December 4, 2008

The Lost and Found Mixtape

(Author's note: I know that the term mixtape is outmoded, overcome by events and inventions and is a few generations old. But that's my generation we're talking about and there's something cool and romantic about the idea of a mixtape. So regardless of your generation and mode of music delivery - tapes, CDs, playlists, whatever - I'm just going to keep calling it a mixtape. Even though I, myself, have abandoned the format.)

In the parking lot of my local grocery store, I happened upon an old CD. It was lying there on the ground, neglected, scratched and dented. It was labeled For Jane. Apparently Jane wasn't impressed or no longer cared. While I wasn't expecting much, I popped it into my car's CD player. Surprisingly it worked. So I listened to it. And here's what I found:

1. In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel). Whoever this guy is - and let's call him Kevin because him is just awkward - he's starting off with a great song but a hard act to follow. I mean, when you start off with the Lloyd Dobbler Anthem, you set your expectations a little on the high side.
  2. Stone In Love (Journey). This wouldn't have been my first choice of romantic Journey power-ballads but hey, I'm not Kevin and maybe it means something to then. Still, solid song.
  3. Can I Play With Madness (Iron Maiden). Um, now, I'm an unabashed Maiden fan - seriously - but it seems to me that the CD took a gigantic turn in a strange direction. In no way is Maiden, even in their quietest moments, romantic. Unless you're, you know, satan. Or one of his minions.
  4. How I Could Just Kill A Man (Cypress Hill). Ahh, memories of that night, smoking some pot and rolling homeless guys for their bottles of Boone's.
  5. Irresponsible Hate Anthem (Marilyn Manson). I get the definite sense that Kevin is a little unsure of what he thought of Jane.
  6. Crazy For You (Madonna). Yep, this confirms it. Kevin's bipolar.
  7. I'm Happy Just To Dance With You (The Beatles). Nice song. Too bad the mood is completely and utterly ruined by an androgynous metal-head and 420-fueled rap.
  8. Angel (Massive Attack). Again, great song but the mood is ruined.
  9. Groove Is In The Heart (Deee-Lite). The video for his one-hit wonder was pure awesomeness in motion. But as a stand-alone song? Huh.
  10. Still Crazy After All These Years (Paul Simon). You can say that again.
  11. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover (Paul Simon). Jane, pick one and leave quickly.
  12. Loves Me Like A Rock (Paul Simon). Loves you like a psychotic freak, more like it.
  13. Cherry Pie (Warrant). I don't know what the significance of this song might be and I honestly don't care to know.
  14. How I Could Just Kill A Man (Cypress Hill). What, once wasn't enough?
  15. I Think I'm Going Bald (Rush). Possibly the most obscure song in the entire Rush catalog. And you put it on a mixtape for a chick. Accentuating the fact that you might be losing your hair. You sure know how to woo them, Kevin.
  16. Personality Crisis (New York Dolls). The personality crisis I'm picking up on is yours, Kevin. Frankly I'm terrified.
  17. I Think We're Alone Now (Tiffany). Jane, I'm more than a little worried about you. Especially if you are indeed alone with Kevin. Run, Jane, run! Run like the wind.

Now, not only is Kevin's musical taste eclectic and his song selection moderately terrifying, but he broke all the rules of a mixtape. Allow me to recap The Rules:
  1. Don't repeat songs. Even if they're alternate versions of previously included songs.
  2. Try your best not to repeat artists and, if you have to, ensure songs by the same artists are separated by a few tracks. There may be some instances in which artist repetition is okay as with mixing solo artists and the bands from which they came. For instance, including a Beatles and Paul McCartney song on the same mixtape is perfectly acceptable so long as they're separated by a few songs.
  3. Genre mixing is okay but flailing wildly across the musical spectrum is a little strange. And terrifying.
  4. Don't be a fucking psycho.

I have no idea what may have happened between Jane and Kevin. I can only hope that Jane isn't tied up in the trunk of a car crossing state lines.

What are your mixtape memories? Bests? Worsts?

Posted by Chris at December 4, 2008 6:51 AM
Comments

I am a notorious mixtape schizophrenic. I have no sense about what should go where, and the rules flew out the window long ago. If I like a song, I add it two or three times. If I like a particular rap song, it's ok if it's in between a bunch of sappy love songs. My boyfriend has listened to some of them from "back in the day" and he just shakes his head sadly. He is (I think) wondering exactly what he's gotten himself into. And rightly so. I could've made that mixtape for Jane. If I was Kevin.
Or am I? :)

Posted by: Kate at December 4, 2008 8:00 AM

I go into moods. Some are upbeat music that will pick you up. Then there are the down ones, where I feel like I am totally depressed and unloved or unlovable. Yeah, my mixed tapes all sort of express my mood at the moment.

