March 26, 2008

Not Any Other Tuesday Night

Last night was busy. A lot happened.

First, while Mia was holding Owen, it suddenly hit me how absolutely enormous he is. I mean, he could pretty much be a starting linebacker for the local high school team next season. He's only six weeks old and look at the pile of stuff he's already outgrown.

Also, Mia did my hair. And accessorized me. That's hott. With two Ts.

Third up, my beautiful, poop-averse little girl who has spent the last two days putting plastic eggs together and pulling them apart finally peed in her potty. Needless to say there was quite a bit of partying in the Cactus-Fish household.

Finally, after a long hard day at a client site, I shared an elevator with George Will (I'm pretty sure) and I won an award at work. I pulled down quite a bit of cash with the award. I didn't get anything for riding in an elevator with George Will.

You know, a couple of years ago very few of these things would have happened much less seemed so exciting. Now, it's life. And it's pretty cool.

So, what celebrities have you had run-ins with? Please tell me they've been better than George Will.

Posted by Chris at March 26, 2008 6:31 AM
Comments

As I live in the total middle of nowhere, I have no run ins with celebrities... But, my dad is a musician who used to play for the band "The Buckinghams" (You may have to google 'em, it was a long time ago). They still play, but my dad doesn't play with 'em anymore... anywho, when I was a kid,he took me to their concert where they opened for... The Turtles ("So Happy Together"). So, yeah. I've met the Turtles. Exciting, no? Also, I once stood in line for 90 minutes to get Goldberg's autograph for my best friend's husband - a wrestling freak. Oh yeah, so exciting. I'm not one of those people who runs into random celebs. No one comes here, lol.

My kid peed in the potty yesterday too! Yay (she's Mia's age). She just started daycare two days a week so I could get work done (I work from home) - and they bribe the kids with a mini-marshmallow for every potty success. My kid likes marshmallows, so it's a handy motivator so far. I'm not above bribery and apparently neither are the professionals.

Posted by: Sarah at March 26, 2008 6:57 AM

Hey, good for Mia!!

I don't remember any specifically but many movies were shot on location in TMBCOE. We used to go watch; hoping we'd see ourselves later as part of a crowd scene. No such luck.

Oh, Queen Elizabeth II was driven down our street when my youngest was little and waved specifically at him at him through the car window. Does that count?

Posted by: ann adams at March 26, 2008 7:14 AM

He already outgrew the Washington Redskins outfit? That's sad.

Posted by: E :) at March 26, 2008 7:20 AM

Lovin the photo's!
I once shared a lift with the rugby player Bill Beaumont but i was only 11 and had to be told who he was lol
Pol x

Posted by: Pol at March 26, 2008 7:38 AM

1. Congrats on the award and raise! What an awesome feeling.

2. I love your hair. Is Mia currently accepting new clients?

3. I once shared a cab in Prague with Aidan Gillen. He was there filming Shanghai Knights with Jackie Chan (you may also know him from Queer as Folk). Apparently he's quite popular in Ireland. I, on the other hand, had no idea who he was. I was just a poor college student who had gotten an amazing deal on the most expensive hotel in the city, was used to staying in hostels and sharing cabs with other students, and needed to go to the airport to pick up my incoming boyfriend - he was waiting for a cab out front of the hotel and I asked him if he wanted to share.
We had a great chat when he realized I had no idea who he was and was not stalking him.
Also? He paid for the cab.

WERD.

Posted by: Caitlin at March 26, 2008 7:40 AM

Yay for Mia! And double yay for your award! That's awesome. =D

I've actually ran into quite a few celebrities, although most of them are lesser known... Two who are local "dance" celebrities are Ashley and Adrienne Canterna. They've both been in 2 movies, and on a few TV shows, etc. Ashley is probably the more "famous" of the two, as she's the better chorographer. But I actually know them ~ they both taught me, and I taught along side Ashley for a few years.
I also have met Rasta Thomas... who was in One Last Dance, and he's also a very famous dancer, with awards galore. He's married to Adrienne.
Another dancer, that more people will know, is Danny Tidwell, from So you think you can dance last season. He's good friends with the Canterna's, and he's taken a few classes at the studio I went to.

