November 4, 2008

Poll Position

You probably have a lot on your plates today. You've got to get up, get dressed, have some breakfast, maybe a cup of coffee or two. Then you're probably headed to work, off to get stuck in traffic, sit in meetings, amuse yourself on conference calls. Maybe you have kids to take care of, laundry to do, mouths to feed. But today - if you live in these United States, you're over the age of 18 and you've never been convicted of a felony - you have one singularly important job, one you only have to do ever four years. You've got to vote in a presidential election.

Sometimes it's tough to figure out the issues, to find with whom you identify the most. Sometimes it's hard to convince yourself that your vote really matters or that the issues these guys are discussing actually affect you in some way. But while there may not be a perfect candidate, there's probably someone with whom you agree more than you disagree. And the issues these guys and all the talking heads to whom they provide endless fodder for debate really do matter to you and impact your everyday life. Especially now with the economy being what it is. Taxes and jobs matter now. The education of your kids (and mine) matter now. And your vote counts. So please please please get out there and cast it.

Obviously you know where I stand on this issue. You know who I'll be rooting for. You know whose numbers I'll be nervously watching tonight. Who you vote for is your decision alone. It's a personal decision. No one can tell you how to vote. Except Mia.

So go, do that voting thing and let me know how it goes. Have you driven by polling places? What are the lines like? What kind of experience have you had voting? And who does your gut tell you is going to win?

Posted by Chris at November 4, 2008 6:01 AM
Comments

Thankfully, my state offers early voting, so I got this out of the way a couple of weeks ago. Interestingly, there was still a line; I arrived an hour early (thinking the polling place would open at the same time as the courthouse in which it was located--it actually opened an hour later), and was the first in line, but by the time the doors opened there were at least 20 or 30 people waiting. Truly, I am frightened to think how swamped the polling places will be on this day, but very glad I've done my civic duty.

Posted by: Michelle at November 4, 2008 6:16 AM

I early voted so I just get to wait on pins and needles all day. My fear? That the Republicans will go out in huge numbers today.....

Posted by: Debbie at November 4, 2008 6:35 AM

Oh my. She is too cute. I'm leaving right now to go vote...before 6:00 am (so I can be first in line). Hopefully the line is short or non-existent.

Posted by: Jen at November 4, 2008 6:46 AM

That's got to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. :)

Posted by: Hannah at November 4, 2008 6:51 AM

Oh how could you not vote for Obama now. It's on like Donkey Kong.

Posted by: DC Urban Dad at November 4, 2008 6:52 AM

Tell Mia I am sorry to disappoint her!

Posted by: Jeff A at November 4, 2008 6:54 AM

OMG. That should go national!
I early voted. Today is going to drive me insane waiting on all the polls to close so we can start seeing results being posted.

My gut tells me Obama will have more than he needs to win, and hopefully Florida will get counted right this time...

Posted by: Michelle at November 4, 2008 6:56 AM

That is one funny kid...

Posted by: Talking Budgie at November 4, 2008 6:59 AM

I mailed in my vote a few weeks ago, and Mia would not be disappointed. I'm just excited that it's a vote in Virginia this time, as opposed to Texas last time.

And Mia is absolutely adorable!

Posted by: Kerry at November 4, 2008 7:02 AM

THAT is awesome. A toddler with a political message - she's clearly a genius.

But I am trying to figure WHEN did she get all grown up and talking like a diminutive adult? DAMN!

Posted by: Paige at November 4, 2008 7:02 AM

Adding my voice to Miabean.

The polls aren't open here yet so I don't know about lines. Since I already voted, I'll just hang around waiting for the polls to close.

I think that little village in NH went 2-1 for Obama. At least according to something my husband saw. I'm still nervous.

My friend and I will probably watch the returns from Obama headquarters here. Wasn't my original plan but she'd like to go. I hope it's a celebration; not a wake.

Posted by: Ann Adams at November 4, 2008 7:14 AM

Okay, I've watched it like three times now because it's just that cute, and I'm very sad that I can't vote :P
(The "I approved this message" was a little unexpected gem :D)

Posted by: Heather at November 4, 2008 7:34 AM

I certainly hope this country doesn't disappoint Ms. Bean!