Posted by: Maribeth at December 4, 2008 8:35 AM

I remember that I made a tape for an ex that basically revolved around the them of "I can't make you love me." It was pretty lame but I am pretty sure I observed the rules. This guy was obviously crazy.

Posted by: Claire at December 4, 2008 8:39 AM

Okay I almost peed my pants laughing so hard reading that. I still make cds for people, but they aren't considered "romantic" normally I just make a mix of the most possible songs of that time period, so it might say "Bob 2004" and it would obviously have songs of 2004 on there. It's easy to find in the cd pile too.

I agree with your sentiment about Kevin and Poor Jane I'm hoping that this wasn't mailed to her from the Rikers and it got loaded in with her other CDs while fleeing to go in hiding.

Posted by: Deirdre at December 4, 2008 8:46 AM

I am not even sure where to start... odd. Now some of those songs brought back memories but as a whole... well all I can say is CRACK KILLS people (or Meth as the case may be these days...)

Mmm kay, I love Rush and thought I have heard everything by them but the bald song? I would need to go back and check it out to see if I actually know it but cannot remember knowing it!!

Cherry Pie... cannot stop singing the song to myself right now. O.M.G.

Funny you should bring up mix tapes because I kept a few "from back in day" just for prosperity's sake and I was thinking about them the other day. Wondering which ones I kept and what on earth could be on them. I always made those tapes when I liked a boy but he did not like me OR to go cruisin' on the El Camino (for real) (what? I grew up in San Jose CA. Everyone cruised the El Camino back then even the white kids from the pricey 'burbs!)

I do know one thing for sure - my mix tapes never bordered on schizophrenia that I can recall. I am telling you Meth is bad for the brain!

Posted by: Christina at December 4, 2008 8:47 AM

This is freaking hysterical. Is it any wonder Jane ditched the thing in the parking lot, hoping it would be run over repeatedly? I think perhaps Kevin has many personalities, not just two. Poor, poor Jane.

I love mixtapes, though I haven't made one for years. I remember agonizing about putting the right mix together - artists in the right order, not too many slow songs together, not too many fast songs together. Getting the right mix could take hours.

Then again, I'm old enough to remember holding my tape recorder up to the radio and pressing record when my favorite song came on.

Posted by: Shelly at December 4, 2008 8:50 AM

I never knew there were mixtape rules. Do the same rules apply to playlists? If so, Kevin and I were separated at birth. My playlists go by themes (e.g., Shake Your Booty).

I never made a mixtape for anyone. My husband, then boyfriend, made me several. I didn't know it, but it is obvious he observed the rules. But he was a DJ, so he must have been aware of it.

Posted by: Maria at December 4, 2008 8:54 AM

I wrote about mix tapes 4 years ago.

Should it scare me that I can't find my car keys when I need them, but I can remember an obscure blog post from 2004?

Posted by: COD at December 4, 2008 9:00 AM

I recall quite a few. Two memories that stick out are 1) taping stuff off of the radio and being furious with the stupid DJs for talking over the beginning and ending of songs 2) when tape technology was at it's peak, you could fit like 3 hours of songs on a tape. And since you wanted to avoid rewinding, you'd fill it all up and try and get as little dead air at the end. One tape I made was just disgustingly long and as a result, a bit all over the place.

Good memories... and wow have times changed!

Posted by: Brad at December 4, 2008 9:09 AM

That was definitely not a good effort.

Best: A friend puts together his Song That Didn't Suck [year] every year, along with a B-sides version of non-suckage. He sends these out to everyone who shows an interest and they're consistently outstanding (except for the one he made right after a breakup, which was so syrupy and depressing that I think I used it for a coaster.

Worst: YOU STILL HAVEN'T SENT ME YOURS!!! Don't make me tell your wife.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at December 4, 2008 9:16 AM

I used to make "awesome boogie tunes" in high school... multiple volumes. Sure wish I knew where those were right now. Queen, AC/DC, hiphop, etc.. all the good stuff from the 90s. Oh yeah...

Fast forward to last week. Made a mixed CD from my itunes for a friend (met via blogging). Mailed hers last night and I'm patiently waiting for one in return!