My mom also sat next to John Spencer when we went to see Cabaret at the Lyric in Baltimore. She thought she recognized him at first, but wasn't sure how. Then during intermission, our friends behind us told her, THAT'S JOHN SPENCER! So we got his autograph, and then they kept joking about the show through the 2nd half. It was pretty cool. He was really friendly.

Sorry for the book!

Posted by: secha at March 26, 2008 7:47 AM

No, it's HAWTT with two Ts. :-)

Three cheers for Mia.

Congratulations on the award and the bonus.

Celebrity Run-ins: Gordon Parks at the museum of the city of NY; Prince on 34th Street; Tony Danza, Eddie Murphy, Sting, and much of the SNL regulars of the 80s (I worked in the building where it is filmed); Jerry Orbach on the subway; Madonna at a club in the Village; Jetter at a restaurant in the Bronx; David Cone by Yankee Stadium; Robert DeNiro walking in Manhattan; Will Smith taking a break from filming in lower Manhattan at 4:00 a.m.; Andrew McCarthy by Washington Square Park; Spitzer at the NY Courthouse and a few thugs ... I mean rappers. There have been a few others, but I'm drawing a blank.

The only one I had an interest in approaching was Gordon Parks. I asked if I could photograph him and he said yes for $1. I was so excited about meeting him in person that I pulled out a dollar. He just shook his head at me and my husband pretended he wasn't with me.

I was in high school when I saw Prince and my friend and I followed him around a bit while he shopped.

Posted by: Maria at March 26, 2008 8:01 AM

Probably the coolest celebrity-type people I've met were Penn & Teller. Not exactly a bump-into-them-accidentally sort of thing...they would come out after their shows at the MGM Grand to socialize/sign autographs. Still, among celebs, these are two of few I can think of with whom I'd actually like to hold a conversation. Teller spoke a *bit* more in person than he does while performing (but not much). Penn was amazing, both in personality and sheer size. My then-boyfriend was 6'2" and about 240 (NOT fat), and Penn made him look like a midget. Needless to say, Penn looked like the Empire State Building in the photos shot with 5'5" me.

Congrats on the Mia breakthrough! Just think, in no time it'll be Owen's turn (right before he makes the cut for the local high school's 1st-string team ;).

Posted by: auridicyl at March 26, 2008 8:03 AM

First, totally HOTT styling by Mia! Love it!

My celebrity run in was a cool one for me. I was in the Athens Intercontinental Hotel just after Christmas and I literally ran into Davy Jones and his family. I stopped to speak with them and he was so nice as was his then wife. Their kids were also really great. I was so happy that I forgot that I had the flu and was actually suffering quite a bit with that.
Yes, love Davy Jones!

Posted by: Maribeth at March 26, 2008 8:18 AM

Milli Vanilli.

Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.

Yep. Two very different ends of the spectrum...and no one in between that I'd actually be interested in meeting.

Posted by: daisy at March 26, 2008 8:26 AM

Sadly, I have met no celebrities. And I don't even know who yours is ;)

Posted by: Heather at March 26, 2008 8:36 AM

I wouldn't recognize George Will. In fact, I just Googled him. The only time I've met a celebrity that was just completely by chance was Collective Soul, in 1999. I was at the airport with my friend - she was catching a flight back to DC from Oklahoma City the night after a CS show - and my friend disappeared to check in and then she came running over, dragged me to the line, and started pointing out all the members of the group. It was friggin' sweet because at the time, they were my ultimate favorite band FOR ALL TIME OMGZ. They were incredibly gracious for the time of day (it was 6:30 in the morning or so) and took time to talk to us before the plane boarded. My dad and Ed Roland bonded (swearz, it was rad) and when it was time for them to get on the plane, Ed gave me a big hug.

SWEET.

Oh, I met Creed once because I "won" backstage passes from the radio station (somehow I managed to make friends with one of the DJs via phone and he just gave them to me :D) and wow, were they incredible dicks. I have a picture with them somewhere on my computer.

