April 14, 2008

How Cactus Got His Groove Back

Because it is Monday - the start of a new week and all that jazz - I do hereby solemnly swear to do my very best to shake off the meh attitude that held sway and tormented me the past few weeks. This will be made much easier by several developments over the weekend.

Development #1. Remember that professional certification I signed up for a few weeks ago? History. At least temporarily. I'm postponing it at least three or four months. It was pretty much the last thing I was prepared to handle right now.

Development #2. I started a little project over the weekend that actually required me to be creative. More on that later. But hey, I can still be creative. Who knew?!

Development #3. Mia got some test results back. They were positive. Positive in a good way. It means, I think, we can stop torturing her.

Development #4. I caught up on some photo editing. Some of the results are over on Flickr.

Development #5. I won the Master Bedroom Ceiling Fan Smackdown of '08. Sure, it took nearly two weeks, a crowbar, inhalation of drywall dust and insulation, brute force, electrical skill, and a rapid expansion in my daughter's vocabulary (sadly, in the battle, I believe she was exposed to some verbal shrapnel) but it was totally worth it. The original fan - which was last tolerable when Crockett and Tubbs were fighting crime in Miami - is in the trash and it's replacement is whirring gracefully above our heads. Sure, there's still some drywall work that needs to be done but cut me some slack. I won!

Development #6. I have an outrageously cute and awesome family. 'Nuff said.

Posted by Chris at April 14, 2008 6:26 AM
Comments

Wow, you sure sound all healthy-like! You go, boy!

Oh, and I can't wait to hear what your new project is.

Posted by: Buzz at April 14, 2008 6:01 AM

You DO have an outrageously cute family! I'm glad things are looking up.

Posted by: Heather at April 14, 2008 6:35 AM

I'm glad you have taken steps to get yourself back to where you wanna be. In the past few months, I have felt funky, and one of the things one of my friends said to me was, "You are so affected by music, WHY aren't you writing?" And I realized that I used to and how truly long it had been since I had used my head that way. I began writing again - poems, lyrics, whatever - and it truly was the best thing for pulling me out of my funk. I'm eternally grateful for my creative mind! Hope whatever your creative project is it is filling you with positive energy and letting you channel a part of yourself that needs it!

Posted by: Sarah at April 14, 2008 7:07 AM

Awesome! Glad you're feeling better :-)

Love this photo--great perspective. And they definitely ARE cute! Can't wait to see your creative new project...

Posted by: Alissa at April 14, 2008 7:07 AM

Development #3. So very glad Mia is doing well.
Development #5. The hard part is over, so you definitely won. I always have a grand sense of accomplishment when I win the home repair battle. Go Chris!
Development #6. You have a beautiful family.

Posted by: Maria at April 14, 2008 7:08 AM

Woo hoo for great weekends!

Posted by: Bridget at April 14, 2008 7:18 AM

I am so thrilled that the news on Mia is good! Hooray!!!!
I knew you could beat down that fan!
Think it is wise to postpone the certification. You've had a lot on your plate there, buddy!
Monday morning hugs!

Posted by: Maribeth at April 14, 2008 7:46 AM

Regarding #5. Congratulations.

Posted by: william at April 14, 2008 7:54 AM

I decided last night that I cannot handle being a depressed hermit anymore, so I want The BFF and I to be depressed non-hermits, especially since the weather is so nice. Next weekend, weather permitting, we are going to a local river to hike around. It has something to do with creativity, so yay for projects!

Also, my dad has had many, many battles with ceiling fans in my lifetime. I was actually home for the last one. The BFF, my "adopted" sister, and I were "helping" him and he did his usual trick -- pretended to get electrocuted. But I think he had to do some creative wiring or something to get the thing to work.

/ramble

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at April 14, 2008 7:56 AM

Glad you're feeling better.

Posted by: claire at April 14, 2008 8:00 AM

Good to hear you're back and happy and that Mia is doing better. Cute photo!

Posted by: Nadine at April 14, 2008 8:22 AM

So glad to hear Mia is doing better:)

And, yes, you do have an adorable family:)

Posted by: Amy at April 14, 2008 8:28 AM

So glad to hear Mia is doing better:)

And, yes, you do have an adorable family:)

Posted by: Amy at April 14, 2008 8:28 AM

Yay! for winning and positive (the good kind) test results.

Posted by: Fraulein N at April 14, 2008 8:31 AM

Happy days are here again! YAY for you and your fab family!

Posted by: Mymilabean at April 14, 2008 9:22 AM

Glad Mia's results were good. It's always amazing what doing something creative (even if it is just coloring with the kids) will do to pull a person out of a funk. Gets the brainwaves flowing in a different direction.

Posted by: anna at April 14, 2008 9:25 AM

Beth looks FINE! That girl makes post-pregnancy look HOT! Me-ow! :-)

Posted by: GreenCanary at April 14, 2008 9:33 AM

you do have a fantastic family. and you play a big role in making it fantastic. you rock! mia and owen rock harder, but, yeah, you're cool. i suppose. :) <3

Posted by: patricia at April 14, 2008 9:55 AM

glad to see you've gotten your groove back ;)

Posted by: ali at April 14, 2008 10:01 AM

I am so glad that things are getting back on track for you and that Mia is better. I was getting a little bit worried!

Posted by: Erin at April 14, 2008 10:13 AM

YAY! Good to hear you're perking up.

And, yes, the family is beautiful!!!

Posted by: Holly Selden at April 14, 2008 10:49 AM

That's so fantastic! I'm glad your week is starting at a higher point.

Posted by: Cass at April 14, 2008 11:12 AM

The funky thing about certifications in the IT world is that if you wait a few months, your certification will be outdated and you'll need another one, yay. So, I doubt that it's too big a deal for you to put off the pain for awhile.

Also, whatever the tests were that came back positive, yay for that, as well. I'm assuming that they're positive she's either a) not an alien or b) blonde. The first one's always a good thing and the second, well, only time will tell.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at April 14, 2008 11:46 AM

Just wait until Mia shouts those lovely words enthusiastically at just the right moment! It will be like you won all over again! I may be weird, but I just think it's funny when kids say the bad words that mommy and daddy say...

Posted by: k8 at April 14, 2008 1:14 PM

I'm glad you're over the PPD. It's a bitch, isn't it?

Posted by: Candy at April 14, 2008 3:54 PM

You guys *are* awesome.

Posted by: Aimee Greeblemonkey at April 14, 2008 5:22 PM

Look at how BIG OWEN IS!!!!! He's, like, the same size as my Rascal -- who's 7 months!!! He's ADORABLE!!! I'm so glad Mia's tests came back great. Yay!

Posted by: Haley-O at April 21, 2008 7:13 PM

If you're in uncomfortable position and have no money to move out from that point, you will need to receive the loan. Because it should aid you definitely. I take sba loan every single year and feel good just because of this.

Posted by: ThompsonLorraine33 at April 4, 2010 7:39 PM