Thankfully, I voted early and only had to wait in line for about 10 minutes.

My gut tells me Obama...but, watching all the pundits and following all the polls has me freaking out.

Posted by: Nanette at November 4, 2008 7:43 AM

Oh! The cuteness!

Can I vote for Mia?

Posted by: Missy at November 4, 2008 7:51 AM

I wrote in candidate miabean...LOL

I had early voting as well. I got there at 10 mins of 6 and there was already no parking i had to drive around the block and park on another street. There was a line because it hadn't opened yet but once the doors opened the line moved quickly and I was out of there in 15 mins. So I was only 10 mins late for work. Cool beans!

So lets hope miabean pulls it out. All hail miabean.

Posted by: Deirdre at November 4, 2008 7:55 AM

I arrived at my polling place this morning at 6AM on the dot and waited in line for 35 minutes to vote. I also took one of my children and he voted, too, at a special "kids vote" booth. The other son couldn't drag himself out of bed :-)

Posted by: Alissa at November 4, 2008 8:05 AM

I think Obama will win.

Today I am working from home solely to avoid Times Square. Three major networks are broadcasting there today- it'll be insane.

Posted by: jessica at November 4, 2008 8:05 AM

That is so cute! You can tell Mia I voted yesterday and I voted for Obama!

Posted by: Claire at November 4, 2008 8:08 AM

got there early had to "create" a parking space (told them i was gonna be late for work anyway)... was number 16... but it was chaos...so i was probably 20+ or something like that in line... i too am sitting on pins back in the 60's i used to work at the city county building and "keypunch" the wayne county results... so actually got to "watch" the votes..very interesting ... one year one of the precincts locked up the votes and went home... had to send the sheriff out to get them... usually worked from 6:30 pm after a full day's work (so they could lock us in) until 7 or 8 the next morning... but always worth it!

Posted by: the unicorn at November 4, 2008 8:08 AM

I voted at 6:35 am. I was #30. And I waited for only about 5 minutes to vote. Fingers crossed for Mia's candidate. I've never voted this early before but I couldn't wait today.

Posted by: MoMMY at November 4, 2008 8:11 AM

I'm so glad Mia isn't one of those militant types. :)

If you get a chance, swing by my site today and check out the political message from my son...who is also not of the miltant variety!

Posted by: The Stiletto Mom at November 4, 2008 8:19 AM

She slays me.

I'm voting this evening.

Posted by: Maria at November 4, 2008 8:23 AM

I'm with Missy. Let's vote for Mia!

Posted by: Maribeth at November 4, 2008 8:33 AM

Well, there is no way I could make that little sweetheart sad... Go Obama!

Posted by: Lisa at November 4, 2008 8:35 AM

My vote was cast almost two weeks ago in Mia Bean's favor.

Let's just hope it's counted correctly. I've never voted for a winning candidate for President (missed being old enough to vote in Clinton's re-election by 5 months...)

Posted by: Melissa at November 4, 2008 8:36 AM

A. The photo doesn't show up on my computer!

B. T and I went early this morning so that we could beat any potential crowds. We were 4th and 5th in line but there wasn't a huge crowd. Also, we were the youngest people at the polling location by far...I mean by at least 20 years.

I'm so proud I voted today!

C. My gut tells me that Obama is going to take it and run.

Posted by: Arwen at November 4, 2008 8:40 AM

I'm exercising my right to leave work early today and vote this afternoon. But I won't disappoint Mia.

Posted by: daisy at November 4, 2008 8:44 AM

I won't be letting Mia down today! That was too cute! I will be voting after work today. Even if that means standing in line for three hours (like I did four years ago). While I was getting ready for work this morning I had the news on. They were showing aerial views of some of the polls. I live in Michigan and they were showing places in Detroit. The lines were insane. Everyone kept commenting on how the amount of people showing up to vote were beyond record breaking numbers. It really got to me. Totally amazing.

Posted by: js at November 4, 2008 8:44 AM

Early voter, took both kids Tuesday afternoon of last week. Small community so you always know someone running the place or someone who comes into vote or you went to high school with their kid.