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at March 26, 2008 8:44 AM

Congrats on the award. I actually met Bill Cosby once. He seemed nice.

Posted by: Fraulein N at March 26, 2008 8:54 AM

Congratulations on the potty AND the cash/award! Sounds like a banner day. :)
Did you say anything to George Will? I read his editorials sometimes but usually I have to roll my eyes a lot. Not that I would have said THAT.
My favorite celebrity run in would have to be John Waters. He came to my college to give a talk and I got to hang out with him in the green room and then take him out to dinner afterwards. He was SO nice. He found out during dinner that I had never had a martini. He said "well that is just criminal" and bought me one. It was interesting meeting him after seeing his movies. You would think he'd be really odd but he was just charming. Very much like the character he played (himself) on the Simpsons.
Sorry for the dissertation! :)

Posted by: tulip at March 26, 2008 8:54 AM

YAY for Mia's potty accomplishments and YAY for your work goodies!!

And yeah....totally HOTT! ;)

I, sadly, don't think I've met any celebrities - maybe I should add that to the 'things to do before I die' list......that is if I ever start one of those lists. lol

Hope today is another banner day for ya'll

Posted by: Kris at March 26, 2008 9:00 AM

Ok, I personally haven't been in an elevator with any celebrities but back in the 70s when my parents lived in DC, my dad was in one with Telly Savalas, John Wayne and O.J. Simpson. He loves to tell that story.

Posted by: claire at March 26, 2008 9:03 AM

Dh and I went to see Prince in concert. Peter Wolf sat right in front of us. We totally dorked out cause we didnt want to bother him. After the concert ended, Steven Tyler had been in front row apparently and saw Peter Wolf while being rushed by and stopped to hug Peter. For someone from Boston, it was so surreal..........

Posted by: Kathy at March 26, 2008 9:13 AM

Those hair pictures ... wow.

Soupy Sales and Spaulding Gray.

Posted by: Poppy at March 26, 2008 9:14 AM

I've met Harry Connick Jr. many many times.
I met Patricia Clarkson and Sean Payton at mardi gras 2007.
I met Keifer Sutherland at a CD signing here in town for one of the bands he represents.
I met Vincent Pastore (Big Pussy) in NOLA a few weeks ago. He gave me beads. I didn't have to flash.
I was in the same room with Salt n Peppa, Helio Castroneves, Christian Leblanc and Ricky Paul Goldin this past mardi gras but didn't meet them. Same with Josh Hartnett a few years ago.

Met Peter Delouise years and years ago (21 Jump Street era) outside a studio in Queens.

Posted by: Lisa at March 26, 2008 9:18 AM

I have run (literally) smack into Regis Phillbin (sp?), he looks like a wax sculpture. Also I've eaten dinner at the same table as P.O.D. (nice guys)and I've had conversations with Slash (interesting)..

I live in New York City, work in live entertainment, and have been in the production department for New Years Eve in Times Square for the past 3 years.... Its looses its excitement after the first year

Posted by: Dani at March 26, 2008 9:34 AM

Oh! Also Mary J. Blige, The Trogs (those guys that sang Wild Thing), Ryan Seacrest...

Posted by: Dani at March 26, 2008 9:35 AM

Congrats on winning an award and cash! And double congrats on the whole peeing in the potty thing.

Celebrities...I sold Larry King a book once, and I saw Stephen King coming out of a movie theater in Boston. Oh, and my mom tells me I met Roy Rogers when I was little, but I don't remember it.

Posted by: bad penguin at March 26, 2008 9:36 AM

wow - no words for the stylin' do - no words. :)

My sister and I practically ran into Eugene Levy last April downtown Toronto. We were walking on the sidewalk, yapping and not paying attention and he was crossing a parking lot and then the sidewalk and then the street. I blurted out "It's Eugene Levy" and by the time my sister got her camera ready, all we could get was a shot of his backside going into a building ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD! What a bunch of goofs.

Oh, I missed Matt Damon by 2 minutes at an intersection in T.O. last September. He was on his way into a T.I.F.F. screening and I was walking 60kms for Breast Cancer. Yeah, I was looking just about as HAWTT as you after 50kms. LOL!

