you accomplished many of the things that I needed to this weekend. Instead, I was sick in bed. I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting on little Mr Wally, especially for your wife. My son was 2 weeks late and nearly 10 lbs when they finally got him out so I can totally empathize.

Posted by: august at February 4, 2008 7:37 AM

Any Day now...any day.

Posted by: william at February 4, 2008 7:56 AM

See comment on haiku post re: baby.

I am proud of you for getting all that stuff done this weekend. Now sit back, "relax," and let the fun begin. ;)

Posted by: Poppy at February 4, 2008 8:04 AM

Oops, you asked a question. I cooked food for my dad and stepmom then visited them and ate said food. Then Sunday I co-hosted a radio show. Since it only takes an hour to co-host a radio show I clearly had a very lazy Sunday.

Posted by: Poppy at February 4, 2008 8:06 AM

Well, I don't guess it can be TOO much longer now, anyway. Poor Beth--I've been where she is and I know it's uncomfortable, to say the least.

I built a greenhouse this weekend. Really. I also did the grocery shopping and paid bills. But mostly, greenhouse building.

Posted by: Alissa at February 4, 2008 8:12 AM

This was kind of a bad weekend in our house. The BFF has been diagnosed with a host infections and illnesses, all of which require lots of medication that interacts not very well with all the other medication she has to take every day. Also, we're going to have to break our lease early and move into a cheaper place and also probably sell some of our spare organs on the black market so we don't get thrown in jail for evading bill collectors.

On the upside, I have a ginormous cup of coffee on my desk and iChip is cycling through one of my upbeat playlists.

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at February 4, 2008 8:32 AM

I went to a wedding about 6.5 hours away from here. Luckily, was able to drop off small child at parents' house halfway between. Then I had a breakdown about being overbooked on activities, including driving home. But all went well in the end.

Posted by: claire at February 4, 2008 8:35 AM

ah, poor beth indeed! I'm sure all of you are more than anxious to get the show on the road!

what did I do this weekend? ... kept myself occupied while my kiddies were with their dad for the weekend. first time. it's all good!

sending contraction vibes south of the border.

Posted by: Holly at February 4, 2008 9:21 AM

I updated my resume, wrote eight cover letters, filled out two applications (for internships), and read about 200+ pages of material for three different classes.

Also, I watched the Puppy Bowl (yes, I'm lame), ate a lot of pizza, and fake online shopped. (You know, you don't have money, but you put all the things you want in your basket anyway to see how much money you'd need if you could buy everything you wanted. Fun, and sad.) :)

Posted by: Cassandra at February 4, 2008 9:22 AM

It's tax season and i'm married to a cpa - which means the weekends are often the same as the week - he works, I'm home with kids. Having said that, a girlfriend and I dealt with a hideous Mary Kay party saturday night (HATE those) - but we got all glammed up, and hit a piano bar for a few drinks, then went down the road for a big ol' dessert at a nearby restaurant (Yes, booze THEN dessert, that's our rule). Lots of talk, laughs, and chocolate. It was awesome. Yesterday, Hubby WAS home, so we ran some errands, and the only person in the house to take a nap was ME!! (Which meant that Pumpkin went to bed at 7:15 last night, which was fine because at that point, she was so cranky, we were ALL ready for her to go night-night!!)

Posted by: sarah at February 4, 2008 9:28 AM

Awesome accomplishments, my man! You've totally sealed the deal by wrapping up the final big things on your to-do list. I wish you a happy Thursday night baby.

This weekend I drove to St.Louis with my buds and to attend a hockey game and gamble the night away. It was a great time. More on that tomorrow.

Posted by: Brad at February 4, 2008 10:09 AM

1. Loved every. stinkin. minute of the Superbowl.

2. Ate lots and lotsa bad food.

3. Kissed my husband and doggy. Not saying in which order.

Happy Monday!

Posted by: Sarah R at February 4, 2008 10:29 AM

Neither of my girls has ever touched the penis even though they have seen me naked since day one. They will give me a cup check before tae kwon do which I find quite amusing.