No line at all. I love to take my kids, makes for great conversation since they pick up on certain details. The 6yo comment - who is hiding in these booths, Momma. Another discussion about the electoral college was spiked by the 12yo!

Went by same place this morning and the parking lot was full. Traffic was also lighter on the interstate so I am *hoping* people stopped to vote before work.

My gut says Obama.

Posted by: steff at November 4, 2008 8:51 AM

I can't stream video at work, I'm dying to see Mia. My husband and I took Jake this morning at about 7.30. I was a little hesitant to bring him but I've taken him to every election since he's been born and he is so pumped about Baa-rock Obama that I didn't want to leave him out this time. The news showed lines hundreds of people deep at some of the polling places, but we walked right in, no lines at all. I think two other people showed up while we were voting. Convenient, but sad. We were the 38th and 39th people to vote, which isn't bad for the first half hour.

Oh, and we live in a predominantly white/ increasingly Hispanic and Asian working/middle class neighborhood in Philly. Most of our neighbors are immigrants, union guys, old ladies, or hipsters. We are not any of those things.

I think.

Posted by: lora at November 4, 2008 9:01 AM

I was # 61 in line when the polls first opened at 7am. I was through and cast my vote for Grover Cleveland in 30 minutes.

We need more presidents with names like Grover and Ulysses and Millard and I think Barrack fits that bill although I did not vote for him.

Posted by: William at November 4, 2008 9:01 AM

Am watching Sen. Obama cast his vote as I type!

I think all of the Republicans think Obama is going to win, while all of the Dems will be nervously watching McCain. Based on this logic? I think Obama is going to be our next President.

I'm planning on heading out in an hour to go vote. I'm going to bring all three kids, and what could possibly go wrong there?

Happy election day!

Posted by: chatty cricket at November 4, 2008 9:02 AM

My daughter and I will be voting together, she is 18 so this is her first time. I'm so proud of her, I heard her on her cell phone lastnight backing Obama (YEAH!) which she has not made a secret, the girl knows who she wants, now lets just hope she gets it!
Mia is ADORABLE!!!!!

Posted by: kami at November 4, 2008 9:08 AM

We'll be heading off to vote as soon as Don gets back from his coffee at the donut shop.

Cas

Thank Mia.

Posted by: cassie-b at November 4, 2008 9:19 AM

If you do the math and figure I always vote for the loser...

Mia's very cute.

As for the lines, we spent a half hour, nothing more. And some of that was waiting for the polling place to open. Minnesota's weird, though. It's like an SAT exam. I miss pulling levers.

Posted by: alektra at November 4, 2008 9:22 AM

I got out and voted before I left for work this am. My town is a smaller part of a bigger town, but it has a separate voting center. There was no line, so I walked in, and hoped that my vote for Obama wouldn't be wasted.

I am really really hoping he wins, this country is in desparate need to change and I believe he can do it.

But most of all, what I want more than anything else, is to see our country united again. That the parties stop fighting once this election is over, and that we can move forward to better our nation together.

Posted by: Jean at November 4, 2008 9:22 AM

That is one of the cutest political ads I've seen. If they were all like this, the world would be a much better place.

There were lines this morning when I drove by my voting location. Really unusual for my tiny town. I'm going to take an early lunch to try and beat the real lunch hour/after work crowd.

Posted by: anna at November 4, 2008 9:25 AM

Mia is too darn cute. That is the best ad I've seen all election season!

Taking Leda with me later today to vote. I may even let her color in the little dot. It's historic!

Posted by: cyndy at November 4, 2008 9:32 AM

I don't know, my husband was in line half an hour before the polls open, hopefully he won't have to stand in line too long. I'm going to try to hit it around 10:00, when hopefully everyone will be at work. My car battery died today, so I'm hoping I don't get stranded.

Posted by: Sheryl at November 4, 2008 9:35 AM

I love, love, love that she approved the message :)

Don't worry Mia, I voted for Obama!

Posted by: bad penguin at November 4, 2008 9:42 AM

I tried early voting in Washington State and they told me I wasn't registered to vote. I thought at first it was voter suppression and was ready to go all militant on them when they kindly and patiently pointed out that I was Canadian.

