February 27, 2009

The Weeklies #75

The Weekly Bodily Function. Puking.

The Weekly General Observation. I feel totally out of whack and off schedule.

The Weekly Viral Video (That's Totally Unrelated to the Viral Puking, I Promise). Fred and Sharon's Movies. Safe for work, I promise.

The Weekly Word That Sounds Dirty But Isn't. Stimulus.

The Weekly Read. Lee Child's Jack Reacher is pretty much the ultimate hero. Incredible Hulk-like with his vagabond ways, he kicks ass, tasks names then wanders off. Part of me feels sad for Jack. Guy's gotta be lonely. But he makes for a great read. Nothing To Lose is no exception. Amazon reviewers panned it but honestly, honestly, I dug it. It ain't great literature so don't labor under the impression you're getting your hands on the equivalent of a long lost Dickens novel. It's merely entertaining. And frankly that's what I was paying it for.

The Weekly Time Waster. Jam Legend. Think Guitar Hero without the guitar. Rock out with your cock out! (If you have a cock, that is.)

The Weekly Thing My Daughter Inexplicably Yelled While Running Through The House. I'm in the mood! I'm in the mood!

The Weekly Schadenfreude. Northern Trust is a Chicago-based bank that recently received over $1 billion in bailout funds. What did they do with it? They threw a gigantic party. Specifically, they flew a few hundred employees out to LA and put on a heck of a show. Chicago, Earth Wind And Fire and Sheryl Crow played and Tiffany's gift bags were handed out to all the ladies. Bet the 400 folks they laid off in December were happy.

The Weekly Not Quite Hypothetical. So, what's the period of time after your family has had the plague that you stop worrying about contracting it yourself?

Posted by Chris at February 27, 2009 7:26 AM
Comments

I would say you are safe from the sickness if you make it to Monday.

Does Beth also run around yelling 'I'm in the mood! I'm in the mood!'?

Posted by: Ashley K at February 27, 2009 8:13 AM

I would say about a week, but only if you have bleached and lysol'd every square inch possible...LOL

Posted by: Elizabeth at February 27, 2009 8:19 AM

I think you'll only be safe when you're dead.

Posted by: You can call me, 'Sir' at February 27, 2009 8:26 AM

We all got it in 72 hour intervals. So...the number of people in your house x 72 hrs each = number of days till you're probably safe. BUT rotavirus lives outside of the body for several days - so bleach and lysol away. As long as anyone still has the trots/fever they're still contagious. It's bad this year!

Posted by: Pink and Green Mama at February 27, 2009 8:30 AM

Weekly Bodily Function: Blech! I was up all last night sick.

Weekly Word: It can be dirty. It all depends on context and pronunciation.

Weekly Hypothetical: For me, it is two weeks. I'm sending healthy vibes your way.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Posted by: MariaV at February 27, 2009 8:47 AM

Blankets and Towels
Covered in puke and germ-y
It ain't over yet.

But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Posted by: Tera at February 27, 2009 9:13 AM

That bank just has the best name, don't they? Fuckers.

Posted by: Fraulein N at February 27, 2009 9:26 AM

I used to be in the mood more when I was younger too... :)

On a totally unrelated note, would you suggest starting with the FIRST Jack Reacher book? Or is this one of those series that you can just jump right into at any point?

Posted by: Kim at February 27, 2009 9:40 AM

I used to be in the mood more when I was younger too... :)

Posted by: Kim at February 27, 2009 9:41 AM

I used to be in the mood more when I was younger too... :)

Posted by: Kim at February 27, 2009 9:41 AM

I think if you can make it through the weekend, you are immune to the illness. It seems to have run through your household quickly!
Hey, since you are such a music fan, may I suggest "Wonderful Tonight" by Patti Boyd. She was married to George Harrison & Eric Clapton and it's an interesting read about that era and the disfunctional hot messes they all were.
Have a great weekend!

Posted by: LaineyDid at February 27, 2009 10:36 AM

1 week. Usually if I haven't started doing what the rest of them were (puking, coughing, sniffling) by then, I am in the clear. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Posted by: Anna at February 27, 2009 10:43 AM

My Mom can't say (or hear) "stimulus" without giggling. So of course I have to say it as much as possible.

Stimulus. Stimulus. Stimulus.

Posted by: Tink at February 27, 2009 11:03 AM

Even dirtier-sounding is "stimulus package"

Yes, I'm a 12 year-old boy trapped in a 40 year-old woman's body. I rarely claim to be otherwise.

Posted by: harmzie at February 27, 2009 11:04 AM

Hey. Sheryl Crow's gotta stop participating in such things. She performed at our company "party" that the whole community bitched about for months last summer.

Posted by: k8 at February 27, 2009 11:16 AM

I'm in the mood? I'm in the mood? If I didnt' know how old she was, I'd be worried. Maybe I still am!

Posted by: apathy lounge at February 27, 2009 5:44 PM

Holy crap, Fred and Sharon are real!

Posted by: Gramps at February 27, 2009 6:05 PM

I KNEW I should have taken that job at Northern Trust...stupid stupid me...

Instead I pick another company and now I'm sitting waiting for my pink slip. Sigh.

Posted by: Shell at February 27, 2009 6:32 PM

Mia's exclamation made me laugh...very loudly.
And the schadenfreude? WTF?! ARGH.

Posted by: Heather at February 27, 2009 7:15 PM

"I'm in the mood... . "

Perhaps one of you could come for an insttructional visit as I'm still trying to teach the fiance that one ... LOL.

As for the plague Sir Cactus... since it was THAT kind of a plague you are probably in the clear at 24 hours from the time Mia stopped puking- but I'd give it 72 just to be safe.

Posted by: Karen at February 28, 2009 12:46 AM

Sorry you're sick! I've been told that the best thing to do is disinfect everything, especially phones, doorknobs, etc. Ick.

Northern Trust and other companies pulling this type of crap make me angry, and I'm not even American.

Posted by: Scatteredmom at February 28, 2009 2:18 PM

Feel better! No time limit really. You see, you can reinfect each other. Yuck!
I am home! Yay! Had a great time, but now we wait to see if Anneliese is going to have puppies! I will know in a month!

Posted by: Maribeth at March 1, 2009 6:49 AM