August 13, 2008

A Hypothetical

Let's say that you've got the stupid theme song from the stupid Little Einsteins rocketing through your head not helped by the fact that you accidentally drank some super-humongous thing you picked up at 7-11 on your way home that, you discovered waaaaaay too late, was a super-powered energy drink. How do you make it stop? Please. Help!

Posted by Chris at August 13, 2008 5:25 PM
Comments

Play Abba's dancing queen a couple times. The little einsteins song will be replaced...and you will hate me with what it is replaced with :D

Posted by: Amy at August 13, 2008 5:43 PM

i dunno. watch the backyardigans?

Posted by: kati at August 13, 2008 5:45 PM

Non,no,no...Try any of the songs from Wow Wow Wubbsy or the "Party in tummy" song from Yo Gabba Gabba

Posted by: Sarah at August 13, 2008 5:54 PM

What you have is an earworm. My condolences.

Here's your remedy:
First you need an antidote song (anything by REO Speedwagon could work). Then you need an antidote to the antidote song (Sesame Street has some good candidates). You may need yet another antidote after that.

Good luck!

Posted by: PirateBikeGrl at August 13, 2008 5:55 PM

A good hard swift kick to the head should work..

Posted by: Katie at August 13, 2008 5:56 PM

I am thinking that Katie has the right idea... However, the wheels on the bus always seems to stay with me for days!

Posted by: Amanda at August 13, 2008 6:03 PM

Posted by: Amanda at August 13, 2008 6:03 PM

The Oscar Meyer Song? Or the Spiderman Theme Song? Or my favorite, The Muppets "Manamana".
Oh wait, these just get stuck in your head too. That's not helping is it?

Good Luck

Posted by: Elizabeth at August 13, 2008 6:06 PM

classic rock. immediately. apply directly in ear and repeat until cured.

Posted by: cat at August 13, 2008 6:25 PM

"PAT PAT PAT PAT PAT PAT PAT!! we. NEED. more. PATTING!!" little einsteins drives me batshit crazy.

Posted by: briwok at August 13, 2008 6:29 PM

Sing "The Girl From Ipanema." It works every time!

Posted by: heels at August 13, 2008 7:06 PM

today i had def leppard raging in my head all day.

"can't you see...you got the best of me....whoaaa can't you see....you're bringing on the heartbreak...."

yeah. now you can sing that too.

Posted by: kimmyk at August 13, 2008 7:36 PM

I've found that songs can be driven from my head by singing either "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies. Then when I can't get "Sugar Sugar" out of my head I sing "Feliz Navidad" by José Feliciano.

Posted by: cyniclite at August 13, 2008 8:00 PM

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun?

Posted by: Ann Adams at August 13, 2008 8:12 PM

Try and sing all the words to American Pie twice and hopefully that will kill whatever song you are singing. Now when you're still singing American Pie in a week, you may want to kill me, but I can live with that. :)

On the other, no idea. Benadryl, maybe but only when you want to go to sleep?

Posted by: Issa at August 13, 2008 8:22 PM

Wired Magazine says you can do a difficult math problem and that kills earworms.

Posted by: TheQueen at August 13, 2008 8:25 PM

Looks like Beth will get a good night sleep while you stay up with the kids watching TV reruns.

Posted by: Maribeth at August 13, 2008 8:26 PM

If you don't get ahold of yourself pretty soon, you may be "going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship!" Although the energy drink may make you want to "Put up your arms. As high as you can...and SHAKE YOUR WHOLE BODY!!!"

Sorry...I've been there. The Little Einsteins drive me UP THE WALL!!!

Good luck!

Posted by: Drama Queen at August 13, 2008 8:54 PM

I feel like all of the song lyrics I used to know have been replaced by kids show music. I find myself humming the theme to Dora or Wow, Wow, Wubbzy! in the shower whereas I used to sing things like Sheryl Crow or Everclear. Seriously. We are shutting off the tv when we get back to CA.

Posted by: Annie at August 13, 2008 10:01 PM

Drink even more sugar until you eventually pass out in a coma?

Listen to an even more annoying song so that it gets stuck in your head? Four Non Blondes does it for me, "So I wake in the morning and I step outside...."

Posted by: anna at August 13, 2008 11:04 PM

Have Beth tell you something broke in the house that you have to fix. Make sure she's lying, but pretend to believe it. DOWNER.

Posted by: Poppy at August 14, 2008 4:55 AM

A friend of mine always claimed that the A Team theme tune will get any song unstuck from your head without simply replacing it with something else.

Alternately, you could try hitting yourself repeatedly over the head with a large solid object.

One or the other should help :)

Posted by: starrynite at August 14, 2008 5:03 AM

One or the other should help :)

Posted by: starrynite at August 14, 2008 5:03 AM

One or the other should help :)

Posted by: starrynite at August 14, 2008 5:04 AM

Wash it out with a verse or two of The Backyardigans.

Knot

Posted by: Knot at August 14, 2008 6:45 AM

We're going on a trip in our favorite rocketship...zooming through the sky..LITTLE EINSTIEN...

Posted by: darren at August 14, 2008 11:39 AM

I don't know, but if you find out, could you PLEASE tell me? I've been suffering from the same fate for the last two days. Also, I have TMBG's "Hot Dog" song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse filling in the gaps whenever I get a minute's respite from "going on a mission."

Posted by: Ross at August 14, 2008 1:58 PM

You don't. You get your daughter to join in and have a rousing dance party in the living room singing Little Einsteins at the top of your lungs until the energy drink wears off, hopefully just in time for her bedtime.

Posted by: Amy at August 14, 2008 10:55 PM

We're going on a trip on our favorite rocket ship .... :D

I know exactly how you feel. A couple of weeks ago I developed a high fever, which caused my brains to become suddenly very active and repeat that same song over and over and over again. Pat pat pat! It was awful!

Monkey LOVES Little Einsteins. We watch it every Saturday or Sunday morning in bed. Pat pat pat!

Posted by: Nadine at August 15, 2008 6:27 AM