Posted by: Holly at March 26, 2008 9:37 AM

oh yeah, and then there are all the conservative "celebrities" I met at my old job. I forgot about all of them because I repress as much as possible about that job. Ann Coulter, Ben Stein, Charlton Heston, Rudy Giuliani and Fred Thompson all crossed my path one way or another in that job.

Posted by: bad penguin at March 26, 2008 9:41 AM

Fierce!

Magnum PI once heard me throw up.

Posted by: Jenny at March 26, 2008 9:50 AM

Congratulations on the award, the pee, and the hott makeover.

Is it bad that I don't even know who George Will is???

Posted by: Susan at March 26, 2008 9:55 AM

Was in a small restaurant in Chicago about 18 years ago with Roger Ebert at one table and Kurt Russell at another. Small joint, only 20 tables or so, so it was relatively close proximity. And I met Jason Sehorn once, although I'm not sure if that gets any points at all.

Posted by: Teresa at March 26, 2008 10:31 AM

Oh, I also saw O.J. Simpson about 16 years ago at a club in Aspen. He was arriving as we were leaving, which is fortunate.

Posted by: Teresa at March 26, 2008 10:34 AM

Can I just say how wonderful it is that you play with Mia like that? I have mucho respect for dads who get how important it is to play, play, play, whatever way they want to play.

It's nights like last night that make a life.

Posted by: k8 at March 26, 2008 10:39 AM

Not many people can pull off the multiple-headband-look. Hott, Cactus!

I once stood next to Jay Leno while waiting for the Walk sign at an intersection in Dupont Circle. I didn't talk to him, though. Instead I chose to gawk openly.

Posted by: GreenCanary at March 26, 2008 10:47 AM

I nearly walked right into Conan O'Brien outside Radio City Music Hall a few years ago. Other than that, the only celebrities I've seen up close/talked with have been deliberate run-ins, not accidental. Like: Dave Matthews & his wife after a show, Mike Doughty after a show (when he forced me to sing a few lines from a song I had wanted to request but couldn't remember the name of - it was humiliating, but he did play it the next night!), etc. But, I work in Manhattan and while I usually don't see anyone famous, sometimes I see people who look a LOT like famous people. First there was the guy who looked like Pete Wentz - but with less eyeliner, then there was the kid who resembled Harry Potter - but without the lightening bolt on the forehead. Yep. It's an exciting life I lead.

Oh, last week I did see one of the guys from last season's American Idol on the PATH. Does that count? Chris Sly (sp?) - he and his band member looked visibly disturbed when we pulled into the WTC. I didn't watch last season and wouldn't have recognized him, but some guy on the train did and took a picture and got his autograph for his daughter.

Congrats on the award - and congrats to Mia!

BTW - Totally off topic, but I'm going to see Grace Potter in August. She's playing at a festival I'm going to & I only know who she is from your site but I'm going to catch her set!

Posted by: erin at March 26, 2008 10:58 AM

My only claim to fame is meeting Gregory Hines backstage after watching a tap and song show he did. My mom was cute and she knew the theater people, so we got to meet him one on one. It was pretty cool. He was super nice to us, and I'll never forget how big his diamond earring was.

Other theater related encounters involve Robert Goulet and Mandy Patinkin. And Primus. :) Otherwise, I'm pretty sheltered. I had to google "George Will".

Nice necklace.

Posted by: Brad at March 26, 2008 11:07 AM

Long story why, but my mom and I spent a day with the wife of Delbert Mann, director of films. We got to meet Walter Matthau and Harry Morgan, and ended up as extras in the TV movie they were shooting. We also met the little girl, Ariana Richards, who went on to screaming fame in Jurassic Park.

And then there was the day in 1991 I sold a cinema ticket to Natalie Merchant. She was seeing this.

Hmm...do you not want links in your comments? I'm seeing a "no follow" thingy. Well, just in case the links don't work, the TV movie was Against Her Will: An Incident In Baltimore (filmed in Pittsburgh, heh), and the film NM saw was Ladri di Saponette. Info available on IMDB for those who weren't bored to tears by my comment!