Dammit.

Regardless of that, if the world could vote, it'd vote for Obama. Please don't disappoint the world!

From an outsider's perspective, I follow all kinds of politics all kinds of closely and I remember seeing Obama speak a the DNC in 2004 and I called my Mom and said, "I hope he one day runs for President." Now here he is.

I came home last night and saw him speak and saw him wipe some tears away for his Toot and it's had me so sad and crying for his great loss.

So please, vote for Toot and vote for Mia and for you.

Also, a minor correction, even if you have a felony record, depending on what state you live in, you may still be able to vote.

Good luck America.

The world is watching and we're all holding our breath.

As Obama says, you can change America and then change the world.

Man I babble. But I'm nervous.

Posted by: Tania at November 4, 2008 9:47 AM

I did the early voting thing here in NC but I'm so happy so many people are taking the time and effort to go vote today, regardless of which way they cast their ballot. I'll be even happier when the day is over and the tallies show a certain charismatic candidate has won the presidential race.

Your daughter is sooo cute. Tell her nobody in my immediate family is going to make her sad today.

Posted by: Ross at November 4, 2008 9:49 AM

I won't be going to the polls until after I get off of work at 4. 98 Rock was saying this morning, though, that there were already people waiting in the parkinglots at 6 this morning, waiting for the places to open.

Both of my boyfriends are being stubborn and refuse to vote. Chris won't do it because he equally hates both candidates and doesn't believe a write-in will change anything. Ben refuses to do so because he and his brother always see the exact opposite, and they know that regardless, they'd vote opposite, and they'd cancel each others votes out. So they both agreed to never go vote. -.- Kind of disappoints me that neither will go but, meh, not my place to make them unfortently.

I will proudly display my "I voted" sticker as soon as I get out of work.

Posted by: secha at November 4, 2008 10:02 AM

I got to my polling place at 6:35, and was out by 7:25. I was #47 in line, but there were several hundred still there when I left. It was an amazing sight!

Posted by: Jenny at November 4, 2008 10:05 AM

Cutest advertisement ever!

Posted by: Heather at November 4, 2008 10:07 AM

That's the second cutest thing I think I've ever seen!! (The first cutest, only by a hair, is on my blog post today.)
LJ

Posted by: gojennings at November 4, 2008 10:09 AM

OMG that's adorable. I could NEVER break her heart. What else should I vote on MiaBean? ;-)

My husband and I sat up late finishing our research on the choices for judges and he's already off to the polls this morning before work. I have the luxury of working from home, so I think I'll take a break after the early morning rush and head over to cast my all important vote.

Posted by: Kristy - Where's My Damn Answer at November 4, 2008 10:13 AM

I'm doing my part so that Mia will not be very very very very sad indeed! So adorable, Chris. I'm sad that Thomas can't be used for such purposes (not enough words yet). Even though, when we're alone, I admit to trying to get him to cheer after chanting GO OBAMA GO!

Posted by: Sam at November 4, 2008 10:15 AM

Well, if I wasn't convinced before! *wink*

She's so cute. Me and my own little LylaBean are off to the polls as soon as she wakes up from her nap.

GO OBAMA!

Posted by: Pocklock at November 4, 2008 10:22 AM

That is the cutest Obama spot EVER! My daughter made me play it 3 times. She wants to be friends with Mia now. :)
And we VOTED!! Arrived at the polls at 6:45am and by 9am we were done with all federal, state and local elections! Yay!
And folks, if you can, please remember to vote in your local elections. They have the most direct impact on you, your home and your neighborhood.

Posted by: tulip at November 4, 2008 10:25 AM

If the rest of the world could vote in your election there would be NO competition whatsoever.

Obama, all the way. Mia - you've got it right!

Posted by: Jacqueline at November 4, 2008 10:30 AM

Than ks to the awesome strangeness that is early voting, I voted on Friday. I'll be wearing my "I Voted" sticker today. I've been saving it.

Posted by: Judy at November 4, 2008 10:39 AM

i love mail-in voting! another reason oregon is great...