Posted by: Holly at December 4, 2008 9:30 AM

I have a ton of these mixed tapes, some I made for myself others that guys have made for me...I think one of the funniest ones I found when we were moving was my tape of soundtrack songs from different movies; I popped it in to have a listen and would you believe I listened to the whole thing. It wasn't that bad actually. The worst was a tape from a guy with really bad hip hop songs mixed with love songs. I guess he didn't know me that well I was a "rocker" girl in my high school days!

Posted by: Gabriella at December 4, 2008 9:33 AM

Wow. Kevin really did break all the rules, and is in serious violation of rule #4. I'm a little worried about Jane myself.

My husband made me a mix tape when we first started dating, with live tracks pulled from his massive collection of bootlegs, all from bands that he knew I liked. It was very sweet. He still makes sure I am well supplied with music to this day.

My worst mix tape memory is from when I made myself a mix tape in college and some jackass smashed the window of my car and stole it.

Posted by: bad penguin at December 4, 2008 9:39 AM

How do you put Marilyn Manson and Cypress Hill on the same CD as Madonna and Paul Simon? Groove is in the heart is ok but its a MUST that Q-tip's rap is in the middle...if its not its just sucks... so is it there?

Posted by: Darren at December 4, 2008 9:40 AM

It is probably of no surprise that I was once queen of the mixtape (Yes, I gave myself that title - they don't, like, have a committee or anything). I made ALL KINDS of kick ass mixtapes. Some had themes, some did not. I went through a phase where "D'yer Mak'r" (I still don't know if I'm spelling that right) was on ever tape, though. And I'm sure I received several from friends during a phase where everyone included "Lovefool" from the Cardigans. I have done tapes with songs that have names in the title (i.e. Hall & Oates "Sara Smile", "Melissa" Allmann Brothers, and so forth)... and some that have places in the title ("No Sleep til Brooklyn", for example).

The WEIRDEST tape *I* received was from a guy who filled side 1 with stuff like "Keep On Loving You" by REO Speedwagon, and then Side Two was all NIN, starting with "Head Like a Hole". I liked side 2 better.

And the oddest mixtape story was that the wife of a friend of mine years later found a tape I had made in college for her husband and then emailed me saying, "Did you guys have something going on? I found this tape..." (Whoops).

Posted by: sarah at December 4, 2008 9:43 AM

hahahahaha!!! I'm young and *I* remember mixed tapes. I made a few for hubby when we were dating and by the way, you forgot one rule. Always, Always, ALWAYS make sure there are 3 to 5 seconds in between songs. that's a big one!

Posted by: La Petite Belle at December 4, 2008 9:43 AM

I have a friend who gets CDs from her ~special man friend~ and this is how they look:

Artist 1
Artist 3
Artist 3
Artist 4
Artist 4
Artist 4
Artist 4

I've never met this guy but I have completely judged him on his inability to make CDs.

Posted by: Sparkle Pants at December 4, 2008 9:48 AM

Kevin seems to be deeply disturbed. While some of those are great songs, they don't belong together, especially all willy nilly on a mixtape like that. poor poor jane, I'm sure her family will miss her....

Posted by: Kris at December 4, 2008 10:04 AM

THAT. Is hilarious! What a treat to happen upon something like that! Every year, I'd get a "songs of the year" tape from a friend from high school (this went on through college, even. She was dedicated!) I still have them. But sadly, nothing to play them on!

Posted by: k8 at December 4, 2008 10:06 AM

I make playlists based on themes, and have some good ones, like "Thank God we broke up!" and my favorite series: The Crush, The Pursuit, The Catch. I also have some pretty bad ones, like California, where all of the songs mention California in them, which means that Hotel California is on there, so I never listen to it (because even the mention of that song means it will be stuck in my head for the next week).

In high school, I got an awesome mix tape (cassette) from a slightly older guy who was just getting into the radio/dj thing. It's an awesome tape, and totally introduced me to music I was unaware of, like Lump by Presidents of the USA and Buddy Holly. He broke some of the rules (there were multiple songs by the same artists, though separated by other songs), but it's still an awesome mix and I'd listen to it right now if I could find a tape player.

Posted by: Kelly at December 4, 2008 10:34 AM

my mixed tapes are all over the place too. you never know whats going to come on next. could be Motley Crue or maybe Madonna or maybe a little Tap the Bottle. haha. i do remember when i was younger (im about your age so im sure you probably remember too, making mixtapes for friends for birthdays of holidays and sometimes i would do a personal intro for each song. you had to time the pause and record just so and it took hours! haha. good time, good times. i think mied tape making is at art form! ever hear Butch Walkers song mixtape??? oh yeah, Butch pops up on my mix cds too :)

Posted by: madmom at December 4, 2008 10:37 AM

I totally love mix tapes.