Posted by: Alison at March 26, 2008 11:31 AM

Harley and I ran into Joe Sakic (Colorado Avalanche player) years ago at The Rainforest Cafe. I left him alone as he was alone with his young kids. Five minutes later, I noticed he was bombarded with people wanting his autograph.

I saw an actress at the Denver International Airport once, but her name escapes me right now. I told the hubby that I thought she was pregnant and several days later it was announced that she was.

I see local news and weather people around town on occasion.

Posted by: Diane at March 26, 2008 11:38 AM

HOTT hair-do!!!

Congrats!!

I didn't meet these celebs, but got close to them. The men were actually after my daughter.

Whoopie Goldberg was running along side the road after a huge snow storm in CA in 1989. They weren't letting people go over the Cajon Pass unless they had chains on, she was in her bus and they didn't have chains, apparently.

"Norm" from Cheers was (actually) sitting at a bar where we were eating. He then proceeded to follow my daughter around while she was looking around the huge restaurant.

One of the guys from Guns n' Roses (the lead guy, don't recall his name) asked my daughter out, sorta. He came out of the strip bar next to the restaurant she was working at (we ate there), got into his limo, rolled down the window and started chatting to us/her and asked her if she wanted to party with them. The same guy gave her a rose when she attended his concert. Don't know if he remembered her or just gave her the rose. If you haven't figured it out by now, she's pretty good looking...LOL

She has met several other stars, but I don't recall who they were, but she lived in LA for years.

Posted by: been there, done that at March 26, 2008 11:45 AM

Congrats to Mia on peeing in the potty. I know what a milestone that is. Oh and hott. Definitely.

When I was living in Toronto in the eighties, I ran into Margaret Atwood once, and nearly knocked her on her ass. I was rummaging in my purse instead of looking where I was going while going into a bank and she was coming out. I apologized and went into the bank thinking, "I know her from someplace." Yeah, the jackets of several books. I also saw David Suzuki in a pub one time.

Posted by: alison at March 26, 2008 11:47 AM

In Atlanta we have a concert called Music Midtown. Hole, Courtney Love's band, was playing the main stage about 4 years ago and I somehow edged my way up to the front. She dove off the stage and her right boob went directly into my left hand and we were face to face. It was a little strage and I'm not really a boob gal but it makes for a nice story I guess.

Also, one of the members of TLC uses the same pediatrician as I do, and that's where my celebrity encounters end.

Congrats on your SUPER TUESDAY, your rad prize, and your tubular new do! You Rawk!

Posted by: Mymilabean at March 26, 2008 12:11 PM

Who's George Will? :)

My dad's opening band was The Hooters. They wrote that And We Danced song in my living room. Also, I have already told you about Cinderella. Once, I hung out and had drinks with the original drummer for the Marshall Tucker Band while my dad's band tried (and almost failed) to cover Can't You See.

Maybe I need to branch out from washed out rock stars, huh?

Posted by: Mr Lady at March 26, 2008 12:11 PM

Only celeb I claim to have run into is Arlo Guthrie. He was quite cool and rather chatty. Sad thing was it wasn't until I walked away that I realized who I had been chatting with.

Posted by: Jeff A at March 26, 2008 12:13 PM

You don't look Asian in this pictur either.

Posted by: Chantel at March 26, 2008 12:17 PM

yay for pottying.
mia. not you. :)

Posted by: ali at March 26, 2008 12:43 PM

I've seen quite a few famous people, living a bit north of Hollywood will do that. As far as interaction, I met Dennis Miller when I was temping at a hair salon. He brought his kids in for hair cuts. He was brusk and not terribly friendly.

Posted by: rai at March 26, 2008 12:54 PM

My hubby is in airports at least 3-5 times a week, so he sees tons of celebrities. He used to make me guess who he saw based on what airport and time of day it was.....now we have just gotten used to it.

Me? Once, while visiting a tiny greek restaurant in Astoria NYC, I was seated next to one of the guys from Wings. You know, that crappy TV show from the early 90's. I had thought the show was already off the air, but apparently it wasn't, which embarrassed him. Ooops.