Posted by: kati at November 4, 2008 10:42 AM

aww, if I hadn't already voted for Obama in early voting, I would for SURE do it today. ;) Too cute! :D

Posted by: Manda at November 4, 2008 10:43 AM

My 16 year old and I just watched Ms. Mias' ad. Laughed out loud! Especially loved where she gave the very sassy grin at the end!
dawn

Posted by: dawn at November 4, 2008 10:49 AM

I luckily didn't have to wait at all - they had extra polling stations set up. And my dogs even told me who to vote for today - "Bark"arack!

Posted by: Heather at November 4, 2008 10:51 AM

Oh my hell, she's freaking ADORABLE.

I took my girls to vote and we waited in line 10 minutes for the doors to open at 7. Our voting place kept things moving at a pretty good pace, which was awesome, and we were outta there by 7:23. Filling in that bubble (yes, we fill in bubbles) for Obama was so exciting - and afterwards, I treated my kids to donuts while I had my first gingerbread latte of the season.

Amazing morning.

Posted by: Sarah at November 4, 2008 10:56 AM

I went at 8 a.m. and only waited for 10 minutes. It was a quick in and out. But there were no stickers. Which I thought sucked.

Posted by: k8 at November 4, 2008 11:00 AM

I approve that message too!

I'll be getting out of here early to go vote, I did a drive by earlier and there were a ton of people at my (usually) sleepy little precinct. It's good to see everyone getting out to vote!

Posted by: Mandy Lou at November 4, 2008 11:03 AM

*sigh* I'd better get on that US citizenship application, eh?

Posted by: oakley at November 4, 2008 11:13 AM

OMG that may be the cutest thing I have ever seen.

It's quite weird for the rest of the world, following the election process in the States. Because obviously whilst we have no vote, the outcome does also have a profound effect on us. Especially in the UK, which has such close ties with the US.

Fingers crossed for Obama.

Posted by: starrynite at November 4, 2008 11:31 AM

I am always in awe of democracy as a force...so I early voted here in NV, like 60% of our eligible voters. And holy cow Cactus, you sure DO have alot of readers from the other side of the political fence. Happily, I am not one of them. Obama/Biden in '08. Mia knows best.

Posted by: rebecca at November 4, 2008 11:34 AM

Well, if she can't convince the people, no one can.

Posted by: Mr Lady at November 4, 2008 11:36 AM

Nice!

I'm heading out to Barack the vote shortly. I'm not expecting much of a wait in my town, but a colleague waited nearly 2 hours to vote in NYC this morning.

I'm excited to vote for Obama in a way I was not excited four years ago (although I still voted). Normally I vote first thing in the a.m., but I'm working from home today and decided to put off voting for a little while b/c once it's done it's done and all I can do is wait.

Posted by: erin at November 4, 2008 11:52 AM

Awesome video! I voted Obama, and felt a little teary as I realized I was voting for the first non-white male candidate in my life.

Posted by: sarah a. at November 4, 2008 11:57 AM

Because I live in the middle of no-where there wasn't a line - I think there were more voting stations than residents! I will be on a voting high all day...love it!

Posted by: Mitzy at November 4, 2008 12:07 PM

You need to submit this to yeswecanholdbabies.wordpress.com It is exactly what they need today!!

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at November 4, 2008 12:09 PM

i live in indiana. i waited for over two hours this morning. the line was just as long when i left as it was when i got there. i voted for obama/biden. i thought the dems would win in 2000 (my first voting election) and 04. now i just feel nervous. optimistic, but nervous.

Posted by: jennifer at November 4, 2008 12:17 PM

I brought my kiddo with me to the polls this morning, decked out in her "Vote for my better tomorrow" t-shirt, which seemed to be appreciated by those standing in line around me. And, there was a line - I showed up at 6:15 and wasn't out of there until 7. That left me only 15 minutes to drop said kiddo at daycare and walk in the doors at work . . . which I did successfully.

Although a tad anxious about being late to work, I was actually happy to see a line. It had dwindled a bit by the time I left, but it's reassuring to see so many taking their "civic duty" seriously and exercising their rights. Of course, I'm pulling for my local guy, but I agree - either way you vote, just vote.