Have you seen this?

Posted by: Caleal at December 4, 2008 10:52 AM

Wow! Haven't thought of a mixed tape in quite some time!

I never made a mixed tape for anyone else but myself...in College...I used to work for the college radio station...I had a LIBRARY full of albums to choose from. So, when I booked time in the recording studio to record radio spots, I also recorded albums to cassette. Awesome! The perks! I have fond memories.

I have a TON of mixed tapes, plus cassettes with full albums on both sides from those years. I don't think I spent a dime on an actual album in the 5 years of college!

I know, totally illegal, but it was awesome! And, I was a poor college student. Who needed tunes.

And I walked to class up hill, both ways, in the snow. Kids today don't know how good they have it!

Posted by: cyndy at December 4, 2008 11:33 AM

I love nothing more than to get a mixcd. Seriously...even if its music that I don't particularly like I appreciate the time it took to put together some songs :)

Plus a lot of times mixcds are a mini timecapsule..capturing thoughts of a small moment in time in music.

Posted by: Amy at December 4, 2008 11:35 AM

Wow. You have a true talent for encountering the strangest stuff.

Scary scary mixtape (CD whatever)

But the scariest thing about it was that it still played after being neglected, scratched, and dented. The thing is clearly posessed and evil- get rid of it!

Posted by: jessica at December 4, 2008 11:56 AM

I used to spend hours making mix tapes (literally), mainly from musicals. My dating years were just after the advent of the cd burner, so I got some great ones from friends. The best one was from my now husband, and it is still so romantic to listen to. Of course, now it is translated to a playlist on iTunes!
I wish I had more time to make myself playlists. I like to use the iTunes genius to start a playlist, then make my own tweaks to it.
Maybe I will make a few mix cds for Christmas presents this year!

Posted by: Allison at December 4, 2008 11:58 AM

So have you moved on from weird bathroom stories to weird mixtape stories? That is one screwed up guy, wow. And I've got to say that you are wrong about one thing: the Beatles and/or Paul McCartney on any mixtape is just wrong.

Posted by: Dianna at December 4, 2008 12:01 PM

Have you read Love is a Mixtape? It's so great.

I always loved radio mixtapes, because it was impossible to get a song without a little bit of dj chatter, so it was like a little time capsule on a tape.

Posted by: samantha at December 4, 2008 12:19 PM

Haha, I love mixtapes!! I found one the other day that has gangsta rap on the first half and New Kids on the Block on the second. I was obviously having a music aneurism that day!

Posted by: Angela at December 4, 2008 12:34 PM

I love mix tapes. I am super proud of the ones I made. I used to make sure the end of one song flowed into the beginning of the next. In my early days, all the ballads went on the B side and the rockers on the A.

I made cool inserts using...wait for it...Hypercard on my Mac when I was in college.

When I met my husband, I made him a bunch of playlists. I haven't made a new one in ages, but all of my exes have playlists dedicated to them on my iPod. I debated naming my iPod "Mixtapes".

Posted by: Brooke at December 4, 2008 1:09 PM

I agree with Deirdre - I almost wet my office chair reading this. Thanks, Chris!

It almost makes me want to burn messed up CD mixes and 'lose' them in random parking lots. I'd never witness the outcomes but it would tickle me silly to wonder how they might play out.

Posted by: Kelly at December 4, 2008 1:09 PM

If she hasn't already, Jane needs to run. Very fast in the opposite direction of Kevin.

I am a big fan of the mix CD. We make one every month and conveniently label it November or whatever month it is. Basically it's the songs we are addicted too at the moment. But it's always a few of mine, a few of Logan's and a few from the kids, so you never know what it's going to be.

Posted by: Issa at December 4, 2008 1:12 PM

I still listen to a true mixtape (Ok, now transferred onto CD) made by my freshman roommate's boyfriend. That's 21 years ago - wow.

Posted by: Heathe at December 4, 2008 1:30 PM

God - the memories.

My first love made me my very first mixtape. I still remember some of it, and have considered remaking it from Itunes because it was stolen from my truck. Along with all of my other tapes. I cried.