Posted by: Jen at March 26, 2008 3:08 PM

Yay Mia!!! And her career as a hairdresser or stylist is certain.

Celebs.... I've met Lorna Luft, Tony Curtis, actor Martin Vidnovic (was playing opposite Sandy Duncan in The King and I, off Broadway), & Johnny Cash. Recognized Ian Ziering in the Charlotte airport last year. Not a huge list!

Posted by: coolchick at March 26, 2008 3:27 PM

Ringo Starr singled me out of the crowd at his concert and came over and shook my hand. That was a thrill.

Posted by: samantha jo campen at March 26, 2008 3:28 PM

U2 baby.

And you are hottt with 3 T's.

Posted by: Aimee Greeblemonkey at March 26, 2008 3:30 PM

You just wait until she gets into make-up and nail polish... ;)

Posted by: Tink at March 26, 2008 3:58 PM

Yay, awards and pee! That is a good Tuesday in my book, too.

I meet and talk to celebrities pretty much everyday now (for real) and I try not to show it, but I get really geeked out on them! I am now one-degree from Johnny Depp.

However, a long time ago I ran into Larry Mullen, Jr from U2 and I once had a long conversation with Tanya Tucker but didn't actually realize it until after the fact. I also had a long conversation with Lindsey Wagner at Disneyland while we waited for our kids to ride the Alice in Wonderland ride with their fathers. :)

Posted by: Trixie at March 26, 2008 5:49 PM

I also had to Google George Will, how uncool am I? You will love this, I once interviewd John McCain for my high school newspaper. It was 18 years ago. He looks the same.

My husband and I have seen Tone Loc three different times in three different airports (Phoenix, Orlando and L.A.). How freaky is that? I think he is stalking us.

Congrats to Miss Mia and to you guys. Potty training is so frustrating for all parties involved. Good luck to all of you!

Posted by: April at March 26, 2008 6:59 PM

Go Mia! And I love the hairdo. She has real talent.

I've run into numerous celebrities in NYC: Jennifer Aniston (and her then boyfriend Tate Donovan) outside a bar in SoHo, Arnold Schwarzenegger in Planet Hollywood (I was there with out-of-town friends), Eric from the first season of The Real World and Marla Maples walked by me on 5th Ave. once.

My husband had a whole conversation with Bobby Brown in the liquor store in our NJ town a few years back and didn't know who he was talking to until the clerk showed him the charge receipt said "Whitney Houston" on it.

Posted by: Kimberly at March 26, 2008 7:04 PM

Go Mia! And I love the hairdo. She has real talent.

Posted by: Kimberly at March 26, 2008 7:04 PM

Who is George Will? I quite possibly could have shared an elevator with him as well, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Once, someone told me in an elevator that I looked like Anne Heche. Then she said "I'm sorry." Anne was dating Ellen at the time, so I guess what she meant by that was "I'm sorry I just told you that you look like a lesbian."

I've not run into any famous lesbians, but I've had a handful of celebrity run ins, mostly when I've been working out of our NYC Soho office. My favorite, while obscure, was Alan Tudyk. I was a huge fan of Firefly, and Wash was my favorite character. I totally lost my "I don't care that I'm walking past a celebrity" face and did all I could not to run up and scream "WASH!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!"

;-P

Posted by: krystyn at March 26, 2008 8:28 PM

I don't think I have ran into any real celebrities. I have talked with dallas cowboy football players and quite a few 'almost famous' band members.. but thats about it.

Posted by: Debbie at March 26, 2008 8:49 PM

I didn't even know who George Will was. I had to Google him. Then I realized he's the guy on George Stephanopolous.

I've met a ton of celebs in my work, but I've never just ran into any, brush-with-celebrity style. I don't think.

Posted by: kalisa at March 26, 2008 9:08 PM

Daddy Dress Up! I love it!!

I have had exactly two celebrity run-ins in my life. And one of them was more of a celebrity gawk.