Posted by: kate at November 4, 2008 12:21 PM

I love the "I am Mia and I approve this message."! Too freaking cute! And yes, I did vote, but by mail as I go to school outside of my voting district, but still. Am very anxious about this evening and am crossing my fingers both for the presidency (Obama, please) but more so for the governor here (Rossi, please). Guess we'll see in a few very long hours.

Posted by: Dianna at November 4, 2008 12:31 PM

My husband and I hit the polls at 7am and were out by 8:30-ish. It was an honor to stand in line. People were very amiable and the mood was reflective and light at the same time. I have to confess... I got a little teary-eyed as I checked Obama's name. I have such, such big hopes for America.

Looking forward to watching returns tonight....

Posted by: Stephanie at November 4, 2008 12:39 PM

Awesome video! I love her use of the word, "indeed".

The line at 5:50am was so long that my wife had to skip it and come back later. At 8:30 when I went, it was 40 minutes and just fine. No problems, paper ballot, everyone was cordial and I think a majority were Obama. I live in a state that flip-flops between red and blue so I'm hoping we go blue. :) It's going to be very tight here.

Posted by: Brad at November 4, 2008 1:33 PM

I heart Mia. :)

I voted this morning (no lines) and now I feel like I'm going to throw up. The waiting might just kill me.

And I'm so mad I didn't think of your title!!! That was my favorite arcade game.

Posted by: laura at November 4, 2008 1:54 PM

I voted by mail-in ballot about three weeks ago. But the closest polling place to me is packed...there is a line around the block. I passed it twice on the way too and from preschool. There are people with Obama signs everywhere. And some weird people on corners with signs that make no sense.

In my gut, I believe he'll win. My head though, is arguing with me. But only because I was sure Bush wouldn't win the second time. But people like Obama more than Kerry, so I'm very hopeful.

Posted by: Issa at November 4, 2008 2:48 PM

I planned to head out early, but heard how long the lines were on the radio. Since I don't have to be at work until an hour after most folks, I waited until later in the morning. That was wise because I then only had to wait behind one other voter.

My gut has no news, it just churns.

Posted by: Melissa at November 4, 2008 2:50 PM

I did the early voting thing. I just hope Obama wins!

Posted by: ::c:: at November 4, 2008 3:10 PM

I've been eating Tums all day--I'm so nervous--so my gut is not saying much at all. My heart, on the other hand, believes it will go Obama. It just has to.

Posted by: Janet at November 4, 2008 3:56 PM

Great job Mia, very cute.

I voted by mail in ballot. Dropped off my ballot in person on October 20th. The majority of Colorado voted early.

Posted by: One Mom's Opinion at November 4, 2008 5:18 PM

I'm voting for Mia. Think she'll let me be her VP?

Posted by: GreenCanary at November 4, 2008 5:53 PM

I am more moved by this election than by any that have come before in my heretofore relatively short adult life. I was actually 18 for the 1992 election, and got to start my first year of voting eligibility off swinging.
This morning I harumphed at a photo of a woman here in NJ crying leaving the polls, only to find myself significantly tearing up as I pushed my way back through the curtains and the doors.
I stood for a long while staring at my lit up green x's making sure they stood for Obama and my all else I chose.
As always, I felt so privileged being able to take part and make a choice.
It just happens that my normal day off is today, and I half excited, half scared as I have been all year, I've spent time scanning the internet and the TV for any current info.
This would be a monumental election even without a first-time nominee on either side.

Posted by: Karen at November 4, 2008 6:30 PM

If I hadn't already voted early--FOR OBAMA!!!--Mia would surely have influenced my inclinations. Perhaps she'll be appointed to a cabinet post...say...Secretary of The Cookie Jar.

Posted by: apathy lounge at November 4, 2008 6:43 PM

Well. They should have been using this in the campaign all along!

You and I will be watching the same numbers tonight. God speed.

Posted by: Stephanie at November 4, 2008 7:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE Obama's new spokesgirl!!!

I voted a week ago (only took 15 minutes in and out) and Obama already got my vote.