1. Silent Lucidity, Queensryche
2. If I Ever Lose My Faith in You, Sting
3. Ordinary World, Duran Duran
4. Blood Stains, Agent Orange
5. Sweating Bullets, Megadeath
6. All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Social

And I wish I could remember the rest . . . every once in awhile a song will come on and I'll get so excited . . . remembering it on our tape.

While it may appear to be the most eclectic mix ever - they were all "our songs" - and we loved them all.

I now am the holder of a cd mixtape from my exboyfriend . . . It says "Howie's Mix for Min" on it . . and my boyfriend found it while flipping through a cd case on a recent roadtrip. I said "oh, that has some great stuff on it, you should put it in" and he said "mixtapes seem private and personal to me - like love letters."

Posted by: Mindy at December 4, 2008 1:35 PM

I need to listen to In Your Eyes now. Thanks ;)

Posted by: Heather at December 4, 2008 3:20 PM

this isn't nam, there are rules.
hahaha. oh, Kevin. how he sucks at making mixtapes. i, however, am a MASTER.

Posted by: ali at December 4, 2008 3:39 PM

Unrealated to your post today but wanted to share.

Ding dong the bratz are dead....

Posted by: Kristy at December 4, 2008 3:40 PM

The mixtape. An art. I used to believe that the construction of a perfect mixtape could sum up all my feelings... and I used to make a copy for myself... lest I forgot where I was emotionally when I made them.

I listen to them know... and I was like two steps and a heartbeat away from being Kevin.

Well, not really... but I def could wax poetic about the perfect mix tape for a paragraph or twelve.

Posted by: The J at December 4, 2008 4:11 PM

what a fantastic find! It makes me want to make mixed tapes (CD's) and drop them in parking lots for people to find. How fun would that be?

Posted by: Jodi at December 4, 2008 4:24 PM

Oh my 80s were defined by the mixtape - at boarding school, there was an extra rule to have as few "no more calls, please, no more calls" across your tracks as possible. The local radio station wrecked many a perfect playlist.

The first gift V handed to me was a CD mix - and it was good (obviously).

Posted by: jeanie at December 4, 2008 5:37 PM

I am surprised Jane did not back over the mixed 'cd' a few times.
In one relationship of mine we had a bond so strong- we were best friends and I wish I'd been wise enough to recognize and appreciate it fully at the time-
anyhow he made me a mixed cd in 2002 in the fourth year of our relationship, shortly after I moved to Maine, and I listen to it still:
1)Wild Flowers- Tom Petty (for knowing I had to go off and explore open and beautiful places)
2)You Are Everything- R.E.M.
3)You Are So Beautiful
4)Pride and Joy- Stevie Ray Vaughn
5)Silly Girl- The Descendents
6)Please Help Me- John Fogerty
7)One of These Nights- The Eagles (for the night early in our dating he watched me sing it while we were parked outside his parents' house talking)
8)Time In a Bottle- Jim Croce
9)So Far Away- Dire Straits
10)Dreams To Remember- Otis Redding
11)Pictures of You- The Cure...
Secret Marriage Vows by Sting, All of Me by Billie
Holiday... . It goes on segueing beautifully for 21 songs and I understood the meaning of each choice.

It also introduced me to some great songs (such as no.'s 4-6) I'd never heard before.
Any references made in my blog to Jay or to Harold- he was my cd artist :-)

Posted by: Karen at December 4, 2008 6:35 PM

Delurking - been reading for a while but couldn't pass up this opportunity. Best mixtape I've ever ever ever received or even dreamed about receiving. From my husband on our first anniversary.

You're nobody til Somebody loves you - Dean Martin
The honeymoon song - Everclear
Ingrid Bergman - Bill Bragg and Wilco
I'll be your baby tonight - Dylan
Wildhoney - U2
One the street where you live - Rickie Lee Jones
Comes Love - Billie HOliday
A kiss to build a dream on - Louis Armstrong
Just the way you are - Billy Joel
Your song - Elton John
I'll have to say I love you in a song - Jim Croce
I'm the man who loves you - Wilco (think this is okay because it didn't include Billy Bragg)
Brown Eyed Girl - Everclear (clearly breaking the no same band rule - but I have really really dark brown eyes - exception made)
She's always a woman to me - Bill Joel

Posted by: Seatte Vespa at December 4, 2008 7:03 PM

This is awesome in its suckiness :-)

I remember sitting by the stereo with my finger on the "record" button hoping to catch a song immediately as it started so that I could have it on tape. The resulting mixtape would have whatever songs I could fit on the tape in the order in which they were played. Yeah, I was a dork.

