February 23, 2009

My Weekend, By The Numbers

I've got a hard week ahead but, luckily, I had a great weekend to prepare for it. That said, I haven't ingested nearly enough coffee to coherently recount the events of said weekend. So I'll let the numbers do the talking.

• Trips to the petstore: 1
  • Pizzas consumed: 1.5
  • Hours of sleep gotten: 14
  • Dreams had about the end of the world: 1
  • Teeth my kid cut: 2
  • Dollars required to get my car back after being fixed: $509
  • Times I said really bad things about my car: 452

So, what about you? What were your weekend numbers like?

Posted by Chris at February 23, 2009 6:37 AM
Comments

Number of fat fish: 1
Number of fish that are fat because they are probably about to lay eggs and there better not be any fish babies in that tank anytime soon (we have two fish and the gender of fish #2 is unknown): 1
Number of hours my husband worked: 13
Number of hissy fits thrown by my children: 5. 6?
Dozens of cookies made: 2
Number of peanut butter chocolate thingies made: 100ish
Number I ate: 0 (don't ask how much peanut butter batter I ate though because that number is scary).

Posted by: Sarah at February 23, 2009 8:25 AM

Number of fat fish: 1
Number of hours my husband worked: 13
Number of hissy fits thrown by my children: 5. 6?
Dozens of cookies made: 2
Number of peanut butter chocolate thingies made: 100ish

Posted by: Sarah at February 23, 2009 8:25 AM

Um, Chris? If you speak nicely to the car the repair bill is lower! (you know, flies/honey vs. flies/vinegar) I am so glad you didn't have to play Princess. I've recently started babysitting 4 year old twins that are girls. If you read my blog, you know about the testosterone level in my house. I now have pink booster seats in my car. What is the world coming to? Good luck with your busy week.

Posted by: Christy at February 23, 2009 8:28 AM

Number of home improvement activities that didn't end in divorce: 1
*note: for some reason when we try to do a project together we get on each other's nerves really bad!
Number of new Devon Rex Kittens coming home: 1
*note: Devon Rex is a newish breed of cat and we already have one!
Time it took to name new kitten: 30 seconds; his name is Hershey!
Number of shows caught up on Tivo: a lot!
Number of Sopranos Season 1 episodes watched: 6

Posted by: Michelle at February 23, 2009 9:47 AM

Bowls of cereal eaten - 4
Movies watched - 3
Comic books read - 8
Times my child whined about his teeth - 4 gazillion
Hours of sleep lost - about 8

Posted by: Claire at February 23, 2009 12:00 PM

Flights of stairs to my current apartment:3
Flights of stairs to my new apartment: 1
Flights of stairs to the storage unit: 0
Number of pounds of stuff I carried up and down said stairs: eleventy gabillion
Bookshelves carried: 4
Boxes of books carried: 12 (I need to break the book work habit)
Tylenol taken: 6
Friends I conned into helping me with promises of booze: 3
Muscles that hurt today: all of them.
Remaining pile of crap that still needs to be moved next weekend: Oh My Goodness I need a magic wand to make it all happen. Does Mia have one I can borrow?

Posted by: Lizzle at February 23, 2009 12:07 PM

That is very funny about your daughter mentioning Obama. Our 3 year old is obsessed and talks about him daily. My parents moved to DC in January for my father to fulfill a 4 year appt. and ever since my daughter is obsessed with going to the White House to see "Baback O'Mama" as she calls him. She insists my father let her spend Christmas with the Obama's.

Posted by: Sarah at February 23, 2009 12:22 PM

I hope you were the narrator guy in the wheelchair and not the bald dude with the little beanie cap. He's got issues.

Posted by: Mr Lady at February 23, 2009 12:44 PM

Hours spent driving across LA while my daughter slept in the car Saturday: 4
Number of Nannies/Moms at the party we drove across LA County to get to: 7
Number of kids in attendance: 3
Hours spent waiting in lines at disneyland Sunday: 1 (not bad)
Times I have visited Disneyland in the last week: 3
Number of fights that broke out between Ant and Mia over the course of the weekend: 37
Number of times Anthony's teeth woke us all up each night: 12
Loads of laundry completed this weekend:5
Loads of laundry put away this weekend: 1
Number of times Amelia bit Anthony: 1

That's all I got. :-)

Posted by: Steph at February 23, 2009 1:05 PM

Northbound train trips taken: 1
Southbound train trips taken: 1
High school students chaperoned: 12
Broadway shows seen: 2
NY cabs hailed: 5
NY cabs stolen after I hailed them: 2
Cell phones stolen: 1 (not mine)

Posted by: MamaKaren at February 23, 2009 3:23 PM

$ Spent on Travel Guides: 90
Number of Big Trips Planned: 1
(Ethiopia, Egypt and Dubai on New Years')

Posted by: Heather at February 23, 2009 3:51 PM

I love posts like these. What did you get at the pet store?

Posted by: Nadine at February 23, 2009 4:25 PM

Hours of sleep gotten: 18
Times my cat sat on my keyboard while I was trying to use it: 12
Times my stupid geriatric dog crapped in the house: 3
Phone calls from people who did not want to talk to me: 4
Pounds lost over the last week: 2
Times I thought I was going to go crazy thinking about next week: 622
Movies watched: 2
Hours worked : 1/2
Hours my cousin worked repairing my bathroom floor: 5

I think that just about sums it up.

Posted by: Debra at February 23, 2009 7:54 PM

Number of fat calories consumed Friday night at a BBQ restaurant: 1000000000000+
Number of middle school children chaperoned Saturday during a science competition: 30 (I was doing my mom a BIG favor)
Number of pictures taken of said kids: 63
Number of hours of sleep: Somewhere around 25. Seriously. I was beat!
Number of times I nearly squeezed my boyfriend's hand off during the movie "Taken": 4 or 5
Number of times I said "Fuck work": Countless

Posted by: Stephanie at February 23, 2009 10:14 PM

Congratulations on the quad runners! (We've never called them atvs..sorry.) I've had one since I was 3.5, Mia will love it! And Owen when he's a bit older too! 2 teeth down, that's a plus.

Posted by: Dianna at February 24, 2009 12:26 AM

what? no oscar watching this weekend?

Posted by: NM at February 24, 2009 1:41 AM

The weekend is a little blurry. I do, however, recall that I attempted in doing as little as possible. With success.

Posted by: jessica at February 24, 2009 2:05 PM