Celebrity #1: Charlie Hough
It was the 80s. My age at the time was a single digit. I was scared to talk to ANYONE. Charlie passed us in the hall after the game and offered to sign a ball for me. I didn't want to take it because he was a stranger, and I had always been told: you don't take things from strangers.

Celebrity #2: Chris Daughtry
We were walking past the CBS Studio in New York when we spotted Chris Daughtry prepping for the show. I was one of the first people there and actually ended up standing behind the stage.

He tried to throw his pick to me. It fell on the sidewalk behind me and some trashy - I mean, relatively attractive - girl picked it up instead.

(The second one doesn't really count, does it?)

Posted by: Emily at March 26, 2008 9:40 PM

Love the hair do! That blue headband goes great with your eyes! You should really think about wearing that to work. You may win more awards!

Posted by: Jennie at March 26, 2008 9:41 PM

You look totally rad with the hair that way. And you ARE totally rad with your awesome cash prizes! :)

Posted by: Zandria at March 26, 2008 10:49 PM

I shook hands with Bill Clinton, a million years ago at an awards dinner when I was just a kid and he was our governor. And family legend has it that my dad's fourth wife ran off with George Jones . . . but they are notorious for telling tall tales. That one is my favorite.

Congrats on the award and the terrific new do!

Posted by: OS at March 27, 2008 12:32 AM

Has anyone ever told you you look kind of Asian in those pictures?

::snirk::

Posted by: Candy at March 27, 2008 10:19 AM

I came here to call you a dirty Asian, but I can see that has been done so...

I said hi to Frank McCourt in LAX oine time. I was hungover and I thought I knew him.

I sat behind Marilyn Mason (the whole band) at a Black Sabbath show. I've also been to Morbid Angel's house (yeah, they all lived in the same house) but maybe I shouldn't be admitting that.

I had a brief confersation with Ice-T.

Posted by: Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah at March 27, 2008 12:12 PM

Thanks for a great belly-laugh! Mia sure knows how to accessorize. Being in Vegas this past week, you'd think I'd have spotted SOME kind of celebrity... I spotted quite a few. However, they were only of the wax variety at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.

Maybe next time I should dress like a whore and visit some of the (clothing optional?) nightclubs... I'm sure I'd be spotting the likes of Paris or LaLohan in one of those joints. Or maybe not. I think I'll stick to the "clothing required" locations in Vegas.

Posted by: ironic1 at March 27, 2008 1:19 PM

My former boss almost got into a fish fight with Naomi Campbell somewhere in midtown Manhattan.

I saw Stephen King once on Madison Ave.

Celebrities don't interest me much (at all), and the no TV thing puts me at a distinct disadvantage for being able to recognize them. Not that I particularly care.

Posted by: jessica at March 27, 2008 1:57 PM

Oh yeah, saw Brad Pitt filming a movie in the subway once too.

Posted by: jessica at March 27, 2008 1:59 PM

Let's see.......

1. I attended 'Joseph & His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' with (then)President Clinton & family on mother's day in 1995(in monkeytown).

2. My husband and I saw 'Dazed & Confused'with Fred 'Gopher' Grandy.(again in monkeytown)

3. I flew from Boise to Albuquerque with Woody Harrelson (he got on in Vegas).

4. Saw Patti LaBelle & James Ingram in the Houston airport in the early 90's.

I've never got very close but those count right?

Congratulations on the award! And I like the new look. Maybe if you let Mia style you before you go to Monkeytown the tourists will steer clear!

Posted by: kali at March 27, 2008 8:06 PM

I played a disastrous game of pool with Liev Schreiber in a bar on Bleeker Street in NYC once. I couldn't sink one ball, but I won, because the poor guy scratched on the 8th...

Posted by: suze at March 27, 2008 8:33 PM

You look fabulous, dahling!! Ha!

Posted by: Haley-O at April 1, 2008 1:48 AM

Sorry to be late on this, but Ted Danson used to work out at my gym, years ago in L.A., after Cheers but before you normally saw him with grey, thinning hair. Actually, working out is not right-more like stretching.

Posted by: Wendy at April 5, 2008 1:52 AM