July 11, 2008

The Weeklies #44

The Weekly Current Location: Home

The Weekly Location Up Until Yesterday: The beach, baby!

The Weekly Random Narrative That Explains What's Been Up While Still Conforming to "The Weeklies" Format: We've been at the beach. It was wonderful but now, sadly, we're home. Which is actually a good thing considering we wound up with two sick kids. Both had a great time but seem delighted to be home. Beth and I, well, we need a nap. About three days long.

The Weekly Read: Whilst at the beach I only managed to get through one book. I attribute this to the fact that I was chasing after kids the entire time. Apparently people frown on just throwing kids into the ocean. Anyway, I read John Lange's Zero Cool. It's the perfect beach book and requires absolutely no thought whatsoever. John Lange is also a pseudonym of the early Michael Crichton. So it's pretty well written too.

The Weekly Kick Ass Thing About Being In A Small Beach Town On Vacation: You can walk everywhere. We didn't get in the car once.

The Weekly Kick Ass Thing About Being Home: My own bed.

The Weekly Schadenfreude. See that whole Karl Rove thing? He refuses to testify but a judge has a different opinion. However this works out, I hope we get to see Rove in a prison jumpsuit. Squeal like a pig, puppetmaster.

The Weekly Non-Hypothetical Question: What did I miss? Seriously, I've been out of the loop for a week!

Posted by Chris at July 11, 2008 9:30 AM
Comments

Sounds like you had a great week! As much as it hurts, isn't it great to get away from the computer and blogosphere for a bit?

Enjoy your weekend of vacation recovery!

Posted by: Caitlin at July 11, 2008 10:16 AM

Me being cranky? I doubt you missed that.

Posted by: Poppy at July 11, 2008 10:19 AM

Your week sounds like it was great but there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.
I shook my head when I read about Karl Rove in the paper and the internet. That smug faced little prick is just above it all isn't he. I too hope to see him in a jumpsuit soon.
My cat's still gone - 8 days. I don't think he's coming back.

Posted by: NancyJak at July 11, 2008 10:40 AM

I saw that Rove thing before I came to work this morning. Ugh. He makes me sick to my stomach. He's such a douche.

You haven't missed much in my neck of the woods.

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at July 11, 2008 11:05 AM

I would like to know what beach you all went to. It sounds perfect (especially the no driving part) and I'm scoping out places to plan a beach trip for next year.
So, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to get some info on the location, place, cost etc.

Thanks
Varinia

Posted by: varinia at July 11, 2008 11:05 AM

I taught Mila "Rock Lobster" so now whenever I say "we were at the beach" she'll chime in with "everybody had matching towels". What a kickass kiddo!

Because of local elections the only news I have is Atlanta/Montana news, sorry. My kids are not afraid of jumping in the pool now though, that's news to me!

Posted by: Mymilabean at July 11, 2008 11:28 AM

My parents would dig big holes in the sand and put us little ones in there to play. Genius, really.

Posted by: GreenCanary at July 11, 2008 11:36 AM

Sounds like a great week! Hope all members of the family are recovered and back to tip top shape, soon.

Posted by: Amanda at July 11, 2008 12:04 PM

Well not too much...I just put my oldest son (11) on the plane to Colorado to spend two weeks with his best friend in the entire world who belongs to a family of six kiddos. They are camping, rafting, fishing, and enjoying the natural beauty of the mountains. Making great childhood memories!!

Posted by: Steff at July 11, 2008 12:05 PM

Welcome back.

What did you miss? Rothbury! Thank you for your recommendations - I missed Fiction Plane (conflict in schedule - I was watching a different band at the time). I did see Secret Machines and Gomez, and a ton more. It was amazing amazing amazing. I have spent a fortune downloading even MORE music post-festival. Secret Machines is awesome live - so LOUD! I like their live performance better than the stuff I downloaded - but it was all good!

Now I'm recovering. Still. We got home Sunday night, but the whole week has been off kilter because of it (that and the house getting hit by lightning and frying our phone lines, burning out one of our TVs, and tripping the electrical outlets in the kitchen. Daaaaaang.

Posted by: Sarah at July 11, 2008 12:44 PM

How could you miss Jamie Lynn having her baby?

Posted by: k8 at July 11, 2008 1:23 PM

What did Chris miss...Let's see.

The guy in Penn station videotaping the subway map. (seriously...????)

The guy who gets on the R train (periodically, mind you) and proceeds to rant with foul language about how much he hates the R train, specifically. (Dude, take the N instead!)

Pigeon shit. (Lucky? I think not.)

Fireflies on Queens Blvd. (Pretty.)

My accidental indecent exposure at the pool last night. (Embarassing but quickly and discreetly discovered, I think)

Actually since you aren't in NYC you would have missed it anyways, so don't feel bad.

Welcome home.

Posted by: jessica at July 11, 2008 2:41 PM

you missed me FINALLY getting the pram situation sorted and getting a decent double buggy off ebay. Oh, and me FINALLY setting up a blog of my own :)

Posted by: mamacrow at July 11, 2008 3:54 PM

welcome back! :) i'm jealous, as we don't have our week long myrtle beach vacation until september! i'm sorry the kids are sick though, sounds like you need a vacation from the vacation :)

you didn't miss much :)

Posted by: tiffanie at July 11, 2008 4:18 PM

This news of Karl Rove may be the sexiest thing you've ever said.

Posted by: Mr Lady at July 11, 2008 4:53 PM

There seriously is nothing more comforting than your own bed! We had a great time in the country this week, but the only thing that made me REALLY happy to be home (other than kitties, of course) was my own bed.... :)

Posted by: Haley-O at July 11, 2008 10:16 PM

I got married.

Posted by: Michele at July 12, 2008 1:20 AM

Well, you missed Jesse Jackson being a douche as usual, with some offensive comments towards Obama. I'm ashamed that Jesse Jackson is from the same general area that I am. Ugh.

Oh, AND you missed the fact that I got a raise!

Posted by: Stephanie at July 12, 2008 8:46 AM

Wow, didn't really miss a whole lot here. I mean, my kid went from occasionally standing to pulling up on everything and figuring out how to open drawers... but that's nothing right? You know how it goes once they become mobile. Sigh.

I'm jealous of your vacation. I took a few days off this past week and all I did was nurse a cold.

Posted by: Claire at July 12, 2008 4:58 PM

Hey there! Beach sounds like fun. I just got back from a weekend in San Francisco--I'll be posting that blog later tonight. Here's what you missed:

1. The Packers and LaFavre-Gate
2. Jamie Lynne Spears gushing about how wonderful
being a mother at 16 is
3. Nicole Kidman finally having a baby
4. The continuing fires and BAD air issue in
California
5. And, lastly, the drill of everyday activities
and stress--and THAT you deserve to miss! :)

Posted by: theirateprincipal at July 13, 2008 11:30 PM

As amusing as it would be to see Rove with a prison tattoo; it'll be short lived. By the time he's brought up on charges, makes it to court, gets convicted and sent to jail -- it'll be a one-day stay until Bush pardons him on the way out of office.

Yay, criminal justice system.

Hrm, I think I woke up on the bitter side of the bed this morning...

Posted by: Garth at July 14, 2008 8:16 AM

Different people in every country receive the business loans from different banks, because that's simple.

Posted by: AnnmarieBonner29 at August 5, 2010 5:26 AM