April 6, 2009

The Weekend. And That Numbers Thing Again

You all are a pretty on-the-ball group so I'm sure it didn't get past any of you that it's Monday. Combine that with the fact that I had a hell of a busy weekend and you'll probably be able to noodle through why I'm relying on bullet points again. Please forgive me. But after you check out the numbers, well, I'm sure you'll understand.

• Miles driven: 708
  • Times I need to see that again: 0
  • Toads I'm convinced will attack me in my sleep for karmic retribution: 3,421
  • Times Mia asked if we could watch whales poop: 1
  • Hours until I post something more elaborate and interesting: 24
  • Cups of coffee I need: 8

Posted by Chris at April 6, 2009 6:37 AM
Comments

where'd you go? it sounds like you left your house on friday, drove for 48 hours and arrived at work. without stopping. that's a lot of mileage!

Posted by: La Petite Belle at April 6, 2009 7:46 AM

Whale Poop...priceless

Posted by: Deirdre at April 6, 2009 7:51 AM

That's a lot of pictures...when do we get to see some?

Sounds like a great weekend!

Posted by: Krush at April 6, 2009 8:54 AM

Is it wrong that I'm kind of curious what happens to a toad when it meets its maker via weed whacker?

Posted by: js at April 6, 2009 8:56 AM

I'm not sure where Mia can watch a whale poop, but I do know there is a very gross video of a polar bear pooping underwater at the Pittsburgh Zoo on YouTube.

Posted by: margo at April 6, 2009 9:00 AM

It's Monday? Dammit! :P

Posted by: Heather at April 6, 2009 9:43 AM

Poor toad.

Happy Tuesday. err...Monday.

Posted by: jessica at April 6, 2009 10:00 AM

Just returned from spring breaking with the family on a cruise to Mexico. Don't get me started on all that cause..well, just don't. You don't put teenagers on a boat with a gazillion spring breakers and a honey who absolutely hates people...cause that shit aint fun! or relaxing!

I'm so glad to be home. Coffee sounds good right now...thanks for the suggestion!

Posted by: kimmyk at April 6, 2009 10:08 AM

Hate to do this to you... but you should check out Joe Cartoon's "frog in a blender". His website will make your Monday!

Posted by: Tai at April 6, 2009 11:42 AM

Oh, the poor toad!

Posted by: Laura at April 6, 2009 12:37 PM

I am a big, BIG fan of the portable DVD. We've got one with two small connected screens, that fix to the back of the front seat headrests. I don't know how *anyone* ever did road-trips before them, but apparently they did.

Now all we parents have to do is referee the Epic Battles over which DVD to watch next because the only one they EVER agree upon is Crazy Frog. (Which I don't agree on) (Because the speaker for said DVD player points straight into my head)

Posted by: harmzie at April 6, 2009 1:57 PM

Whale poop... priceless! I can't believe you had to cut the grass already... I contemplated doing it, but then quickly came to my senses. And, I hope I never, ever, end up weed-whacking a toad. Gross!

Posted by: ironic1 at April 6, 2009 2:48 PM

That was one busy weekend!

Posted by: Kami at April 6, 2009 3:12 PM

I'm not really sure that 16 hours in the car (let alone with 2 children) is worth 10 hours of relatives. You are far braver than I! We also did the first mow of the season.

Posted by: Dianna at April 6, 2009 3:40 PM

DVD players are a godsend, said the atheist.

Posted by: Nat at April 6, 2009 10:32 PM

The absolute most horrific event in my parenting career to date was when we drove down to Branson, MO - the supposed family-fun capital of the world - two weeks after Owen was born. When all was said and done, we spent 20 hours in the car with a 2.5 year old and a 2 week old; 40 hours in the family compound with a 2.5 year old and a 2 week old, neither of whom would sleep, and roughly 10 other relatives making ruckus; 18 hours trying to get a clogged milk duct from causing me complete and total agony; and all 60 hours either crying or consoling because it was a trip for my grandfather's memorial service. Truly the most miserable 3 days of my life.

If there was a bright spot, it was this: the portable DVD player. Amen, hallelujah, saints be praised, etc. - those things rock!

Posted by: kate at April 7, 2009 10:46 AM

It's known that money can make us free. But what to do when one doesn't have money? The one way only is to get the business loans or college loan.

Posted by: STUARTEarnestine20 at June 19, 2010 6:41 AM

Quelqu'un peut-il me dire comment obtenir les avatars peu à montrer dans ma section des commentaires? merci!

Posted by: Lancel at November 18, 2011 5:07 AM