August 13, 2009

Remainders

#1. In case you're wondering, the dinner I cooked for Beth on Monday consisted of a nice insalata caprese - tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar - followed by mushroom and rosemary risotto. It was good, if I do say so myself.

#2. I was fairly disappointed in the So You Think You Can Dance finale. I thought both Brandon and Kayla got robbed, probably Brandon most of all.

#3. Owen is a hardcore talker. My recent favorites? Saying hi to everything. Saying uh-oh whenever he accidentally or not-so-accidentally drops something. And asking for Mia wherever he goes. The boy loves his sister.

#4. I am more bummed by the disappearance of an amusement park than I think I should be. I even brought it up to a coworker today, also from Houston. We both lamented its passing.

#5. I got my hair cut tonight. Because I forgot to schedule the appointment early combined with the fact that I'm actually quite lazy, my hair was long. And very gray. The grayness doesn't bother me from an appearance perspective but from an age perspective, it doesn't exactly thrill me.

#6. I wouldn't actually punch a midget if I was forced to listen to any part of the Sound of Music soundtrack. I'm all talk when it comes to violence against midgets. Or violence in general.

Posted by Chris at August 13, 2009 8:36 PM
Comments

Dude, if I discovered that my childhood favorite amusement park was GONE? Not just closed, but GONE? I'd be traumatized for weeks. I don't think you're overreacting at all. Those things are huge, and for them to just disappear? It's kind of creepy. And by "kind of" I mean "very".

Posted by: Dawn at August 13, 2009 10:44 PM

That dinner sounds really good to me. I eat caprese salads quite often and my other half (Michael) doesn't really care for them - more for me I say.... Mushroom Rosemary Risotto sounds awesome too!

And FYI - Alot of women think gray hair is SEXY!
Remember that! Though I suppose it only matters what Beth thinks :)

Have a great weekend!

Posted by: Rose Winters at August 14, 2009 1:04 AM

If it makes you feel better, my hair is almost completely white now.

Posted by: MariaV at August 14, 2009 6:01 AM

Need picture of hair in order to judge the oldness factor.
Dinner sounds good.
I think I am also like you and obsess about things. I am still not over firing my old Veterinarian. Just bugs the sh*t out of me. And it shouldn't. I mean, I fired them, right?

Posted by: Maribeth at August 14, 2009 7:16 AM

I thought about making a salad like that - I had access to super fresh tomatoes last night (pulled 'em off the vine myself!) but I made a pretty radass bruschetta instead heh.

Posted by: Heather at August 14, 2009 9:32 AM

hahaha- punch a midget. you are so funny.

Posted by: la petite belle at August 18, 2009 7:32 AM

Kayla had wobbly ankles (we called her The Weeble in my house), and it continously pissed me off that the judges never called her on it ONE TIME. Her turns always wobbled! Her penches always wobbled! Her arabesque releves always wobbled! AAAAAGGGGH.

Brandon kind of did get robbed though. And yes, I know that I am crazy when it comes to this show, so you don't have to tell me.

Posted by: Librarian Girl at August 19, 2009 6:45 PM