July 9, 2008

Scenes From The Beach Volume III

My wardrobe this week at the beach consists of:

- a stack of t-shirts
- a bathing suit
- underwear (sometimes but not always worn)
- my "morning shorts" which are marginally dirty and most likely smelly but I don't care because I'm at the beach and no one's going to come up and smell me and if they do, serves them right to get a whiff of salty shorts
- my "evening shorts" which are only worn between the hours of 5 and whenever so as to preserve their cleanliness because I'm not doing laundry
- flip flops

Now, please give me a reason why we shouldn't sell the house, buy a little place in this small, wonderful beach town and wear smelly shorts for the rest of our days. Seriously, got any good reasons?

Posted by Chris at July 9, 2008 8:18 AM
Comments

Ummm, because we would all be super jealous and you wouldn't want that. LOL Hope you are having a great Vacation.

Posted by: Elizabeth at July 9, 2008 8:29 AM

Ummmm, winter? Other than that, I can't think of a thing wrong with your plan.

Posted by: alison at July 9, 2008 9:18 AM

Nope!

Do it! :)

Posted by: Poppy at July 9, 2008 9:20 AM

There are none! You should move.

(Says the girl who lives in Florida)

Posted by: Tink at July 9, 2008 9:27 AM

hmmm, are there any good book/music stores in this small wonderful beach town? Could be a deal-breaker...otherwise I am having trouble coming up with any reason why you shouldn't!

Posted by: diane at July 9, 2008 9:28 AM

as someone who lives a 5 minute walk from the beach, and can smell the salt air from my house, I would wholeheartedly encourage you to do it.

Posted by: chatty cricket at July 9, 2008 9:35 AM

Because there would be a serious lack of "What happened to Chris in the public bathroom today" stories to fill my life with joy and wonderment.

Posted by: Cassandra at July 9, 2008 9:50 AM

every year when I go to florida (we just got back sunday from 10 days), I vow to quit my job and go to work renting sea-doos.

Posted by: kalisa at July 9, 2008 10:25 AM

I have absolutely no good reason why you shouldn't do that. The only thing is, you may need to race us, because we thought it up first.

Posted by: Candy at July 9, 2008 10:35 AM

Blogger compound at the beach, baby! Or perhaps we should buy our own island *off to design some currency and a flag*

Posted by: GreenCanary at July 9, 2008 10:42 AM

That's how Ron and I felt too. Just finishing up my post about the cool 4th of July parade we went to at the beach. I don't want to be back here in the 100+ degrees of Los Angeles - ugh.

Posted by: Kristy - Where's My Damn Answer at July 9, 2008 11:03 AM

Hurricanes. Almost every two years since we got married we've rented a house on the ocean with my in-laws (20-25 of us), first in VA Beach and then in NC (Emerald Isle). We stopped renting in VA Beach because many of the houses we rented were destroyed by hurricanes and the ones that remained ended up with seawalls and we like to be on the beach not behind a seawall.

And if that isn't reason enough, how about the fact that everybody will consider your house their vacation destination?

Posted by: Carolyn at July 9, 2008 11:04 AM

Do it. Now. Before it's too late.

Posted by: k8 at July 9, 2008 11:12 AM

I live five minutes from the beach...smelly shorts do eventually get old and since you'd have to go to work eventually your boss would not appreciate the stench.

Regarding house as vacation destination as someone else mentioned...this is very true and gets very old. Even people you really like utilizing your john for their vacation stenchiness get's old.

Posted by: Krsity at July 9, 2008 11:24 AM

Money? Unless you have a job that you can do from a beach, those lovely kids need stuff.

Posted by: Amy at July 9, 2008 11:28 AM

Keeping Mia in those tiaras could get expensive! Otherwise, I've always wanted to live near the beach so I so go for it!!

Posted by: Krush at July 9, 2008 11:54 AM

The only thing I can come up with is health care. Because seriously - I don't think being homeless in Kauai and living in a tent would be a bad life. Tons of fruit, lots of fish - hurricane season would suck ass - but mainly - health care.

Posted by: Mindy at July 9, 2008 11:56 AM

Um.
Er.
Ahh.

Nope. I got nothin'.

My fantasy coffee shop/bead store/bookstore at the beach is where I go where the Engineers are really evil. It's my happy place.

Posted by: Amy at July 9, 2008 12:48 PM

Remember when we were all going to pitch in and buy an island somewhere? Now's as good a time as any!

Sounds like you're having a great vacation! Have a foo-foo umbrella cocktail for me!

Posted by: zanie at July 9, 2008 1:17 PM

perfection.
you totally should.

Posted by: ali at July 9, 2008 1:22 PM

I got nothing, sounds like heaven to me!

Posted by: E at July 9, 2008 1:30 PM

with the assumption that you either have hoarded cash somewhere or this blog really rakes it in...the only small insignificant thing I can think of is that it might take a while to get used to the sand lodging itself where it clearly doesn't belong...and even that i'm sure a person can get used to. enjoy.

Posted by: Jen at July 9, 2008 3:18 PM

Absolutely none! Sell it...go...then invite us over. Cause I'm SO jealous!!!

Posted by: been there, done that at July 9, 2008 6:05 PM

One solid reason.... hurricanes. They're no fun, and can be super expensive. Along with property taxes and homeowners insurance for beach property.

Posted by: coolchick at July 9, 2008 6:49 PM

Go for it, but only if you tell us about it every day. :-)

Posted by: Maria at July 10, 2008 7:42 AM

I can't think of a good reason. Although, like most I too would be incredibly jealous. Not to mention, I would be hunting for reasons to do the same thing!

Posted by: Kate at July 10, 2008 8:27 AM

Duuuuuuude! I am so with you. My fam has been going to the same beach house for 20 years (it's my grandpa's) and I am totally considering moving there and working at, like, the Dollar General or something. Oh, and learning how to surf.

Posted by: Mymilabean at July 10, 2008 9:04 AM

Snow is the only one I can think of - but that's what pants are for (you can still have morning pants and evening pants).

Posted by: Mandy Lou at July 10, 2008 5:20 PM

It is my dream to live on the beach so I say do it.

But my husband says if we lived there it'd no longer be "special." Party pooper.

Posted by: Kimberly at July 11, 2008 7:46 PM