Posted by: rex at February 4, 2008 10:47 AM

Hopefully very soon the new addition will arrive. I KNOW Beth has gotta be HELLA uncomfortable and you're probably not much better off for the worry about her comfort and pain. SILLY WALLY COME OUT ALREADY! Sounds like you guys had a productive weekend.

Me? Sat. I spent most of the day making people pay to see kids play basketball. Well, something that RESEMBLED basketball... ok... sometimes not so much resembled but it was WICKED cute... ahem. Sunday I was a slug. Did a lot of nothing then watched the Superbowl, its commercials and HOUSE!

Posted by: NotAMeanGirl at February 4, 2008 10:59 AM

hey! did i ever tell you that i was TWO WEEKS OVERDUE with Sadie? and that I went through three days of labour with a closed cervix (ie she was banging her head up against a closed door)? and that EVEN AFTER BEING INDUCED she took almost fifteen hours to get the heck on out?

What's that? Not the most appropriate time to mention this?

oh. right.

Posted by: s@bd at February 4, 2008 11:02 AM

I'm trying to poop out my first scientific paper and the writing...it is killing me. I've written a lot of stuff over the course of my life and can hold my own with anyone's grammatical whatnot, but science writing is hard. Holy crap, is it hard. Curing cancer had better be worth it.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at February 4, 2008 11:29 AM

look at it as one more weekend you got to spend sleeping through the night ;)

Posted by: ali at February 4, 2008 1:25 PM

I've been wrangling a vomity, constipated child. Wanna trade?

I've got my fingers crossed for Beth. Hope Wally gets in motion soon.

Posted by: Annie, The Evil Queen at February 4, 2008 2:35 PM

Baby sat for twin 6 year olds, dug out after an ice storm, cooked Butternut Squash Curry Soup (delish!) and redesigned Dackel Princess! Yay!!!

Posted by: Maribeth at February 4, 2008 2:37 PM

House hunting. Found the house, but we decided to investigate the neighborhood further before putting in an offer as it's a high-end neighborhood. Hubby is away of this week and had much work to do for the meetings. It was a strange weekend. I watched the Super Bowl all by myself.

Try not to stress. Keep thinking positive, the baby will come soon enough and you will all be sleep deprived.

Posted by: Diane at February 4, 2008 3:23 PM

hOLY CRAP! If my hubby accomplished all that in a YEAR I'd be ecstatic! You rock!

Posted by: Mom On The Run at February 4, 2008 3:41 PM

Here via Wendy's blog. I am in the midst of a home remodel, so I had a weekend much like yours. Except for the waiting ot deliver part. Thos days are behind me and now it's more waiting for them to spontaneously pick up after themselves. Good luck with the baby!

Posted by: citizen of the world at February 4, 2008 3:59 PM

Soon enough he will be here. At last you have the back up plan for the c-section looming soon. I was 2 week overdue and it was HELL!

Posted by: SleepyNita at February 4, 2008 4:58 PM

Well, if only my prediction were right, Wally could rescue you from that two hour briefing maybe. Guess I lose, eh?

Posted by: ocdcontrolfreak at February 4, 2008 5:04 PM

This weekend I did NOT win the Cactus-Fish baby pool. Dagnabbit! :-P

Posted by: GreenCanary at February 4, 2008 5:16 PM

Wally is just trying to avoid the Beaver! Ha, I kill myself. ;)

My weekend was so exciting I'd have to kill you if I told you about it.

Good luck.

Posted by: Nanette at February 4, 2008 5:44 PM

Yardwork, made spaghetti, accounting on Quicken.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen at February 4, 2008 7:28 PM

Good luck.

My weekend? Got drunk. Bought towels. Made banana bread. Not at the same time.

Posted by: Sphincter at February 4, 2008 10:11 PM

So...you had a really EXCITING weekend! ;) We went out to dinner as a family -- it was really nice.... :)

Posted by: Haley-O at February 5, 2008 12:37 AM

Nothing exciting here....except it snowed for most of the day Sunday. The kids had fun in the snow and so did my husband. That is until he threw his back out hauling snow in buckets for the snow forts.
We then watched the Super Bowl, I mean the commercials, and then got ready for school.

Not very exciting.

Sending postive thoughts for a Wally sighting soon!

Posted by: kali at February 5, 2008 1:38 PM