By the looks of things around the sub-suburbs of Cleveland/Akron, Ohio, there weren't any lines outside of polling places and most reports are that voting was anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, in and out. However, in Cleveland and Akron, it was much worse.

All I know is that my ass didn't have to wait in line today. Also, the Steelers beat the Redskins in Monday Night Football... and history shows that if the opposing team beats the 'Skins, there is a change of parties in the White House. And I'm ALL for change AND a Steelers win! However, the kids at the elementary school where I teach voted McCain into the WH in their mock election today... it's rather obvious that I teach in a heavy McCain supportin' area. BOO, I say!

Posted by: ironic1 at November 4, 2008 7:03 PM

I voted for Obama over a week ago and I'm in the throws of serious anxiety. Why can't it just be tomorrow already!!!

Thank goodness for Mia - I've been to your site several times today just to bring my smile back. What a cutie.

Posted by: Caroline at November 4, 2008 7:36 PM

I'd have voted Obama if I could have...

Posted by: suze at November 4, 2008 7:50 PM

Ha. Maybe Mia will run for President one day. Who could vote against that cuteness?

I voted at 6pm tonight after work. I'm in Upstate NY and there was NO line. None. Most of my friends and coworkers went early in the morning and there were also no lines then.

Technically not over yet, but Mia should be very happy right now.

Posted by: erin at November 4, 2008 10:26 PM

Four years ago I waited in line for four hours. I was all set for that misery again. But this year I walked right in, there was no wait at all. And all the poll workers were bikers. It was awesome. You could not make that crap up if you tried. I was in and out in less than five minutes.

Posted by: April at November 4, 2008 10:32 PM

I am rolling in tears over here! LOVE her commercial! SHE APPROVES this message! Snort! So do I!

I am SO excited!

I believe every one's vote counts. AND if you don't vote you don't get to bitch! Nope don't want to hear from some one that is too lazy to Rock the vote!

Posted by: gypsy at November 4, 2008 11:05 PM

That is by far the BEST political ad I have ever seen. Ever.

Posted by: Lizzle at November 5, 2008 1:23 AM

It only took me about 40 minutes to vote-not too shabby! It's nice to be a part of an historic moment that isn't also tragic (at least, not in my opinion).

Posted by: Jane V. at November 5, 2008 1:42 AM

WE DID IT!!

Posted by: Ann Adams at November 5, 2008 2:06 AM

If Canadians could vote, I'd pick Obama too. :)

Mia is SO cute!

Posted by: Scattered Mom at November 5, 2008 2:48 AM

I was a poll watcher at my local precinct (in Northern VA) yesterday. We had a line of 30-40 people when we arrived to set up AT 5AM! the line was a little over an hour for most of the morning - but died out around 1030am and was minimal (5 min) the rest of the day. Had almost an 80% turnout at my precinct. It was a long day - 5am-9pm but I was glad to do it and will do it again!

Posted by: Sue R at November 5, 2008 12:58 PM

That is HILARIOUS. Also, go Obama!!!

Posted by: Liz at November 5, 2008 1:31 PM

Oh god, how cute is this. I missed this yesterday, I was at a seminar all day! I'm an absentee voter so no lines for me!

Posted by: Teenuh at November 5, 2008 1:57 PM

That's AWESOME! I adore her. Squeeeeeeeeeeee!

Posted by: krystyn at November 5, 2008 3:03 PM

Totally off the subject (although I did vote and I'm proud to be an American), but my daughter has what looks to be the same dresser/hutch as Mia.

Cute video, btw.

Posted by: Melanie at November 7, 2008 12:06 PM

sorry to disapoint you Mia... I would of if I could of, but unfortunatly I live in England so none of this is anything to do with me .....
How could any of you not have voted Obama after that though .... shame on you!!!

Posted by: meg at November 7, 2008 3:13 PM

hehehe!

Oh, that Mia, such a cutie patootey.

Posted by: Poppy at November 14, 2008 9:35 PM

Make your own life more easy get the credit loans and everything you want.

Posted by: HardingMolly24 at November 16, 2011 7:21 AM