Posted by: Alissa at December 4, 2008 7:34 PM

This has to be one of the funniest things I have read all week.
I have a theory though. I believe you could make an awesome mix tape out of THESE VERY TRACKS. Kevin just didn't know how to make it FLOW. I'm going to try it. I'll bet it rocks.

Posted by: Matt at December 4, 2008 7:37 PM

Well, in Kevin's defense maybe Jane asked for those songs. (I've been known to dump stuff on CDs for people if all the want is these specific tracks.) Although it is a weird mix.

That being said, I was always the one makingmixed tapes. Now, well, it's sort of a lost art. Hmmmm... maybe I'll make a few CDs as a retro-type gift for people.

Posted by: Nat at December 4, 2008 8:43 PM

My little brother made me a mixed tape the first time I went to Europe. He was 13 and oh so thoughtful.

I want my wonderful boyfriend to make me a mixed tape for Christmas. Maybe I should even tell him! They say communication is key.

Posted by: Heather at December 4, 2008 11:47 PM

Cannot stop giggling.

I even have a book of mix CD's I've made so that I don't repeat across CD's for people. I did the same back when they were tapes. Mix CD's are very important. So much so that I'm remembering you owe me one, Mr. Cactus...

My scariest "Run, Alektra, Run!" wasn't necessarily from the tape itself, but the cover. The guy drew us on the cover, surrounded by doves and hearts.

Did I mention I was dead in the drawing? By at least a couple days?

Yeah...

Posted by: alektra at December 5, 2008 8:50 AM

I remember two mixed tapes vividly. The first tape was from a girl who was older than me. She was in high school, I was in middle school, so automatically, she was cool (read: troubled) and (I'll spare you the long story) friends with my parents. Mom asked her to take me to piano on Wednesday so she did, and one day, gave me a mixed tape. I loved that tape (cause again - she was cool and took time to do it for me). I probably still have it...somewhere.

The second tape was given to me my senior year of high school. The giver said, "All of these songs have one thing in common." I poured of lyrics. I'd never heard ANY of the songs before. And then I tried to draw some meaningful, life-altering message from the songs. My answer was wrong. The common thread? The songs were all the same musician. Turns out, the giver just wanted to introduce me to a new artist.

Posted by: Emily at December 5, 2008 8:57 AM

At the dawn of the digital age, my then-boyf, now-husband, would make me mixtapes of mp3s he downloaded and then recorded on a tape deck attached to his computer. Because I only had a cassette Walkman to listen to on train rides between our schools and to/from home. They were great. No question.

I consider myself pretty skilled at the mixtape, and often write some narrative to go along with the tracklist. My greatest accomplishment, though, was a playlist I made for hubby's 30th bday: one song from each year that was both indicative of the year in which it was big *and* significant to his life/our relationship.

Posted by: kate at December 5, 2008 11:05 AM

This was hilarious! I hope poor Jane met a man with better mix taping abilities. I made one for my college boyfriend and I can only assume it also ended up in a grocery store parking lot. And lord, how embarrassing, but "Feel Like Making Love" by Bad Company was definitely on it.

Posted by: La Petite Chic at December 5, 2008 11:22 AM

Hilarious - again! Twice in a week. I loved rule #4, most of all!

Posted by: Kell at December 5, 2008 4:24 PM

Hilarious - again! Twice in a week. I loved rule #4, most of all!

Posted by: Kell at December 5, 2008 4:24 PM

I recently found a mix CD on the side of the road. Amazingly it still works. And it is a total wack job of a mix too! It's got Where is my Mind, Since U Been Gone, Jesus Walk With Me, Night Moves and Can't Buy Me Love, etc. I like all the songs, so score for me, right? I just have to wonder why it was titled "Jesus Don't Cry".

Posted by: jessica fantastica at December 8, 2008 6:05 AM

Oh, I got a classic mix tape from a boyfriend shortly before I left for a week long vacation to California with friend of mine. It included such romantic songs as Symphony of Destruction by Metallica and Girl, Don't Go Away Mad by Motley Crue. Nothing says "I'll miss you when you're gone" quite like Vince Neil screaming "JUST GO AWAY!!!"
We didn't last real long...

Posted by: Kim at December 8, 2008 1:41 PM

One of my favorite mix-tapes of all time

Posted by: sarah at December 10, 2008 4:20 PM

I think that to receive the business loans from creditors you ought to have a firm reason. However, once I've received a sba loan, just because I was willing to buy a house.

Posted by: Casey29KATINA at November 20, 2011 2:34 PM